Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Re dei sepol-
cri

Avatar: 94160 Sun Aug 02 22:32:53 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Dirt_E_ATM Posted:

Sorry, but I am not convinced. IMHO sniping is a valid tactic for online auctions.

I have bid against Jayzjay multiple times. If it is an item I really want, I try to bid a fair market value and I usually outbid him. It seams to me that one of his goals of the game is to resell items to make Flezz. To do this he can not routinely bid more than what he can resell the item for. I am not trying to be harsh but seems like a question of economics.

I am not saying that it is not a valid tactic, i am saying that you cant compete because he can make an offer on the last second, which i cant, and it is always on kyoubai, taking whatever he can get its hand on.

Simply when he is on kyoubai, like always, you better avoid kyoubai or you get always outbidded because of the amount of flezz and the “methods” he use to get always on the last sec, ALWAYS.

For the rest see below

Sergeant Cid Posted:

1. Running a Kyoubai business is a perfectly legitimate and legal enterprise within the game.

2. Running a Kyoubai business is simply another aspect of ‘playing the game’. Additionally, how can you make the claim that this person is not ‘playing ForumWarz’?

I can practically guarantee you that any serious Kyoubai Entrepreneur is running their daily visits, diligently, to acquire More Junk to sell for Flezz, and more .Moar Files to sell on Kyoubai.

3. You are complaining, and you are doing so out of ignorance. If a player makes a last minute bid, and his/her proxy reserve bid is higher than your last minute counter bid, then his proxy will instantly and automatically rebid 5% more than you did, up to his maximum bid. This may seem like he/she is spamming re-bids, but it’s not.

4. Having a faster ‘net connection is not a trick, cheat or bot. It’s just a fact of life.

5. Sniping an auction does not require a trick, cheat, bot or even a faster ‘net connection. It simply requires luck & timing.

6. To avoid being sniped, simply bid the maximum that you are willing to pay for an item. An entrepreneur trying to acquire an popular item is not going to bid more than the average fair market resell value. If you are not willing to pay the average fair market resale value for an item, then why are you using Kyoubai in the first place?

1. No one said otherwise

2. Is not playing forumwarz, it is playing kyoubai, remember that he has nothing, no medals, no Peen, NOTHING except tons of flezz, more than any other player, even the oldest.

Is this legitimate?Yes but…

3. Look Acid Sergeant i know that you a friend is a kyoubai entrepreneur, but there is no need to take it personally. I have nothing against you, never had a problem with you nor with other entrepreneurs, i was speaking of a specific person and trying to find solutions to limit these type of exploits, which will not ruin or damage your business.

I am not the ignorant one, the ignorant is who ignores. And you ignore that i obviously, know of this, is really basic, really. How can one that use kyoubai not know of this?

The guy i was talking about make its only bids on the last second, i mean exactly the last second, no proxy rebidding in the last minute. I hope that this is clear.

4. How he can make multiple last second offers?

A second is a second, you cant jump frantically from offer to offer, the auction will be over.

5. He can make a bid on the last second, if i do, the auction is over before my page has loaded.

6. Even if it was like you said, he will still won by having bidded for last, not counting the 130 million flezz he has.

As for the bid i repeat again, I make an offer, even over the average fair market resale value, but i cant bid on the last sec. in the final seconds yes, but in the last one no. He sees my offer and make one slighty over at the last sec. at which point i cant respond. And this happens over and over.

CrinkzPipe Posted:

His problem is he doesn’t know **** about prices. A ripro for more than 200k? Good luck buddy.

What are you talking about?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!