Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Veer

Avatar: 2059 Thu Nov 13 08:18:14 -0500 2008

[Team Shortbus]

Level 32 Troll

my only complaint is that you people are happy

yes yes yes yes

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

So you can get hundreds of scoops, potentially, a week from sitting on your bum?

priscilla edited this message on 10/04/2008 4:47AM

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

priscilla Posted:

potentially

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

priscilla Posted:

So you can get hundreds of scoops potentially a week from sitting on your bum?

Exactly.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

priscilla Posted:

So you can get hundreds of scoops, potentially, a week from sitting on your bum?

Unless your klan leader gets upset that you’re reaping the rewards of the other klanmates’ work, while not…you know, contributing anything.

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Ricket Posted:

Unless your klan leader gets upset that you’re reaping the rewards of the other klanmates’ work, while not…you know, contributing anything.

Still, having say, 20 people in on a raid who contribute equally still means a fair bit of undeserved scoopage. Having people consolidate into 1-2 major raiding klans isn’t good for the game either.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

priscilla Posted:

Still, having say, 20 people in on a raid who contribute equally still means a fair bit of undeserved scoopage.

I’m not quite sure how something that you contribute towards can be undeserved.

priscilla Posted:

Having people consolidate into 1-2 major raiding klans isn’t good for the game either.

There’s a sort of unintentionally built-in mechanic against large raiding klans: the limit on the number of medals awarded each week. The fact that X klanmates won’t be able to medal each week keeps the number of raiders in a klan, in each bracket, relatively low.

I don’t think we really have to worry about 1-2 major raiding klans.

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Ricket Posted:

I’m not quite sure how something that you contribute towards can be undeserved.

You think 100-150 scoops for using all 12 turns, or less, on 1-2 forums represents skill? You want ET to do a poll on this?

There’s a sort of unintentionally built-in mechanic against large raiding klans: the limit on the number of medals awarded each week. The fact that X klanmates won’t be able to medal each week keeps the number of raiders in a klan, in each bracket, relatively low.

I don’t think we really have to worry about 1-2 major raiding klans.

SMS and E2B as of this posting have 13 and 9 members, respectively, out of 48. Good Omens comes in next at 3. And several people ****ed about E2B in this thread I believe.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

priscilla Posted:

You think 100-150 scoops for using all 12 turns, or less, on 1-2 forums represents skill? You want ET to do a poll on this?

Do you think pwning forums represents skill in any way, shape or form? Maybe I’m just a bit of a big bully on these puny forums now that I’ve got a DML, but I would not characterize any forum in this game as requiring any level of skill. All it takes is decent planning, and the ability to read.

Klan raiding requires planning and organization, the same things that go into running solo raids, or doin’ a pistachio loop.

priscilla Posted:

SMS and E2B as of this posting have 13 and 9 members, respectively, out of 48. Good Omens comes in next at 3. And several people ****ed about E2B in this thread I believe.

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to suggest here. Even if SMS was into klan raiding, 13 is too big of a klan for you? (Just a note, but the klan affliations were rather different at the time of many of the posts in this thread.)

If you want an accurate representation of just how many people are in raiding klans, why don’t you scan a few other threads? Like, you know, not one where people express their opinions on klan raiding.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

with 20+ forums coming in the middle of october, many users will go for the streak peens I guess. a chance for others to catch up on leaderboards and/or domination

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

priscilla Posted:

Running solo just for vanilla and lemon 12 visits can earn 108 scoops. Ricket is absolutely right, none of this requires skill beyond being able to push keyboard bumons. Whether you use 1 forum or 12, really doesn’t require anything extra. Solo feels like it requires more because the cost for a lost forum is much greater. Klan vanilla is generally much more secure if you do it correctly. Where one missed visit during a solo run costs you 8 scoops, one missed visit during klan costs you one scoop. The loss is absorbed into the entire klan instead of hitting just one person. I think that is kind of neat, actually. I also think this is going to make a bigger and bigger difference as we see more players on site. A month ago it was rare for me to drop a forum during a solo run, now it’s rare to hit perfect solo vanilla (even when people aren’t purposely trying to mess me up. Log in to see images! )

Take things said about klan vanilla with a grain of salt. All nasty arguing on the Dom stalls aside, most of the players who either presently raid or who have raided in the past, think it’s a nice option, that it can be fun and hope that a slightly more balanced version comes out in the future. The reality is there have only been 5 klans in the history of the game that have raided on a very serious level and a lot of people outside that system like to make snap judgments about what is and isn’t required. Klan raiding does in fact take more coordination and time commitment than solo raiding. If it was simple to get interested players together on the same schedule it would have been done a lot more. Raiding does deserve a benefit, not the skewed one it sees right now, but there would be no point if there wasn’t a benefit.

On a side note since Ricket mentioned it, I do agree that the reduced medals work very much against any sort of Domination based klan cooperation. It also has to be ten times more frustrating to those newer players who are in the mbumive brackets of doom and don’t know to hop onto Flamebate or the Wiki to get help. I think 5 way was probably too much, but only 1 is too little. Some middle ground or additional medal options would be encouraging to everyone I think.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

On a side note since Ricket mentioned it, I do agree that the reduced medals work very much against any sort of Domination based klan cooperation.

Just addin’ a bit here, on that topic.

Having been able to do many rounds since these changes went in on their “Limited Trial”, and look back on previous rounds, the lack of ties has affected how klan vanilla scoops are used. What used to happen, was several klanmates would attempt to tie for the same medal. You’d get maybe 15 across the board for mins, and say, 50-ish scoops for fave, and a 110+ total. While mins and total were pretty much secured, fave was quite attainable, with careful planning and deployment of modest improvements, and a last minute forum to finish out a pistachio loop.

But as soon as ties were removed, everyone’s scoops stayed out all week, leading to a ton of meatshields, and a vanilla tower 200+ scoops tall for fave, and bigger mins totals.

Basically, there needs to be a balance that will tempt us greedy ****s with 4 medals a week and keep scoop totals somewhat vulnerable to a last minute ninja, while not, you know, having a stupidly high number of ties.

Ricket edited this message on 10/05/2008 5:53AM

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Ricket Posted:

Basically, there needs to be a balance that will tempt us greedy ****s with 4 medals a week and keep scoop totals somewhat vulnerable to a last minute ninja, while not, you know, having a stupidly high number of ties.

Absolutely.

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Ricket Posted:

Do you think pwning forums represents skill in any way, shape or form?

I’m comparing the other scoops to Vanilla, where mbuming them are skill in the same way that knowing how to deal with computers are “computer skills.” Briefly back to point that large scale klan vanilla abuse is ok because one contributed: an office bumistant contributes to their company. Does that mean s/he should get pay comparable to the CEO?

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to suggest here. Even if SMS was into klan raiding, 13 is too big of a klan for you? (Just a note, but the klan affliations were rather different at the time of many of the posts in this thread.)

If you want an accurate representation of just how many people are in raiding klans, why don’t you scan a few other threads? Like, you know, not one where people express their opinions on klan raiding.

Looking at the top brackets was enough. I checked the top bracket the past two months, and without counting, found that E2B won 80-90% of the medals, despite having only a few members each time. I remember some mention of E2B medal domination earlier in the thread, but I wanted to see for myself. Other than this clear evidence against your earlier bumertion, if there’s a “built-in mechanic against large raiding klans,” why haven’t you defected from E2B?

————————————

Scullyangel,

It looks like you’ve completely changed your tone from earlier in this thread, where you pointed out:

”I think it’s a shame that everyone seems to think cooperative game play is 100% equal to klan raiding. In my mind cooperative game play has to do with strategy, plotting, diversionary tactics, making a sacrifice to advance the team. The current epic strategy in klan vanilla is show up.”

What happened? E2B approached you like the mafia and told you to stfu about vanilla raiding or else? Log in to see images!

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

priscilla Posted:

Looking at the top brackets was enough. I checked the top bracket the past two months, and without counting, found that E2B won 80-90% of the medals, despite having only a few members each time. I remember some mention of E2B medal domination earlier in the thread, but I wanted to see for myself. Other than this clear evidence against your earlier bumertion, if there’s a “built-in mechanic against large raiding klans,” why haven’t you defected from E2B?

It’s even worse. E2B got all medals in the top bracket for the whole season except for two weeks. One week was a theme week where raiding wasn’t worthwhile and you have no idea how much effort it took to beat them two weeks ago.

ATM only 4-5 people in E2B are participating in their raids but they have tons of alts. Yeah, money matters. Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

No, it’s not all of one or all of the other. You missed a lot of back log – people have been arguing about different klan vanilla options since last March. My note was written from the perspective of someone who had used big klan vanilla strategically within a small klan and watched it slowly become less strategy and more a matter of sheer numbers.

When the debate is raging people tend to scoot further into their corner about it. Of course klan vanilla takes team work. People cooperating – being willing to show up, use their visits, paying attention. Is it an epic undertaking? Not at all. The hardest part is getting people together at the same time.

Currently the reward for klan vanilla, when done to it’s most effective with alts, really contributes to eliminating strategy and team work. If a serious vanilla klan is not opposed by either another serious vanilla klan or a klan dedicated to solo/klan disruption, the medals are simply guaranteed. The players can choose at their leisure who will be winning what each week. The excessive benefit offers so much security that it takes the use of klan vanilla as a strategy and forces it to become the only viable or necessary strategy. That is what eliminates the need for klan player A to help klan player B in any way beyond showing up.

Some players love having it completely locked in and not needing to worry. I get that. Some weeks, I just don’t want to think about it. Overall though, it just doesn’t feel like a competition if no one else can compete. And yes, I think it’s pretty unreasonable to expect players to need lots of alts to be competitive. It also detracts from the team work aspect. There is nothing to “high five” at the end of the Dom week, if the round was decided on day one, you know?

Currently the only reasonable choice to combat klan vanilla is klan vanilla. The interruption that Amasius mentioned can work, but is far more time intensive than simply raiding. (You have to keep checking in throughout the day every day to see if anyone is raiding, so it’s really not a viable strategy.) But even that is just not possible without a large stable of alts to combat the first stable of alts.

Realistically alts currently aren’t just an alternative to gathering a large group, alts are far more effective and powerful. That is cool if that is the way it is supposed to be. I think it’s great when people donate to support the game, and alts are a fun way to use the BPs. It’s just a bit silly at this point to say that upper bracket Dom is a competition of scoops and destruction. Upper bracket Dom is pretty solidly a competition of who has the most alts. It’s just a simple matter of alts being able to funnel scoops into a main, and alts ending up grouped in the same bracket so that one or more can be used for crowd control while the other goes for medals.

Until awhile after Episode 2 rolls out, I can’t imagine that CZ will have the time to do anything Domination focused, so just hang in there. Maybe try joining one of the non-raiding klans and then see if there are actually members in there that are interested in trying it. The Wiki articles on klan vanilla are helpful.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

priscilla Posted:

Hi, some questions about klan vanilla:

1) I was told solo vanilla is negated during klan raids. This is true?

2) From my reading here, you just have to sit on a raid to get scoops?

3) Clan-joined alts cannot participate in a raid, but non-clan ones can push forums, correct?

4) There’s currently no limit on raid participants?

Thanks.

1) You get 1 “solo vanilla” during a raid.

2) Currently yes, but the klan leader can boot you if they don’t like it.

3) Non-raid klannies can help push forums currently.

4) That’s right.

I’ve updated the first post in this thread to address some of these “issues”. The purpose is to discuss the validity of these changes and figure out priorities and which one’s should be added.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Just a clarification for priscilla:

3) Clan-joined alts cannot participate in a raid, but non-clan ones can push forums, correct?

Klan joined alts cannot benefit by joining the raid to earn scoops. They can however currently be used to pwn forums that make up the 12-11-12-11-12 pattern. This is known as Slow Shuffle.

priscilla

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

scullyangel Posted:

Just a clarification for priscilla:

Klan joined alts cannot benefit by joining the raid to earn scoops. They can however currently be used to pwn forums that make up the 12-11-12-11-12 pattern. This is known as Slow Shuffle.

I was going to ask about klan alts contributing. Is the invite-no-join trick required for an alt to contribute to forums pwned? If not, what determines which character gets the scoops? Thanks.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

priscilla Posted:

I was going to ask about klan alts contributing. Is the invite-no-join trick required for an alt to contribute to forums pwned? If not, what determines which character gets the scoops? Thanks.

Anyone in the Raid will get scoops when the forum count hits 12. Currently klannies not in the raid can help towards that 12 forum count. But I doubt I’ll keep things that way. When we remove that “feature” I’ll likely let alts back into raid groups. Again, see the original post for more details about the proposed changes.

It’s not that we’re not considering these issues, it’s that we need to decide what will work best to make Klan Vanilla fair, for everyone.

Should there be a benefit to doing a klan raid? Yes, of course, since it takes a lot more work. Should you (as a solo player) be able to compete with someone who raids in a klan? Yes, but it should be tough. We do encourage Klan Raiding, but it shouldn’t be that you simply can’t compete if you do not raid.

So that’s where this thread comes in… proposing changes, getting opinions and trying some of the options out (either through week-long themes or otherwise).

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!