Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Help MC Banhammer's Guide to the Klans -- A Travelogue

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

My first stop was — where else? — to Team Shortbus. You may be familiar with Team Shortbus, or “TSB” as the cool kids like to say, from their frequent (some say incessant) (all say annoying) posts on these very forums.

When you first enter the TSB private forum, you may feel as though you haven’t left the main role-playing forums. Their unique brand of trolling (trademark pending) continues throughout their own forums, meaning that if you don’t enjoy their public antics, you’re not likely to enjoy their private ones. But if you do enjoy their public ones, you’ll relish the added insight into their minds. Or perhaps be scarred forever, hard to tell.

During my time there I was witness to a fantastic effort of “get all the klan epeens”, executed with brilliance and panache in the inimitable TSB way. While that’s not business as usual, I could tell from previous posts that tools for trolling and other “cool troll” things are readily available, and there is no shortage of klan members who will help you in your quests while simultaneously tearing you down.

tl;dr: TSB is ****ing awesome.

My next stop will be SRSLY, the sorority little sister to TSB’s frat.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

What’s next after that?

Macks

[Team Shortbus]

Level 7 Troll

I want to **** you like an ANIMAL!!!!

awwww yeaaahhhh fine upstanding member of society

bada bing bada ****in boom

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

MC Banhammer Posted:

My first stop was — where else? — to Team Shortbus. You may be familiar with Team Shortbus, or “TSB” as the cool kids like to say, from their frequent (some say incessant) (all say annoying) posts on these very forums.

When you first enter the TSB private forum, you may feel as though you haven’t left the main role-playing forums. Their unique brand of trolling (trademark pending) continues throughout their own forums, meaning that if you don’t enjoy their public antics, you’re not likely to enjoy their private ones. But if you do enjoy their public ones, you’ll relish the added insight into their minds. Or perhaps be scarred forever, hard to tell.

During my time there I was witness to a fantastic effort of “get all the klan epeens”, executed with brilliance and panache in the inimitable TSB way. While that’s not business as usual, I could tell from previous posts that tools for trolling and other “cool troll” things are readily available, and there is no shortage of klan members who will help you in your quests while simultaneously tearing you down.

tl;dr: TSB is ****ing awesome.

My next stop will be SRSLY, the sorority little sister to TSB’s frat.

yeah we don’t really do any of that tbh

l2 Posted:

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

l2 is a dumbhead

gigerth

Avatar: 30869 Fri Jun 26 22:33:49 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

i was jealous so i changed his title

nanafabulous personiesus Posted:

yeah we don’t really do any of that tbh

lol all of the rejects got dragged into your klan

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

gigerth Posted:

lol all of the rejects got dragged into your klan

srsly?

l2 Posted:

That’s the crux of science though, making the impossible possible, and the illogical logical.

l2 is a dumbhead

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

tsb is the best klan you dumb idiots

give me irl monies

l2 Posted:

l2 is a dumbhead

TSBLog in to see images!

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Bumpage.

Smige

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

You have no Klan. You lie.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Banhammer why do you never update your travelogue Log in to see images!

Lo! Log in to see images!

Smige

Level 3 Camwhore

“Like a Virgin”

Because of you. He hates you.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

TeeKayEff Posted:

Banhammer why do you never update your travelogue Log in to see images!

First I spend time with a klan. Enough time to get a feel for them. At least a week. Then it takes me a couple of days to write up the review (even though they’re relatively short, I have other things to do). Sometime during this period I leave the klan to allow for new invites. When I post the review, I then choose a new klan from amongst my invites and join them. It’s not a fast process. And I’m lazy.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

MC Banhammer’s Guide to the Klans — A Travelogue

And we’re back, with another review. This time up: SRSLY.

SRSLY is quite a different animal than TSB. Srsly.

They’re pretty quiet. Their main purpose, near as I can tell, is to promote role-playing in the forums, and to that end, they (as of this writing) sponsor a contest each week. I didn’t participate in the voting, but those who do discuss their favorites and their reasons.

Occasionally one of their members comes up with an idea for a role-playing thread or storyline, and solicits the other members for feedback and to participate. Response varies but the results are usually worth it. I myself enjoyed playing in a rick-roll thread they created in-house.

What I feel they’re missing, though, which could make them a real draw if they decide to incorporate this idea, is advice on how to role-play. I’m not saying they should teach how to be interesting or creative (although if they could pull that off it would certainly help), but I would’ve liked to have seen ideas on how to sound like a camwhore, emo kid, re-re, or yes, even troll, consistently; how to use clbum-appropriate emoticons correctly; what level of Unintelligencer to use and whether you should replace words it doesn’t; etc. If they offered this service I think they’d get a bigger draw.

Not that it looks like they want a big draw; their klan description reads “We do like to see RP in forums before we invite folks.” Given the problems people have playing non-trolls, SRSLY may be keeping out the very people who could most add to their mission of being “fabulous persongy RP people with others”.

tl;dr: I was hoping for more encouragement and help in role-playing, and hope they expand to this soon. Right now they mainly focus on their contest.

For my next stop, I’ll be visiting Good Omens, as a new Domination season has just started and they’re one of the biggest Domination-themed klans I’m aware of.

Natalie Petr-
ov

Avatar: 30861 2010-01-24 16:36:34 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Queen of Hats and enjoy

MC Banhammer Posted:

Occasionally one of their members comes up with an idea for a role-playing thread or storyline, and solicits the other members for feedback and to participate. Response varies but the results are usually worth it. I myself enjoyed playing in a rick-roll thread they created in-house.

Yup, and we’ll be continuing that.

MC Banhammer Posted:

What I feel they’re missing, though, which could make them a real draw if they decide to incorporate this idea, is advice on how to role-play. I’m not saying they should teach how to be interesting or creative (although if they could pull that off it would certainly help), but I would’ve liked to have seen ideas on how to sound like a camwhore, emo kid, re-re, or yes, even troll, consistently; how to use clbum-appropriate emoticons correctly; what level of Unintelligencer to use and whether you should replace words it doesn’t; etc. If they offered this service I think they’d get a bigger draw.

We’re actually already in the process of branching out into this! Yay, us.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Not that it looks like they want a big draw; their klan description reads “We do like to see RP in forums before we invite folks.” Given the problems people have playing non-trolls, SRSLY may be keeping out the very people who could most add to their mission of being “fabulous persongy RP people with others”.

We like to see RP so that we know people are interested; it’s not a completely hard and fast rule, though, by any means. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Well, Good Omens was exactly what I thought it was — and more.

No question about it, they’re focused on Domination. But whereas I thought they just organized raids, they’ve actually done a ton of analysis on Domination: how to play, when to play, what to play, strategy guides, etc. Tips on speedrunning as well.

They run raids frequently, and just by being on at the right time you have a chance to “earn” lots of vanilla scoops just by checking that Raid link. And (in what may be a unique situation), every klan member is made an officer, so you can start a raid yourself whenever you’d like! This allows for maximum coverage and scooportunities.

In the one raid I actively participated in (for all of about 5 minutes before I went to sleep), there were very few of us, yet we were able to roll 12 forums for quite some time.

The Klan members work with each other to help each other get medals, by using Klan Power™ to gang-enjoy targets so the Good Omens favored member can walk over them. If you’re a newbie wanting to medal, most likely Good Omeners will be in your bracket and available to help you.

So any of you solo Domination players who aren’t klanned, this is a fine one to join if you want to take your Domination playing to a whole new level.

If you’re not interested in Domination, then stay away. Not that they might not have you, but there’s really not much, if anything, on their extensive boards other than Dom talk. Sure they have members who participate in other aspects of the site, but there are probably better fits for you. See TSB and SRSLY above, for Flamebate. And see the next klan I visit, 70 Character Storytellers, for INCIT — if they live up to their advertising. We’ll see.

Westside Wiz-
ard

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Good Omens are beasts in Domination, The **** Brigade will turn into a fragfest three hours from now. I fear for my sanity. Log in to see images!

I like them blak

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Thanks for visiting Banhammer. Log in to see images!

A lot of our members participate in Forumbuildr, but really we don’t feel that it’s fair to discuss those things, since there is a voting process. But, yup, pretty much Domination. Domination is serious business. Log in to see images!

*spanks*

EDIT: Also, the Domination related tips and tricks we’ve written/collected is available for anyone to access in the help klan ForumWarz Guides. Send in a body to copy it all and bring it back to your klan, or if you don’t have a body to spare, drop me a tubmail and I’ll come for a visit and post it for you. (If you do the tubmail thing, please be patient. I currently have limited internet access due to flooding.)

scully edited this message on 06/13/2008 12:52AM

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted. Log in to see images!

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

Ahaah, INCIT klan.

Have fun! Log in to see images!

Murderousness

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

INCIT klan? Unfunny fabulous persons.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!