Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Macho Way to go CZ

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

MC Banhammer Posted:

I saw it, I moved it, and I have no comment.

I mean, what do you want me to say? ET designed the system to serve a purpose, found it was serving other, unintended purposes, and changed it so it didn’t. You don’t like it? Then don’t use it.

Maybe he’ll change his mind. Who knows?

Many people, upon reading something, form what is known as an “opinion”, or a personal belief pertaining to the situation just described.

Also, It’d be nice to know whether this was something that had been talked about at official meetings, or if it would be something that would be brought up at the next one. I guess some kind of statement about whether or not this falls under your definition of “abuse” (which it doesn’t), since the system is flagging them as flezz transfers, when really its something completely different.

Brilliant idea, have “flagged” auctions go to review by mods/admins, instead of just being auto-****ed. That way you can see a three bid item for 6 million and go “flezz transfer” and a 35 bid item (by 8 unique users) for 4 million and go “these guys are dumb but whatever, enjoy your marble”.

And for the record I’m getting pretty ****ing sick of the “oh you don’t like it, don’t play” response. This can’t be CZ official policy on anyone that finds flaw in their methods. I’d get fired if I ever told a customer that complained to me “oh you don’t like our food? Don’t come here then.” good business model guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````````````````````````````````````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

I’d just like to remind you, Hobart, that I’m not on CZ’s payroll. I don’t attend meetings. Sometimes I get to hear about upcoming ideas, and offer input, and sometimes I don’t. But I don’t have any official say.

Maybe someone on staff will come here and address your issues, maybe not. I don’t know. Your attitude sure isn’t going to endear them to your POV, though, this much I know.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

Pluvius

Avatar: 10089 2010-01-24 16:29:03 -0500

[ClansRGay]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Gotta love the people who complain when a game’s developers do something to curtail abuse, instead of complaining about the abusers who ruined it for everyone. Second the request to move this to Whiny ****es.

And yeah, I don’t know why we have Junk auctions.

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

Pluvius Posted:

Gotta love the people who complain when a game’s developers do something to curtail abuse, instead of complaining about the abusers who ruined it for everyone. Second the request to move this to Whiny ****es.

And yeah, I don’t know why we have Junk auctions.

Um…

for fun.

I’ve got 40 million flezz that means nothing, except in this game. If I wanna have fun with it by bidding on useless ****, who is harmed? I grinded hard for that money, I should be able to do what I want with it.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

As I said previously, I’d rather see some sort of manual review than auto-closures on ‘questionable’ auctions.

And if people decide they’d like to start collecting junk, or simply have bragging rights that they paid 4.5 million flezz for Chinese Takeout… then what’s the harm?

Player with this much disposable flezz could be seriously screwing up Kyoubai in other, less noticeable ways. Fighting over a single marble or teddy bear is really mundane and non-harmful.

Are you looking to save some Flezz?

Then stop on by Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

Fetishes, Glbumes, Tattoos & Hardware, all on sale!

Save your hard-earned flezz by shopping at

Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Everyone who is being a whiny **** is avoiding the actual concern of CZ which is transfer of Flezz between accounts, and it doesn’t have to be between alts. Yes you mention between alts which is relatively easy to monitor but what if I asked you for 10 million Flezz in an e-mail and you figured “What the hell”?

Flag auctions all you want it would require a fair deal of investigation to see if a Junk sale is a legitimate screwing around vs buddies helping one another out, or even just giving money to some random n00b for ****s and giggles.

I still say that unique junk sold by CZ itself would be a good sink that cannot be abuse at all.

Dunatis edited this message on 02/01/2009 3:16PM

[15:09] <Dunatis> The US is very good at not getting involved in major worlds wars until the last year or two and then giving itself all the credit

[15:10] <&Phuquit> and it seems to me that the US feels so bad about turning up late for the last 2 world wars that it’s determined to be REALLY punctual for the next one

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

MC Banhammer Posted:

I saw it, I moved it, and I have no comment.

I mean, what do you want me to say? ET designed the system to serve a purpose, found it was serving other, unintended purposes, and changed it so it didn’t. You don’t like it? Then don’t use it.

Maybe he’ll change his mind. Who knows?

fun is the unintended purpose

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

Tesfan Posted:

mbumive truth in this post

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Tesfan Posted:

Okay.

So, what I like to do for fun is change people’s avatars and titles that they paid real money for, with my “free” mod BP. Does that mean I should do it?

I also find it fun to ban people indiscriminately. Should I start with you, because fun is the intended purpose?

It’s a game. There is a desire to maintain balance between players. ET decided that selling marbles for  4 million isn’t balanced. So he changed it. If he finds it is unbalanced in a different direction now, he’ll likely change that as well.

Because that means more fun for more people.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

MC Banhammer Posted:

I also find it fun to ban people indiscriminately. Should I start with you, because fun is the intended purpose?

You’re making the wrong statement, not everybody is a mod thus not everybody is able to ban a player.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Posted:

You’re making the wrong statement, not everybody is a mod thus not everybody is able to ban a player.

Okay.

I find it fun to transfer  4 million Flezz to someone else via a useless item, and they find it fun to transfer it back to an alt of mine the same way, allowing my alt who previously was really lame to buy lots of cool stuff and now be competitive in Domination.

Better?

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay.

I find it fun to transfer  4 million Flezz to someone else via a useless item, and they find it fun to transfer it back to an alt of mine the same way, allowing my alt who previously was really lame to buy lots of cool stuff and now be competitive in Domination.

Better?

Don’t see what’s wrong with that, it’s not like individual character stats do too much for domination anyway. Domination is a lot more than that. (All raiding in which you depend on other characters)

Johnny Mac edited this message on 02/01/2009 3:44PM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay.

Better?

Yeah you’re right banhammer, CZ definitely needs to stop people’s alts from becoming useful.

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay.

Better?

yes. better.

Fortunato Posted:

I Log in to see images!

Lament Posted:

I value your contributions to the FWZ society, and respect your opinions, no matter how much they may vary from my own.

You ****ing fine upstanding member of society.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

FAIL Posted:

Yeah you’re right banhammer, CZ definitely needs to stop people’s alts from becoming useful.

ET makes it quite clear that he doesn’t want people using Kyoubai to transfer flezz.

But okay, whatever. I’m going to shut up now (you see why I didn’t want to comment in this thread in the first place?) until ET posts something. If he does.

MC Banhammer edited this message on 02/01/2009 3:54PM

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

MC Banhammer Posted:

ET makes it quite clear that he doesn’t want people using Kyoubai to transfer flezz.

But okay, whatever. I’m going to shut up now (you see why I didn’t want to comment in this thread in the first place?) until ET posts something. If he does.

Yeah I don’t really know why I made that post, transferring flezz was not the point of our auctions anyway. I don’t really care either way, it just seems like if CZ wanted to control prices they should make a store that auto sets the price in a certain range based on the demand for the products instead of an auction house where people set the price they pay

MasterHaxxor

Level 25 Hacker

“Mafiaboy”

MC Banhammer Posted:

There have been cases of people getting auctions canceled because they were trying to outbid another player just for the sake of outbidding them, with no intention to transfer flezz to mess with the Leaderboards or Dom, this is the only thing that anyone who could be accused of “whining” want stopped. There has been no defense of using auctions to affect any other part of the game, and most of the posters here have made it clear (to me at least) that they don’t want that to happen (or at least agreeing that its the rules and aren’t trying to change them) by saying that it should be flagged instead of automatically canceled and the item and flezz be lost forever. You could even have any auction tagged by the game be held by the game until someone gets a chance to review it, or have someone try to make a case for it being legitimate.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

MC Banhammer Posted:

Okay.

So, what I like to do for fun is change people’s avatars and titles that they paid real money for, with my “free” mod BP. Does that mean I should do it?

Bidding wars between two players do not have any impact on another players game experience. I believe this is the primary point of disagreement.

Kilroy

Avatar: 62524 Fri Dec 26 00:25:59 -0500 2008

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

There is no reason that the marble auction should have gotten marked as abuse. Let the people bid on a ****ing marble if they want to. Kyoubai is a flezz sink, and if someone wants to spend 40 million flezz on a 1 flezz marble, let them.

Jarwain

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 13 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

i thinki may have a simple idea/solutionthingy that basically blends some of you othres ideas together.

make it so you can’t auction Junk.

Then have a moderator or s CZ staff or Evil Trout himself be the only one who can auction off Junk.

but it’s rare junk. like a piece of junk that’s impossible to find anywhere else. NOWHERE ELSE AT ALL!!!

then they start the auction at the retail price and they auction it off. It’ll be a big   sink.

example:

pretend i am a mod okay.

i auction fried balls on the kyoubai. If i sell it to the ppwn shoppe it would only be worth, say, 50  so people start bidding and then they get the rare one of a kind item. while i the fakemod gets some  . well since im a mod, i don’t really need   so it doesn’t matter. Then the people who won the item cant put it up for auction cause it’s useless junk(see above) so they sell it to the PPWn shop for 50  and it gets put back into circulation. back to the mods that is. You drain your flezz for worthless junk. and if only the mod can make duplicates, so be it! noone else would be able to get it otherwise. and if they are doing it for collecting, let them collect these worthless junks.

if you liek my idea, win it. hate it, fail it.

Jarwain edited this message on 02/01/2009 4:40PM

Are you looking to save some Flezz?

Then stop on by Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

The Book that gives you Offense +10, Memoirs of a Hacker Hero now on sale for only 100,000 (Usable by all character clbumes!)

Fetishes, Glbumes, Tattoos & Hardware, all on sale!

And be sure to check out our newest item: Home Surgery Kits!

These personal add-ons can give you the edge you need in those tough battles!

Save your hard-earned flezz by shopping at

Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

i’ve been abducted by the dragonian cult…nuuuu

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!