Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Asian Rapini Posted:

Going along with this topic, now that itembuildr awards Log in to see images! like forumbuildr, i seem to be suddenly submerged in chocolate:

19 to date and its been less than 24 hours.

am i the exception or the rule?

EDIT: nevermind, no one else in my bracket has more than one or 2 chocolates, looks like i just had a good submission. now i look like a conceited prick, would a mod delete this?

This shouldn’t be deleted, it makes a very good point. Floods of choco like this are pretty arbitrary and almost random and provide a very good example of why we need to reconsider the way buildr works with dom.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Fortunato Posted:

This shouldn’t be deleted, it makes a very good point. Floods of choco like this are pretty arbitrary and almost random and provide a very good example of why we need to reconsider the way buildr works with dom.

Although I think if anything needs to be changed at all its the way voting works in buildr, not the scoop itself. Because if you have a good submission then you deserve a lot of scoops. I just feared they would eliminate or nerf chocolate scoop because of this.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Inertia Posted:

Although I think if anything needs to be changed at all its the way voting works in buildr, not the scoop itself. Because if you have a good submission then you deserve a lot of scoops. I just feared they would eliminate or nerf chocolate scoop because of this.

I agree. This is a buildr problem, not really a dom problem. If it’s fixed in buildr, it will probably fix dom.

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

The way I hope it goes is that you need more upvotes in itembuildr to get a chocolate scoop (8 or 10 perhaps) as voting is much more consolidated and consistent, whereas 75% of Forumbuildr voting is done within 48 hours.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Right now the 2 most overpowered are Chocolate and Pistachio for scoops and though I benefit greatly from Chocolate scoops (I haven’t had a run over 8 yet and make over 100 choco scoops a week) Soon enough I will be making absurd amounts of scoops from it and a simple cap for submissions would level it out as far as potential for gain is concerned. 20 would be a pretty reasonable number though one’s Buildr score can keep increasing for the purposes of Leaderboards.

Pistachio has much of the same problem though. Yes it’s true that everyone gets runs, but people who are just starting and are level 10 can’t get a run of 88 going, so they’ll be rather discouraged to see a brick wall once they hit a higher bracket if they even make it that far. I seem to have hit a wall and I play with 5 guys in Dom, Pistachio being the only scoop I don’t go for (Although only this alt uses Forumbuildr).

More importantly though, every month Pistachio scoops get a 20 scoop increase to their max which slowly but surely makes all the other types more and more useless, the only possible competition will be chocolate, but the growth on chocolate is random which is a risk in and of itself.

If the gain from Pistachio runs was capped at 20 at a time, that would mean that people could still make a lot from those scoops and would actually have more playing time in Dom since they wouldn’t have to wait another week to get their streak up to making 30+ scoops and for a few weeks they would be making max possible scoops while climbing up the necessary run all the faster. Right now you’d make 20 scoops a day for 13 days so people could play 2 weeks at max potential before having to start the climb again.

Then you’d have 70 Log in to see images! which are safe and cost no visits,

with 20 submissions, 100-125 or so Log in to see images! from Forumbuildr if you’re clever, but they are awarded at random and may put you into the lead where you get hit with an bumhole when you aren’t looking,

84-120 Log in to see images! depending on your speed of pwning which can be risky,

140 Log in to see images! scoops which are safe since you can’t be interrupted by others

up to around 200 or so Log in to see images! scoops depending on lag, being interrupted by others in your run and many other factors which will help balance it out.

Vanilla would have the most potential but be the most risky and difficult to get requiring more skill which is a good thing and presumably what we are looking for presumably, and the potential gain from all of them is fairly equal which was stated as a goal by Vomitron20XX.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Yes it’s a double post but an entirely different topic because of tl dr

What say people to bonus to a Klan for pwning all the forums at once? Something like each player in the raid gets total forums pwnd/players in the raid rounded up?

And maybe cards costing different amounts based on the scoops used in the purchasing? Might even just be “costs 5 if all the same flavor” or “costs 3 if 3 different flavors”.

Dunatis edited this message on 03/30/2009 4:17AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!