Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Bug - 1 kyoubai issues, put em here or listen to mine heh

derfboy23

Avatar: 138118 Tue May 26 01:48:15 -0400 2009

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Would there be an easy way to mark people you’ve already purchased from? Maybe someone can make a script or something for that? Anyone that would ever like to attempt the “Full of Sale” E-Peen would undoubtedly appreciate it.

Re dei sepol-
cri

Avatar: 94160 Sun Aug 02 22:32:53 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

ZakMcKraken Posted:

This seller basically has Kyoubai’s collective nuts in a vice. He is buying and sniping at literally all hours of the day or night. His methods should be looked into.

As a side note, I’ve been trying to upgrade a file, started at the best and have been working my way down the upgrade tree (currently, 6th) trying to find something he WON’T bid on. Ugh. There’s always one.

Exactly.

Alfred Nonym-
ous

Avatar: 186767 Sat Jun 27 08:44:33 -0400 2009

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

multiple auctions I did have been closed for “abuse”

my question, how can I calculate the maximum prize for an item so I don’t lose my items without seeing even one flezz?

(sorry, didn’t read the full thread and I thought this was a standard question/issue thread, I’ll repost somewhere else)

Alfred Nonymous edited this message on 07/25/2009 10:06AM

-XI-

Avatar: 65028 2009-09-29 14:53:15 -0400

Level 40 Troll

THEY'RE GONNA TASTE GREAT!

KYB Posted:

If you bid more than the minimum, your bid will be kept private, and displayed as the minimum bid. You will automatically replace new bids for less, until someone beats your bid.

Shouldn’t that be ‘for more’ without the comma?

-XI- edited this message on 09/29/2009 5:38PM

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

You’ll replace bids that are under your maximum as the current bidding price.

javagamer

[Least Creative Cla-
n Name
]

Level 27 Hacker

“1337”

I propose adding in a confirmation dialog when you’re about to buy something at the buynow price, or at least when you’re trying to place a bid more than 10% higher than the buynow price. I think think this would help reduce careless mistakes like the one I just made.

Today, I attempted to place a bid for 3,000F when I accidentally placed one for 30,000F and a little “Are you sure?” dialog would have probably helped. Now I know this was of course my fault and 10,000F (the buynow price was only 13,000F) isn’t the end of the world, but I doubt it would be much trouble to add in something like that.

For the people who would be bothered by this a simple “Don’t show this again” checkbox should suffice. I imagine this would mostly be a win-win situation with the only cost being a little developement time.

Ack Thbbbt

Level 69 Re-Re

Blaster Posted:

A jscript popup requesting confirmation of a “Buy it now” click would be pretty handy. A misclick on an overpriced item can be annoying.

signed signed signed

tracylee

Avatar: 121691 2010-01-07 13:53:31 -0500

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

Not an issue, per se, but a “nice to have” I’d like to browse auctions by characteristic, since I don’t always know exactly which .moar files I’m looking for, but I’m usually looking to increase something – processing power, luck, etc.

Does that make sense?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

tracylee Posted:

Not an issue, per se, but a “nice to have” I’d like to browse auctions by characteristic, since I don’t always know exactly which .moar files I’m looking for, but I’m usually looking to increase something – processing power, luck, etc.

Does that make sense?

It has been suggested a million times Log in to see images!

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Is there a more comprehensive base price list ?

forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/Base_Cost lacks a few info.

googling for site:.....warz.com base price didn’t give any useful info.

I need it to make a reasonable bid to pbum the reserve on some of the lower-leveled items.

Sorry if this has been answered before, don’t have enough energy to slog through all the pages.

Testudo edited this message on 07/15/2010 9:46AM

Unusual Pie

Avatar: 227082 2014-09-25 19:42:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Unusually Cute Pie :D

No, there is no more comprehensive list that I know of. I’ve been working on gathering data for a reorganization of that wiki entry, as well as a wiki article on .moars by base cost, but I hadn’t been planning on publishing it until I get more information. Going is slow because I have to actually own the item to discover its base cost.

If you give me a couple of days I’ll publish what I have on the items and maybe others can help fill in the rest.

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Unusual Pie Posted:

I have to actually own the item to discover its base cost

Take all the time you need… Thanks for the work and for updating that wiki entry Log in to see images!

Unusual Pie Posted:

a wiki article on .moars by base cost

What about merging it somehow with Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute ?

We’ll have to deal with column width though..

If needed, I can help preparing a (new?) wiki page beforehand.

Unusual Pie

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Testudo Posted:

What about merging it somehow with Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute ?

We’ll have to deal with column width though..

I had considered it, but rejected the idea because of column width. I thought it might better to set it up similar to the .moar files by forum page, like so:

How’s that look?

And yes, you can absolutely help setting it up; I’d be grateful. I’ll send you a tubmail.

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

The table looks good, lacks a sorting function though. I will need 2 tables at once. First, search for the file I want in Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute, then look up the base value in that table.

If I may suggest :

This will be a new table/wiki, completely separated from Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute.

I took out Ego (could be enhanced pretty easily using upgrade points with increasing return per point invested) and took out secondary stats (since they are clbum-spesific). The sole exception is belgium with +2000 ego. The table would be less pretty though…oh well…

Off+Def this is usually my deciding factor in Kyoubai.

Luck+Char for people who wants to maximize their gifts.

Base Cost at Frugality Lvl 0.

Starting bid as a rough guide, especially when bidding for the more high-leveled items (ie. if you have less, don’t bother) —-> deemed unnecessary

Bold fonts indicates the best items in respective attributes.

What do you think?

edited to clarify some matters

reedited due to misclick

-

Testudo edited this message on 07/16/2010 12:43PM

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I talked about ‘starting bid’ here. Decided that it was unnecessary..

Testudo edited this message on 07/16/2010 12:06PM

Unusual Pie

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I think Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute should be left alone. It’s for players looking for information on stats, and it performs its function well, with all the information needed.

As for finding a specific .moar file on any page, people can use the Ctrl + F search function on their computer or find it alphabetically by category.

Regarding Kyoubai, reserves are the perogative of the seller, and the only way to ensure that a valuable item does not sell for way less than its value due to lack of bids. But it would be helpful for the reserve to be revealed in the auction if the seller so chooses, as many have suggested before. As for choosing how much to bid on an item, a more important consideration than Base Cost should be: How much is the item worth to you? Items like pink floyd – darkside full album (ttly syncs w/ wzrd of oz at 2:43 awesome!!!).h regularly sell for much higher than their Base Cost, due to consumer demand. If you don’t know the Base Cost, just bid what you are willing to pay according to how much you want the item.

Anyway, my wiki article on Base Cost will be forthcoming if anyone is interested.

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Unusual Pie Posted:

Moar_Files_Sortable_By_Attribute should be left alone … reserves are the perogative of the seller

agree, I was suggesting a new table based on it, not replacing it

I fully understand about reserve

Unusual Pie Posted:

it would be helpful for the reserve to be revealed

fully support this, although it will make the “minimum bid” redundant

Unusual Pie Posted:

more important consideration than Base Cost should be: How much is the item worth to you?

yes, fully understand this. This really holds true with the higher-leveled items (Colonel, Habanero, Bonsai, Pink Floyd, etc) where I will have no problem parting with a huge amount of flezz to get them. My problem (stated in my previous post) was dealing with lower-leveled items since I’m not always swimming in flezz.

Just for example :

I’m a new player and I have 200K. I see this page_2_snypa (not shopped).xpeg on sale. I want to buy this since it’s better than my current .moar. How much should I bid?

The knowledge of its 149K base cost will be a big help for me to decide.

Anyway that’s just me… I realize other players may act differently.

Unusual Pie Posted:

Anyway, my wiki article on Base Cost will be forthcoming

good luck. TM me if you need any help.

Testudo

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

wrong post,misclick … I hate my mouse

Testudo edited this message on 07/16/2010 12:46PM

Calatrava

[La Mano Negra]

Level 49 Emo Kid

“Woe-mosexual”

It sucks, but this has a reserve price of 400k. Just in case you wondered.

Xtreeeeeme490

Avatar: 151192 2010-08-13 02:13:04 -0400

[WeChall is a ****ty klan]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Bidders automatically bid higher than me when I bid. Is that supposed to happen?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!