Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Bans and Illegal Alts

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

King Krimson Posted:

What constitutes an illegal alt?

One other occupant of the house I live in also plays Forumwarz from the same ip address, albeit hardly ever. Since we’re playing from the same home, does it count as legal or illegal?

I realise that this could sound like ‘I have an illegal alt but don’t want to admit it for fear of ruining my reputation’, but honestly, I don’t have that much of a reputation anyway.

Thanks!

I think as long as you communicate the mods and don’t abuse it for stuff like Forumbuildr or Hall of ****, you’re fine. The admins are not really into revealing alts.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

King Krimson Posted:

What constitutes an illegal alt?

One other occupant of the house I live in also plays Forumwarz from the same ip address, albeit hardly ever. Since we’re playing from the same home, does it count as legal or illegal?

I realize that this could sound like ‘I have an illegal alt but don’t want to admit it for fear of ruining my reputation’, but honestly, I don’t have that much of a reputation anyway.

Thanks!

Check out Illegal Alts on the wiki.

I think you’re fine based on what you’ve said.

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

Okay. I’ll continue on as normal then.

Thanks!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

make people verify the email with a login code sent to said email

Honestly the problem is Hotmail. Ever since Forumwarz launched they’ve consider us spam. I’ve jumped through a crazy amount of hoops with them to get our emails approved, and the final conclusion was “We can’t tell you what to change to fix it, sorry.”

We currently have 11k email addresses from Hotmail in our database. We figure it would be much worse to deny those people entry than validate the account.

Remember, our site is not Facebook, we don’t make money based on selling your personal information to other people. In fact, the only personal details we ask about you are your first name, last name and email. The most important reason to use a valid email address here is so we can contact you if need be.

For example, many of our dormant users have expressed an interest in getting an email when Episode 2 comes out. The best way to make sure you get that email is to make sure your email address isn’t asdfasdf@asdfasdf.com Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

gigerth Posted:

MC Banhammer Posted:

I’m also offering a limited amnesty to people with illegal multis. Until let’s say Monday morning US time, you can Tubmail me with the one account you wish to leave active, and I’ll ban the rest. After that, the one won’t even be exempt.

why would you even consider doing such a thing

Sorry for the delay, gigerth.

Believe it or not, we’d like people to enjoy the game and keep playing. That’s why most bans are only temporary.

In this case, the rules on illegal alts were never spelled out so clearly, and there was much confusion over them. While you and I may think it’s obvious that they weren’t okay, based on, say, the chasing down of a particular player’s super-spamming ones, that wasn’t clear to everyone; several of them thought it was the behavior, not the illegality of the alts, which was responsible for the bans.

So, in a sense, the current illegal alts are kind of “first time” offenders. And it’ll be easier to handle these up front, rather than ban them first and deal with them afterwards.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Bumping as the weekend draws near. To hopefully be bumped several times during the weekend so weekend-only players might see this thread.

Arktor

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 10 Camwhore

Medal Ninja

I have an SO who plays once in a blue moon, but I’ve mentioned that a while back. Besides, we both travel a lot (separately), so it should be fairly apparent that we’re different people. I figure it doesn’t hurt to mention again, though.

I AM The SKA-
BOSS

Avatar: 42627 Wed Oct 15 19:08:31 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 28 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

Thanks for letting us know, I got some BP in order to move my Alts.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Late Friday night bump.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Glad to see this information. Not that I have illegal alts.

TUBSWEETIE edited this message on 07/18/2008 9:17PM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Saturday morning bump. Just about 48 hours of amnesty left.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 07/19/2008 10:53AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Saturday night bump.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Sunday morning bump. Amnesty ends in give or take 24 hours

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Sunday night bump. Roughly 12 hours until amnesty expires.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Time’s up. I’m going to start hitting these shortly.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Regarding the thread in Domination about illegal alts and/or permabanned players in Domination brackets. I know that CZ is coding some sort of fix, which is wonderful.

If it’s possible I would still like to know if he had illegals in our raids. I’m not a fan of exposing alts if there is any chance of them rejoining the game, but I think it’s pretty clear from Banhammer’s post that Ronnie won’t be rejoining. Still I don’t care if they are confirmed as his alts or not, just whether they were legal. So is it possible to get a confirmation on …

* Idol Lasher 
    * Nikki Gale 
    * Honey Lennon
    * Gypsy Rose Lee
    * woman's genitalsGalore
    * cheating emo

... I removed the ones I could see the donor smiley or e-peen on.

If they were we illegals we had no freaking clue. He only recently brought alts to raids, it seemed to coincide with his donation for BP, so there was no reason to question it. They all have the same voting status, and there really isn’t anything beyond that for klans to check.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Honestly I don’t see how the onus of policing illegal multis could be on the klan to monitor and enforce. The last somewhat reliable method of determining alts which was the forumbuildr voting percentage was eliminated sometime ago. Sure we can question users as to whether they are bringing illegal multis to the table but they are under no burden to really tell us the truth.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Vuron Posted:

Honestly I don’t see how the onus of policing illegal multis could be on the klan to monitor and enforce. The last somewhat reliable method of determining alts which was the forumbuildr voting percentage was eliminated sometime ago. Sure we can question users as to whether they are bringing illegal multis to the table but they are under no burden to really tell us the truth.

I know. I understood why that change was made, since Flamebate had pretty much become a game of “Oh, that is _____.” and that was horrible for people wanting to role play, but man it has made it a **** for klans. I’ve literally had to ask members to go vote for things enough to change their voting status so I could make sure someone hadn’t just grabbed a name change and was trying to get back in after being booted.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Scully, I’m a bit confused by your question. Let me elaborate.

Someone signs up with Character 1, Character 2, and Character 3. While they may have created Character 1 first, for purposes of “illegal alt banning”, they are all considered illegal.

Let’s continue. The player then uses BP to buy multiple alts on Character 1 (or any of the characters). Those alts are legally bought, and are “legal”, but only in regard to Character 1. However, all the Characters are still illegal, because there are more than one of them.

So it’s hard to answer your question, because from our POV all the accounts were illegal, even though some were legitimately purchased. Does that make sense? And I’m not sure why it matters if any of those specific IDs were legitimately purchased or not.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

from our POV people have a main account, and alts. not a bunch of alts. and essentially when you’re going to let someone come back (as others have) with just one account and on shakey grounds (as pointed out in the clarification,) it makes sense a person would want to return on their main.

Pickled Dickbutt edited this message on 07/22/2008 1:51PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!