Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Macho Way to go CZ

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

“01001000 01000001 01011000”

Johnny Mac Posted:

If placed a bid for a thousand dollars for a marble on eBay, would they shut it down?

exactly yeah

http://parrotlol.ytmnd.com/

AntiRules187

Avatar: 79421 Tue May 26 22:06:20 -0400 2009

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

It's actually an honor to be pranked, it means someone spent real money on you. Sir.

Johnny Mac Posted:

If placed a bid for a thousand dollars for a marble on eBay, would they shut it down?

that’s a good question.

Fortunato Posted:

I Log in to see images!

Lament Posted:

I value your contributions to the FWZ society, and respect your opinions, no matter how much they may vary from my own.

You ****ing fine upstanding member of society.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I think CZ are doing their best to make sure the game is fair for all. Kyoubai isn’t perfect but for this case I believe their decision was right. Instead of helping them improve it you guys are just trying to make it worse.

Stop it!

Buying a lot of zomg im so fat.xpeg – 500 each 

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

quangntenemy Posted:

I think CZ are doing their best to make sure the game is fair for all. Kyoubai isn’t perfect but for this case I believe their decision was right. Instead of helping them improve it you guys are just trying to make it worse.

Stop it!

worse because its fun to try to outbid friends? who is here for fun, cz, or US?

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

The abuse detection actually tagged out a real, valid bid for a good .moar file.

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Pavilion Posted:

The abuse detection actually tagged out a real, valid bid for a good .moar file.

Yes but this is a completely different case where the abuse is clear.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

mNeMoNiC aLg0rItHm Posted:

worse because its fun to try to outbid friends? who is here for fun, cz, or US?

us, as in more than 100000 players, or just a few who are abusing the system?

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

quangntenemy Posted:

100000 accts, sure, 100000 players, hardly. as for ‘abuse’ its just people having fun, why does it bother you that people want to have bidding wars for fun?

-that IS the fun of auctions, is the bidding war aspect. or its supposed to be

mNeMoNiC aLg0rItHm edited this message on 02/01/2009 4:01AM

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

and to add to that its clearly not a malicious thing where its all ‘oo, lets all make sure this one peep is richer than anyone else’

although if people wanted to do that i think it should be allowed.

if this was ebay it would really crash and burn with the policies in place on kyoubai.

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Wow, if you really like outbidding friends, I’m pretty sure Evil Trout can create more junk auctions for you guys to bid on soon. It’ll be fun Log in to see images!

Pavilion

Avatar: 74903 2011-07-31 00:19:12 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

100000 accts, sure, 100000 players, hardly. as for ‘abuse’ its just people having fun, why does it bother you that people want to have bidding wars for fun?

-that IS the fun of auctions, is the bidding war aspect. or its supposed to be

Well, it could be seen as solely a transfer of Flezz (as a high bid on a very cheap item), which I believe was not the intention of Kyoubai.

Nicco

Avatar: 24745 2011-07-31 00:34:23 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Troll

Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco Nicco

**** you guys i really wanted the marble

mNeMoNiC aLg-
0rItHm

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 33 Hacker

Pavilion Posted:

Well, it could be seen as solely a transfer of Flezz (as a high bid on a very cheap item), which I believe was not the intention of Kyoubai.

i just dont see why anyone even cares, so what if people wanna spend a zillion on some stupid item..then they can go make more money.

its not like its gonna ever seriously affect the ‘economy’ of the game

-if its to help some noob even, i mean, who really cares? its gonna happen anyways on smaller levels

mNeMoNiC aLg0rItHm edited this message on 02/01/2009 4:43AM

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

i just dont see why anyone even cares, so what if people wanna spend a zillion on some stupid item..then they can go make more money.

its not like its gonna ever seriously affect the ‘economy’ of the game

-if its to help some noob even, i mean, who really cares? its gonna happen anyways on smaller levels

I agree. If there were more times that Flezz changed hands, or more competition for scarce resources, then this might be an issue. Besides auctions, though, there’s essentially no financial interaction between players, so there’s really no economy to be hurt.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

I’d agree that it is possible ause for someone to bid 50million Flezz on an auction for a marble so that their buddy could suddenly have all the equipment they want. A newly uncheated character or any new character could get enough to buy all the .moars they could want and all the best equipment like this.

However at a certain point yes, let people waste Flezz in making up senseless auctions for the greatest marble in the world. Hell, put unique junk on the market from ET so that noone gets the Flezz and we can have a sink for a mystical “used condom” junk and you can be the sole owner of one.

Since the concern is transfer of Flezz vs fun factor that’s a possible solution, or the seller could be checked to see if they are level 35 since at that point, Flezz is ultimately irrelevant. Yes they could buy .moars or equipment, but 10$ says they already have everything that they need or could easily grind to get it.

There’s got to be a happy medium here people.

[15:09] <Dunatis> The US is very good at not getting involved in major worlds wars until the last year or two and then giving itself all the credit

[15:10] <&Phuquit> and it seems to me that the US feels so bad about turning up late for the last 2 world wars that it’s determined to be REALLY punctual for the next one

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

quangntenemy Posted:

Hmm, I’m kind of on the fence on this one. I can see part of both sides.

But let me ask you something, Q. How do these auctions interfere with the fun of the 99% of the player base that aren’t involved in them?

As far as why the system is automated, my guess is that the workload of manually monitoring auctions would be too much for an already overworked staff.

And I can see the fun in blowing through flezz on stupid stuff. I’m an American, and I see my fellow Americans do it every day. How hasn’t played a game of Monopoly were you had such a commanding lead in the game, you were offering stupid prices for virtually useless properties? ”Hey, dude, I’ll give you $10,000 for Baltic Avenue, just so I have this whole corner of the board!”

My thought would be to simply flag any user that was making such an obscene bid or sale, so that someone could review it manually. Or even if the Auction itself could have a publicly viewable flag, with a warning and an option for a Bidder or the Seller to send in an explanation about why it’s not abuse.

Auto-shutting auctions really isn’t the best option, and I’m hoping its simply temporary.

Personally, I don’t see the point of allowing Junk to be auctioned in the first place. Other than these auctions in question, are people really paying more for the Junk than a player would get for selling it in the Ppwn Shoppe?

Acid Flux edited this message on 02/01/2009 10:18AM

Are you looking to save some Flezz?

Then stop on by Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

Fetishes, Glbumes, Tattoos & Hardware, all on sale!

Save your hard-earned flezz by shopping at

Acid Flux’s Country Kitchen and Flea Market!

CoreyJess

Avatar: 2355 2015-02-10 15:56:06 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Pie cannot hide overwhelming naughtiness!

FAIL Posted:

Hobart the koala is mine, back off son

We’ll see who’s doing nasty things to this koala when the auction ends…son.

Oh, and this **** is signed. Cutting off alt flezz transfers is one thing, but if two players want to have a ****ing contest over a marble or stuffed koala, let ‘em.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Bumping because the thread got moved, meaning a mod saw it, but no comment was made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````````````````````````````````````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON
NINJA TURTLE COMING SOON

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Hobart Bliggity Posted:

Bumping because the thread got moved, meaning a mod saw it, but no comment was made.

I saw it, I moved it, and I have no comment.

I mean, what do you want me to say? ET designed the system to serve a purpose, found it was serving other, unintended purposes, and changed it so it didn’t. You don’t like it? Then don’t use it.

Maybe he’ll change his mind. Who knows?

MC Banhammer edited this message on 02/01/2009 12:57PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Acid Flux Posted:

Personally, I don’t see the point of allowing Junk to be auctioned in the first place. Other than these auctions in question, are people really paying more for the Junk than a player would get for selling it in the Ppwn Shoppe?

Once I’ve got an optimal .moar set, I intend to start collecting statues and cats.

Also, perhaps the auction house could start tracking the selling price of items. If something sells for more than two standard deviations above the average, then the auction should be flagged for review. Otherwise it’s within the realm of normal bidding.

That would keep auctions for Pink Floyd or Useless from being blocked in spite of selling for more than 100x their retail value.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!