Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Kyoubai, the new ForumWarz Auction House.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

Let’s say you have a bunch of extra moar files. Typically you have dozens of pieces you don’t want. So you go to the auction house. How do you unload them all?

Remember an auction has 4 fields -> minimum bid, reserve price, buy out price, length

So you’d have to fill out those fields for EACH piece you want to sell. And this is by file!

We came up with two ideas, neither of them popular. One was a tabular list, where it would list all your files, one piece per row, and all four fields to the side. Still, that’s tedious to use if you want to unload all your pieces.

You could have checkboxes by each piece, along with a set of control fields, and a bumon to apply those control values to all checked pieces.

Or limit users to only being able to sell one piece (not duplicates) at a time. So you could do it for piece #1 once, piece #2 once, but not piece #1 eight times.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

MC Banhammer Posted:

You could have checkboxes by each piece, along with a set of control fields, and a bumon to apply those control values to all checked pieces.

Or limit users to only being able to sell one piece (not duplicates) at a time. So you could do it for piece #1 once, piece #2 once, but not piece #1 eight times.

Like just having a “sell this item” bumon next to each part of the uncompleted .moar files when you expand the details would cover that huh?

And what I mean by that is the entire selling interface to pick which item to sell could be from your inventory and it brings you to a kyoubai screen which you set those paramaters, otherwise you could go to the bookmark and buy things and view your current/past auctions.

Wylin edited this message on 01/07/2009 8:49PM

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s what we tried sketching out, but it looked like a form from hell and I figured no user would be smart enough to understand it.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Why not just have a list of pieces and how many you have of each one, and a bumon next to each one called “Auction one off!”?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

Evil Trout Posted:

That’s what we tried sketching out, but it looked like a form from hell and I figured no user would be smart enough to understand it.

Sorry for the mid trolling but…

WAT

This looks too overly complicated for my brain Log in to see images! Fran edited this message on 01/07/2009 10:00PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

I’m thinking this might not be the screenshot you actually showed? As there’s nothing related to .moar files, or even Forumwarz, anywhere on it…

Montressor

Avatar: 77535 Tue Jan 13 09:44:11 -0500 2009

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 37 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I think it is possible that this is a joke.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m thinking this might not be the screenshot you actually showed? As there’s nothing related to .moar files, or even Forumwarz, anywhere on it…

It has a pro-mode for BoD.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes sorry if it wasn’t clear — that’s a screenshot of a simple program (wget) and a UI for it that’s insanely complex.

We try to keep things very simple wherever possible. I’m not saying we’re perfect, just that we try to keep things obvious and understandable.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

Reported for Trolling in Game Discussion Log in to see images! Raepdog edited this message on 01/07/2009 10:11PM

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

Yes sorry if it wasn’t clear — that’s a screenshot of a simple program (wget) and a UI for it that’s insanely complex.

We try to keep things very simple wherever possible. I’m not saying we’re perfect, just that we try to keep things obvious and understandable.

I think that will make Big Brother happy he got what he wanted, you also made it stupid proof so only the worthy can use it.

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

wGet is apparently a program used to download entire websites. Not what he wanted to show us.

Raepdog Posted:

Reported for Trolling in Game Discussion Log in to see images!

Oh Please, don’t make him ban himself again when he’s actually discussing things with us before making something that will affect the game in HUGE ways.

Wylin edited this message on 01/07/2009 10:15PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Big Brother Posted:

Why not just have a list of pieces and how many you have of each one, and a bumon next to each one called “Auction one off!”?

Do you really want to auction off dozens of .moar files one at a time? Bear in mind each click on that link brings you to a page that looks like this:

Wylin

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Evil Trout Posted:

Do you really want to auction off dozens of .moar files one at a time? Bear in mind each click on that link brings you to a page that looks like this:

Yeah, that looks good.. did you mean “parts” that time or files? If you want to make the money you have to sell the stuff. 4 visits can give you a max of 80 parts, but I bumume if we sell parts we could also sell entire files? Not mandatory to sell them all at once either.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Wylin Posted:

wGet is apparently a program used to download entire websites. Not what he wanted to show us.

Oh Please, don’t make him ban himself again when he’s actually discussing things with us before making something that will affect the game in HUGE ways.

I was joking.

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I’m not saying sell dozens at a time. I’m saying I don’t see how complicated it is. Just make a list of all your pieces, and next to each one a bumon. If you click said bumon, you go the screen you just showed with that piece.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

I cant wait to troll by making outrageous items at low prices but having the buyout less than the reserve Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

I was thinking something like this. I’d have made it look nicer but I couldn’t grab the page source to hack it, so I had to use Paint, which I’m not so good at…

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Evil Trout Posted:

If so, please offer suggestions of to make a non-confusing and elegant user interface for trading pieces. If you can’t offer any constructive criticism, shut the hell up.

For each partially completed .moar file, have two options:

1) List all non-unique pieces

2) List all pieces.

For each piece that is sold in this way, of say the darkside file, create an auction for “piece of darkside” without identifying which piece it is. Allow people using the “buy-it-now” option to buy multiple pieces at once (eBay does this for some auctions).

Anybody who wins the auction for “piece of darkside” or buys multiple pieces will receive, at random one of the 50 pieces of darkside, regardless of which pieces were actually listed. Replace the text you currently get when you win an auction by something like “You won a piece of darkside… you received piece #28”. Since the pieces that drop from threads are, as far as anybody can tell, uniformly distributed this would be exactly equivalent to getting a drop from a thread, it just requires the expenditure of flezz and not a forum visit. So basically, you can make a fun, easy to use, system for selling .moar pieces in a Fukubukuro format (like Bags of Crap on woot.com).

Plus, come on… if you’re going to name the thing Kyoubai (Kay, you buy), how could you not offer the Fukubukuro (**** you, buckaroo) option?

Possibly a Cabbage edited this message on 01/07/2009 10:35PM

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

I was thinking something like this. I’d have made it look nicer but I couldn’t grab the page source to hack it, so I had to use Paint, which I’m not so good at…

javascript: dogreat timesent.body.contentEditable = ‘true’; dogreat timesent.designMode = ‘on’; void 0

Press Enter

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!