Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay Did the Flezz economy just get raped overnight?

Randomman289

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Going back one or two, I also didn’t buy a single consumable in all of Ep. 2. Now, I had 40 Smileprin XRs and 20 Blunt Traumas left over from Ep. 1, but I was able to beat Geronimo at level 23 with that, and only grinded on Geronimo.

Back to the   cap though, I managed to gain 2 levels in one day off of Geronimo. And what I got out of it…was all of 1 Venus. This does not seem to be what was intended…

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Evil Trout Posted:

Flezz sinks are coming too, actually.

You can’t really rebalance the economy until you have an outlet.

You said before that you toned down income because it greatly exceeded expenditures, but doing so with nothing to spend flezz on but healing items and repairs naturally means that you would be overcompensating and pushing some people too close to the break-even point.

Once you put in flezz sinks, the economy will start to starve and then you’ll have to start over from the other side of things. Granted, it’s better to be running too lean than too rich, but I’m betting that the following weeks will be filled with much frustration and BAAWWWing.

Yes, I rant and type entirely too much.

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Evil Trout Posted:

Flezz sinks are coming too, actually.

We’ve been throwing around the idea of expensive E-Peen™ or items for a while, we just have to make it stick.

When are you going to address the fact that there is little game reasons to spend flezz? To me it is a bigger issue than what people are earning. There is no reason to use consumables, the surgeries are mostly useless. Once you hit level 26 you can 1 or 2 hit every thread, which coupled with the defense stat the repair costs are negligible.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

was Posted:

When are you going to address the fact that there is little game reasons to spend flezz?

A flezz sink is a money hole that people want to throw their flezz into.

There will be an in-game reason; of this I have little doubt.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Randomman289 Posted:

Back to the   cap though, I managed to gain 2 levels in one day off of Geronimo. And what I got out of it…was all of 1 Venus. This does not seem to be what was intended…

I happen to think this is a good thing, both game wise and story wise. For the game it says you must make a sacrifice to grind on the best all the time. For the story – people send you gifts because they were impressed that you pwned threads in a particular forum. Why would they be impressed that you did the exact same thing over and over? Frankly, there should be some sort of death penalty.

twas

Level 35 Troll

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

A flezz sink is a money hole that people want to throw their flezz into.

There will be an in-game reason; of this I have little doubt.

It is a lazy temporary solution.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

was Posted:

When are you going to address the fact that there is little game reasons to spend flezz? To me it is a bigger issue than what people are earning. There is no reason to use consumables, the surgeries are mostly useless. Once you hit level 26 you can 1 or 2 hit every thread, which coupled with the defense stat the repair costs are negligible.

That’s exactly the problem. The player does to much damage (though it is a good thing in general that battles are shorter, grinding PrayPal or Faux before E2 wasn’t really fun) and forums not enough. If forums would deal higher damage we actually had to use consumables and a high defense would be useful. Clbumes that earn more Flezz but have a lower defense would have to buy more consumables.

Also Emos are kinda ****ed now because they deal less damage at full health and are even worse speedrunners than Trolls at the higher forums, while highlevel Camwhores are atm overpowered – their two best attacks do a lot of damage and have a refresh rate of 1 so that they don’t need other attacks. (And Cams have a powerful heal ability but they never have to use it after a certain point.) If Camwhores had to use consumables (more often than other clbumes) the higher damage of their attacks would make sense. Hacker would heal when they wait while their more powerfull attacks refresh.

If forums would hit harder we had to buy more Ego and defense. Chars with good items and moar files don’t have to put any points in Ego at all, it’s ridiculous. And with the new Flezz balance it would make sense to abolish the cap on frugality higher than 10 for sales. There is no reason to raise frugality now if you have some good moar files.

Oh, and I never need any consumables for douchbaggery/tears and so on. The good items give way to much.

­

Also I’m not sure that I like the idea of buying e-peens/items for flezz because this is another advantage for Camwhores while other clbumes, especially Trolls (and Pnoobs) are ****ed and old players would have (another) unfair advantage compared to new people.

Amasius edited this message on 11/15/2008 4:52PM

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

was Posted:

It is a lazy temporary solution.

Actually, no, it’s the ONLY solution. A flezz sink is, by definition, something that removes flezz from the system. If you don’t get rid of flezz, then it just keeps building up.

You can limit the economy by cutting back on income, but as we’ve seen that’s a painful process and leaves some clbumes struggling more than they should be. You can also limit the economy with an arbitrary penalty flezz sink, but that DOES punish people for playing the game – nobody likes taxes.

However, the best way to limit the economy is to give people something that they WANT to spend flezz on, but don’t NEED to spend flezz on.

Think of it like a bathtub; you can keep it from overflowing by cutting back on the faucet, you can keep it from overflowing with an overflow drain, or you can keep it from overflowing by unclogging the drain and letting the flow rates and water level hit an equilibrium.

Call Me Diego

Avatar: 41721 2010-01-14 23:10:10 -0500

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Emo Kid

Boo!

Amasius Posted:

That’s exactly the problem. The player does to much damage (though it is a good thing in general that battles are shorter, grinding PrayPal or Faux before E2 wasn’t really fun) and forums not enough. If forums would deal higher damage we actually had to use consumables and a high defense would be useful. Clbumes that earn more Flezz but have a lower defense would have to buy more consumables.

Also Emos are kinda ****ed now because they deal less damage at full health and are even worse speedrunners than Trolls at the higher forums, while highlevel Camwhores are atm overpowered – their two best attacks do a lot of damage and have a refresh rate of 1 so that they don’t need other attacks. If Camwhores had to use consumables (more often than other clbumes) the higher damage of their attacks would make sense. Hacker would heal when they wait while their more powerfull attacks refresh.

If forums would hit harder we had to buy more Ego and defense. Chars with good items and moar files don’t have to put any points in Ego at all, it’s ridiculous. And with the new Flezz balance it would make sense to abolish the cap on frugality higher than 10 for sales. There is no reason to raise frugality if you have some good moar files.

Oh, and I never need any consumables for douchbaggery/tears and so on. The good items give way to much.

­

Also I’m not sure that I like the idea of buying e-peens/items for flezz because this is another advantage for Camwhores while other clbumes, especially Trolls (and Pnoobs) are ****ed.

With all the clbumes having a dodge/defense rate at like 75%, I don’t think forum hitting hard will help much. My opinion is that they need to have a higher pwnage. Most clbumes has access to 3 or 4 forums with 3000+ pwnage and those are at level 23 – 25 difficulty. At difficulty level 24 the community forums go to a 900 – 1000 pwnage.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

I suggest the Great Bank of Spendfriend goes bankrupt so everyone goes to zero flezz and starts again.

twas

Level 35 Troll

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

Actually, no, it’s the ONLY solution. A flezz sink is, by definition, something that removes flezz from the system. If you don’t get rid of flezz, then it just keeps building up.

You can limit the economy by cutting back on income, but as we’ve seen that’s a painful process and leaves some clbumes struggling more than they should be. You can also limit the economy with an arbitrary penalty flezz sink, but that DOES punish people for playing the game – nobody likes taxes.

However, the best way to limit the economy is to give people something that they WANT to spend flezz on, but don’t NEED to spend flezz on.

Think of it like a bathtub; you can keep it from overflowing by cutting back on the faucet, you can keep it from overflowing with an overflow drain, or you can keep it from overflowing by unclogging the drain and letting the flow rates and water level hit an equilibrium.

Tell me how it would be a lasting solution? Tell me how a flezz sink will affect every player in a continual way, not just once?

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

I suggest the Great Bank of Spendfriend goes bankrupt so everyone goes to zero flezz and starts again.

as long as I get to keep my gear. Log in to see images!

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

was Posted:

Tell me how it would be a lasting solution? Tell me how a flezz sink will affect every player in a continual way, not just once?

A flezz sink is not necessarily a one time thing, it’s anything that gets currency out of the game. It could be something that happens once, it could be something that happens every day.

Suppose ET does the following: a bot is set up that accepts donations of any amount of flezz. Every day at rollover, an ePeen is awarded to the player or players (if a tie) who donated the most flezz that day.

Sure, people would stop giving away flezz to that source after they get that ePeen, but it’s going to take a long time for everybody who wants it to win that one. By the time that stops sinking much in the way of flezz, Evil Trout will have come up with other sinks.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

A flezz sink is not necessarily a one time thing, it’s anything that gets currency out of the game. It could be something that happens once, it could be something that happens every day.

Suppose ET does the following: a bot is set up that accepts donations of any amount of flezz. Every day at rollover, an ePeen is awarded to the player or players (if a tie) who donated the most flezz that day.

Sure, people would stop giving away flezz to that source after they get that ePeen, but it’s going to take a long time for everybody who wants it to win that one. By the time that stops sinking much in the way of flezz, Evil Trout will have come up with other sinks.

I am not even going to respond to this.

Have you heard that video game developers are looking to stop used game sales?

Possibly a C-
abbage

Avatar: 76887 Fri Oct 24 03:39:44 -0400 2008

[Leafy Green Vegeta-
bles
]

Level 35 Hacker

Herbaceous, biennial, dicotyledonous , and flowering.

was Posted:

I am not even going to respond to this.

Have you heard that video game developers are looking to stop used game sales?

What does that have to do with anything?

The problem is that the rate of flezz going into the game far exceeds the rate of flezz going out. To combat this we can lessen the amount of flezz going into the game, but that’s not going to ultimately solve the problem unless we increase the amount of flezz going out.

In order to increase the amount of flezz going out of the game, we need flezz sinks. Stores are flezz sinks, repairs are flezz sinks, Gamblebot is a flezz sink, but what we have now is not sufficient to combat the ever increasing amount of currency in the game. Ergo, we need more flezz sinks.

For the record, if you’re not going to respond to something, you would probably be best off, well, not responding to it.

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

scullyangel Posted:

I disagree with a leaderboard tax. Anything specifically designed to penalize those who have tried hardest makes zero sense. Also, that is just the happy sunshine equivalent of what would have happened had the cred peen been left in place – it would have been a pointless thing that everyone had. (I mean seriously, I was able to get it on 10 of my 12 characters.)

Like I said, small tax. And it wouldn’t be a penalty as such – it’s a fair price to those who get the peen, or a price to hog the leaderboard (for a while, maybe even weeks if you plan ahead and it’s balanced right) Why shouldn’t that have a cost – you’re gaining something for it, right? Checks and balances – it’d just be another little push towards the economy as a whole becoming self balancing, or another factor to consider for players seeking an edge.

After all the changes to the economy, I don’t think the flezz peen as it stands has a great deal to do with ‘trying hardest’. Did you have visits available when the flezz rewards were uncapped (it’s a toss up whether the 8 visits I lost hurt me more or less than this unannounced tax)? Or were you running a camwhore when camwhores had the biggest flezz earning potential (in episode 1, more than a DML troll)? Or did you manage to avoid the Obama tax by buying a few items, then selling them again with maxxed out frugality (lucky if you didn’t visit haxlrose recently)? Or take advantage of the price rise of Smileprin XR between episode 1 and 2 (again, luck)? Or the price rises just recently? Alot of the flezz leaderboard positioning comes down to luck, balance issues, or like the forums pwned leaderboard, just being there first.

UnlimitedANC

Avatar: 62422 Tue Nov 11 20:35:45 -0500 2008

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

I liked ‘Flezz Sink for E-Peen’ least of the three ideas because A. It’s only a temporary solution — get the E-Peen and… then?

Moreover, some of us could give two ****s about the harder to get E-Peen, because currently E-Peen have NO in-game effect whatsoever. For example, I bet there’s an E-Peen for perfect bubble boy score, but I’ll never know because that **** was very specially tedious (brilliant, but tedious) and I’ve got better things to do.

An Attribute/Cred Sink though, or brownie points… those could get me somewhere in-game. If I love the game enough to grind for this stuff, doesn’t it make sense that the rewards for that work should relate to said game?

UnlimitedANC edited this message on 11/15/2008 5:38PM

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I’m sorry, but what the hell are you guys doing with your emos and trolls that they can’t earn the max delivery? I can earn max delivery on every character. I don’t have a noob, so I can’t say how that does, but it is the challenge clbum, so I don’t think that is really a big deal.

If you haven’t hit the level cap, or at least 33, yes I can see how you might not be able to, and why should you be able to earn as much as a maxed out character? Once the level gap is bridged – between glbumes, .moar files and a good number of high cred forums maxing delivery is not clbum specific in any way. There are so many charisma boosting .moar files it isn’t even funny, and investment in The Art of Flame War is a long term “rollover gear” investment, imo.

TEH Man

Avatar: 60598 Tue Nov 04 22:52:30 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

12 visits to second wife for me yesterday, which cost me 30k   for repairs,

i ended up getting THREE junk items, adding up to a grand total of 30k  .

like what the ****, man..

SAME ****

twas

Level 35 Troll

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

The problem is that the rate of flezz going into the game far exceeds the rate of flezz going out. To combat this we can lessen the amount of flezz going into the game, but that’s not going to ultimately solve the problem unless we increase the amount of flezz going out.

In order to increase the amount of flezz going out of the game, we need flezz sinks. Stores are flezz sinks, repairs are flezz sinks, Gamblebot is a flezz sink, but what we have now is not sufficient to combat the ever increasing amount of currency in the game. Ergo, we need more flezz sinks.

For the record, if you’re not going to respond to something, you would probably be best off, well, not responding to it.

This game has many issues and I don’t know why Crotch Zombie is focusing on flezz.

In my opinion we do not need more flezz sinks. If something is inadequate, more is rarely a good solution. I do agree that there needs to be more flezz spending. But this idea that we should spend flezz on epeen or brownie points is ridiculous.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!