Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Role Playing
Switch to Civil Discussion Role-Playing
Ban Me Flamebate Would Be Better

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

You can’t treat each person the same, things are done differently person to person.

Miss Trent Posted:

I think that they should enforce the rules fairly, otherwise the whole thing just becomes a popularity contest, where those that are well liked can break the rules while those that aren’t have to follow them.

I would like to hear some more community opinions on this matter in particular. What if, for example, there are several posters who you all find entertaining, but then it’s discovered that all those people are illegal multis. Meaning, while you’ve paid money to have multiple alts, (and supported Crotch Zombie in their efforts to keep this game entertaining and bring you new content — not that I’m prejudiced here), these other entertaining people have not. That they’re getting all the same advantages as you, but you paid to get those advantages and they didn’t. Would you have them treated differently than annoying posters who do the same thing, simply because these are entertaining and those are not?

I'M A SIG-DISABLING COCKMONGLER

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

MC Banhammer Posted:

I would like to hear some more community opinions on this matter in particular. What if, for example, there are several posters who you all find entertaining, but then it’s discovered that all those people are illegal multis. Meaning, while you’ve paid money to have multiple alts, (and supported Crotch Zombie in their efforts to keep this game entertaining and bring you new content — not that I’m prejudiced here), these other entertaining people have not. That they’re getting all the same advantages as you, but you paid to get those advantages and they didn’t. Would you have them treated differently than annoying posters who do the same thing, simply because these are entertaining and those are not?

I’d say ban all the illegal multis, but allow them a main. If they continue to make illegal multis then they should be banned for 30 days or so, ip and all.

If they come back and do the same ban them for a year.

And I would like reiterate once more that Kraid’s ban was really unfair considering it was entirely PANTS’ doing.

nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS edited this message on 07/15/2008 10:33PM

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

it seems like thats exactly what it is, its a populatirty contest, and tsb holds most of the cards. they request anything, and it usually happens when its not fair or even sane at all..way too much of a monopoly on other players and the OP of this thread is proof of it..”ban r=This person, ban that person”..why do i get banned for posting a thread like this, but these guys dont..?

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

MC Banhammer Posted:

Yes. I have paid enough to let cool people have illegal multis lol

Seriously though, being someone who has donated >100 bucks I do think that if the general community likes the multi that it should be fine as long as they don’t vote on forumbuildr or compete in dom. (not saying this to mean my opinion matters more, he asked what paying people think)

I think that if the point of a multi is to RP in flamebate for example, it is ok while if the point of a multi is to get 12 more visits in raids that’s a problem.

That being said, I think PANTs multi’s should stick to general RP threads… bum

FAIL edited this message on 07/15/2008 10:37PM

Miss Trent

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

nanathunderjesus gets you LIGHTNING IN YOUR FIST Posted:

I’d say ban all the illegal multis, but allow them a main. If they continue to make illegal multis then they should be banned for 30 days or so, ip and all.

If they come back and do the same ban them for a year.

And I would like reiterate once more that Kraid’s ban was really unfair considering it was entirely PANTS’ doing.

Yes, but Kraid’s “unfair” ban is your opinion. Obviously there has to be a final authority on these things, and obviously it should be the admins, not the players, or we are back to a popularity contest. In this case, obviously the admins though the ban was fair. You’ll never get anywhere if every case is tried by the popular opinion of the players.

As to your question, Banhammer, I don’t think it’s fair to enforce the rules based on who’s “unfunny” or not. That’s very subjective. A lot of stuff that people call “unfunny” I think is hilarious, and a lot of stuff that many people laugh at I think is repetitive and unfunny. I don’t see how you can possibly use something that subjective as a means to enforce rules.

On the other side of the coin, I think that banning should be used sparingly. In the example you gave, I would give the illegals a chance to pay for their characters and convert them to alts, or they’re out. I’d vote for leniency, just because of the nature of the game.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

this is not a game discussion thread i think, request move to whiny ****es, because outright attacking of players isnt game discussion material

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

FAIL Posted:

Yes. I have paid enough to let cool people have illegal multis lol

Seriously though, being someone who has donated >100 bucks I do think that if the general community likes the multi that it should be fine as long as they don’t vote on forumbuildr or compete in dom. (not saying this to mean my opinion matters more, he asked what paying people think)

I think that if the point of a multi is to RP in flamebate for example, it is ok while if the point of a multi is to get 12 more visits in raids that’s a problem.

i would get banned for saying stuff like that here, guess you are lucky they like you

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Miss Trent Posted:

Yes, but Kraid’s “unfair” ban is your opinion. Obviously there has to be a final authority on these things, and obviously it should be the admins, not the players, or we are back to a popularity contest. In this case, obviously the admins though the ban was fair. You’ll never get anywhere if every case is tried by the popular opinion of the players.

As to your question, Banhammer, I don’t think it’s fair to enforce the rules based on who’s “unfunny” or not. That’s very subjective. A lot of stuff that people call “unfunny” I think is hilarious, and a lot of stuff that many people laugh at I think is repetitive and unfunny. I don’t see how you can possibly use something that subjective as a means to enforce rules.

On the other side of the coin, I think that banning should be used sparingly. In the example you gave, I would give the illegals a chance to pay for their characters and convert them to alts, or they’re out. I’d vote for leniency, just because of the nature of the game.

I disagree… I think that the community’s opinion on this topic is more important than the admin’s…

For example, let’s say that Janie was found to be an illegal multi tomorrow. I would hope that you stayed, because you are actively involved in RP. If tomorrow someone like Big Brother was found to be an illegal multi, I think he should be banned because I have yet to see him post anything of value.

I see your point, this is just one player’s opinion. I don’t think nana is trying to say what she thinks should go, I think her point is that if the MAJORITY (not TBC) of players like the person, he/she should stay.

Maybe there could be some sort of forumbuildr-type vote for bans sounds stupid, but couldn’t think of another way of backing my majority vote policy

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

btw SON, not pants

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

SIG-ENABLING MOCK-CONGLER Posted:

i would get banned for saying stuff like that here, guess you are lucky they like you

what are you talking about? That was my legitimate opinion addressing EXACTLY what banhammer asked…

Also, I never called you PANTs.

FAIL edited this message on 07/15/2008 10:45PM

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

illegal multis dont have a huge effect on my Forumwarz experience, and I’ve donated enough money that I feel like I have a right to an opinion on the matter. I am willing to accept some entertaining people having illegal multis, provided that they do not abuse them for advantages in Forumbuildr or anything else.

The problem is that most people with illegal multis have a very different opinion from me on what constitutes an “entertaining poster”. I’ve never considered Pants entertaining. At all. But I have found WS22 funny at times- albeit in a stupid way.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

is banhammer seeing this thread?! i guess they will eventually Log in to see images!

nanalatinoje-
sus gets you-
JUSTICE IN -
YOUR FORUMS

Avatar: nanalatinojesus gets you JUSTICE IN YOUR FORUMS's

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 26 Troll

I SHOULD POST MORE BUT I DON'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL REALLY LAME

Miss Trent Posted:

Yes, but Kraid’s “unfair” ban is your opinion.

Why yes, I’m pretty sure it is. I never said it was anything other than that, but in order to make my posts easier for you to understand I guess I’ll begin prefacing them with “DON’T WORRY JANIE THIS ONLY MY OPINION”

In this case, obviously the admins though the ban was fair. You’ll never get anywhere if every case is tried by the popular opinion of the players.

The admins were unaware of the cirgreat timesstances. And once again, I never said bans should be dealt out in accordance to the opinion of the players. If we’re going to begin playing the “bumuming random, wildly untrue things” game then I’m bumuming that you’re an illegal -god- alt.

His question was whether popular opinion should have a place in determining decisions, not whether your sense of humor sometimes goes against the grain. But I guess if you want to use this opportunity to go on a tangent and talk about yourself, be my guest. Is your next post going to include a list of your favorite bands as well?

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Is there a way to ban people from certain aspects of the game? like a ban from just flamebate, or dom, or incit etc.

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

FAIl Posted:

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

n00Biff Posted:

If someone could please ban all the wild_****, -god-, Zonbei, and PANTS alts.

and this is the topic?

FAIL

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

I meant all of PANTs illegal multi’s (IE every one of his that has posted shock picks in GD)

I didn’t know you were a PANTs multi… I thought you were a wild-****22 multi…

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

BirdofPrey Posted:

thats a dumb way of looking at rules and it only serves to take away responsibility and accountability from those in power.

such a blatant troll and nothing is done..if i did that im sure id be banned

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Level 35 Troll

Miss Trent Posted:

So it’s ok to break the rules if you’re well-liked, but if you’re not, they should be enforced with an iron fist?

this is pure truth here i think

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

such a blatant troll and nothing is done..if i did that im sure id be banned

please give it a rest with your victim complex.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!