Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Next can we remove cards? I’ve always wanted to play dom just on scoops, without any cards.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Inertia Posted:

Next can we remove cards? I’ve always wanted to play dom just on scoops, without any cards.

I would consider this a theme, not an “enhancement”, and yes, I would like to try a week with that.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Inertia Posted:

I’m curious as to whether you would still want to do that if the clbumes weren’t unbalanced speed wise, or if you were a different clbum.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

was Posted:

Would this mean that 20 people hold 12 forums or 20 people hold 24 forums?

At what point does the klan vanilla get distributed?

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

In theory it would be two groups of 10 people. Each group would need to own 12 different forums. bumuming that both raids would want to help each other then could, in theory have 11 anchor forums and toggle back and forth on a 12th. I’m not sure if this is a good idea, or bad idea yet Log in to see images!

In theory you could do that come Wednesday with two raids from different klans.

That seems hard to do. I am all for making raiding more difficult.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

was Posted:

That seems hard to do. I am all for making raiding more difficult.

Yeah I’m leaning towards it being a good idea to have multiple raids on at once. Although I’m sure there are reasons not to do it.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

I made a suggestion a while back about an alternative method of raiding. Simply, over 12 forums pwned, each additional forum held would earn another scoop (losing a forum and earning it back wouldn’t get a scoop) Perhaps with a bonus (2 scoops per extra forum?) once you hold 60+ forums simultaneously (number could be adjusted, possibly even rising or lowering according to time of day and general level of traffic) Add a limit on number of players or alts that can participate in such a raid, to the number of forums pwnable, for additional challenge.

Upsides;

1. It’d be a short raid

2. Raiding with 10 players rather than 5 players + an alt each would be an advantage

3. Incentive for a player to use all their visits instead of reserving them for solo, as you want to hit the top end of the raid where you get some bonus scoops.

Downsides;

1. It’d be easier to raid this way

2. And it’d get easier as time goes on, and more forums become available.

There could be ways to mitigate against these, by raising the point at which you earn scoops, or having a very strict limit on the length of the raid.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 01/28/2009 5:21PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

All this talk about trying to balance solo vs. raiders. Bah.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Why can’t we just have separate brackets for soloers and raiders? Then no balancing is needed.

Players would default to being solo the first week, then every subsequent week they default to whatever they were the previous week. Before they earn any scoops they can toggle between solo or raiding, but once they earn their first scoop they’re stuck in whatever option they had checked, for the week. Players are put into the appropriate bracket on first scoop earned, and boom, no more worries about balancing solos vs raiders.

Technology’s in place for much of this now, with the “enable/disable” option. “solo/raiding” could use the same underlying code. All that’s needed is bracket designation.

twas

Level 35 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Replace Antifreeze limit with an exponential reward system where the most wins you have in a day, the more wins you need to get the next scoop

What is this? Who is making too much money from Blackjack or getting too many scoops? If anything antifreeze should be raised to 12 scoops to keep it inline with everything else.

Malaise

Avatar: 40838 2011-10-31 23:42:35 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trust me. I know edgy!

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Why can’t we just have separate brackets for soloers and raiders? Then no balancing is needed.

Players would default to being solo the first week, then every subsequent week they default to whatever they were the previous week. Before they earn any scoops they can toggle between solo or raiding, but once they earn their first scoop they’re stuck in whatever option they had checked, for the week. Players are put into the appropriate bracket on first scoop earned, and boom, no more worries about balancing solos vs raiders.

Technology’s in place for much of this now, with the “enable/disable” option. “solo/raiding” could use the same underlying code. All that’s needed is bracket designation.

Banhammer, I’ve never said this before and I’ll certainly never say it again but you’re alright.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

was Posted:

What is this? Who is making too much money from Blackjack or getting too many scoops? If anything antifreeze should be raised to 12 scoops to keep it inline with everything else.

The change would remove the cap so that you could get more then the currently capped limit. Maybe we’d consider giving 2 every time instead of 1 so you could get even more.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m not convinced that this is the best way, but I’ve certainly considered it and will keep it in mind. Thanks for the input.

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

I’m curious as to whether you would still want to do that if the clbumes weren’t unbalanced speed wise, or if you were a different clbum.

oh right.

I didn’t think about that. I guess that would work to my advantage hahaha

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Updated OP

KrackAddict

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Martyr 3 times should yield 8 scoops instead of 1

Or 0 scoops. I martyred 4 times and didn’t get anything. And the bug report link is gone.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

Inertia

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

So I have an idea. What if we eliminate rounds from doms. Make them go forever. So someone who hold a position for a set amount of time wins a medal, and moves to a higher bracket (while keeping all scoop and card), and so on. Unless of course he’s already in the top bracket.

It sounds kinda fun.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

This thread discusses the current state of klan raiding. Beware thread contains trolling and/or dragons : http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/27343-itt-binge-needs-to-wake-the-****-up

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Wylin Posted:

This thread discusses the current state of klan raiding. Beware thread contains trolling and/or dragons : http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view/27343-itt-binge-needs-to-wake-the-****-u

Read the post and don’t really get it. I’m still working on a solution that will meet the needs of raiding and keep the benefits within a fair range. For now, theme weeks are easy to implement, so that’s what you get. In the meantime I’m working on providing data for the need to make changes to Domination – and figuring out what changes are needed to balance klan raiding.

So if you have something constructive to say, I’m all ears, or I can just work in a vacuum and launch changes without discussing.

Jwred5

Avatar: 24279 Mon Nov 24 22:12:21 -0500 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Emo Kid

Pantsless Lord of the Sith

My post was to discuss my frustration with what I perceive to be a lack of concern for klan raiding. You have repeatedly said that Klan Raiding must not be broken because 50+ are being started each week. I find this to be a woefully inadequate response, and your lack of concern over how many scoops are actually being earned makes my heart break. GGM tried to raid under your new system, and it was just painful. If you are really trying to fix it, please tell us instead of repeating that you don’t think there is any problem.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Jwred5 Posted:

GGM tried to raid under your new system, and it was just painful. If you are really trying to fix it, please tell us instead of repeating that you don’t think there is any problem.

Why was it painful? Because they couldn’t get to 12? Or because of slow turnover that is a result of changes you all supported? Or because they raided, with leeching, in a way the Crotch Zombie is trying to discourage?

Providing true details of the problems with the current system can only benefit.

Also, do you have any information from a Brainfreeze raid? Or was the other 49 raids, I did one, by Grey Goose Mafia?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!