Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

priscilla Posted:

I was going to ask about klan alts contributing. Is the invite-no-join trick required for an alt to contribute to forums pwned? If not, what determines which character gets the scoops? Thanks.

You select one character to join the raid with – that is the character that will receive raid scoops. That character never leaves the klan.

meeeeeeeeee is a total troublemaker for coming up with this. Log in to see images!

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

– Limit Raid size to 10

– Each character can only participate in 1 raid per day

While those two alone are pretty much doom for klan raiding, combining ‘em, with say, a medal for interfering with raids, will completely kill all interest.

If raids are limited (by either time or participants), and those running interference aren’t in any way, I see no reason to raid.

Ricket edited this message on 10/09/2008 12:59AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

How about a simple cap on the number of alts a single player can contribute to domination in any form, throughout the week? The first to take forums are on the list and any after that are excluded (or you have a checkbox per alt for whether they participate)? Then, you can choose (carefully) how to spend your visits, on raiding or interruption. In short, visits need to be worth something, and with an effective blank cheque, they currently are not.

Also would help to prevent burn-out Log in to see images!

If we were ever at the point where we could have separate dom leagues for Euro as well as US players, there’d be no reason to exclude another batch of alts from the next league if you want to use them (and you can’t think of anything better to do with your free time)

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/09/2008 6:30AM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Ricket Posted:

If raids are limited (by either time or participants), and those running interference aren’t in any way, I see no reason to raid.

If raid interference could be somehow limited, the same should apply to solo raid interference Log in to see images!

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I suggested limiting the number of characters a player could have participating in Dom awhile ago. A simple on / off that could be pushed on “x” characters each week. Something like that would have to be very similar coding wise to the “join raid”, right?

Each new Dom week you can choose, 4 characters, or 5 since there will be 5 clbumes and some players might want to play one of each? Click “Join Domination”. Once you click it with your chosen 5 the others are locked out like the characters with the cheater icon. They can’t interrupt, can’t raid, can’t be placed into a Dom bracket. It would naturally limit raiding as well as interruption possibilities.

Of course that could completely wipe out a ton of accidental players who would never bother to join. Maybe, it would be better as an automatic thing for the first 5 to earn a scoop. Experienced players have enough sense to be able to control which alts earn a scoop, and it would automatically give the Domination experience to everyone with fewer than 5 characters.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Of course that could completely wipe out a ton of accidental players who would never bother to join. Maybe, it would be better as an automatic thing for the first 5 to earn a scoop. Experienced players have enough sense to be able to control which alts earn a scoop, and it would automatically give the Domination experience to everyone with fewer than 5 characters.

Rather ‘everyone who pwns a forum’ than ‘everyone who earns a scoop’ as this would include alts being used to interrupt raids as well as those earning scoops.

Also, I left the number of alts ambiguous as it’d really be up to CZ to decide if this were adopted – it’d be a financial as well as a game balance decision – how many alts should a player have to purchase before they become ‘fully’ competitive? 5 does seem reasonable though ($15 donation for another 4 alts)

Players with more than 5 alts could still gain further advantage by switching between groups of alts each week, either to maximise forum visits available, or to hit the peak of a pistachio loop. Consequence being, for the extra visits, you wouldn’t be able to medal on as many alts on a consistent basis.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/09/2008 8:06AM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

scullyangel Posted:

I suggested limiting the number of characters a player could have participating in Dom awhile ago. A simple on / off that could be pushed on “x” characters each week. Something like that would have to be very similar coding wise to the “join raid”, right?

Each new Dom week you can choose, 4 characters, or 5 since there will be 5 clbumes and some players might want to play one of each? Click “Join Domination”. Once you click it with your chosen 5 the others are locked out like the characters with the cheater icon. They can’t interrupt, can’t raid, can’t be placed into a Dom bracket. It would naturally limit raiding as well as interruption possibilities.

That’s an excellent idea! So far I got about 100 medals with my alts this season and I started my first alt only in the middle of the season. Without the raid interrupton of the last weeks it probably would have been even more – honestly, that’s quite ridiculous.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

how many alts should a player have to purchase before they become ‘fully’ competitive? 5 does seem reasonable though ($15 donation for another 4 alts)

Moar liek $25, considering you’ll also need to order Episode 2, what with the shiny new equipment, and 21 forums only those who have purchased Episode 2 can run.

Edit: Also, meeeeeeeeee, stop posting, or make your avatar black and white, so we all match. kthnx.

Ricket edited this message on 10/09/2008 10:42PM

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Ricket Posted:

Edit: Also, meeeeeeeeee, stop posting, or make your avatar black and white, so we all match. kthnx.

Fixed.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Fixed.

Ricket

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Fixed.

Thanks, that was bugging me.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Updated OP with…

– The number of goals available be relative to the number of scoops earned in a bracket. That way, the more active a bracket, the more medals there are. and you can’t drop down to inactive brackets to get tons of easy medals. 0-50 (Most Scoops), 51-100 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum), 101-150 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Min, Highest Min Scoops), 151-200 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci Sequence), etc, etc..

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Updated OP with…

– The number of goals available be relative to the number of scoops earned in a bracket. That way, the more active a bracket, the more medals there are. and you can’t drop down to inactive brackets to get tons of easy medals. 0-50 (Most Scoops), 51-100 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum), 101-150 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Min, Highest Min Scoops), 151-200 (Most Scoops, Lowest Unique Minimum, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci Sequence), etc, etc..

Would that include scoops you earn yourself, or all scoops except those you earn yourself? It should be easy to top those numbers on a single alt with no competition, using the high end of a pistachio run and solo vanilla.

Also potentially somewhat abusable, if you can persuade a few allies to earn some scoops to gain you more medals. I guess nothing can be done really to prevent faux-competition though.

meeeeeeeeee edited this message on 10/21/2008 6:02PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Would that include scoops you earn yourself, or all scoops except those you earn yourself? It should be easy to top those numbers on a single alt with no competition, using the high end of a pistachio run and solo vanilla.

Also potentially somewhat abusable, if you can persuade a few allies to earn some scoops to gain you more medals. I guess nothing can be done really to prevent faux-competition though.

I see this more of an aggregate total across all users. I used 0-50 and 51-100 as examples.. In reality I’d probably look over the numbers to see what the average number of scoops in the top bracket is, and the bottom bracket.. and try to average out good ranges. And the order that the goals would be applicable would be such that the same user could not get multiple medals. Its my intention to eliminate the possibility for a user to get 4 medals in 1 week.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Updated OP

Adeptus

Avatar: 11389 Thu Oct 16 15:20:36 -0400 2008

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

All the current stuff in the OP seems fine and dandy to me, except for the three under the DOMINATION CHANGES heading, which I really don’t like.

Ricket Posted:

‘Cos of this. I’ve heard there’s a lot less interference nowadays, so it may not be such a problem though.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Adeptus Posted:

All the current stuff in the OP seems fine and dandy to me, except for the three under the DOMINATION CHANGES heading, which I really don’t like.

‘Cos of this. I’ve heard there’s a lot less interference nowadays, so it may not be such a problem though.

The main intent of raiding has always been to give raiders/klannies an advantage over playing domination solo. However, with the way it works today people can (and do) raid for hours, getting virtually unlimited scoops from it.

With the current solo scoops, you can get 72 vanilla scoops (1-4 visits yields 8 scoops, then for the remaining 8 visits you’d get 8 scoops each = 8 * 9).

With the proposed changes you would have 10 people in a raid with 12 visits each, that’s 120 visits. 1-12 visits yields 1 scoop, then for the remaining 108 visits you’d get 1 scoop each = 1 * 109).

So raiding would give (in theory) 37 extra scoops over solo vanilla. That should be a large enough benefit to still raid while keeping it competitive for solo players. It would also make the time commitment to raid significantly less and therefore more enticing for more players. There is also Lemon and Pistachio which you can get at the same time too (in both cases).

This also lends itself quit nicely to the possibility of having a bonus for raid interference and running multiple raids at once (from the same klan and from different klans). But I’m still thinking about how to build this properly so it doesn’t get exploited.

If, with these rules, there is too much interference and raids don’t get any benefit, we will up the raid group limit to 15 or something to balance.. but..

The main intent of raiding has always been to give raiders/klannies an advantage over playing domination solo – but not make it impossible for solo players to compete.

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 12/02/2008 11:29AM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

37 scoops is a very small advantage, and that’s only achieved if you have a perfect raid (which is impossible, as klan raids take considerably longer than solo, and there is always interference, even if it is unintentional). Honestly, a better use of visits then would be to do what many who are critical of klan vanilla already do: to gain solo vanilla on many alts separately and then fill the brackets with several of your alts and your klannies’ alts and use one or two of your own alts for destruction while another is set up to win. The allowed ties and additional medals will make that tactic even more effective as solo players will keep arriving in the top brackets with several alts, while those who have used their visits in klan raids will generally have one character per bracket in the top brackets. In that case, it would be better to sacrifice those potential 37 klan vanilla scoops for one character and focus on keeping alts evenly medaled. 37 scoops can be easily compensated for with chocolate from forumbuildr or even pistachio, since the loops are much longer now.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

plk Posted:

37 scoops is a very small advantage, and that’s only achieved if you have a perfect raid (which is impossible, as klan raids take considerably longer than solo, and there is always interference, even if it is unintentional). Honestly, a better use of visits then would be to do what many who are critical of klan vanilla already do: to gain solo vanilla on many alts separately and then fill the brackets with several of your alts and your klannies’ alts and use one or two of your own alts for destruction while another is set up to win. The allowed ties and additional medals will make that tactic even more effective as solo players will keep arriving in the top brackets with several alts, while those who have used their visits in klan raids will generally have one character per bracket in the top brackets. In that case, it would be better to sacrifice those potential 37 klan vanilla scoops for one character and focus on keeping alts evenly medaled. 37 scoops can be easily compensated for with chocolate from forumbuildr or even pistachio, since the loops are much longer now.

Solo vanilla can also be interfered with and is much more costly (you’d lose 8 scoops with every interference, you only lose 1 with klan raiding). Also, maybe raid limit of 10 isn’t the right number, maybe it’s 15.. once the logic is built, we can tweak the balance.

There is always the option to get scoops through other methods, and there’s nothing stopping anyone from doing that now, so I would consider that a different discussion. At this point it’s fair to say that raiding vanilla has too much of an advantage over solo vanilla. That is the problem I am trying to address. If you have other suggestions speak now. These changes are in the pipe and will get implemented in due time.

Alts in the same bracket is another issue which perhaps requires more thought, however with more people playing, and with a more competitive chance for solo players, chances are alts won’t have the medals to end up in the same bracket as the main. And if they do, then they’d likely have to keep getting medals to stay in the top group anyways.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Solo vanilla can also be interfered with and is much more costly (you’d lose 8 scoops with every interference, you only lose 1 with klan raiding). Also, maybe raid limit of 10 isn’t the right number, maybe it’s 15.. once the logic is built, we can tweak the balance.

There is always the option to get scoops through other methods, and there’s nothing stopping anyone from doing that now, so I would consider that a different discussion. At this point it’s fair to say that raiding vanilla has too much of an advantage over solo vanilla. That is the problem I am trying to address. If you have other suggestions speak now. These changes are in the pipe and will get implemented in due time.

Alts in the same bracket is another issue which perhaps requires more thought, however with more people playing, and with a more competitive chance for solo players, chances are alts won’t have the medals to end up in the same bracket as the main. And if they do, then they’d likely have to keep getting medals to stay in the top group anyways.

Yes, solo vanilla can be and is interfered with, but it’s much more difficult to watch for many people doing solos quickly at different times and interrupt them than it is to catch a raid that lasts for several hours. It’s hard not to notice a klan raid, but you have to pretty much stalk somebody if you want to interrupt their solo vanilla.

The other methods of gaining scoops I only brought up in order to demonstrate why it wouldn’t really be effective to raid with such a small advantage coming from vanilla. If you can make up the difference with other methods and gain the advantage of stuffing brackets with your alts, that is a better strategic choice than raiding.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!