Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

priscilla Posted:

You think 100-150 scoops for using all 12 turns, or less, on 1-2 forums represents skill? You want ET to do a poll on this?

Running solo just for vanilla and lemon 12 visits can earn 108 scoops. Ricket is absolutely right, none of this requires skill beyond being able to push keyboard bumons. Whether you use 1 forum or 12, really doesn’t require anything extra. Solo feels like it requires more because the cost for a lost forum is much greater. Klan vanilla is generally much more secure if you do it correctly. Where one missed visit during a solo run costs you 8 scoops, one missed visit during klan costs you one scoop. The loss is absorbed into the entire klan instead of hitting just one person. I think that is kind of neat, actually. I also think this is going to make a bigger and bigger difference as we see more players on site. A month ago it was rare for me to drop a forum during a solo run, now it’s rare to hit perfect solo vanilla (even when people aren’t purposely trying to mess me up. Log in to see images! )

Take things said about klan vanilla with a grain of salt. All nasty arguing on the Dom stalls aside, most of the players who either presently raid or who have raided in the past, think it’s a nice option, that it can be fun and hope that a slightly more balanced version comes out in the future. The reality is there have only been 5 klans in the history of the game that have raided on a very serious level and a lot of people outside that system like to make snap judgments about what is and isn’t required. Klan raiding does in fact take more coordination and time commitment than solo raiding. If it was simple to get interested players together on the same schedule it would have been done a lot more. Raiding does deserve a benefit, not the skewed one it sees right now, but there would be no point if there wasn’t a benefit.

On a side note since Ricket mentioned it, I do agree that the reduced medals work very much against any sort of Domination based klan cooperation. It also has to be ten times more frustrating to those newer players who are in the mbumive brackets of doom and don’t know to hop onto Flamebate or the Wiki to get help. I think 5 way was probably too much, but only 1 is too little. Some middle ground or additional medal options would be encouraging to everyone I think.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!