Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay The unofficial "what the ****" Episode 3 waiting room. <HEAVY spoilers>

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

Fanboy clbum? That’s pretty gay. Also,

<waits

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

i wonder if all the stuff they told us that was gonna be in episode two like branching story lines and alignment having relevance is going to be in episode 3 lol Log in to see images!

StrangeVicio-
us52

[WeChall]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

Want to know what confused me?

OK, beginning of Ep 2, Ravit and FBO hints that 1) you were set up, and 2) you’ll find out more about it. You don’t hear much from them. I didn’t think much about it because too busy pwning for all of Shallow’s pals and finding out about the robot menace from Lonely Gunman.

When you pwn the Pentagon, you find out about Ravit’s true identity, and hints of Sentrillion’s shady activities. After something happens to the Lonely Gunman, robots hire you, and suddenly the boss thread is Ravit?

You know, someone from FBO could have told my character beforehand the Coral Springs plant never blew up, or any other information that could have helped with making better decisions. No, suddenly, you are the n00b and the bad guy.

It may have made more sense to me at least if there were hedges, red herrings, and general vagueness from Ravit. However, between the court battle and ROTM, I do not hear anything. Was the Lonely Gunman meant as a proxy for the FBO?

However, It is interesting to know that I can play Geronimo! after the end of Ep 2. There had been some files that do not seem to drop anywhere else but there..

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

LemGambino Posted:

I personally hated the ending. It’s just came out of NOWHERE and didn’t have a proper cliffhanger like episode 2. What the Hell, Evil Trout? I spent ten bucks on this!

exactly how I felt.

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Still working Ep. II, but I’ll start waiting anyway. I already know I’m committing.

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

dobnits Posted:

In order to get resurrected, you do a job for Satan or Saint Peter or Richard Dawkins (neutral bumumptive) for a chance to get your life back. Of course that would be getting too far out of internet lore

The reason it’s not too far out of internet lore is because you will go to Internet Hell, where Satan/God is in fact Joss Whedon. It will advance from there that internet hell is where all the memes go to die.

Or maybe I should stay off the crack.

Another theory is that, on the missions page it says Looks like you’re far too dead to defeat this forum at this time. meaning that we come back, in our former state, rendering any “starting over” theories null and void..

DaCyclops

[LOTB]

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

I dont know why, but I feel its going to be that your really dead. But NetTranny comes along and gets you out of being dead, because they own you. Dont know why…

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

I imagined a whole sequence for Ep3 begginning based on your clbum and the “Dr. Jojo Brainscan theory”.

If Troll:

The tune to Also Sprach Zarathrusta starts up.

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, one ascii eye opens and then another opens.

As the notes continue, the eyes look around. They see a robotic arm on the shelf. On the final notes, the robotic arm reaches up into the air, and on the final note, the middle finger extends.

If Camwhore:

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, two ascii female eyes open one by one.

The eyes glance at the robotic arm, and then around the whole room. On the final notes, “ERROR! NO mammary glands!” flashes across the screen as the eyes cry.

If Emo Kid:

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, two ascii eyes open one by one.

****. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD. appears on the screen under the eyes.

/wipe hard drive appears on the screen as the notes are ending. The monitor turns off, but on again, and the eyes are still there. On the final note, **** appears on the monitor.

If Hacker:

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, two ascii eyes open one by one.

The eyes blink several times, and dissappear. Code fills the screen. The lights go out. It zooms out to show the rest of the building. All electricity is off. Then, it zooms further out. The whole country of Germany has had a blackout, the only remaining lights spelling “HELLO WORLD”.

If Permanoob:

Suddenly, the tune changes to the chicken dance. The computer is filled with LOLOLOLOLOLOL… Dr. Jojo walks in on the last notes of the chicken dance and facepalms.

Rage_****

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 69 Troll

I AM SURPRISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS STILL AROUND

Big Brother Posted:

I imagined a whole sequence for Ep3 begginning based on your clbum and the “Dr. Jojo Brainscan theory”.

If Troll:

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, one ascii eye opens and then another opens.

As the notes continue, the eyes look around. They see a robotic arm on the shelf. On the final notes, the robotic arm reaches up into the air, and on the final note, the middle finger extends.

If Camwhore:

In an empty office, the monitor of a computer turns on. As the notes play, two ascii female eyes open one by one.

The eyes glance at the robotic arm, and then around the whole room. On the final notes, “ERROR! NO mammary glands!” flashes across the screen as the eyes cry.

If Emo Kid:

****. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD. appears on the screen under the eyes.

/wipe hard drive appears on the screen as the notes are ending. The monitor turns off, but on again, and the eyes are still there. On the final note, **** appears on the monitor.

If Hacker:

The eyes blink several times, and dissappear. Code fills the screen. The lights go out. It zooms out to show the rest of the building. All electricity is off. Then, it zooms further out. The whole country of Germany has had a blackout, the only remaining lights spelling “HELLO WORLD”.

If Permanoob:

Suddenly, the tune changes to the chicken dance. The computer is filled with LOLOLOLOLOLOL… Dr. Jojo walks in on the last notes of the chicken dance and facepalms.

God, that’s great. I loved how you connected Jojo with that.

Also, the hacker sequence is the neatest of them all.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ve learned that it can be quite difficult to anticipate how players will take to a particular gameplay or story feature.

When Episode 1 was launched, a lot of people seemed to be interested in the non-pwning aspects of the gameplay. We got a lot of praise for CutiePie’s mission, and many people enjoyed the short text adventure we launched shortly afterwards.

So when designing E2, we tried to be as versatile as we could within our limited budget and time frame. The opening sequence with Internet Court was one I was really proud of. I loved the Phoenix Wright games, and I thought Jalapeno’s script was hilarious. It took forever to implement (because our tools were not made for cinematics that long) but I thought people would love it.

As it turns out, while some people did enjoy it tremendously, many people found it too long. They quickly got sick of reading the dialog and just wanted to get on with the game. I was quite surprised because it’s much shorter than any trial in Phoenix Wright, and many JRPG games feature FAR longer cut-scenes. It’s kind of dissapointing to me because it’s one of the things I was the most proud of for E2 Log in to see images!

The ending is another thing that surprised me. The original outline for the storyline of Forumwarz was written as one long game with no episodes. Once we decided to go episodic, we had to find logical places to break it up.

Coral Springs was the logical place to end Episode 1, even though Jalapeno had finished the conversation with Kim Shady already. It just seemed epic, and we could throw in a “What the **** have I done?” moment. It seemed to go over really well.

For Episode 2, there was no logical break. We knew that Geronimo! would be the last mission based on how many forums we’d already planned for development, but we didn’t have that same kind of “bang!”

We thought about it for a while, and eventually Jalapeno came up with the idea of the sound effect, which wasn’t in our original story outline. I thought it was an interesting plot device that would leave people curious, so we decided to go with it.

As you can tell by this thread, a lot of people were just like WTF. I guess in retrospect that we could have done something more interesting with some story re-writes.

Episode 1 is mostly about your character learning about the world and how the controls work. Episode 2 is about exposing the storyline. Episode 3 concludes the story. To be honest I was spending more time thinking about the exposition of the underlying story in E2 than the ending. Hopefully it wasn’t so abrupt that it would stop people from wanting to finish the story when the final piece is available.

Evil Trout edited this message on 01/22/2009 10:02AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

If you think the ending is lame now, you should’ve seen what it was when we first started testing Beta.

Same concept, but way shorter, and completely unfunny. “WTF?” applied even more back then.

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Also, I wrote a whole clbum warfare sequence for Episode 3, for each clbum.

I’m too obsessed with this game.

Poasting the walkthrough I wrote later.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

MC Banhammer Posted:

If you think the ending is lame now, you should’ve seen what it was when we first started testing Beta.

Same concept, but way shorter, and completely unfunny. “WTF?” applied even more back then.

In my defense, it was supposed to be more dramatic than funny. Nevertheless, as ET pointed out, there wasn’t really a natural cutoff point to end the second act, and I didn’t really have the time or resources to artificially create one.

However, I can tell you that the third episode will be ****ing epic! And maybe even funny. Because I plan to consult with MCB at every step along the way Log in to see images!

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

when does forumbuilding et cetera start for Episode 3. Ive been a good boy Log in to see images!

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

MC Banhammer Posted:

I finished it back when it was just blocks of text with no cinematic at all Log in to see images! ET was very surprised it was done so fast.

Remember, I was the official first person to finish EP2 (aside CZ staff)! lol

Femline

Avatar: 124524 Fri Jan 23 03:23:48 -0500 2009

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

dobnits Posted:

when does forumbuilding et cetera start for Episode 3. Ive been a good boy Log in to see images!

What kind of stuff do you need to participate?

Femline edited this message on 01/23/2009 3:14PM

-MLF-

Avatar: 83146 Sun Jan 18 18:56:12 -0500 2009

Level 60 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Evil Trout Posted:

The opening sequence with Internet Court was one I was really proud of. I loved the Phoenix Wright games, and I thought Jalapeno’s script was hilarious. It took forever to implement (because our tools were not made for cinematics that long) but I thought people would love it.

As it turns out, while some people did enjoy it tremendously, many people found it too long. They quickly got sick of reading the dialog and just wanted to get on with the game. I was quite surprised because it’s much shorter than any trial in Phoenix Wright, and many JRPG games feature FAR longer cut-scenes. It’s kind of dissapointing to me because it’s one of the things I was the most proud of for E2 Log in to see images!

The court seen was probably my favorite part of the game thus far…

adorkable

[gurls r00l boyz dr-
00l
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

Now all we need is a Maniac Mansion cut scene….Log in to see images!

Big Brother

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Hey, thought I’d contribute my Clbum Warfare plotline branch for Episode 3.

Begin for Permanoobs:

New Contact:GOVERNATOR

So Arnold Scwarzenheimer has decided that he hates the site HAY DID U SEE THIZ??? Apparently they’ve been spreading a nasty (actually rather humorous/stupid) meme parodying his voice. Thus, you must destroy HAY DID U ZEE THIZ??? Protesting does nothing- he’s the governor of California, ****!

New Mission:Benedict Arnie

New Bookmark:HAY DID U SEE THIZ???

Try to pwn HAY DID U SEE THIZ???

Unfortunately, due to the pain of attacking your own people, HAY DID U SEE THIZ deals an instant kill.

New ContactLog in to see images!J. Ratatat$

So it turns out that Jim Ratatat has gotten complaints over the DRM in his games (only a third of his customers had their computers explode!), particularly from the Correcter Corporation Coalition. You must pwn their website and eliminate any sign that such complaints ever existed.

New Ability:Whitewash

New Mission:Selphish Bastard

New Bookmark:Correcter Corporation Coalition.

Pwn CCC

New Item:Thesis (the most useless item in the whole game. You equip it under special items and the only stat it provides is -20 processing power and +5 ego.

New ItemLog in to see images!lame (You gain this due to looking through the CCC’s files. Flame is a meat product similar to Spam. Flame is a consumable item that deals an instant kill to any forum. Attempting to use Flame on anything but HAY DID U SEE THIZ results in being told “No, you mustn’t!” instead.)

Pwn Hay DID U SEE THIZ???

New Item:Authentic Fatalator Arm (Under Special Items, quite powerful. Lots of PP for the hackers and some ego offense for everyone else.)

Will come back with the other clbum’s warfare missions later.

zagerblag

Avatar: 102042 Wed Jun 03 22:55:29 -0400 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 35 Hacker

asdf

Big Brother Posted:

Hey, thought I’d contribute my Clbum Warfare plotline branch for Episode 3.

Begin for Permanoobs:

New Contact:GOVERNATOR

So Arnold Scwarzenheimer has decided that he hates the site HAY DID U SEE THIZ??? Apparently they’ve been spreading a nasty (actually rather humorous/stupid) meme parodying his voice. Thus, you must destroy HAY DID U ZEE THIZ??? Protesting does nothing- he’s the governor of California, ****!

New Mission:Benedict Arnie

New Bookmark:HAY DID U SEE THIZ???

Try to pwn HAY DID U SEE THIZ???

Unfortunately, due to the pain of attacking your own people, HAY DID U SEE THIZ deals an instant kill.

New ContactLog in to see images!J. Ratatat$

So it turns out that Jim Ratatat has gotten complaints over the DRM in his games (only a third of his customers had their computers explode!), particularly from the Correcter Corporation Coalition. You must pwn their website and eliminate any sign that such complaints ever existed.

New Ability:Whitewash

New Mission:Selphish Bastard

New Bookmark:Correcter Corporation Coalition.

Pwn CCC

New Item:Thesis (the most useless item in the whole game. You equip it under special items and the only stat it provides is -20 processing power and +5 ego.

New ItemLog in to see images!lame (You gain this due to looking through the CCC’s files. Flame is a meat product similar to Spam. Flame is a consumable item that deals an instant kill to any forum. Attempting to use Flame on anything but HAY DID U SEE THIZ results in being told “No, you mustn’t!” instead.)

Pwn Hay DID U SEE THIZ???

New Item:Authentic Fatalator Arm (Under Special Items, quite powerful. Lots of PP for the hackers and some ego offense for everyone else.)

Will come back with the other clbum’s warfare missions later.

Why would you give a PP-booster to the Permanoobs? I don’t like the items, especially Flame, but the rest is good.

This sort of reminds me of rom hacking.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!