Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

Tarman

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Troll

I AM IN NEED OF A GOOD DOUCHING SINCE I HAVE SAND IN MY VAG!!!!!

Fran Posted:

Last Blizzard creation is WoW. They just ****ed up the MMO and transformed it into an E-Sport, in which 3 clbumes obliterate the rest. Log in to see images!

Well timed Mace Stun Bro!

When I said “I wonder what Forumwarz would be like…” I meant that Blizzard isn’t known for making frequent fixes to balance, and when there are fixes it’s usually at severe cost to variety and thus fun. So what I meant was that WoW wasn’t balanced at all. I apologize for the confusion.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

SG94 Posted:

It would be so cool if the highest unique total won, though.

Now that would be interesting, but extremely difficult to arrange for the player in 3rd place (just one card played would break a tie)

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Hot damn, I didn’t even notice this thread until now. Great stuff, too bad it came after the Charisma fix (meaning that I’m going to grind Cred first). But I guess it’s OK for me not to play anyway, since apparently one big problem hasn’t been fixed yet:

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

- If you are in a raid, you only get 1 scoop for solo domination

It should be zero.

BTW, it’d also be nice if you kept alts from being used to help out mains at all (i.e. non-Klan alts would no longer be able to change the pwnership of a forum to non-Klan, making 12-11-12 harder). But that’s not nearly as annoying.

BTW again, there’s a very simple reason why the rules changes are unlikely to lead to Klanmates agreeing not to raid if they’re in the same bracket.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

its not a prisoners dilemma if we have communication with eachother. that’s kind of important to the theory.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/26/2008 4:02AM

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Pluvius Posted:

BTW, it’d also be nice if you kept alts from being used to help out mains at all (i.e. non-Klan alts would no longer be able to change the pwnership of a forum to non-Klan, making 12-11-12 harder). But that’s not nearly as annoying.

that would make it so no small clan can compete with a big clan. The problem wouldn’t go away, necessarily, and since the clans are bigger, the bracket stacking gets bigger.

also all my alts would just collect dust

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

its not a prisoners dilemma if we have communication with eachother. that’s kind of important to the theory.

It’s not the lack of communication that’s important in this case, it’s the deceit and the issue of payout.

Say that you have a bracket with only four characters which are owned by four different players, and the characters are all in the same Klan. Since there are four characters, at least one of them is not going to get any medals.

Let’s say first of all that despite the fact that they’re technically helping their competitors in addition to themselves, the four go ahead and raid together as usual. They all get hundreds of scoops, and they’re all still competitive with each other at the end of the week. The big expected battle for scoops breaks out and the winners get the spoils, as usual.

Now let’s say that they all agree not to raid. They don’t get as many scoops, but they still compete with each other based on other scoop-grabbing methods, and have the same battle at the end of the week. The situation is fundamentally the same whether or not they raid; despite the fact that some players are better at solo play than raiding and vice versa, it makes essentially no difference in the general case.

Now let’s say that something far more likely happens—they all agree not to raid but one player breaks the agreement. He gets hundreds of scoops and easily wins the round, and the other players don’t get ****. He might get kicked out of the Klan, but so what? There are other Klans out there, some of which don’t know what he did and others that surely realize (possibly through hard experience) that agreements not to raid are a fool’s bargain.

In conclusion, collusion only works when the benefits of colluding are greater than the benefits of not colluding, and the penalties for breaking collusion are sufficiently great to discourage it. In this case of colluding against raiding, neither of these things is true. In fact, in a real Domination bracket agreeing not to raid would actually be worse because the other people in the bracket could more easily beat the people who aren’t raiding.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

Pluvius Posted:

It’s not the lack of communication that’s important in this case, it’s the deceit and the issue of payout.

Say that you have a bracket with only four characters which are owned by four different players, and the characters are all in the same Klan. Since there are four characters, at least one of them is not going to get any medals.

Let’s say first of all that despite the fact that they’re technically helping their competitors in addition to themselves, the four go ahead and raid together as usual. They all get hundreds of scoops, and they’re all still competitive with each other at the end of the week. The big expected battle for scoops breaks out and the winners get the spoils, as usual.

Now let’s say that they all agree not to raid. They don’t get as many scoops, but they still compete with each other based on other scoop-grabbing methods, and have the same battle at the end of the week. The situation is fundamentally the same whether or not they raid; despite the fact that some players are better at solo play than raiding and vice versa, it makes essentially no difference in the general case.

Now let’s say that something far more likely happens—they all agree not to raid but one player breaks the agreement. He gets hundreds of scoops and easily wins the round, and the other players don’t get ****. He might get kicked out of the Klan, but so what? There are other Klans out there, some of which don’t know what he did and others that surely realize (possibly through hard experience) that agreements not to raid are a fool’s bargain.

In conclusion, collusion only works when the benefits of colluding are greater than the benefits of not colluding, and the penalties for breaking collusion are sufficiently great to discourage it. In this case of colluding against raiding, neither of these things is true. In fact, in a real Domination bracket agreeing not to raid would actually be worse because the other people in the bracket could more easily beat the people who aren’t raiding.

Completely agreed. It’s a simple matter of Nash equilibrium. All of the raiders benefit from their cooperation with each other, which puts them ahead of their competition. Instead of competing with 8 people, they’re competing with 4.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

If there were more players, actively raiding in more klans, competing in the same brackets, with an evenly matched number of players, would the same hold true? We’re in a bit of a special case scenario at the moment. Yes it needs to be fixed, but the fix may be more along the lines of encouraging more raiding, than a technical fix. Or at least, both equally.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

If there were more players, actively raiding in more klans, competing in the same brackets, with an evenly matched number of players, would the same hold true? We’re in a bit of a special case scenario at the moment. Yes it needs to be fixed, but the fix may be more along the lines of encouraging more raiding, than a technical fix. Or at least, both equally.

1. Yes

2. No

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Or to put it another way, it’s all very well fixing the special case, but the danger then is of neglecting the game as a whole, and it’s all alot of effort going around in circles, waiting for more players to start actively participating (which if they were there in the first place, might have meant the game doesn’t require so much fixing after all)

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Or to put it another way, it’s all very well fixing the special case, but the danger then is of neglecting the game as a whole, and it’s all alot of effort going around in circles, waiting for more players to start actively participating (which if they were there in the first place, might have meant the game doesn’t require so much fixing after all)

I concur.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Arktor Posted:

Completely agreed. It’s a simple matter of Nash equilibrium. All of the raiders benefit from their cooperation with each other, which puts them ahead of their competition. Instead of competing with 8 people, they’re competing with 4.

arktor is correct, however a nash equilibrium is not a prisoners dilemma, so pluvius is wrong.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

At the moment if a solo player dominates more than 4 forums he gets no vanilla. I think it would be better if there’s bonus for dominating more. How about something like this:

4 forums – 8 vanillas

6 forums – 10 vanillas

8 forums – 12 vanillas

10 forums – 14 vanillas

12 forums – 16 vanillas

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

That would be a total of 60 scoops for 12 visits, whereas solo raiding right now can get you up to 8*9=72 scoops for the same 12 visits. It might be interesting to have the two choices though.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

quangntenemy Posted:

At the moment if a solo player dominates more than 4 forums he gets no vanilla. I think it would be better if there’s bonus for dominating more. How about something like this:

4 forums – 8 vanillas

6 forums – 10 vanillas

8 forums – 12 vanillas

10 forums – 14 vanillas

12 forums – 16 vanillas

I don’t think that would be worth it. Using all 12 visits would give you 60 vanilla. Currently using 12 visits you can earn 72 vanilla.

Now if you inserted those in between numbers 5 – gives 9, 7 – gives 11, 9 – gives 13 and 11 – gives 15. Then we’d be talking a worthwhile progression, since a perfect 12 would deliver 130 vanilla.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

scullyangel Posted:

I don’t think that would be worth it. Using all 12 visits would give you 60 vanilla. Currently using 12 visits you can earn 72 vanilla.

Now if you inserted those in between numbers 5 – gives 9, 7 – gives 11, 9 – gives 13 and 11 – gives 15. Then we’d be talking a worthwhile progression, since a perfect 12 would deliver 130 vanilla.

Hm, 130 scoops is a lot, but it’s not easy for a solo player do dominate 12 forums at the same time. At the moment things are pretty quiet but once Episode 2 it out even dominating 4 forums should be difficult most of the time. But I like the idea – high payoff for a high risk.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Actually you can combine the 2 methods to get more vanillas.

For example you can dominate 6 to get 18, then keep it at 6 to get 60 more.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I already emailed binge but i want this out for discussion

scullyangel: BINGEBOT 2015: I’ve been doing everything humanly possible this week in an attempt to have

*any* solo player take one from a klan player. As long as they can skip using visits during a raid, the advantage

is likely going to be too big.

BINGEBOT 2015: but increasing the lemon reward.. perhaps for harder forums..

and increasing pistachio.. and perhaps upping solo vanilla (again)

are better answers

Orb: SG94: But… they’re already in a sinking ship. I *am* in a smaller klan that likes to raid sometimes,

but all the same I have to acknowledge that right now holding 12 forums is easy.

Fran: yeah… scully and amasius tried to help me medal this week

Fran: but meh, I did a solo run and got everything destroyed

BINGEBOT 2015: scullyangel: what bracket?

Orb: If the amount to hold was upped, it would make raiding tough again.

scullyangel: BINGEBOT 2015: Top bracket. I’ve interrupted all their raids – literally 2 hours of interference, but it really

doesn’t make any difference.

SG94: scullyangel: srsly? cool, next time call me ok?

scullyangel: BINGEBOT 2015: Raid ends with only 130 scoops instead of 200, but Pickled male reproductive organbum still has 12 visits

to use running solo vanilla.

BINGEBOT 2015: scullyangel: you tried to run interference and that was the result?

BINGEBOT 2015: Ideally if you are in a raid you have to pwn one of the forums to benefit

SG94: How about making a characters visit “raid visits” if a raid is entered

SG94: after the raid is done you have 0 visits

SG94: you better use them for the raid then

scullyangel: BINGEBOT 2015: Yup. Almost 60 visits worth of interruption, and believe me I know how – you have to hit with 6 at a time.

Almost all my visits cost them a scoop, but the impact is still minimal.

BINGEBOT 2015: scullyangel: hmm.. I hadn’t considered raid impact.. wonder if we could reward that type of behaviour

Fran: BINGEBOT 2015: medal for people who destroyed the most scoops

BINGEBOT 2015: BINGEBOT 2015: so if you disrupt a raid pwned forum you get a scoop

Orb: Devious.

Orb: I like it.

BINGEBOT 2015: Fran: That’s coming.. after Ep2.. but that helps klannies anyways..

cause they’ll have the most

Orb: That would be putting out a contract kill on all raids

Orb: And that’s awesome

BINGEBOT 2015: Orb: I’m ok with that

BINGEBOT 2015: Orb: scullyangel: ok I’m going to add that to the list.. cause I think if people are wasting scoops to do it,

they should be rewarded

BINGEBOT 2015: but.. keep in mind this means that people from the same klan (not in the raid) could potentially do it as well…

scullyangel: BINGEBOT 2015: That could be cool. As is there is no benefit to interrupting.

If you want to be effective, you have to completely sacrifice all the speed scoops,

while burning all your visits.

BINGEBOT 2015: so I might have to say it’s only for people not in the klan

BINGEBOT 2015: scullyangel: yeah

BINGEBOT 2015: ok hold.. need to make notes

BINGEBOT 2015: ok back..

BINGEBOT 2015: so the following is on the To Do list

BINGEBOT 2015: Raid size limit of 10

BINGEBOT 2015: Reward for non klannies that pwn a raid pwned forum

(Either earn Antifreeze, or Vanilla..??)

BINGEBOT 2015: If you are not part of a raid, you shouldn’t affect the raid 12 count of forums

BINGEBOT 2015: You have to pwn one of the raid forums in order to get a klan vanilla scoop

BINGEBOT 2015: You can only join/leave a klan once per day

BINGEBOT 2015: we like? Ok, so that’s what we’ll do.

BINGEBOT 2015: anything else?

SG94: I’d like visits set to zero after a raid

BINGEBOT 2015: SG94: As a continuation

BINGEBOT 2015: SG94: Anyone in a raid gets 0 visits afterwards?

BINGEBOT 2015: SG94: THat’s interesting

BINGEBOT 2015: probably easier to code

BINGEBOT 2015: I’m writting that down

10 per raid, and only being able to join the clan once per day seems fine to me, meaning it doesn’t drastically effect the ability of a small clan such as my own to raid.

however “If you are not part of a raid, you shouldn’t affect the raid 12 count of forums” combined with only 10 players per raid means that it has to be a small clan thing, but your scoop counts are severely limited. Additionally “You have to pwn one of the raid forums in order to get a klan vanilla scoop” means that anyone with an alt or two can keep you from getting any return from a raid, and they’ll get scoops for doing so. I know skully only cost us like 60 scoops from interfering, and feels she wasted a lot of time, but we were putting in time to counter her attack too. you guys think we just gather in a chat room and the scoops come pouring in?

additionally, here’s what I’d do with the intereferance scoops: when I plan to do my solos i’d have an alt start a faux clan and a raid, and pre-pwn the forums I plan to pwn. that way when i take their forums I get extra scoops. (or will it only be for dropping it from 12 to 11 forums? causing “natural turnover,” and essentially helping the raid?)

it seems to me the easiest thing to do is just remove klan vanilla all together, why convolve and complicate the process until it is less efficient than soloing? or does CZ still want to promote cooperative gameplay?

the math would mean you’d need 10 players with 12 visits just to get 109 scoops, and that’s with no interference. if they only had 8 turns, it’d be pointless. if you couldn’t get 8 people to participate it’d be pointless. and even with 8 you are only getting a handful more scoops than you get solo. now the same 12 turns will get you 72 scoops solo. but at a fraction of the time and effort, and with no cooperation. someone would have to be incredibly lucky to interfere (looking at you Dorian Blue)

I know some people want to make clan vanilla pointless. these changes will do that.

right now solo is incredibly buffed and clan slightly nerfed. the only thing that makes it look like my clan has the top bracket locked down is that EVERY SINGLE RAIDER is in the top bracket. when I tried raiding with alternates in other competitive brackets where they didn’t have the advantage of allies holding huge scoop counts, they ended up losing all their scoops. The way to make solo more competitive is to make it so no one clan dominates any bracket. (and so that alts can’t be in the same bracket)

a relatively simple change compared to the short list above.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 08/19/2008 7:18PM

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

it seems to me the easiest thing to do is just remove klan vanilla all together, why convolve and complicate the process until it is less efficient than soloing? or does CZ still want to promote cooperative gameplay?

I suggested that. They should simply remove klan vanilla altogether until we all find a better way to fix it.

It was suggested stuff as extreme as remove klannies from the same bracket. I think it’s fine to promote cooperative gameplay, but you can’t deny the advantage a current klan person has over a solo person.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

an advantage that doesn’t necessarily come easy. there is an investment.

the total scoop advantage might be a little bit high right now. 360 (+ or – about 80) scoops a week more than a solo player makes it a bit rough. making it so you can’t ditch/join more than once a day will halve the retuens. 140 (+ or – about 40) scoops a week more may still be a bit much – so add another source of scoop income, raid interferance? make the rewards high enough that solo players competing with klan players will jump on it, and close the gap.

let me pose a question: how much of an advantage should a raider have over a solo player?

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 08/19/2008 7:23PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!