Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

What if the Character page had a checkbox beside each name, indicating the player’s willingness to participate in Dom with that alt that week?

The checkbox’s state could be set in stone as soon as the player gets a scoop that week, and only a set number of boxes per week could be set before you could move from the page.

This way, if the alt limit is raised or lowered, there’d already be a framework in place for dealing with it, and the player would be required to maintain his or her alts, instead of letting the server guess who gets to play in a given week.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

If you can change what 5 alts you want active in any given week you should be able to compete and medal to your heart’s content Bling Fling.

For the most part solo players are only really competitive during the final week of their pistachio loop. If you can change what alts you want to compete with on a weekly basis you’d just worry about competing with your alts at the end of the pistachio loop.

Example

Let’s bumume that Vuron has 15 non-cheater alts (3 of each clbum). I would stagger 5 of my alts to compete each week so Camwhore1, Troll1, Hacker1, Permanoob1, and Emo1 each are doing vanilla/pstash loops that week. The other 10 characters are also progressing on their pstash loops just not earning scoops that week.

That way instead of having my characters being useless 2 weeks out of 3 I have the 5 most competitive playing in a given week.

The way to eliminate alt stacking is to make 5 top level brackets with a maximum of 1 alt per bracket, and round robin 15-20 people into each one. That way the leaders (BoD and amasius alts) won’t necessarily have safety in numbers routine that they currently enjoy. Further compute the seeding of the top brackets at domination beginning so that people can’t game the system to make sure there is an all brainfreeze or all BoD bracket.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Invariel Posted:

What if the Character page had a checkbox beside each name, indicating the player’s willingness to participate in Dom with that alt that week?

The checkbox’s state could be set in stone as soon as the player gets a scoop that week, and only a set number of boxes per week could be set before you could move from the page.

This way, if the alt limit is raised or lowered, there’d already be a framework in place for dealing with it, and the player would be required to maintain his or her alts, instead of letting the server guess who gets to play in a given week.

What about players that don’t play Domination? So you need an option to turn hide them? A bunch of checkboxes could be very confusing to new users that have just received an alt. Ok, so maybe we only show the check boxes if they have more then 5 alts? Seems like it’s getting a little complex Log in to see images!

So yeah.. first 5 characters to get scoops participates, nice and simple Log in to see images!

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

Fair enough. I don’t have to deal with the people who complain that the wrong alt ended up with scoops. Log in to see images!

I can’t have only good ideas.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Invariel Posted:

Fair enough. I don’t have to deal with the people who complain that the wrong alt ended up with scoops. Log in to see images!

I can’t have only good ideas.

Nope, you can’t Log in to see images!

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

I think it would be a good enhancement to domination to be able to play more than one card at a time.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

was Posted:

I think it would be a good enhancement to domination to be able to play more than one card at a time.

This would be nice

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

was Posted:

Sounds like an interface nightmare. Any suggestions on how it might work? What would the page look like? What would the flow be?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Less confirmation prompts would be a start. An option to disable/re-enabled confirmations…?

When playing a card, the mini interface doesn’t close, if you’ve got more of the same card. Either target the same player or choose a different player via the player selection dropdown.

If the card involves a scoop choice, a single click on one of 5 bumons for the 5 options rather than selecting using a dropdown (which basically favours antifreeze as the fastest scoop to ‘choose’ )

Same could apply to modests and switcheroos. Instead of a dropdown for flava (favouring using modests to increase antifreeze) click a bumon for any of the 5 flavas, twice.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 12/18/2008 12:48AM

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

I have a question. I know several players in the top bracket have alts with as many or more medals than they have, yet the alts stay in lower brackets. Why is this? Is the no-alts-in-the-same-bracket rule already being enforced?

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’m pretty sure the bracket selection is based on medals earned in the current season, rather than overall medal count. So a player with 20 total medals who had earn 3 of those this season would be placed lower than his 4 medal alt – as long as all four were earned this season.

But the top bracket is also kind of odd, and has some sort of “how long ago did they win” modifier that allows players to drop even their top medaled alt if they lose enough.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

scullyangel Posted:

I’m pretty sure the bracket selection is based on medals earned in the current season, rather than overall medal count. So a player with 20 total medals who had earn 3 of those this season would be placed lower than his 4 medal alt – as long as all four were earned this season.

But the top bracket is also kind of odd, and has some sort of “how long ago did they win” modifier that allows players to drop even their top medaled alt if they lose enough.

Yeah the bracket forming algorithm is principally based on the number of medals earned this season. It does, however, also do stuff to try and prevent alts in the same bracket, so it’s not always cut and dry where you’ll end up. Either way we should see a more fair distribution when the next round of Domination changes go through *fingers crossed*

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Yeah the bracket forming algorithm is principally based on the number of medals earned this season. It does, however, also do stuff to try and prevent alts in the same bracket, so it’s not always cut and dry where you’ll end up.

Well, I once had 6 alts in one of the highest brackets, (but never more than one in the top bracket Log in to see images! ) and someone else has 5 alts in the same bracket this week, so the algorithm can’t be that great.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Either way we should see a more fair distribution when the next round of Domination changes go through *fingers crossed*

Let’s hope so. Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Amasius Posted:

Well, I once had 6 alts in one of the highest brackets, (but never more than one in the top bracket ) and someone else has 5 alts in the same bracket this week, so the algorithm can’t be that great.

The algorithm works really well for 3 alts.. less with 4 or 5.. and gets totally pwned with you have 20! Log in to see images!

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Either way we should see a more fair distribution when the next round of Domination changes go through *fingers crossed*

Any ETA on that? It’d be extremely useful to know in advance.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 01/02/2009 1:29PM

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Any ETA on that? It’d be extremely useful to know in advance.

It should be the next major update after the Auction House launches. My completely uneducated and ignorant guess is 2 weeks. I’ll know more in two weeks Log in to see images!

I will start at the beginning of a Dom week (so Wednesday).

Shoot The Mo-
on

Avatar: 50637 Wed Apr 01 23:03:10 -0400 2009

[The Last Stand]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Another suggestion – with limit of ten to a raid – some way to stop the raid early? Maybe if all players click end raid.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

The auction house is on hold while we wait for some artwork, so I’m going to try and squeeze some domination enhancements in for next week’s round!

Deific Blund-
er

Avatar: 74127 2010-07-25 10:31:51 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

I **** FISH AND I HAVE NO BROWNIE POINTS AND I LOVE male reproductive organ

Evil Trout Posted:

The auction house is on hold while we wait for some artwork, so I’m going to try and squeeze some domination enhancements in for next week’s round!

Sweet!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Updated the OP because some of the changes are going live this week!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!