Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Poll [CLOSED] Episode 2: Would you Pay?

Finch

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

loli_fapper_kita_111 Posted:

Good point.

t’would be fun to be able to play the forums in that forumbuildr section though, even if just to get some XPs…

You already can. Click on the forum name then ‘Play this Forum!’

Or is there something about your post that i’m missing?

loli_fapper_-
kita_111

Level 14 Re-Re

Nope you’re not missing anything, thanks for the info.

I’m just a stupid re-re Log in to see images!

Schmaluk

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

No point in going there though: you can’t get past level 10, and I never got any lemon sherbet scoops for pwning a forum ‘in record time’ there.

So you have to stick with always the same forums if you want to earn enough scoops to compete in the domination thing, and after 4 days I’m already bored like hell.

As for the pay2play thing, not a chance in the ****ing world, there’s thousands of flash games and cool free stuff on the net so no point in paying IMO.

I would buy a shirt though, and I would love a make your own shirt or wallpaper option based on the game and all the memes it derives.

Were I an emo-kid I would surely die for a “YOU PWNED THE ****TY FORUM OF LIFE IN RECORD TIME, you’ve earned a lemon sherbet scoop” shirt.

But as a good troll I will settle for “YOU FAPPED OVER YOUR KEYBOARD 12 TIMES IN A ROW, you’ve earned a pistachio scoop, the one you ate 4 months ago and let roll behind your desk”.

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

It’s not hard to get them in record time. I keep my index finger over the “1” on my keyboard for after pwning a thread. As it tells me the thread died, I scroll my mouse over to the next attack I’m going to do (thinking ahead). Sure I could use the keyboard for all ym controls but this works fine for me. I net 10 lemons the other day, almost 11.

Anyway, needless threadjack.

I can understand not wanting to pay though, I really do. I myself haven’t given them any money, and believe me, I’m certainly not poor. Thought about buying Friend of Forumwarz plutonium level (which, personally, I would think should have a glowing green color- even if it is a slivery white… I equate uranium with yellow). But I am stingy, and haven’t given them a dime. Maybe one of these days, bam, zoom, straight to the moon.

DarknessOnTh-
eEdgeOfTown

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’d pay. A lot of cool work went into this, and a lot of fun has been had, for free, by me. Would rather Mr. Trout et al were compensated in some small way by us rather than players and creators getting increasingly ****ed off about servers blowing and lagtimes between updates and then it just being abandoned with an ‘Episode 3 Coming Soon!’ sign up on the website forever….

This is worth paying for. How much, I dunno, but I’d kick in five bucks a month, sure.

Sxxy_Saide_69

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

i liek this game, but not enuf 2 pay.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I really hope that they work out mail-orders by the time ep2 comes around – it would help them keep a lot of users who don’t have/want credit cards/paypal/etc.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

ALSO A male reproductive organSUCKING ****WAD

So I read the first three pages of this topic (read: glanced over the content and didn’t bother to process much if anything) and came to the following thought:

What if there were a middle ground, a la the ‘free(insert desirable expensive electronic device name here).com’ or the ‘(insert some other technically free browser game that offers incentive for clicking links daily)’ deal where there is a page of sponsored links (I’m partial to a tab that reads: ‘two dolla tricks’Log in to see images! of pay-per-click ads?

In the short term, for any given player, it isn’t much revenue. However, with as many bumholes as we already have here (especially ones like me that don’t want to keep wasting tenbux) over a moderate time period, it’d maybe be a decent way for people to generate revenue.

Keep track of clicks with some sort of clever moniker like ‘miser points’ or some such, and figure out some metric whereby you can equate miser points to tenbux and figure out how many links a random schmuck must click in order to get the pay-to-play content.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Well, I’m pretty sure ET has mentioned that there will still be free content in ep2, but that there will definitely be something to pay for. They haven’t worked out what they want to do yet, or at the very least, don’t want to share. Log in to see images!

protagonist

[Kings-O-Douche]

Level 13 Troll

Julian is a homo

I donated, I’m not buying a ****ty expansion pack.

How about this. They release it for free, if we like it, we donate what we can. Sound fair?

funkytowel

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

protagonist Posted:

I donated, I’m not buying a ****ty expansion pack.

How about this. They release it for free, if we like it, we donate what we can. Sound fair?

Sounds stupid. Who in there right mind pays for something they can get for free? no one.

d35tiny

Level 12 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Developer’s work is not volunteer work. They must win their money out of something.

It’s not a bad idea, as long as episode 1 remains free.

X23

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

So I read the first three pages of this topic (read: glanced over the content and didn’t bother to process much if anything) and came to the following thought:

What if there were a middle ground, a la the ‘free(insert desirable expensive electronic device name here).com’ or the ‘(insert some other technically free browser game that offers incentive for clicking links daily)’ deal where there is a page of sponsored links (I’m partial to a tab that reads: ‘two dolla tricks’Log in to see images! of pay-per-click ads?

In the short term, for any given player, it isn’t much revenue. However, with as many bumholes as we already have here (especially ones like me that don’t want to keep wasting tenbux) over a moderate time period, it’d maybe be a decent way for people to generate revenue.

Keep track of clicks with some sort of clever moniker like ‘miser points’ or some such, and figure out some metric whereby you can equate miser points to tenbux and figure out how many links a random schmuck must click in order to get the pay-to-play content.

That would be a good idea if they implemented a pay system. If you could have it as a point system, you could have a leaderboard thing for clicks, so people would click more to get to the top of something.

Deinarious

Level 15 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I honestly didn’t have the attention span to read through all of the pages in this thread, but I would have to say that I more than likely wouldn’t pay to play.

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

X23 Posted:

That was my thinking as well. If you link e-Peen to ad clicks, the obsessives will likely click on every add possible.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

DOPE-HARDCORE-0 Posted:

That was my thinking as well. If you link e-Peen to ad clicks, the obsessives will likely click on every add possible.

Great idea, except: Almost all internet advertisers specifically forbid you from encouraging click fraud. Google’s Ad-sense is also very good at detecting erroneous clicks and click fraud and will not pay referrers for those clicks.

markchd edited this message on 03/30/2008 3:39PM

rodya

Level 15 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I’d be willing to pay $5, probably. $10 if it was a pretty huge expansion and allowed for more than 5 minutes of play per day.

But if it’s just like the current game, which I like, it’s only a few minutes a day. I don’t really want to pay a lot of money for it. And if it’s a monthly fee, obviously I would never do it.

BlueJaybird

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I likely would pay, as long as the fee is no more than around $10, maaaaaybe $15, cos as an Englishman, i’d only be paying £5-£7.50. Also, a lot of work went in to this awesome game, so it’s pretty worth it, in my opinion Log in to see images!

DOPE-HARDCOR-
E-0

[Team Shortbus]

Level 37 Troll

markchd Posted:

True enough. Most sites I’ve seen that are supported as such limit you to one click per ad per day, which seems to make people less upset.

NawtyFish

[WEG0TPAID]

Level 21 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

If there’s a mandatory fee to pay, we’d damn well better get more forum visits per day, and moar stuff.

If it’s a one time fee and we would be getting more forum visits and stuff, sure why not.

If it’s a monthly fee, **** no, not worth it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!