Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- The number of medals available in a bracket are relative to the TOTAL number of scoops earned by ALL characters in that bracket. That way, the more active a bracket, the more medals there are to go around. And you can’t drop down to inactive brackets to get tons of easy medals. 0-100 (Most Scoops), 101-200 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops), 201-300 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci), 301-400 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci Sequence, Most Scoops Destroyed), etc, etc..

That doesn’t seem like a good way to determine the number of medals available. It depends too much on the amount of wanton destruction going on. Imagine if this had been the case during Gambit week; playing Dom that week would have been even more pointless.

Also, why isn’t Fave in there? Will Fave be removed?

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

zagerblag Posted:

That doesn’t seem like a good way to determine the number of medals available. It depends too much on the amount of wanton destruction going on. Imagine if this had been the case during Gambit week; playing Dom that week would have been even more pointless.

Also, why isn’t Fave in there? Will Fave be removed?

How does it depend on destruction at all? It’s based on the number of scoops earned, not the number of scoops left. And no, Fave flava is not being removed, it just wasn’t used in that example.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

was Posted:

Why was it painful? Because they couldn’t get to 12? Or because of slow turnover that is a result of changes you all supported? Or because they raided, with leeching, in a way the Crotch Zombie is trying to discourage?

Providing true details of the problems with the current system can only benefit.

Also, do you have any information from a Brainfreeze raid? Or was the other 49 raids, I did one, by Grey Goose Mafia?

Well the low amount of Log in to see images!

Auser

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

Ok this has been suggested before (possibly in this thread I can’t remember) but I would like to bring it up again:

Could we have a method of making domination more competitive between Klans? More specifically, each medal a player earns individually also counts towards a medal total for the Klan. I think this would make a really fun leaderboard and have some cool klan peens attached to it, much in the same way The Gimp, and Dominatrix peens are currently awarded. You could even introduce individual peens such as ‘team player’ or something to do with how many medals earned.

I would add that it shouldn’t be retrospective, in that the skilled dom players who currently have a significant amount of medals couldn’t manipulate totals by switching klans. Only medals won in a dom week from the introduction of this and not previous medals should count toward the klan total. Also the medals should stay in that klan should the player leave, and any future medals that player earns obviously is awarded to said player’s new klan’s total medal count.

You might like this idea or hate it, I am fairly new to domination and don’t pretend to be able to speak for experienced and talented players. But since some klans are very active in domination, something like this could really spice up domination from a klan perspective and add another level of competition between klans and I would also enjoy the feeling that by medaling for my own personal success, I am helping my klan as well.

Auser edited this message on 02/25/2009 3:03PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Auser Posted:

Ok this has been suggested before (possibly in this thread I can’t remember) but I would like to bring it up again:

Could we have a method of making domination more competitive between Klans? More specifically, each medal a player earns individually also counts towards a medal total for the Klan. I think this would make a really fun leaderboard and have some cool klan peens attached to it, much in the same way The Gimp, and Dominatrix peens are currently awarded. You could even introduce individual peens such as ‘team player’ or something to do with how many medals earned.

I would add that it shouldn’t be retrospective, in that the skilled dom players who currently have a significant amount of medals couldn’t manipulate totals by switching klans. Only medals won in a dom week from the introduction of this and not previous medals should count toward the klan total. Also the medals should stay in that klan should the player leave, and any future medals that player earns obviously is awarded to said player’s new klan’s total medal count.

You might like this idea or hate it, I am fairly new to domination and don’t pretend to be able to speak for experienced and talented players. But since some klans are very active in domination, something like this could really spice up domination from a klan perspective and add another level of competition between klans and I would also enjoy the feeling that by medaling for my own personal success, I a helping my klan as well.

I like the idea. It would help a long way on raising klan warfare in Domination. I need to iron out a few details on how it’ll work, then I’ll likely add it to the list.

Still trying to figure out the best way to re-introduce raiding and keep it balanced (as well).

B2015

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I like the idea. It would help a long way on raising klan warfare in Domination. I need to iron out a few details on how it’ll work, then I’ll likely add it to the list.

Still trying to figure out the best way to re-introduce raiding and keep it balanced (as well).

B2015

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I like meeeeeeeeeee’s suggestion: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/473564.

I’d really like to try this; raiding would be fast and furious, would require good players working together and would have a functional/practical cap, but wouldn’t be inaccessible to smaller groups of players, nor give raiding groups an unbeatable advantage.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Fortunato Posted:

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I like meeeeeeeeeee’s suggestion: http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/473564.

I’d really like to try this; raiding would be fast and furious, would require good players working together and would have a functional/practical cap, but wouldn’t be inaccessible to smaller groups of players, nor give raiding groups an unbeatable advantage.

The only problem that I can think of is that scoops earned would be capped at how many forums there are.. let’s call it 100 (cause that’ll likely be as many as we allow for pistachio capping purposes). That means that you can only get 100 scoops from a raid and it would take 100 visits to get there. Based on previous discussions that doesn’t sound like enough of a benefit for people to raid.

Oh, and also, leeches. Perhaps if we made the 60 hour cap on raiding extended to “all vanilla earning” I’d be OK with this.

Then we can look at balance (perhaps 2 scoops for each milestone – so 200 total for a raid). Thoughts?

At this point, I’m not against an overhaul of how the Raiding system works, the first attempt failed. We’ve spent plenty of time since then restricting it so it doesn’t give too much of an advantage, and now we’re at the end of the spectrum. So a happy medium (or new design) is certainly needed. That being said, there were again another 50+ raids this past week – so that says something.

B2015

Auser

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

That being said, there were again another 50+ raids this past week – so that says something.

B2015

Again I might be totally wrong Log in to see images! but isn’t this thread a cause of that?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/27392-ricket-and-falcon-present-contest-for-1-bp-click-a-bumon

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Auser Posted:

Again I might be totally wrong Log in to see images! but isn’t this thread a cause of that?

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/27392-ricket-and-falcon-present-contest-for-1-bp-click-a-bumo

Oh, I was unaware of that Contest. As I’ve stated in the past we are currently unable to track vanilla earned through a raid, so for now our only gauge on success of the previous changes is raid creation. I have it in the queue to get a Scoop tracking report built, but until then I can only rely on raid creation and user feedback.

Either way I don’t think that raiding is optimal right now, whether people really are raiding or not.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

At this point, I’m not against an overhaul of how the Raiding system works, the first attempt failed. We’ve spent plenty of time since then restricting it so it doesn’t give too much of an advantage, and now we’re at the end of the spectrum. So a happy medium (or new design) is certainly needed.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Separate brackets for solos/raiders. Then raids are fixed because every raider is on the same footing, no matter what you do.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 02/25/2009 4:16PM

EVECHARM

Avatar: 114577 Tue Feb 17 05:11:14 -0500 2009

[pizza party]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

heh so how many raids were there this week? (would be funny for the contest thread

and are there enough raiding clans to not throw the medal count one way or another if some decide to raid?

EVECHARM edited this message on 02/25/2009 4:23PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

EVECHARM Posted:

heh so how many raids were there this week? (would be funny for the contest thread)

Last time I checked, just over 50. For now since raiding isn’t skewing the game unfairly, like it used to, we’re going to focus on cards, medals and the like to improve the game and get more Users interested in playing.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Last time I checked, just over 50. For now since raiding isn’t skewing the game unfairly, like it used to, we’re going to focus on cards, medals and the like to improve the game and get more Users interested in playing.

Even without the contest, you just can’t use the number of raids started as a gauge of actual raiding or even interest in raiding. Everyone who is an officer in a klan, including all those 1-person klans, can click the “start raid” bumon just to see what happens. If people can click a bumon, they will, just out of curiosity. I would honestly bet that zero vanilla scoops have been earned this week through klan raids. Being able to track this for sure is the only way you’ll know anything.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

plk Posted:

Even without the contest, you just can’t use the number of raids started as a gauge of actual raiding or even interest in raiding. Everyone who is an officer in a klan, including all those 1-person klans, can click the “start raid” bumon just to see what happens. If people can click a bumon, they will, just out of curiosity. I would honestly bet that zero vanilla scoops have been earned this week through klan raids. Being able to track this for sure is the only way you’ll know anything.

I can and will! It’s all I got right now, so messing with the raids like a contest to start raids tells me that people like to raid. Log in to see images!

Scoop log tracking is on the list, but as I said, as long as raiding isn’t negatively hurting the balance like it was (and other changes could be added to make the game better) other priorities for Domination are going to be developed first.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I can and will! It’s all I got right now, so messing with the raids like a contest to start raids tells me that people like to raid. Log in to see images!

I don’t know about that; it can also be used as proof that people like to enter contests.

Maybe until you can track raid scoops, is there a way you could survey people and ask them if they are actually really getting scoops through raids? I imagine that even just talking to someone in the few largest klans would give you the information you need to know. I know you put a lot of effort into changing raiding, but if no raiding is actually happening, all these started raids just give you a false sense that the system is working. If it’s not working and you know it, why even have it as an option? Just take it down until you can rebuild it into something you really like.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

The only problem that I can think of is that scoops earned would be capped at how many forums there are.. let’s call it 100 (cause that’ll likely be as many as we allow for pistachio capping purposes). That means that you can only get 100 scoops from a raid and it would take 100 visits to get there. Based on previous discussions that doesn’t sound like enough of a benefit for people to raid.

Oh, and also, leeches. Perhaps if we made the 60 hour cap on raiding extended to “all vanilla earning” I’d be OK with this.

Then we can look at balance (perhaps 2 scoops for each milestone – so 200 total for a raid). Thoughts?

In a previous version of this suggestion, I mooted the idea of grading scoop earnings. e.g 1 scoop per forum for up to 52 (bumuming 13 alts in the raid) then 2 for up to, say, 80, then 3? Finally a nice bonus like 8 (+ a klan peen!) for holding every forum simultaneously. That’d come to 173 per alt when 100 forums are available (growing 3 per week, but of course it’d be harder to reach the maximum as time goes on if the number of alts remains static)

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

How does it depend on destruction at all? It’s based on the number of scoops earned, not the number of scoops left. And no, Fave flava is not being removed, it just wasn’t used in that example.

Oh, okay. Would the number of scoops that a player had destroyed be displayed, or would it be hidden? Would there be any way to attack people competing for that medal? Perhaps something like a Shield applied to attackers instead of defenders, negating a player’s next attack against anyone?

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

At this point, I’m not against an overhaul of how the Raiding system works, the first attempt failed. We’ve spent plenty of time since then restricting it so it doesn’t give too much of an advantage, and now we’re at the end of the spectrum. So a happy medium (or new design) is certainly needed. That being said, there were again another 50+ raids this past week – so that says something.

B2015

Why not make it so that when you earn solo Vanilla (or alternatively, when you use visits and aren’t part of a raid), you have to wait for [the number of visits you used / 4] rollovers (rounded up) before you can join a raid, and when you join a raid, you have to wait 3 rollovers to earn Vanilla/join raids?

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

SUGGESTIONS FOR A SCOOP REBALANCE

The balance of the game certainly isn’t perfect and before new cards and medals are added like it is planned, the base game should be stable or these additions would most likely impair the balance further and be a failure like the last theme weeks. Here some suggestions to rebalance scoops:

­

Antifreeze

70 – 80 scoops per week (theoretically it’s also possible to get some scoops by committing suicide in battle but that’s not a realistic option because that would prevent you from getting much more lemon, pisachio and vanilla scoops; it would also break your pistachio streak. A raise to 8 scoops for martyring 3 times is pointless)

Advantages: safe (you can get the maximum without problems), you can time when you get them, doesn’t use up visits

Disadvantages: you’ll probably lose flezz

Conclusion: The amount of antifreeze scoops is relativly low but that’s fine because it requires neither skill nor visits to get them. Gambling is boring and most players who gamble regularly use Neonas script anyway. A replacement of the Antifreeze limit with an exponential reward system like it is mentioned in the first post wouldn’t make gambling more interesting, it would only reward those players with enough flezz to run the script long enough. It would be nice to have other, more interesting ways to get them.

­

Chocolate

0- ? scoops per week

Advantages: doesn’t use up visits

Disadvantages: not safe (you don’t know how many you’ll get), you can’t time when you get them

Conclusion: chocolate scoops can be gained by playing INCIT and Forumbuildr. The scoops won by playing INCIT are to few, you’d have to play almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get enough chocolates to be relevant in the higher brackets. It should be raised to 2 or 3 scoops per win. This might also convince some INCIT players to start playing domination.

Forumbuildr on the other hand is unbalanced because the number of submissions isn’t capped and decent players who submit for every new forum get two more submissions every week. This gives players who started early an unfair advantage, some players have already more than 80 submission per week and while it is hard to come up with enough successful ideas this can result in hundreds of scoops. The number of submissions should be limited to 20 per alt.

­

Lemon

0 – 84/120 scoops per week (28 visits/40 visits)

Advantages: you can time when you get them

Disadvantages: use up visits, not safe (and lag is often a problem)

Conclusion: lemon scoops are more or less fine. They have lost the relevance they had in the early days of domination but that’s good because this lessens the disadvantage for players with a slow internet connection and those who experience heavy lag.

­

Pistachio

0 – 294/390 scoops per week once 100 forums are available (28 visits/40 visits)

Advantages: safe, you can time when you get them

Disadvantages: use up visits

Conclusion: pistachio scoops are by far the most powerful flavour and this gets worse every week. Once 100 forums are available a player who finishes his streak will get 294 pistachio scoops or even 390 if he brings in 12 visits from the previous week. As long as the player doesn’t break his streak there is no way to prevent that he gets them and not even lag influences this. Without a high streak it’s pretty much impossible to win in the higher brackets and this forces players to run pistachio streaks permanently.

This sacrifice of visits that can’t be used for other means like grinding for Flezz or Job Board points is justified but that players who have just started a new streak aren’t able to compete isn’t. This is primarily a problem for players without alts – they can’t play dom with another alt until their main reaches the peak of his streak again. Pistachio has to be nerfed, either by capping them at 20 scoops (140/200 scoops in the last week of the streak) or by raising the pistachio scoops gained for every 4 forums pwned only by 1, so that a player who pwns the hundredth forum gets only 25 scoops (154/205 scoops in the last week but much less in the earlier stages of the streak).

­

Vanilla

0 – 152/224 scoops per week (28 visits/40 visits, if you run 16 visits on rollover some more scoops are possible but that’s risky)

Advantages: you can time when you get them

Disadvantages: not safe (not only the natural turnover is a problem, solo vanilla runs can also be disrupted by other players), use up visits

Conclusion: vanilla scoops are the most interesting flavour from the perspective of a dom player (an INCIT player or Forumbuilder might have a different point of view). It’s possible to get relatively many of them but it’s risky; flawless vanilla runs are rare. It’s also the only flavor you can prevent other players to get by interrupting their solo run, though you’d have to sacrifice visits for that. 8 vanilla scoops for dominating 4 forums at once is fine under these cirgreat timesstances.

Amasius edited this message on 03/04/2009 1:35AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

So you’d only really call for a nerf of pistachio? I could sign that.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Fortunato Posted:

So you’d only really call for a nerf of pistachio? I could sign that.

A nerf of pistachio certainly is the most important point and should be implemented soon. The changes of chocolate are less important but should be easy to do and antifreeze needs a complete overhaul.

Scullys suggestion to add a “Mobsters backroom Wheel of Fortune” is interesting but I would modify it:

You can bet once a day and lose the flezz. The more you wager the more antifreeze scoops you can possibly win, it should be graded, for example:

10  : you can win 1 – 3 scoops

100  : 1 – 5 scoops

1000  : 1 – 10 scoops

10000  : 1 – 15 scoops

100000  : 1 – 20 scoops

1000000  : 1 – 30 scoops

Amasius edited this message on 03/03/2009 2:51PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!