Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout Leaderboard E-Peen now awarded by clbum!

Mike Myers

Avatar: 84994 Tue Jan 20 01:00:51 -0500 2009

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

Woops, altfail

Mike Myers edited this message on 04/24/2009 1:18PM

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I think they should’ve stuck to their guns.

I totally agree that you guys should’ve been given the peens. I don’t want to be branded as a “cheater” or whatever for getting a peen that Crotch Zombie specifically allowed. It’s not my fault they made them available.

If they gave the opportunity to some players they should’ve given the opportunity to all players, and left the opportunity there.

This would be different if they’d enacted the fix right away, but since they didn’t, it’s a such bigger problem.

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

plk Posted:

I don’t really agree with that. We can’t know that people who achieved those peens would have kept going for the overall leaderboard. They were specifically shooting for clbum leaderboard spots because they were much more easily attainable. So now they have peens, which they might have never gotten anyway, while the rest of us have to keep grinding and surpbum them by far in order to get the same reward.

What about the people (like you and me) that “lucked” into our unearned peens when the boards were split? Granted, Medal Detector isn’t one that we were going to ever stop aiming for even after we got it, but not everyone who got a clbum based peen was a case of only aiming for the least “x” they *had* to get.

But let’s look at Lester Burnham – lucked into the most forums pwned peen and stopped so others could have a shot. Surely he shouldn’t lose his peen because he decided to be nice and let someone else get it once he did? Especially now that he’s completely screwed for ever getting it…

Samildanach

Avatar: 143751 Tue May 19 21:18:21 -0400 2009

Level 34 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

spacekadt Posted:

What about the people (like you and me) that “lucked” into our unearned peens when the boards were split? Granted, Medal Detector isn’t one that we were going to ever stop aiming for even after we got it, but not everyone who got a clbum based peen was a case of only aiming for the least “x” they *had* to get.

But let’s look at Lester Burnham – lucked into the most forums pwned peen and stopped so others could have a shot. Surely he shouldn’t lose his peen because he decided to be nice and let someone else get it once he did? Especially now that he’s completely screwed for ever getting it…

Pretty much this. Again, I’m new ‘round these parts, but I don’t see letting a handful of players keep a peen they got because of a ill-considered rule change actually hurts other players/the game as a whole to such a degree that it’s worth the harm of removing the peen from those who got it.

Maybe it’s not entirely “fair”, sure. I can see that. But no solution to it will be “fair” either, and letting people keep the peens they picked up doesn’t seem to change a whole lot, compared to the smack in the face of taking it away after giving it to them in the first place.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

spacekadt Posted:

I do not want a peen that I didn’t earn. And like I said, I don’t think that altruism had anything to do with it. Once you achieve the peen, you’re free to stop working for it. I saw JB’s post about stripping peens a month ago, so I didn’t stop going for the peen I was interested in. If I had gotten the most forums pwned peen out of the situation, I would have asked CZ what was going to happen before I started wasting visits.

plk edited this message on 04/24/2009 1:29PM

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Shii Posted:

This would be different if they’d enacted the fix right away, but since they didn’t, it’s a such bigger problem.

3/19 – thread started, leaderboards were separated by clbum

3/27 – jb posts in this thread that it was being reversed on certain boards

8 days is damn near immediate for what we’ve all gotten used to… and it’s certainly not a hug delay when you consider that there was a lot of discussion, both by players and admins, before this decision was made.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

spacekadt Posted:

Well, not like he was ever going to get that anyway…

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

plk Posted:

I do not want a peen that I didn’t earn. And like I said, I don’t think that altruism had anything to do with it. Once you achieve the peen, you’re free to stop working for it. I saw JB’s post about stripping peens a month ago, so I didn’t stop going for the peen I was interested in, especially considering JB’s post about peen stripping. If I had gotten the most forums pwned peen out of the situation, I would have asked CZ what was going to happen before I started wasting visits.

and if you wasted visits before that post?

for the record, I’m fine with my medal detector peen going away – it just sucks for some people that stand to get hurt for doing a legitimately nice thing.

spacekadt

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

Inertia Posted:

Well, not like he was ever going to get that anyway…

Maybe if Ricket ever took a damned vacation or something Log in to see images! Friggin’ board-hog.

( Log in to see images! you Ricket )

Seriously though… there may have been the slightest chance in hell. Now there’s none.

spacekadt edited this message on 04/24/2009 1:32PM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

spacekadt Posted:

and if you wasted visits before that post?

for the record, I’m fine with my medal detector peen going away – it just sucks for some people that stand to get hurt for doing a legitimately nice thing.

It was clear to me that the situation wasn’t settled, so I wouldn’t start wasting visits until I at least tubmailed somebody in CZ and asked about it.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Replacing leaderboard peen with milestone peen would resolve this (the ones where time spent is the *only* deciding factor anyway – which will always be stupid, and impossible to acquire achievements) so interested players can eventually acquire them. Set some more milestone peen which will take alot more effort to acquire. 2500 visits? 5000? If players chose to focus on a different goal, it shouldn’t take long to put in the additional effort required to regain the peen.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

spacekadt Posted:

Maybe if Ricket ever took a damned vacation or something Log in to see images!

No one had a chance, unless I fell into a coma or something. I have a laptop and only take vacations in civilized parts of the world with wireless internet connections. Log in to see images!

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Ricket Posted:

No one had a chance, unless I fell into a coma or something. I have a laptop and only take vacations in civilized parts of the world with wireless internet connections. Log in to see images!

My favorite part about your boardhogging is that you are completely 100% unapologetic about it. If you tried to rationalize it or something it’d **** me off, but you just treat it like a fact of life that will never change, and I respect that. Lol.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I never said I would raise a fuss if the peen was removed. It’s a game, and things are bound to happen. My handful of visits lost is certainly less of an inconvenience than the horrors that have been repeatedly visited onto those going for flezz peens.

What I said was that I didn’t get how/why it could possibly need to take so much time to decide on something that people pointed out on the first day. I also said that I think communicating game based updates in a player created thread is a poor method of communication. I think it is silly to expect players to be checking the blog, twitter, the rules post, the stickies in individual forums and now clearly random player posts for game information.

I’m pretty sure JB can verify that I have a pretty cavalier attitude about peens right now, I recently asked about the possibility of giving away peens I’ve earned as contest prizes.

GS49

Avatar: 45410 Wed Jul 08 18:06:55 -0400 2009

[PONIELADN]

Level 35 Permanoob

“Kapitan Stupidska”

I spent BP on my friendship campaign after JB brushed of criticism as if it was based on “hurt feelings”. Log in to see images!

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I agree, we should have had a more formal announcement, so I’ll apologize for that.

To be honest, I wasn’t even sure how we were going to approach this, so I was merely speculating in my post. Over time, it became more obvious to me that this was the only way to go.

To those few players who quit vying for leadership because they bumumed they’d keep the Peen, I feel for you. The upcoming milestone Peens will reward the vast majority of your efforts.

naughty-mayh-
em

[Board of Directors]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I agree, we should have had a more formal announcement, so I’ll apologize for that.

To be honest, I wasn’t even sure how we were going to approach this, so I was merely speculating in my post. Over time, it became more obvious to me that this was the only way to go.

To those few players who quit vying for leadership because they bumumed they’d keep the Peen, I feel for you. The upcoming milestone Peens will reward the vast majority of your efforts.

Unless the upcoming milestone Peens are going to include stripping all the Leaderboard peens from everyone, it’s not really much of a consolation. Lester may not really care, but I’m very irritated.

But, I suppose every should be used to this from CZ. Being nice to other players after you get the reward you were shooting for gets you punished. Everyone should hog Leaderboards for as long as they can, so they can be sure they keep the reward for topping it and not get punished for being nice to the other players.

Are you guys even capable of determining who has topped the total Leaderboards in the time they were being split, or is everyone who got an ePeen in that time losing it, no matter what they topped?

Inconnu

Avatar: 48966 2011-07-31 19:36:53 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Camwhore

Qui est cette chienne

Ok, guys, so how does it really work now? There was a Big Split, then you rolled back some splits, leaving only those, which are “flezz-based” or “clbum-based”. So.. err… Most Flezz is split, while the Kyoubai peens aren’t? Why?

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Inconnu Posted:

Ok, guys, so how does it really work now? There was a Big Split, then you rolled back some splits, leaving only those, which are “flezz-based” or “clbum-based”. So.. err… Most Flezz is split, while the Kyoubai peens aren’t? Why?

It has been discussed so many times in this thread. Some clbumes have advantage over others in making Flezz, while everyone has relatively equal chance to sell/bid on items.

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

quangntenemy Posted:

It has been discussed so many times in this thread. Some clbumes have advantage over others in making Flezz, while everyone has relatively equal chance to sell/bid on items.

Bid, yes. Sell, no.

One of the most popular items on Kyoubai is the Versnatche EarBleeders. Only CamWhores can purchase those items directly from stores. Therefore, CamWhores have an advantage in that situation.

Is it enough to warrant a Clbum split? I’m honestly not sure. But there is a difference that is Clbum based, and that bears consideration.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!