Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Did the Flezz economy just get raped overnight?

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

you have to be at the level of the forums you pwn, at worst, 2 levels below the difficulty of the forum, anything over that and the forums cannot be pwned

I dunno if it’s cus you’re a troll, but I pwned second wife before geronimo. It took a long time but it wasn’t really hard, think I was in early 20s.

so wtf

BlankTH edited this message on 11/15/2008 10:11AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Can we have a game that isn’t broken from top to bottom, please? I’m fast losing patience with this ****. One change at a time isn’t going to cut it when a wholesale rebalance is required.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

SiCk BaLiN D-lUx Posted:

Evil Trout has ended the artificially high economy of mid-2008. We are now returning to the way things were meant to be.

Almost. The problem is that there seems to be a point at which charisma stops doing anything, so while camwhores had an advantage pulling down flezz in ep1 that’s not the case in ep2.

Also, I would like to make a correction: On the same day, pwning the same forums with the same number of visits, my friend’s 7cha emokid (Not ~20cha, as I stated before) got the exact same items as my 58cha camwhore. This was about as controlled as we could get things, but if somebody wants to do multiple trials to test it for themselves they’re more than welcome to do so.

TL;DR: ****’s ****ed.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Can we have a game that isn’t broken from top to bottom, please? I’m fast losing patience with this ****. One change at a time isn’t going to cut it when a wholesale rebalance is required.

Balancing the game’s economy is a very hard thing to do. It’s ludicrous to expect that you could sit in a room and create a “wholesale rebalance” that would make everything balance out perfectly.

The system I use now is to gather statistics over time from thousands of players, make adjustments to the game and see how it plays out.

This is actually the 4th or 5th adjustment I’ve made to money leakage (although probably the most drastic since the cap on junk) — it’s no surprise that there has been a huge glut of Flezz into the economy. People are earning much more than they’re spending and that has to be addressed.

Sorry if it ****es you off, but in the long run it’s for the best of the game and the players. Maybe it was fun for you to earn a ridiculous amount of money in the game and having nothing to spend it on, but most people wouldn’t feel the same way.

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

Here comes recession. ****.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Almost. The problem is that there seems to be a point at which charisma stops doing anything, so while camwhores had an advantage pulling down flezz in ep1 that’s not the case in ep2.

Also, I would like to make a correction: On the same day, pwning the same forums with the same number of visits, my friend’s 7cha emokid (Not ~20cha, as I stated before) got the exact same items as my 58cha camwhore. This was about as controlled as we could get things, but if somebody wants to do multiple trials to test it for themselves they’re more than welcome to do so.

TL;DR: ****’s ****ed.

Yes I’m aware that some of the caps mean that charisma is not effective as its high levels would lead you to believe. Those stats will be brought into line too!

As I said in the previous post, balance is an ongoing process.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Evil Trout Posted:

Yes I’m aware that some of the caps mean that charisma is not effective as its high levels would lead you to believe. Those stats will be brought into line too!

As I said in the previous post, balance is an ongoing process.

Oh, no, you took that the wrong way. Sorry, I should have worded it better.

I was simply establishing how drastic the cap actually IS in an attempt to get people to stop BAWWWing about the camwhore’s alleged godlike income powers. I was also pointing out that the change has been noticed, and that it is a matter of concern.

I’ve got 700k flezz, the best equipment available, and a max daily consumable upkeep of about 2k. I’m in no real rush, but lower level camwhores aren’t so lucky. Since camwhore eq costs about twice as much as other clbumes, it doesn’t take a lot of thought to realize that mid-level camwhores are going to be facing a seriously uphill fight.

But like I said: I, personally, have no real reason to care about the changes. Heck, in a few days I can pay Haxl a visit and bump my Ego up from 165 (PruneServ + Deluxe Paperclip bumistant Suite v9.0 [2 CDs].exec + Fr4gGingR1teZ 2020 male reproductive organblaster™ Premier Xtreem™ Edition + Tonsil Regeneration + 5ego base) to over 1k so I can absorb the odd hit or two while pwning forums at the cost of a few rounds.

On a highly unrelated note, Experimental Vaginoplasty is actually pretty useless; with the best equipment (No .moar files) and no levels in sexiness, it brings my sexiness to 1035 from 935. I don’t know how the other clbumes’ surgeries fare, but I’m getting more millage out of the permanoob surgery.

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

I think it’s a good change honestly Log in to see images!

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

I’m kinda ****ed too (I’ve collected junk on several alts because I haven’t invested points in frug and am to lazy to change equipment every day) but the changes make sense and were necessary, so I approve. It’s not like I’m poor now. Log in to see images!

BlankTH

Avatar: 26180 Wed Nov 19 19:43:39 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Is gay for looming

When it comes to us earning more than we spend, well at least for us camwhores trying to balance that out is futile. I’m lv 35 and I never use any consumables, the only flezz I ever spend is on gamblebot and repairs once in a blue moon. So putting all these caps is really just making life hell on the flezz leaderboard, and for lower level players. The players at the top of the leaderboard are just gonna be harder to get past now because of all these changes being made.

tl;dr: These changes are screwing everything up.

BlankTH edited this message on 11/15/2008 12:47PM

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

Evil Trout Posted:

People are earning much more than they’re spending and that has to be addressed.

Could this be addressed by giving us more things to spend Flezz on at some point? Once you buy all your gear, it just sort of piles up. I spend maybe 16k on repairs and that’s still less than the current Venus price. Decreasing the flow of flezz into the game is all well and good, but it doesn’t seem to solve the problem of there being very little flow out. Some sort of flezz sink, with bumociated Peen or some other non-monetary reward would go a long way, and would probably make make people happier than continually ramping back deliveries.

P-doggie

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Fine, fine. I see the reason, and the point.

Any one else think gear prices need to be rebalanced? 1,000,000F for my best tattoo now means well over a week of grinding. Also, high-end consumables are more than overpriced in this economy.

UnlimitedANC

Avatar: 62422 Tue Nov 11 20:35:45 -0500 2008

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

Evil Trout Posted:

People are earning much more than they’re spending and that has to be addressed.

Here’s the reason, and thanks for explaining it, monsieur komissar. Unfortunately, an adequate solution has not presented itself. Allow me to take a shot at some options.

1. E-Peen granting Flezz Sink: Possibly a Cabbage just suggested this, and it’s all good. Have some sort of mechanism: a store, sTalk bot, something, wherein one could trade in certain amounts of Flezz for an incrementally increasing e-peen series. If we can have chains of e-peens for “over 9000 forums pwned in a row” etc., then this would be reasonable. Also, most of the players here are total whores for e-peens.

2. Obscenely (i.e. fairly) expensive Flezz Brownie Points: I know brownie points are one of CZ’s ways to earna little back for their hard work on the game, but hear me out – 1 brownie point per say 1 mil. in flezz would be a nice way to pay back some of your hard-working and ever-grinding players.

3. A leveling store: Simply put, at high levels it gets very specially tiresome grinding Geronimo and Second Wife everyday. The jump from 25 to 30 was cake, and now 30-35 is taking goddamned forever. It’s tedious, and moreover, you can’t get any cred back via item deliveries through it due to the current balances. So how about a store where you can buy +cred, or more directly, specific +attribute points for Flezz? It’d certainly give me a much better reason to gamble my hard-whored flezz than the ten daily antifreeze scoops.

Here’s hoping one of these sticks. Thanks boss.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

UnlimitedANC Posted:

2. Obscenely (i.e. fairly) expensive Flezz Brownie Points: I know brownie points are one of CZ’s ways to earna little back for their hard work on the game, but hear me out – 1 brownie point per say 1 mil. in flezz would be a nice way to pay back some of your hard-working and ever-grinding players.

While I don’t think that creating BP through any means other than donations are a good idea, necessarily, I think that the game would be well served by the creation of some sort of player economy. If there was a secure way to exchange your flezz for somebody else’s BP, and the game took a certain cut of the exchange as taxes, that would be a good way to sink some flezz.

Say, I spend 2 million flezz on your 3 BP to make an alt, and the game taxes 5%, that’s 100,000 flezz out of the game. Similar sorts of taxation could be added onto transactions involving .moar files, when the system to buy and sell .moar files gets implemented, which may well sink a LOT of flezz.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Since we’re now making suggestions – reposted from the other thread:

Leaderboard tax. If you’re at the top of a leaderboard, you pay a tax. An incentive not to leaderboard hog, to balance your peen incentive to hog, which as an added bonus removes flezz from the top end of the economy. You get the peen, and you pay some flezz for it. It needn’t be a large tax, just enough for players to slowly catch up, while players at the top try to avoid the tax. Crude, but something this economy is lacking at the moment – a few checks and balances.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Flezz sinks are coming too, actually.

We’ve been throwing around the idea of expensive E-Peen™ or items for a while, we just have to make it stick.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Evil Trout Posted:

Balancing the game’s economy is a very hard thing to do. It’s ludicrous to expect that you could sit in a room and create a “wholesale rebalance” that would make everything balance out perfectly.

The system I use now is to gather statistics over time from thousands of players, make adjustments to the game and see how it plays out.

This is actually the 4th or 5th adjustment I’ve made to money leakage (although probably the most drastic since the cap on junk) — it’s no surprise that there has been a huge glut of Flezz into the economy. People are earning much more than they’re spending and that has to be addressed.

Sorry if it ****es you off, but in the long run it’s for the best of the game and the players. Maybe it was fun for you to earn a ridiculous amount of money in the game and having nothing to spend it on, but most people wouldn’t feel the same way.

oh is that so? i guess thats why i pwned second wife 12 times and didnt even get enough to cover my repairs?

-aslo i realize you now have to pwn diff forums to get more gifts but it seems way off to me. way, way off

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER edited this message on 11/15/2008 3:54PM

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

crayoncakes Posted:

I think it’s a good change honestly Log in to see images!

I never had to buy drugs during episode 2 even on the last forum.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I disagree with a leaderboard tax. Anything specifically designed to penalize those who have tried hardest makes zero sense. Also, that is just the happy sunshine equivalent of what would have happened had the cred peen been left in place – it would have been a pointless thing that everyone had. (I mean seriously, I was able to get it on 10 of my 12 characters.)

As it is there are very few things to work for in this game, and half of those available are subject to simple cheat manipulation.

On the flip side, I would love to see a choice option put in place that naturally encouraged an alternate strategy. I mentioned this weeks ago in another thread. Some kind of flezz donation thing that offered peens for different flezz donation levels, maybe 5 levels of donor, but no max donation benefit. Very simply a goal that works in a counter productive way to the max flezz goal.

EDIT: ninja’d by the Trout.

scully edited this message on 11/15/2008 4:01PM

Archduke Ter-
ry

Level 12 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!