Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News New Theme Discussion

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

<START TRANSMISSION>

This is the official Theme thread. I will keep an updated list of all the suggested Themes (that are being considered). Some of these came out of previous discussions.

Scoop based

King of the Hill: The first person to hit 100 scoops gets the flag, the next person to use Destroyer, Thief, Shotgun or bumhole on the person with the flag gets it. Repeat. If you have the flag at the end of the every hour or day or round you get 100 random scoops.

Cracker Jacks: Every time you earn a scoop of a designated flava you get a random second scoop

Multiplicity: Every time you earn a scoop of a specific flava that week, you get two

Darwin Week: No vanilla scoops can be earned, no cards.

You can’t see me: All “card totals” are hidden. No peekaboos.

Lemon Party: Every time you earn a lemon scoop, earn 3.

Communism: Everyone starts the week with 100 scoops.

Salary: Job Points are worth scoops.

Compensating: For every X scoops you earn, you get a free scoop in your weakest category.

Card based

Inflation’s a ****: Cards cost 5 scoops instead of four.

Fire Sale: Cards cost 3 scoops instead of four (but when you buy, you can only pick from two).

There’s no going back: When you purchase a card you are only given 1 choice (instead of 3).

Mbumive mutiny: All cards are annonymous, surprise your friends, amuse your enemies!

Rollover based

Expired Coupons: After buying a card, you only have until the rollover to use it. All cards disappear every day at rollover.

King Unmaker: Every night during rollover, the character with the most scoops looses half their scoops at random.

Interest: You gain 5% more scoops every night at rollover.

Klan based

Raiders of the Lost forums. Klans are only awarded vanilla for pwning 24 forums simultaneously (instead of the normal 12).

Medal based

Pentathlon: No switcheroos, no MIs, min scoops gives two medals.

And discuss.

I will update this post as suggestions are considered.

What’s a theme you ask? That’s what!

B2015

<END TRANSMISSION>

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 03/12/2009 10:13AM

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

I don’t dom much, but I love these ideas, but I’m pretty sure it would be REALLY hard to get every single forum pwned though, if not impossible.

Other ideas I might as well contribute, pretty much based on the same concept, getting double (or triple, don’t know if it would get unbalanced that way) of the scoop from a certain action, could be streaking (can’t think of a name besides Streakers), speed running , gambling (High Rollers), maybe even INCIT later (Lol)

Can’t think of a name for em all, cause I’m lazy, but there ya go.

Just realized that that is close to getting double scoops from a certain flavor, since most of them are mainly one, BUT I TRIED OKAY!?

Johnny Mac edited this message on 10/07/2008 1:38AM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Maybe it would be double the number forums then? 24 instead of 12? Either way, you get the idea.. I’ll adjust the post accordingly.. you’re probably right Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac Posted:

I don’t dom much, but I love these ideas, but I’m pretty sure it would be REALLY hard to get every single forum pwned though, if not impossible.

Other ideas I might as well contribute, pretty much based on the same concept, getting double (or triple, don’t know if it would get unbalanced that way) of the scoop from a certain action, could be streaking (can’t think of a name besides Streakers), speed running , gambling (High Rollers), maybe even INCIT later (Lol)

Can’t think of a name for em all, cause I’m lazy, but there ya go.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Cracker Jacks: Really neat.

Mirror, Mirror: Kind of the same, but also neat.

Darwin Week: Not a fan. It will pretty much be a week of pure reward for those with high forumbuildr scores.

Down with Whitey: Fun. Might make people reconsider their speed builds and trying out INCIT.

I’m an bumhole: Oh my. It *sounds* just lovely, but would pretty much just be a rehash of the Gambit situation where everyone bought bumholes and the boards were constantly empty. In this situation the winners are simply going to be those who can do their last minute pistachio/vanilla without interference. It’s interesting to see it happen once, but themes where it doesn’t matter whether or not you play all week are just kind of boring.

Inflation’s a ****: Interesting.

Fire Sale: Really interesting.

Roid Rage: Similar to Gambit and I’m an bumhole. All destruction sounds like a lot of fun, but when that is all there is, some of the thrill gets lost in the lack of strategy.

There’s no going back: This sounds hella fun! Log in to see images!

Use ‘m or lose ‘m: Fun!

Death and taxes: Sounds interesting, might encourage the whole “only play on the final day” thing once a player has their 30 cards. I don’t see why we couldn’t try it out though.

King Unmaker: This is a mean, mean, mean idea. Funny and strategic. I like it.

Raiders of the Lost forums. Unless raiding sees a major resurgence, this would impact such a tiny portion of the users that it would be pointless. Even the experienced raiders would sit this week out because interruption would be insanely easier.

Why can’t we be friends: Funny as hell.

Mbumive mutiny: This wouldn’t encourage friendly rivalry as it suggests, everyone would just focus on pure Modests knowing that they were basically safe from attack.

The End is Near: I think this would be awesome. It seriously sucks for some of the players that Dom ends at 3 AM or whatever. Some are ultra dedicated and set alarms or stay up, but it would be really nice if they had a break every now and then. Personally, I’d still like to see Domination go to a weekly rotation where it ended 1 PM EST one week, 9 PM EST one week, and 5 AM EST the third. That way anyone who wanted to play would be able to do so without a huge schedule sacrifice at least once every 3 weeks.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Why can’t we be friends: Klans are each, individually grouped together in their own brackets. All solo players are grouped normally.

Since you’ll most likely have to code it for new bracket sorting, wouldn’t you have to make it only major or large klans? Because it would give the advantage to smaller, unklanned, or people who ditch their klan and make a new one before the week starts, or when they get the first scoop, I think that’s how it would work.

I’d say brackets with larger klans, and then brackets with everyone else.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Nice catch. All my normally solo klanned alts should not be in a bracket by themselves. Log in to see images!

I like the idea of in klan rivalry, but frankly from an experience standpoint, it would likely result in advance negotiations for medals and a lot of other players flezz/cred grinding the week.

On the opposite side of the fence, I can’t help wish there was some sort of klan vs klan idea where klans as a whole could earn medals or peens for the klan. I keep trying to come up with something that wouldn’t require a huge restructuring of the brackets or that wouldn’t be radically out of balance when comparing large and small klans. The large and small could be overcome by totaling klan scoops and dividing by the number of klan members, I’m just not coming up with anything for simple bracket structure or sorting. Log in to see images!

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

scullyangel Posted:

I can’t help wish there was some sort of klan vs klan idea…

Yeah I was thinking about that for a few minutes, maybe each klan picks a few representatives to be in the klan battle bracket instead of it being the whole klan vs the whole klan, so that would help the smaller ones.

Zombie_Apoca-
lypse

Avatar: 21739 Thu Oct 16 07:18:05 -0400 2008

[dramatica]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

We should have one named Lemon Party. With this theme, everyone who earns 1 lemon scoop should get a threesome of them instead.

This theme would really **** off people who rely on other scoop types to earn their trophies, that’s why it’s good.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Zombie_Apocalypse Posted:

We should have one named Lemon Party. With this theme, everyone who earns 1 lemon scoop should get a threesome of them instead.

This theme would really **** off people who rely on other scoop types to earn their trophies, that’s why it’s good.

I like it, added to the list.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

We should have a theme called Tubgirl. With this theme, everyone who earns 1 chocolate scoop should get ten of them instead.

(please do not actually do this though)

Orb edited this message on 10/12/2008 8:35PM

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Orb Posted:

We should have a theme called Tubgirl. With this theme, everyone who earns 1 chocolate scoop should get ten of them instead.

(please do not actually do this though)

Or make it 2 instead of 10 and have it be a plausible theme?

Oh wait, ****ty subs and klan voting. Right, nevermind.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

2 Cards 1 Scoop

I haven’t worked out the details on how I want it to go, but it’s something like this:

Each time you purchase a card, either you get 2 of the same card, or your options are reduced from 3 choices to 2. I don’t know which one works better, but the other half of the theme is that either you can only get 1 scoop per flava no matter what happens (regardless of forum pwning speed or 4 concurrent forums pwned) or you only get it in 1 flava (Such as chocolate to keep with the theme’s parody or just some non lemon flava since we did only lemon already)

So yeah, I have vague ideas of what but I don’t know if any certain combination would be gamebreaking or something.

Johnny Mac

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Let’s try to get an idea, then work the name around it, not the other way around. It will produce better ideas imo.

E: Most I can think of are close to others, not too original, but here are a couple:

Running Blind: All scoops (and maybe cards?) are hidden, cards can still be used. (Not sure how great this would be)

Let’s make it a good one: Only one raid can only be activated in the time of the dom week. (The actual length of the raid could be altered too.)

Johnny Mac edited this message on 10/13/2008 9:23PM

Zi

Avatar: 10822 Wed Dec 24 04:02:22 -0500 2008

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Rough Justice: bumhole, shotgun, thief have their values doubled

Roulette: You can no longer target players with cards, the effects occur randomly, even with positive effects.

7 Card Stud: All players begin with 7 cards, two of which are hidden. Cards cannot be purchased.

Attrition: Every card played effects everyone in the bracket.

Midnight Leech: At rollover, all players lose 3 scoops randomly.

Brinkmanship: The card cap is removed and the cost is cut in half.

Naked in the Breeze: All cards are visible to every player.

Ice Cream Social: Players are allowed to give their scoops away.

Countdown: Scoops earned in the last 24 hours of the round don’t count

My ideas are getting a little bizarre so I’ll stop there.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Zi Posted:

Rough Justice: bumhole, shotgun, thief have their values doubled

bumhole actually used to remove 10. My concern with this, is that it’ll strongly encourage people to hammer each other and the brackets will end up being pretty barren, I think. But I’m open to discussion.

Zi Posted:

Roulette: You can no longer target players with cards, the effects occur randomly, even with positive effects.

I think this would be a programming nightmare, plus it would be sheer chaos.

Zi Posted:

7 Card Stud: All players begin with 7 cards, two of which are hidden. Cards cannot be purchased.

I don’t like the “hidden” cards, again, harder to program. 7 Seems a little low. I’m thinking you could start with 15 random cards every day (with a card limit of 15), if you don’t use em, they are gone the next day. You cannot purchase cards. Thoughts?

Zi Posted:

Attrition: Every card played effects everyone in the bracket.

Again, pure chaos, not sure about this.

Zi Posted:

Midnight Leech: At rollover, all players lose 3 scoops randomly.

I think this could be interesting, but 3 is too low… I’m thinking it could be EITHER 16 scoops or 4 cards, again at random. Or both? Thoughts?

Zi Posted:

Brinkmanship: The card cap is removed and the cost is cut in half.

This would be like the Domination of old with people having over 100 cards.. and no scoops to use them on. I’m thinking no. In Gambit we had a card limit with cards costing 1 and all the brackets were empty.

Zi Posted:

Naked in the Breeze: All cards are visible to every player.

Might be a programming headache and would nullify the use of The Peeping Tom. I’m not sold.

Zi Posted:

Ice Cream Social: Players are allowed to give their scoops away.

This is actually a card idea (Scoop Giv’r) and there is a large potential to be exploited by alts and klannies. Might be worth trying in a theme week though.

Zi Posted:

Countdown: Scoops earned in the last 24 hours of the round don’t count

Might as well do something more interesting like “Domination ends at a random time on Wednesday”. This way people can keep playing but it’s like Hot Potato.. in fact that’s what I’d call it Log in to see images!

Zi Posted:

My ideas are getting a little bizarre so I’ll stop there.

No, you have some good ones, thanks! I’ll think about adding a couple to the OP, but let’s discuss first.

B2015

Zi

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

bumhole actually used to remove 10. My concern with this, is that it’ll strongly encourage people to hammer each other and the brackets will end up being pretty barren, I think. But I’m open to discussion.

Hmm… How about this completely different variation: it can be called TOTAL WAR or Gattling Gun Mode Where Players recieve like 20 scoops of each kind at rollover and the cards do double damage. Once again, I’m not sure about the programming of all this, so I’m just going on pure dreams. I guess I’m just thinking regular domination on a comically large scale.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I think this would be a programming nightmare, plus it would be sheer chaos.

Yeah, not down with programming savvy. I for one though, think total chaos is lulz.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I don’t like the “hidden” cards, again, harder to program. 7 Seems a little low. I’m thinking you could start with 15 random cards every day (with a card limit of 15), if you don’t use em, they are gone the next day. You cannot purchase cards. Thoughts?

I unno, I think that cards that even you can’t see are pretty groovy, but I guess it won’t mean much since cards don’t really have a chance to harm you. I like the idea of 15 cards disappearing at rollover though. Combines with one of Ops idea. Also, Wouldn’t it be a nice twist to have cards backfire some of the time?

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

I think this could be interesting, but 3 is too low… I’m thinking it could be EITHER 16 scoops or 4 cards, again at random. Or both? Thoughts?

what about a percentage, which also ties into one of OP’s ideas. Like maybe 20% of cards and scoops disappear at rollover? I suppose there needs to be a random element. Maybe you lose half your cards or all your cards or 20% of random flavors or half of one flavor.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

This would be like the Domination of old with people having over 100 cards.. and no scoops to use them on. I’m thinking no. In Gambit we had a card limit with cards costing 1 and all the brackets were empty.

yeah… bad idea. Maybe there can be another victory qualification for cards used? Or the theme is use the most cards, with the cap the same but cards cost different amounts of scoops on different days, like 2 – 8 scoops randomly.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Might be a programming headache and would nullify the use of The Peeping Tom. I’m not sold.

Agreed. not twisty enough.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

This is actually a card idea (Scoop Giv’r) and there is a large potential to be exploited by alts and klannies. Might be worth trying in a theme week though.

I like the idea as a card, but I like it better as a theme because it’d be freaking awesome to watch all the backdoor deals and bickering, begging and alliance shifting. This also goes with my idea that you should be able to give flezz away. This would be illegal between alts of course. Plus I really like the name Ice Cream Social.

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Might as well do something more interesting like “Domination ends at a random time on Wednesday”. This way people can keep playing but it’s like Hot Potato.. in fact that’s what I’d call it Actually Hot Potato would be that it ends randomly and the person in the lead doesn’t win. That’s kinda interesting too

Hmmm… How about Domination rounds go through “ghost hours” where scoops earned don’t count and cards played fail and you have know way of knowing until you earn a scoop or play are card and you are notified that a ghost has stolen your scoop/card. Ghost hours would be either 45, 60 or 90 minutes so you’d have to take your chances when deciding when to play next. I suppose there would have to be a set number of ghost hours in a given round so that players can keep track. I like how that’s a completely different idea. We can call it Midnight in the Spooky Garden. I do like the idea though of Domination ending at a random time though lol.

I’m really digging the spooky garden theme, but It seems like that’d also be mbumive programming damage.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

Seperate but equal: Chocolate and Vanilla scoops are reversed for the week (INCIT/Forumbuildr gives Vanilla, Forum dominating gives chocolate)

Heat wave: Every day at rollover, non-antifreeze flavas lose 1 scoop.

Double Barreled: Shotgun hits 2 players for 2 scoops each

Sawed Off: The Shotgun card removes 1 scoop each from 2 players

2nd Amendment: Thief removes 4 scoops of 1 flava, but fails if the player has a shotgun card on them. Shotgun used up if targeted.

Grenade: All cards that affect 1 scoop affect the scoops next to it. So if Shotgun knocks off 2 chocolates, it destroys 2 antifreeze, 2 chocolate, and 2 lemons. All cards cost twice as much.

Re-Rewind

Avatar: 29572 Thu Oct 23 20:42:10 -0400 2008

Level 13 Permanoob

“PERMANOOB”

Bizzaro Week – Shotguns, Thieves, Destroyers add scoops instead of removing them. bumholes destroy 10 scoops and can be used on anyone in the lead for a medal rather than total scoop leaders only.

King of the Hill: The first person to hit 100 scoops gets the flag, the next person to use Destroyer, Thief, Shotgun or bumhole on the person with the flag gets it. Repeat. If you have the flag at the end of the every day?? or just the end of the round you get 100 random scoops.

Meme I'd Like to Forward edited this message on 10/24/2008 8:00AM

Zi

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Zi Posted:

Hmmm… How about Domination rounds go through “ghost hours” where scoops earned don’t count and cards played fail and you have know way of knowing until you earn a scoop or play are card and you are notified that a ghost has stolen your scoop/card. Ghost hours would be either 45, 60 or 90 minutes so you’d have to take your chances when deciding when to play next. I suppose there would have to be a set number of ghost hours in a given round so that players can keep track. I like how that’s a completely different idea. We can call it Midnight in the Spooky Garden. I do like the idea though of Domination ending at a random time though lol.

I’m really digging the spooky garden theme, but It seems like that’d also be mbumive programming damage.

Srsly Guys. I’m pushing the Spooky Garden.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!