Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Did the Flezz economy just get raped overnight?

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

Flezz sink peen would take the form of a series of increasing tiers (2m , 5m , 10m , 20m , etc… ) so it’s a long term solution.

Another thing that could cost money – access to ‘rare’ forums Trident, Pony:Kids, PP:ROTM, non clbum specific forums for those who want. Something about only being able to visit the forums via a proxy or under an alias of some kind.

Storm****er

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

UnlimitedANC Posted:

2. Obscenely (i.e. fairly) expensive Flezz Brownie Points: I know brownie points are one of CZ’s ways to earna little back for their hard work on the game, but hear me out – 1 brownie point per say 1 mil. in flezz would be a nice way to pay back some of your hard-working and ever-grinding players.

I would agree with this, and I have the most obvious and idiotic reasons for that. I’m a teenager living in a poor country. I don’t have the opportunity on giving 10$ to play EP2(that would mean going through some crazy bureaucratic **** and asking my parents for permission for having a credit card). When the price of one BP is around 1,000,000, only dedicated players from other “societies” like mine would be able to purchase them. Thus, it’s not like you are going to lose any actual money (if you put a high enough amount of Flezz needed for one Brownie), yet I’d like the game more, and refer your site to other people (some of whom would be happy to give actual money).

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Flezz sink peen would take the form of a series of increasing tiers (2m , 5m , 10m , 20m , etc… ) so it’s a long term solution.

Another thing that could cost money – access to ‘rare’ forums Trident, Pony:Kids, PP:ROTM, non clbum specific forums for those who want. Something about only being able to visit the forums via a proxy or under an alias of some kind.

Please no. Clbum specific forums are one p. awesome thing.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

I’m sorry, but what the hell are you guys doing with your emos and trolls that they can’t earn the max delivery? I can earn max delivery on every character. I don’t have a noob, so I can’t say how that does, but it is the challenge clbum, so I don’t think that is really a big deal.

Max delivery + earnings from jobs. That’s another 70k or so per day. This in itself is a reason why the top of the flezz leaderboard is unlikely to change in the near future – players going for the job points peen, who already have the flezz peen.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

And it is still a stupid idea. We need a better and more challenging game, not more “achievements”.

Theo de Raadt

Avatar: 72133 Fri Jan 02 12:04:19 -0500 2009

[Late Yak Sectarian]

Level 31 Hacker

My brain is so full of **** that I have to spew it on Flamebate so I don't have to suffer a lobotomy

More shops, more expensive items to buy.

More **** to waste   on.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

meeeeeeeeee Posted:

Max delivery + earnings from jobs. That’s another 70k or so per day. This in itself is a reason why the top of the flezz leaderboard is unlikely to change in the near future – players going for the job points peen, who already have the flezz peen.

Yes, this is absolutely true and for active endgame players this requires a sacrifice. You cannot job board and pistachio loop. Yes, a player can win without pistachio in most brackets, but certainly not in all. Additionally, there have definitely been days when twelve 5 point jobs are not available, this means either sacrificing job points or solo vanilla. (Yes, I know this only applies to Dom players.)

Overall, I just think that by definition a “leaderboard” should not hold a built in penalty. Some outside adjustment factor should be chosen instead.

Look at it from the perspective of other “leaderboards”. Would it make any sense if the person with the highest Forumbuildr score was taxed a submission each day they held the top spot? Or the top forums pwned was taxed a visit each day? Or most INCIT wins had one of their posters deleted daily? I need all of those peens, but I’m very aware that something like that would be an awful idea. Over time it leads to a base where everyone has everything and there is no reason to put in the effort because you can just plod along and someone else will eventually be penalized enough to hand you what you want.

Outside goals that force a player to choose/sacrifice make more sense. Yes, that means someone can choose to hog a board, but in choosing to do so, they must sacrifice achieving some alternate goal. The type of player who only does one thing is the type of player who will get bored and end up inactive, thus self eliminating.

I was hit by the Obama tax for almost 3 million. OMG, why did I not get a special “Obama whored me out of millions!” peen? Why didn’t I get more notice to hold deliveries. Blah blah blah. That’s silly. The Obama tax was funny. Maybe it should have only hit those who voted for him, since they basically agreed to the conditions by voting, I don’t know. I didn’t purchase any items, anyone who did lost more than the tax hit for since items resell for far less than a 25% hit. I did have items that I hadn’t sold prior to the tax that I sold after it hit.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

was Posted:

And it is still a stupid idea. We need a better and more challenging game, not more “achievements”.

It doesn’t have to be a one or the other. We need a better and more challenging game *and* some mechanism to remove excess flezz from the economy. If “achievements” are the way to do that, I’m fine with it. If there’s a better idea, great. Whatever form the idea takes though, it’s going to amount to the same thing.

To reiterate – alot of these flezz gains were made when the market was most out of control – players earning millions per day by pwning Geronimo at max threads repeatedly. That single fact has skewed any potential balance in the flezz leaderboard mbumively. These players are going to need to lose their flezz, at some point, somehow, and in a way that doesn’t leave them with a permanent (read: unfair) advantage. It sucks, it’s a fact, we all get to share the crap sandwich. You can have some of mine.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I suggest the Great Bank of Spendfriend goes bankrupt so everyone goes to zero flezz and starts again.

Only if Big Sister requires all junk items in the characters inventory to be taxed 100% to provide for a bailout. Maybe give everyone back their flezz up to 100,000?

Good idea imo, just it didn’t factor in the junk hoarders.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

was Posted:

I like the idea of more challenging options, but as someone who faced the “challenge” of the cred leaderboard during Episode 1 – that kind of challenge is boring and annoying. 3+ months of grinding first Paranoid, then Meme and then PrayPal? Having to sacrifice playing Dom a lot of the time in order to keep at it? It was a drudge.

Obviously you dislike the idea of a progressive flezz sink type peen, but just discounting it doesn’t actually explain why you think it’s a bad idea for a flezz sink. A sink is designed to immediately correct an overflow of currency. No one is saying it is the long term answer to balancing flezz/equipment costs/repair or whatever.

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

was Posted:

A game where scarcity is an issue (i.e. you don’t have enough currency to purchase everything you could possibly want every time you’re made aware of it) is a better game.

I personally don’t believe that it’s possible to make a “web RPG” challenging, short of putting in content that’s designed for levels above the current cap, because any other challenge be made trivial by simply “grinding more.” I think trying to make this game challenging is a lost cause, ultimately the goal should be to make it entertaining.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I personally don’t believe that it’s possible to make a “web RPG” challenging, short of putting in content that’s designed for levels above the current cap, because any other challenge be made trivial by simply “grinding more.” I think trying to make this game challenging is a lost cause, ultimately the goal should be to make it entertaining.

What you do is create a forum which is very difficult (near impossible) so players then seek a way to make slightly easier – not trivial, just reasonably possible. So, create a forum that can be barely pwned by a maxxed out camwhore, and becomes slightly easier (requires less time and consumables) if they’ve got a fair selection of .moar files. There we would have an incentive to collect .moar files, a flezz sink, and a goal to work towards. It’d be nice if it was a good forum though, not some **** like Faux News.

meeeeeeeeee

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

scullyangel Posted:

Look at it from the perspective of other “leaderboards”. Would it make any sense if the person with the highest Forumbuildr score was taxed a submission each day they held the top spot? Or the top forums pwned was taxed a visit each day? Or most INCIT wins had one of their posters deleted daily? I need all of those peens, but I’m very aware that something like that would be an awful idea. Over time it leads to a base where everyone has everything and there is no reason to put in the effort because you can just plod along and someone else will eventually be penalized enough to hand you what you want.

Well I hadn’t thoroughly thought it through, but I did intentionally leave which leaderboard(s) you get the flezz tax for ambiguous in my initial suggestion. So, if you’re top of the INCIT leaderboard, you get a flezz tax (it may be a very small tax, to compensate for the fact that you’re the single and only player who will ever have this peen, but might increase if more players achieve it) If you wanted the progressive flezz peen(s) quicker, you’d want to help someone get to the top of your leaderboard to take your place.

I do understand though I just described the essentials of system which would work, but not necessarily one that would be fun to play with.

I was hit by the Obama tax for almost 3 million. OMG, why did I not get a special “Obama whored me out of millions!” peen? Why didn’t I get more notice to hold deliveries. Blah blah blah. That’s silly. The Obama tax was funny. Maybe it should have only hit those who voted for him, since they basically agreed to the conditions by voting, I don’t know. I didn’t purchase any items, anyone who did lost more than the tax hit for since items resell for far less than a 25% hit. I did have items that I hadn’t sold prior to the tax that I sold after it hit.

You had the flezz peen already, and flezz totals on the leaderboard are currently only for keeping score. You kept your relative position on the leaderboard so this didn’t truly harm you in any way. The idea was to remove some flezz from the economy, but as it turned out, it was only temporarily successful.

Also items – at max frugality, depending on the item, the hit was less than 25%. To choose an impractical example, smileprin XR cost 501 to buy, and 470 to sell, with frugality over 50. That’s alot of clicking to sell the things though, if you didn’t foresee the interface consequences… Log in to see images!

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

I think the core problem with rebalancing the economy without somehow taxing the excess out of existence is that existing players who built up a huge lead around the start of episode 2 will continue to maintain that lead while new players will struggle to ever catch up.

There is already a leaderboard that is impossible for new players to top (forums pwned) I’m not sure we need another leaderboard that is the same way.

Put in some mbumive flezz sink or a   to BP conversion and you can hopefully remove the problems with the economy.

However ultimately the core problem is that once you hit 28+ you really don’t need consumables anymore and repairs are a nonfactor so there is no way for attrition to suck flezz out of the game. Until there are actually forums that require level capped players some consumables to pwn there is going to be continued acgreat timesulation of resources.

Drunkenlazyb-
astard

Avatar: 10017 Sun Nov 02 12:21:15 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

STUPID WANNABE INTERNET CELEBRITY, BTW ED ****ING SUCKS AND I SHOULD DIE

Vuron Posted:

I think the core problem with rebalancing the economy without somehow taxing the excess out of existence is that existing players who built up a huge lead around the start of episode 2 will continue to maintain that lead while new players will struggle to ever catch up.

There is already a leaderboard that is impossible for new players to top (forums pwned) I’m not sure we need another leaderboard that is the same way.

Put in some mbumive flezz sink or a   to BP conversion and you can hopefully remove the problems with the economy.

However ultimately the core problem is that once you hit 28+ you really don’t need consumables anymore and repairs are a nonfactor so there is no way for attrition to suck flezz out of the game. Until there are actually forums that require level capped players some consumables to pwn there is going to be continued acgreat timesulation of resources.

fukkin signed.

Handsome Man

Avatar: 50588 Sat May 23 06:55:31 -0400 2009

[Smooth Town Rebels]

Level 34 Camwhore

Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper

Good thing I stopped playing.

Handsome Man edited this message on 11/16/2008 2:53AM

Fiasco

Avatar: 46971 Thu Oct 16 00:30:33 -0400 2008

[Flogging a Dead Ho-
rse
]

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

I think that the central point that is being missed in this discussion is that Evil Trout has got to stop making these major changes (flezz, geronimo, cred) with no warning. That is the obnoxious part – that and that the changes are made after a bunch of players (me included) have already taken advantage but all the players that come after us get screwed.

I don’t think any of us disagree with the notion that flezz has to be drained out of the economy, but it should be announced. If not the actual details of the change at least something like, “Next Wednesday at midnight there will be substantial changes to the deliveries system.” Something for god’s sake!

Veist

Avatar: 35066 2012-11-21 18:44:47 -0500

[I hate you all]

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

was Posted:

This game has many issues and I don’t know why Crotch Zombie is focusing on flezz.

In my opinion we do not need more flezz sinks. If something is inadequate, more is rarely a good solution. I do agree that there needs to be more flezz spending. But this idea that we should spend flezz on epeen or brownie points is ridiculous.

Either you are trolling or you have absolutely no idea what we’re discussing. Spending flezz on anything is a flezz sink, if we don’t need more flezz sinks then we don’t need people spending more flezz. These are mutually exclusive situations.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

We need the next community forum to be a high-level one. I don’t mean a level 35 forum, I mean a 50+.

Make people burn healing items near-constantly in order to survive, but have the .moar rewards be worth the effort. When the .moar trading system is deployed, people will be spending lots of flezz (50% tax rate?) on getting the pieces they don’t have.

When Ep3 comes around, those .moar files will become easy to get and there will be better ones available.

A mbumive flezz sink for a temporary advantage.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

scullyangel Posted:

I like the idea of more challenging options, but as someone who faced the “challenge” of the cred leaderboard during Episode 1 – that kind of challenge is boring and annoying. 3+ months of grinding first Paranoid, then Meme and then PrayPal? Having to sacrifice playing Dom a lot of the time in order to keep at it? It was a drudge.

Obviously you dislike the idea of a progressive flezz sink type peen, but just discounting it doesn’t actually explain why you think it’s a bad idea for a flezz sink. A sink is designed to immediately correct an overflow of currency. No one is saying it is the long term answer to balancing flezz/equipment costs/repair or whatever.

Look, I agree that there is a glut of flezz, but in my opinion it is a symptom of game imbalance that seems to be being ignored. Episode 2 has been out for a month and the only adjustments since then have mainly been to affect flezz. I just think that there are problems that should have a higher priority than this character having nearly  14,000,000.

Of course, I don’t know all that Crotch Zombie is doing. So really just ignore me. I am going to stop playing soon anyway.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!