Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Personally I wouldn’t really mind a monthly fee, but I’m not sure how that could work if they intend to have some free content in ep2.

I think they should have the “guardian” system that Adventure Quest has…albeit, I never payed that fee, because there were limited server slots for “free” users and I never got to try it out enough to pay for it.

Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 03/30/2008 8:00PM

Blaourf

Level 19 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

Keeping the game free and selling stuff besides does sound like the better alternative, I would definitely buy a shirt or a coffe mug (where better to put tasty vanilla scoops ?) as I can wear/use them, but paying for playing the game after episode 1 would be a definite no for me.

Even more if episode 2 is as short as ep.1. With 10 days (at most) to finish it, a 10 bucks subscription would put the fun at one dollar a day.

Out of curiosity (and to give ET some ideas for the future), what forumwarz related items would you be ready to buy ? (while writing this I just realized that there would be plenty of fun merchandise to make from the useless junk items Log in to see images! Blaourf edited this message on 03/31/2008 7:23PM

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I think ET said it wouldn’t be subscription fee, but a one time fee. Which is a better way to go, imo.

****twig113

Level 27 Troll

“Gaping Asshole”

sorry the reason why i played this because of the humor and the fact its free. but if it becomes must pay, you can count me as GONE

Blaourf

Level 19 Emo Kid

“Moan-a Lisa”

Balloon Posted:

I think ET said it wouldn’t be subscription fee, but a one time fee. Which is a better way to go, imo.

A one time fee until they’re out of cash and make another one… Come to think of it, and unless they don’t intend the game to go much further than episode 2 I can’t see how they could make it work with a one time fee in the lon run, so a couple other ways of income would help keep the game alive when all the one time fees are paid and spent, right ? Log in to see images!

Thomasmo

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

To be honest i wouldn’t pay. Forumwarz is a good time waster and well its browser based. I’ve been thinking about donating for another character. But for a whole new episode? No thanks.

h0tzenpl0tz

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

i would and will pay, just finished episode I and dont know what to do with my life…

DRIP drop DROOOL baz!

loli_fapper_-
kita_111

Level 14 Re-Re

Laaaaaame, what’s the point paying for something when you can download it for free ? Copy the forumwarz website on your computer and you can play all day long for nothing.

BTW, no pay whatsoever for me, I’having fun here, I’ll have fun somewhere else when the money collectors come.

frost_maze

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

If it’s not too expensive, then why not? It’s just like any other game that people buy for their consoles/PCs. They only last for so long and then the game is dumped into some box or another. Unfortunately, having to pay might lose some of the player base since not *everybody* has access to a money source of their own. Especially if they have to rely on their parents’ credit card on which the horrible names appear, which would be embarbuming to say the least… well to some. I, for one, *would* pay but can’t.

Neurotic Nin-
ja

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

PIMPTASTIC-FROTH Posted:

We know that Evil Trout, and the crew that makes this game, have at least entertained the idea of making Episode 2 “pay-to-play”:

link here.

If it comes down to it, would you pay to play this game?

Personally, I would. A big reason I never got into games like City of Heroes or WoW was the cost, as well as the free nature of Guild Wars. But FWZ is not only interesting enough to pay for, but it eat up as much time as other games.

But unfortunately, I don’t have access to Paypal, so it would have to be via cash or money order.

I’d pay, but I’d hope to get something like more turns out of it… otherwise… I don’t know that paying would be worth it for me…. that’s mostly just because I barely make enough money to cover rent at the moment so if they started charging to play I would not be able to afford it.

MapleSirup

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I wouldn’t pay, unless they would remove all the advertisements and add some more funny original content

HornyWetVixen

Level 6 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

****twig113 Posted:

sorry the reason why i played this because of the humor and the fact its free. but if it becomes must pay, you can count me as GONE

I absolutely agree with this ****wig. This game is awsome and really fun, but pay to play? I don’t think so. If you can’t play free, count me out and i’m guessing about….........~50% or more would agree with me. So asta lavista if I have to pay to play.

loli_fapper_-
kita_111

Level 14 Re-Re

Whatever the outcome of pay or no pay, i’d rather see what episode 2 would look like before even considering the matter though.

So where’s episode 2 btw ?

By the time it comes out everybody will have enough cred to jump to level 20 and finish it in 3 days anyway, what’s the point of talking about paying for 3 days of unfunnily easy play ?

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

loli_fapper_kita_111 Posted:

Whatever the outcome of pay or no pay, i’d rather see what episode 2 would look like before even considering the matter though.

So where’s episode 2 btw ?

By the time it comes out everybody will have enough cred to jump to level 20 and finish it in 3 days anyway, what’s the point of talking about paying for 3 days of unfunnily easy play ?

I’m sure they’ve taken that into consideration, and that’s why they haven’t decided how cred-transition into ep2 will work yet.

I think ET has mentioned that there will be free stuff to ep2. And since ET mentioned, when hiring a new programmer, that one of the perks would be working on ep2…it’s probably a ways off.

asdf1337

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

BLOODY****INGHELLNO

Odalisque

Avatar: 24438 2011-07-31 00:23:47 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 40 Emo Kid

DAAAAAAANG, SHE FLY

I forgot to reply to this. So “yes”. All the cool kids are paying already by way of Brownie points. And I think they (we) are having more fun than those who aren’t.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Well, for one thing, I have no idea what, if any, new features we’ll see. So it’s difficult to say whether I’d pay or how much I’d pay. One thing I would expect is brownie points to be included in the price of admission.

Another troubling aspect is that we’d lose a lot of people. Some people I wouldn’t mind losing, but others I’d miss . . . and I might not be interested in paying if those people were gone . . . so . . .

On the third hand, this is a web game with no real in game interaction between players.

One thing I could see is selling console and mobile clients for a small fee. Sure, the web client would still be available, but I bet some folks would shell out $5 for a dedicated client for their iPhone, especially if it meant more responsiveness when not on a wifi network. Maybe a lot of folks, once it hits the App Store. This is the course I’d recommend, and it’d cost $100 to get the app (and unlimited other apps as you want to develop) into the iPhone App store.

So, my answer is a great big “depends”, like what I’m wearing right now.

Fook mi

Avatar: 38190 Sat Jan 17 06:06:58 -0500 2009

[International Comm-
ittee of Doctors
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

As it stands no, this game is fantastic but I would not pay for it. Chuck in more advertising if need be.

manimal

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I would definitely shell out a few more bucks.

At first I thought like many of you do: “It’s an internet pick-up-and-play game, pretty fun way to spend 30 minutes a day but that’s about it”

But after being here a few months, I am really impressed by the amount of effort CZ puts in to making sure this is a high quality, entertaining, funny game that is constantly improving.

I also like how laid back the admins/mods are, and how there is a designated place for RPing (which is awesome) with very few rules.

Plus all of CZ seem like cool, down to earth people that I wouldn’t mind sharing a few beers with. Since I live thousands of miles away from Canada, I donate so they can buy some.

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

I agree with manimal on all things.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!