Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho Going about this in the right way

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

Yet more proof that arbitrary leaderboards make people take things too seriously and ruin chaos/fun that should be allowed for all.

Otherwise you may be legally obligated to drop the ‘parody’ in the description of FW, because people are taking this **** p seriously imho.

Perhaps, but some of us WOULD like a chance to get to the top of leaderboards. Why else do we have them?

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

Balloon Posted:

Perhaps, but some of us WOULD like a chance to get to the top of leaderboards. Why else do we have them?

all you care about is an epeen right? so once you top the leaderboard how about just being removed from the competition since, you know, you already have the epeen? if you don’t want it so the game rolls through everyone and gives it to everyone in one day, make it give out one peen per day so whoopdy do you can have the peen a day before somebody else

that way everybody gets it eventually and we are all happy and this issue is irrelevant and you can send crap to your alts so that there is more incentive to buy legal alts instead of making illegal ones that can do the same stuff already and actually ruin the competition for peenwhores

The Holy Fail

Avatar: 100917 Sat Jan 17 01:25:32 -0500 2009

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Not me specifically, no. But I guess there’s no reason for the Olympics either. There all just gold medal whores.

Heath Ledger-
s Ghost

Level 34 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

The Holy Fail Posted:

Not me specifically, no. But I guess there’s no reason for the Olympics either. There all just gold medal whores.

But we did bring about reform in Chi…oh, right

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

In light of all that’s been said, I’m not actually convinced that you still require an official reply from a Crotch Zombie representative at this time. Nevertheless, we did discuss this in tonight’s meeting, so I can relay my version of the group’s message to you here.

First off, I don’t think the topic at hand is nearly as controversial as the recent drama would have you believe. I think it should be incredibly obvious to anyone that Kyoubai’s abuse protection feature is there for a good reason — to stop abuse. Sure, I’ll admit that perhaps we could’ve gone about it in a more subtle way (i.e., instituting some sort of reviewable flag), but to make the logical leap that we adopted this policy to forsake people’s “fun” is frankly ludicrous. This is why I was surprised to see the kind of tone that came out of the posts regarding this relative non-issue.

We understand and appreciate that there are players out there who have gone as far as they can in the game and are now just finding opportunities to fool around. Trust me, we love the fact that there are “die-hards” out there who are constantly finding new ways to have fun within the Forumwarz environment. A couple of posters even went as far to say that “fun is the unintended purpose” of Forumwarz at this stage. I’d prefer to shrug that off as typical Flamebatean hyperbole, but let’s say there’s some truth to it. In the end, we’re only talking about a handful of players who were involved in this one marble auction, driving the price to insane levels and causing our (brand freaking new!) system to flag it as probable abuse. Despite your lulzy intentions, according to our system, that kind of behavior is indistinguishable from abuse and we had no reason to believe otherwise.

Actually, as far as we’re concerned, with some teamwork and alt-trickery, that kind of thing could still lead to plenty of potential abuse. But I’m not saying that’s why you did it. We get it; it was for a laugh.

However, you’re not only saying we were supposed to predict that sort of behavior and have had ready-made conditions to deal with it…you’re saying we did, in fact, predict that behavior and purposefully blocked it because “we’re trying to kill your fun” or, absurdly enough, “we’re telling you what you can do with your Flezz.” Maybe we have been trolled here, but that’s just maddening. While we love our die-hard players, you have to admit that’s an incredibly selfish and petty attitude to take. The idea that we should toss out our rules for one lousy auction out of the 50,000 we’ve had in six weeks (okay, 40,000 if you ignore Johnny Mac’s) is pure insanity.

You’re saying we’re “lazy” because we’re not reviewing these cases. But that’s kinda exactly what Evil Trout did, isn’t it? Flag went up, people complained, it got fixed. We’re not afraid of “a little work,” as you put it, but what’s a better use of our time: building stable applications that can be enjoyed by thousands of users every month, or monitoring tens of thousands of auctions to distinguish between abuse and the occasional bit of goofing between a few (for lack of a better term) Moneyfabulous persons? I’m sure we’re going to have to review plenty of auctions in the future, so I don’t see why you’re making a federal case out of this one. I’m thinking it’s definitely trolling, but when it comes to General Discussion, we have to at least pay lip service to your earnestness.

So, like everything else, we’ll find a way to deal with this. And the best way to deal with this, in our opinion, is to allow and encourage auctions for extremely rare or expensive items where we can safely ignore the abuse flags. Not surprisingly, this is partly the motivation for the upcoming Itembuildr application.

We think bidding for these rare items will be much more — as you kids call it — “fun” than starting a price war over a stupid goddamn marble, but hey, it’s up to you. If it turns out that all anyone ever wants to bid on are marbles, we will have to change our focus accordingly. That’s how we do things.

In the meantime, please try not to be so indignant over every little annoyance that comes your way. Posters, you should know better than to encourage this kind of thing. It truly is unhelpful.

Thank you and goodnight.

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

sensible stuff

Let’s not fight anymore, ok? Log in to see images!

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I gotta say, through all the bull**** trolling that my e-friends and I have done it is impressive how serious our petty concerns are taken. It almost makes us all feel bad.

Almost.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

I’m not actually convinced that you still require an official reply from a Crotch Zombie representative at this time.

Nobody required it, I agree, but when a decent portion of the players were at least wondering what the official position was, it’s a great help to have a complete, sensible explanation. Having provided one, you (I hope) ended this confusion and debate with one post.

Being a mod’s a little like being a politician: sometimes, all that counts is looking like you care what the people want. Log in to see images!

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

exactly what we were looking for.

Thanks JB. Yes, given some of our histories, it might be easy to write this off as trolling, and I understand that fixes to a new feature like this won’t be instant, but it’s good to know that you guys aren’t just completely ignoring this.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

OrsonScottCard Posted:

Nobody required it, I agree, but when a decent portion of the players were at least wondering what the official position was, it’s a great help to have a complete, sensible explanation. Having provided one, you (I hope) ended this confusion and debate with one post.

Being a mod’s a little like being a politician: sometimes, all that counts is looking like you care what the people want. Log in to see images!

Except nothing is actually resolved. If these auctions stick as “abuse”(which it looks like they will), there’s the matter of the millions of flezz that we essentially deleted by bidding on junk items. If official policy changes to explicitly say auctions like the ones we partook in are considered “abuse”, I think those of us that make ridiculous bids are entitled to a refund, or at least the awarding of the item in question. Keep my 4 million flezz. I still want that marble.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Odalisque Posted:
FAIL Posted:
OrsonScottCard Posted:
Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Thanks for understanding. Now that I’ve reread it, I hope my post didn’t come off as too snarky. In a way, I consider all of you guys as part of the “dev team,” so we depend on your constructive criticism and patience to help continually improve things.

Hobart, don’t Quote Reply me on this, but I think it’s fair to refund users who were involved in the auctions in question. I’m not sure how we feel about letting the actual auction go through, simply because of the precedent it sets.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Also, we will be adding more admin run auctions where junk and fun stuff is bid up to insanely high amounts!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Was any discussion given to possibly removing high-powered .moar files from the abuse detection algorithm?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Hobart, don’t Quote Reply me on this, but I think it’s fair to refund users who were involved in the auctions in question. I’m not sure how we feel about letting the actual auction go through, simply because of the precedent it sets.

Where auctions are blocked, would it not be fair to refund (i.e. reverse) the auctions automatically, so the original users get their stuff/flezz back, and instead change the focus slightly by logging the blocked transactions and review any player with a large or fast growing number of them, then decide what to do about it on a case by case basic?

You have these limits in place to block auctions for whatever reasons you deem necessary (basically as I understand, an attempt to make flezz a meaningful currency) and the extra step (automatic reposession/punishment) is IMO not necessary and quite drastic and that’s where the majority of problems and angst lie with the system as it stands.

The other side to this is of course, if flezz had some meaningful purpose other than to buy a small range of items (quickly and easily acquired) the problem may well solve itself.

The Ferv

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Was any discussion given to possibly removing high-powered .moar files from the abuse detection algorithm?

This.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

If you expect special item hunting to be fun, then MAKE MOAR SPECIAL ITEM AUCTIONS, dammit!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Big Brother Posted:

If you expect special item hunting to be fun, then MAKE MOAR SPECIAL ITEM AUCTIONS, dammit!

Evil Trout Posted:

Also, we will be adding more admin run auctions where junk and fun stuff is bid up to insanely high amounts!

Four posts above yours. Do us a favor and read before you post next time, okay?

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

MC Banhammer Posted:

Four posts above yours. Do us a favor and read before you post next time, okay?

no trolling in this thread, i am tempted to report you hehe

(you cant expect your player base to be actually listening that much)

mNeMoNiC aLg0rItHm edited this message on 02/03/2009 1:14PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!