Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 kyoubai issues, put em here or listen to mine heh

Arcanine

Avatar: 123635 Fri Feb 06 20:39:37 -0500 2009

[Communitalist Comr-
ades
]

Level 54 Hacker

“Logic Bomber”

I just set a .moar file (riprogrammori or however it’s spelt) up for sale in the Kyoubi. My first time using it. I typed “500,000” for the buyout price and set it that way. I didn’t know that commas would **** it up, so now the buyout price is at 500 instead of 500,000.

If I may make a suggestion, either fix so commas are allowed or add text below warning people to not use commas so people won’t make the same mistake I did.

Good bye flezz Log in to see images!

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

ok, i just bid on this file: http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/181440-useless-program-that-only-wastes-space-exec

but bidsquid didnt give me my money back when i was outbid?

it also doesnt show up on the char page or spendfriend, no record of the bid at all.

gimme my  738,724 back Log in to see images! SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 04/08/2009 12:44PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Three pages of failed auction overnight Log in to see images!

Please.. why can’t kyoubai items just be put through “deliveries” instead of tubmail.

Re dei sepol-
cri

Avatar: 94160 Sun Aug 02 22:32:53 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

1)The ordering of the items for names in the my bids window.

It should be easy enough to do.

2)If one does a buyout, a confirm screen should come up asking if you really want the item.

The other day i was in the last second in an auction and, as alwasy someone comes to get the item, i make a counterbid in the last second, but in hurry clicked on the buyout and payed at least double than what i should have payed.

Re dei sepolcri edited this message on 04/17/2009 10:34PM

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

If someone bids on an item during the last few minutes of the auction Kyoubai should add a few extra minutes to the auction time.

Most real auction sites do this. This might depend on who you ask, but I certainly feel an auction is about the struggle between a group of people bidding high amounts of money on rare items until the one winner remains. This way, as long as you have enough flezz to match the status of the item you’re bidding on everyone has a chance, and the seller makes a better profit.

I don’t know about you guys, but I certainly don’t feel like an auction should be “whoever bids during the last 10 seconds win lol”.

KenKaniff edited this message on 04/23/2009 12:54PM

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

My tubmail inbox is taking long to load.

How do I mbum-delete all the bidsquid spam now that quang’s script doesn’t work?

Re dei sepol-
cri

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

KenKaniff Posted:

If someone bids on an item during the last few minutes of the auction Kyoubai should add a few extra minutes to the auction time.

Most real auction sites do this. This might depend on who you ask, but I certainly feel an auction is about the struggle between a group of people bidding high amounts of money on rare items until the one winner remains. This way, as long as you have enough flezz to match the status of the item you’re bidding on everyone has a chance, and the seller makes a better profit.

I don’t know about you guys, but I certainly don’t feel like an auction should be “whoever bids during the last 10 seconds win lol”.

Even only during the last seconds will be good.

Otherwise we will have people that always win auctions bidding on the last second and beat others, that don’t have a soo fast internet connection or CPU.

There is one in particular that abuse kyoubai by constantly doing this.

KenKaniff

Avatar: 143897 Tue Mar 03 14:45:58 -0500 2009

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Re dei sepolcri Posted:

Otherwise we will have people that always win auctions bidding on the last second and beat others, that don’t have a soo fast internet connection or CPU.

Why, whoever you you be talking abo… **** YOU JAYZJAY THAT WAS MY NOTORIOUS BIG FINAL TESTAMENT AND WILL!

Mod Edit: Trolling in Civil Discussion is not allowed. Please read the FlameBate rules to avoid future rules violations.

KenKaniff was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

KenKaniff edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Re dei sepolcri Posted:

While I agree this can be annoying, I am of the opinion you should just bid the maximum you are willing to pay for an item. If the snipe bid is lower than that, you still win the auction (and you get the remainder of your Flezz back). If you lose, don’t complain because someone was willing to shell out more than you.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

While I agree this can be annoying, I am of the opinion you should just bid the maximum you are willing to pay for an item. If the snipe bid is lower than that, you still win the auction (and you get the remainder of your Flezz back). If you lose, don’t complain because someone was willing to shell out more than you.

This. And the fact that online auctions don’t extend their bidding time just because of snipers.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

spacekadt Posted:

This. And the fact that online auctions don’t extend their bidding time just because of snipers.

Yeah, I read that and thought, “Which one?” I’ve never seen any auction site do that.

But I agree about having a confirmation on the Buyout link, that’s gotten me before.

Re dei sepol-
cri

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

KenKaniff Posted:

Why, whoever you you be talking abo… **** YOU JAYZJAY THAT WAS MY NOTORIOUS BIG FINAL TESTAMENT AND WILL!

Mod Edit: Trolling in Civil Discussion is not allowed. Quoting a Trolling Post is considered trolling. Please read the FlameBate rules to avoid future rules violations.

Re dei sepolcri was banned for this post by Sergeant Cid

Re dei sepolcri edited this message on 07/23/2009 2:25PM

Re dei sepol-
cri

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

The people i am reffering to, bid not because they need the item, but for “business”.

So they get tons of multiple items that are of no use to them and you get nothing.And the more money they make,the more control they will get on the market and the more difficult will be, getting the item you need.

Like i said there is one in particular which has well over 100 million flezz, doesnt play FW and stay all day, every day in kyoubai getting all he can take.

How can a normal player compete with this?

It is not simply “BID MORE!” how can you bid more than one who has so many flezz?

And i am not complaining, many guys use this tactic when they need something, but this guy does this constantly on whatever item, is all day on kyoubai and can, i dont know how, make multiple last second offers on different items.

It is simply frustating to stay in a auction till the last second yourself and then get outbidded at the last sec, always by the same guy, because he has a faster pc/internet connection and/or whatever other tricks/cheats/bots he use.

Dirt_E_ATM

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Re dei sepolcri Posted:

The people i am reffering to, bid not because they need the item, but for “business”.

So they get tons of multiple items that are of no use to them and you get nothing.And the more money they make,the more control they will get on the market and the more difficult will be, getting the item you need.

Like i said there is one in particular which has well over 100 million flezz, doesnt play FW and stay all day, every day in kyoubai getting all he can take.

It is not simply “BID MORE!” how can you bid more than one who has so many flezz?

And i am not complaining, many guys use this tactic when they need something, but this guy does this constantly on whatever item, is all day on kyoubai and can, i dont know how, make multiple last second offers on different items.

It is simply frustating to stay in a auction till the last second yourself and then get outbidded at the last sec, always by the same guy, because he has a faster pc/internet connection and/or whatever other tricks/cheats/bots he use.

Sorry, but I am not convinced. IMHO sniping is a valid tactic for online auctions.

I have bid against Jayzjay multiple times. If it is an item I really want, I try to bid a fair market value and I usually outbid him. It seams to me that one of his goals of the game is to resell items to make Flezz. To do this he can not routinely bid more than what he can resell the item for. I am not trying to be harsh but seems like a question of economics.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Re dei sepolcri Posted:

1. Running a Kyoubai business is a perfectly legitimate and legal enterprise within the game.

2. Running a Kyoubai business is simply another aspect of ‘playing the game’. Additionally, how can you make the claim that this person is not ‘playing ForumWarz’?

I can practically guarantee you that any serious Kyoubai Entrepreneur is running their daily visits, diligently, to acquire More Junk to sell for Flezz, and more .Moar Files to sell on Kyoubai.

3. You are complaining, and you are doing so out of ignorance. If a player makes a last minute bid, and his/her proxy reserve bid is higher than your last minute counter bid, then his proxy will instantly and automatically rebid 5% more than you did, up to his maximum bid. This may seem like he/she is spamming re-bids, but it’s not.

4. Having a faster ‘net connection is not a trick, cheat or bot. It’s just a fact of life.

5. Sniping an auction does not require a trick, cheat, bot or even a faster ‘net connection. It simply requires luck & timing.

6. To avoid being sniped, simply bid the maximum that you are willing to pay for an item. An entrepreneur trying to acquire an popular item is not going to bid more than the average fair market resell value. If you are not willing to pay the average fair market resale value for an item, then why are you using Kyoubai in the first place?

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

Sorry, but I am not convinced. IMHO sniping is a valid tactic for online auctions.

I have bid against Jayzjay multiple times. If it is an item I really want, I try to bid a fair market value and I usually outbid him. It seams to me that one of his goals of the game is to resell items to make Flezz. To do this he can not routinely bid more than what he can resell the item for. I am not trying to be harsh but seems like a question of economics.

His problem is he doesn’t know **** about prices. A ripro for more than 200k? Good luck buddy.

Anyway, there is a lot of posts and I didn’t read through em all so forgive me if I repost a idea.

Give us a 5 minute previewing period before the auction goes live. It will help people who accidentally entered the wrong number(s).

Let us raise our proxy bid.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Doc_Holliday Posted:

There needs to be a toggle to specifically find auctions with a buyout.

i like this idea

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

nvm

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 05/06/2009 1:29AM

Re dei sepol-
cri

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

I am not saying that it is not a valid tactic, i am saying that you cant compete because he can make an offer on the last second, which i cant, and it is always on kyoubai, taking whatever he can get its hand on.

Simply when he is on kyoubai, like always, you better avoid kyoubai or you get always outbidded because of the amount of flezz and the “methods” he use to get always on the last sec, ALWAYS.

For the rest see below

Sergeant Cid Posted:

1. Running a Kyoubai business is a perfectly legitimate and legal enterprise within the game.

2. Running a Kyoubai business is simply another aspect of ‘playing the game’. Additionally, how can you make the claim that this person is not ‘playing ForumWarz’?

I can practically guarantee you that any serious Kyoubai Entrepreneur is running their daily visits, diligently, to acquire More Junk to sell for Flezz, and more .Moar Files to sell on Kyoubai.

3. You are complaining, and you are doing so out of ignorance. If a player makes a last minute bid, and his/her proxy reserve bid is higher than your last minute counter bid, then his proxy will instantly and automatically rebid 5% more than you did, up to his maximum bid. This may seem like he/she is spamming re-bids, but it’s not.

4. Having a faster ‘net connection is not a trick, cheat or bot. It’s just a fact of life.

5. Sniping an auction does not require a trick, cheat, bot or even a faster ‘net connection. It simply requires luck & timing.

6. To avoid being sniped, simply bid the maximum that you are willing to pay for an item. An entrepreneur trying to acquire an popular item is not going to bid more than the average fair market resell value. If you are not willing to pay the average fair market resale value for an item, then why are you using Kyoubai in the first place?

1. No one said otherwise

2. Is not playing forumwarz, it is playing kyoubai, remember that he has nothing, no medals, no Peen, NOTHING except tons of flezz, more than any other player, even the oldest.

Is this legitimate?Yes but…

3. Look Acid Sergeant i know that you a friend is a kyoubai entrepreneur, but there is no need to take it personally. I have nothing against you, never had a problem with you nor with other entrepreneurs, i was speaking of a specific person and trying to find solutions to limit these type of exploits, which will not ruin or damage your business.

I am not the ignorant one, the ignorant is who ignores. And you ignore that i obviously, know of this, is really basic, really. How can one that use kyoubai not know of this?

The guy i was talking about make its only bids on the last second, i mean exactly the last second, no proxy rebidding in the last minute. I hope that this is clear.

4. How he can make multiple last second offers?

A second is a second, you cant jump frantically from offer to offer, the auction will be over.

5. He can make a bid on the last second, if i do, the auction is over before my page has loaded.

6. Even if it was like you said, he will still won by having bidded for last, not counting the 130 million flezz he has.

As for the bid i repeat again, I make an offer, even over the average fair market resale value, but i cant bid on the last sec. in the final seconds yes, but in the last one no. He sees my offer and make one slighty over at the last sec. at which point i cant respond. And this happens over and over.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

His problem is he doesn’t know **** about prices. A ripro for more than 200k? Good luck buddy.

What are you talking about?

ZakMcKraken

[RowsdowersUnite]

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

This seller basically has Kyoubai’s collective nuts in a vice. He is buying and sniping at literally all hours of the day or night. His methods should be looked into.

As a side note, I’ve been trying to upgrade a file, started at the best and have been working my way down the upgrade tree (currently, 6th) trying to find something he WON’T bid on. Ugh. There’s always one.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!