Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature INCIT suggestions

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

I know alot of people hate INCIT. So much so that the wordfilter for INCIT is welcomed. Anyway there are people who like to play and would like to put forward some ideas for changes.

1) Title characters could be extended to 22/25 characters as often spaces and correct use of grammar can **** up a good entry when you run out of space. An extra 2 or 5 characters would also not over run…I think.

2)When less than 5 people are on the timer could be cut when everyone has submitted because, as it’s been said, “all this waiting sucks bawls.”

3) An easier way of submiting pictures for INCIT. If everyone could submit pictures they had found into a form or something similar rather than having to trouble a admin/mod I think there maybe some half decent pictures to caption.

Hope I haven’t stepped over any line, still fairly new here but just from playing for a week I have noted these things. The 3rd point is the one I really wanted to address because only having been on here a week I’ve seen some of the same pictures 2 times maybe 3 times.

McMacTaco360

Avatar: 180076 Wed May 20 02:51:32 -0400 2009

[generic racists]

Level 63 Hacker

“Phreak of Nature”

Advocacy Canine Posted:

I know alot of people hate INCIT. So much so that the wordfilter for INCIT is welcomed. Anyway there are people who like to play and would like to put forward some ideas for changes.

1) Title characters could be extended to 22/25 characters as often spaces and correct use of grammar can **** up a good entry when you run out of space. An extra 2 or 5 characters would also not over run…I think.

2)When less than 5 people are on the timer could be cut when everyone has submitted because, as it’s been said, “all this waiting sucks bawls.”

3) An easier way of submiting pictures for INCIT. If everyone could submit pictures they had found into a form or something similar rather than having to trouble a admin/mod I think there maybe some half decent pictures to caption.

Hope I haven’t stepped over any line, still fairly new here but just from playing for a week I have noted these things. The 3rd point is the one I really wanted to address because only having been on here a week I’ve seen some of the same pictures 2 times maybe 3 times.

I agree, except 30 + 60 characters on incit would be awesome.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

Advocacy Canine Posted:

Then people is gonna ask to put it up to 30. Seriously, ever played something that gives you a time limit and always fall a bit short? and then you go “aaaggghhh, if only this lasted just one more second”. The 20 character limit is the same. people will start falling short on 22/25 and will complain about that too.

Too few submissions means even less competition and even worse wins (not that everyting that wins is WOW SO FUNNY anyway, so…Log in to see images!

That’s prone to abuse, shock images, personal info posting etc etc etc. Just submit pics to flickr and hope a mod will take time to accept them for INCIT.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

ChilePepino Posted:

Just submit pics to flickr and hope a mod will take time to accept them for INCIT.

ET disabled this functionality months ago. He’s planning to address it another way, but it’s low on his priority list. Sorry.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

MC Banhammer Posted:

ET disabled this functionality months ago. He’s planning to address it another way, but it’s low on his priority list. Sorry.

I suppose I haven’t played INCIT in quite some time..

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

It’s tough to submit pictures for a reason; as Itembuildr has shown vividly, people have little to no awareness or respect for copyright laws and regulations. Allowing people to submit pictures to INCIT would just result in a monstrous easter-egg hunt for the illegal pictures if the time ever came to remove them.

Also, brevity is the essence of wit. If you can’t be funny in 70 characters, stop playing INCIT.

Ardent

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Look, I actually play INCIT, and I like it the way it is.

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

1. I think the character limit is fine where it is. There’s almost always a way you can re-word something to fit it into the character limit. The only problem I’ve had with it is that it’s unfriendly to big words. Some of the best ones are only a few words or a single short phrase anyway.

2. This is an interesting suggestion. It might encourage people to stay when if the round moved faster. And at 5 people, that’s when we need people to stay. To go along with this, I think it would be nice if the voting period were shortened and lengthened depending on the number of submissions. At 5 submissions I’m done voting easily by the 30 second mark. You could shorten the voting period to 30 seconds at 5 subs and a full minute at 15+ subs and increment it from there. Any more than 15 subs and I probably won’t feel like reading them all anyway.

3. It would be nice to have some new pictures every now and then.

Advocacy Can-
ine

Avatar: 184251 Sun Jun 07 09:17:23 -0400 2009

Level 14 Permanoob

“/b/tard ”

ChilePepino Posted:

I suppose I haven’t played INCIT in quite some time..

And like I said I’ve only played for a week. I enjoy it but people constantly banging on about the problems they find got me to posting this, because I know they would probably all be to lazy to do so. You offer fair points though and I can see the problem with lengthening the title space.

Shii Posted:

It’s tough to submit pictures for a reason; as Itembuildr has shown vividly, people have little to no awareness or respect for copyright laws and regulations. Allowing people to submit pictures to INCIT would just result in a monstrous easter-egg hunt for the illegal pictures if the time ever came to remove them.

Also, brevity is the essence of wit. If you can’t be funny in 70 characters, stop playing INCIT.

Again fair points but I wasn’t complaining about body text. Just title text. 50 words is fine to be honest.

teh Ardent bumhedz Posted:

Look, I actually play INCIT, and I like it the way it is.

Awesome! Someone that actually plays INCIT because they like it and not to troll or just for the scoops.

ERECTILE_DEATH Posted:

2. This is an interesting suggestion. It might encourage people to stay when if the round moved faster. And at 5 people, that’s when we need people to stay. To go along with this, I think it would be nice if the voting period were shortened and lengthened depending on the number of submissions. At 5 submissions I’m done voting easily by the 30 second mark. You could shorten the voting period to 30 seconds at 5 subs and a full minute at 15+ subs and increment it from there. Any more than 15 subs and I probably won’t feel like reading them all anyway.

3. It would be nice to have some new pictures every now and then.

That sounds like a pretty soundly thought out plan. As for images I guess just send some to an admin/mod like I did and hope for the best.

Really glad to have these replies guys. Was just sick of the whining present in INCIT.

PhineasPoe

Avatar: 12179 2010-01-24 16:27:57 -0500

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

You got a smudge there Phin... oh wait thats Trouts feces

Advocacy Canine Posted:

I think this would be less of a problem if people thought out their entries a little more. Submitting:

PEDOBEAR

WUZ HERE

In the first ten seconds…yeah, you’re going to have some time left over. Look it over, check the picture for some detail you didn’t notice, fix typos.

Also, if you have less than five people, you can’t play.

Advocacy Canine Posted:

The pictures for the most part are decent. There are some bad ones, yeah, but usually the problem is that people don’t want to try to think of a good caption. Every time someone says, “This picture isn’t funny,” what they’re really say is, “I’m not funny.”

Pictures that are inherently funny usually end up with a lot of “WTF IS GOIN ON IN THIS PIC” dump subs.

New pictures would be nice, but not because the bulk of the current pictures suck.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Also nobody who matters plays incit for the scoops. If you play choco, buildr is much better for scoops. People who play incit are trolls or people playing sincerely, and that’s it.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

Fortunato Posted:

Also nobody who matters plays incit for the scoops. If you play choco, buildr is much better for scoops. People who play incit are trolls or people playing sincerely, and that’s it.

What about people who don’t matter? (or suck salty balls at buildr)

For the most part yes, buildr nets you a lot more scoops, but in the run-up to the end of the dom week a couple of extra scoops from INCIT can be a bonus. Log in to see images!

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

man-man Posted:

What about people who don’t matter? (or suck salty balls at buildr)

For the most part yes, buildr nets you a lot more scoops, but in the run-up to the end of the dom week a couple of extra scoops from INCIT can be a bonus. Log in to see images!

Um, still no. Scoops from incit don’t matter, in any situation. Its just not a good source for scoops. Trust me, no ones playing incit for the scoops. ever.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

What if you were in a tie towards the end of the last day of the week, after using all your visits and getting your 10 antifreeze for the day, and all your buildr submissions were on some multiple of 5 votes (hence unlikely to attract 5 more in the little time left). Or even worse, about to lose by one scoop.

You’re saying that even then, a scoop or 2 from INCIT wouldn’t be important?

ERECTILE_DEA-
TH

Avatar: 150883 2010-01-24 16:20:22 -0500

[SUPER SECRET MOON -
BASE PLANNING COMM-
ITTEE
]

Level 69 Troll

you still go on here you old **** just die already

I think INCIT is a great source of chocolate scoops. I can usually get 100 or so. My max is around 160. There are a few people who can get pretty high totals of chocolate through INCIT.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

man-man Posted:

What if you were in a tie towards the end of the last day of the week, after using all your visits and getting your 10 antifreeze for the day, and all your buildr submissions were on some multiple of 5 votes (hence unlikely to attract 5 more in the little time left). Or even worse, about to lose by one scoop.

You’re saying that even then, a scoop or 2 from INCIT wouldn’t be important?

To put it nicely, I don’t think you really get dom. The odds of that happening are extremely low to begin with. Second, if you are that close, someone else probably has a better way to get more scoops. Likely 8 from vanilla or more likely pistachio. Also, incit is not at all a guaranteed win. If you are in that situation, you are going to lose, and no game of incit is going to help.

Even during the week it will not help. I don’t really know the times, but I think I remember it working out to 12 wins an hour possible. You can only play for a few hours every day, and you are most certainly not going to win all 12 scoops. You will be lucky to get half that. Its just not practical for scoops, and that’s the end of it.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

Unless you are ERECTILE_DEATH or PhineasPoe, INCIT will not matter for dom, period.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Adapt Posted:

To put it nicely, I don’t think you really get dom. The odds of that happening are extremely low to begin with. Second, if you are that close, someone else probably has a better way to get more scoops. Likely 8 from vanilla or more likely pistachio. Also, incit is not at all a guaranteed win. If you are in that situation, you are going to lose, and no game of incit is going to help.

Even during the week it will not help. I don’t really know the times, but I think I remember it working out to 12 wins an hour possible. You can only play for a few hours every day, and you are most certainly not going to win all 12 scoops. You will be lucky to get half that. Its just not practical for scoops, and that’s the end of it.

I’m picking out an unlikely scenario as a counterexample. Point is that if you’ve got the time to waste (or like playing INCIT) then it can add up to a respectable number of scoops over a week. Maybe not top-bracket numbers, but the majority of people don’t play in top brackets. If nothing else, a dozen INCIT scoops could lift your min. total above the next guy.

As for not getting dom… what’s to get? Build a streak for Pistachio, save visits up for a run on Vanilla every few days and pick up your 10 antifreeze each day. Pick your forums for speed and submit some voteworthy stuff to buildr for lemon/chocolate. If you’re in a good position throw some scoops into buying shields, if not then throw some scoops into buying bumholes. Whenever possible delay doing anything ‘cause it leaves less time for someone else to counteract it.

There, that’s the general strategy of the game summed up in a couple of lines. Pales in comparison to something like chess or Go. Hell, explaining the strategy of rock paper scissors could take longer if you got into it.

Adapt

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

man-man Posted:

I’m picking out an unlikely scenario as a counterexample.

I’m not talking 3 sigma here dude, like you said were talking about the average player for who incit scoops are not going to matter. This is a pointless argument, no one plays incit for the scoops, these people are not even close to whats wrong with incit.

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

only change that needs to be changed about INCIT:

it needs to make a loud, obnoxious sound signaling the beginning of voting.

everything else is fine the way it is

—————————

i’m not kidding here.

ghax edited this message on 06/13/2009 4:54PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!