Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Contest [CLOSED] CZ Challenge: Wikify the Forumwarz story, win BPs + Collaborator Peen! <SPOILERS>

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

I have my reasons for doing this specific contest.

Anyway, people update articles all the time. If you do a significant change, and you show your work, BB2 has traditionally reviewed and awarded Peen for it.

Also, WHEEEEEEE!!!

Word to the wise though, the review happens based off of the current history shown in the Wiki pages, I’ve been making large updates to .moar drops being the first to post drop rates and have completed episode 1 before asking about the peen. Just before I ask though, the .moar info section gets an overhaul and people start listing a whole lot of .moar locations which meant about 50 tiny “added 1 file somewhere in there” updates and knocking out all of my own.

I was told “3 updates doesn’t qualify the peen” and have since started to make a bunch of smaller updates instead of just waiting to do 1200 runs and posting the info.

I’ll try again soon enough…

And really I can see this method working for getting people to actually work on the wiki a bit. Other pages to be made are the individual forum pages where things like “approximate damage range vs 1 Defense”, creators, or place in storyline can be added in.

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I’m in.

Filled out details from episode 1 ending cinematic.

After you pwn the Coral Nuclear Springs Generating Station, The Internet Times reports that it was the worst nuclear attack in history and that tens of thousands of people were killed. Oops? Then, as you freak out, er, solemnly reflect on your actions, a mysterious Korean person sends you a message, saying that he is “vewwwy impwessed.” Who this guy is and what role he might have ultimately played in this apparent disaster is for now left unclear.

I’m out.

plk edited this message on 04/17/2009 1:38PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

plk Posted:

I’m in.

drussthebritishbastard Posted:

I’m in…

Is druss out?

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Avatar: 61156 Fri Jan 09 16:01:01 -0500 2009

Level 68 Troll

Finest upstanding member of society, ever!

yeah sorry, i’m out

I forgot I was still editing this when I went for my dinner. Please don’t b&.

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I’m in to re-add my edit.

I’m out.

plk edited this message on 04/17/2009 1:57PM

RebirthThom

Avatar: 18189 Sat Dec 20 10:58:29 -0500 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I’m in.

Didn’t really find that much to do; added the timeline to the page and wikilinks and spelling corrections.

I’m out.

RebirthThom edited this message on 04/17/2009 2:18PM

plk

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I’m in.

I’m out.

Filled out kim shady info in episode 2.

North Korea’s dictator [[Kim Jong-Il]], aka “[[KIM_SHADY]],” hires you to pwn the Pentagon forum for no other reason than being a douche. Hey, he’s the guy who contacted you after you blew up that nuclear power plant. He seemed kind of spooky and suspicious then, but should you worry about it? Nah.

plk edited this message on 04/17/2009 3:56PM

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

Okay, I don’t like the idea of listing Kim as a “main character”. That’s why I removed it in my edit.

Sure his mission runs through most the episode, but he never really talks to you in between missions or give you other tasks like Blacksnake or Shallow. Once you complete the mission, he leaves you alone. So do we really need him there as a ‘main’? I don’t think so.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

in to give Apocryphal storyline characters a link with brief summary of their side missions…

and out…

I gave beefier descriptions on the side missions and gave THE_**** a main character role, since he is a recurring character in both episodes.

I haven’t finished, but I’m prepared to give other people the chance to do it themselves if they wish.

drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 04/17/2009 5:07PM

Wisefox

Avatar: 146498 Wed Mar 11 00:18:15 -0400 2009

[Tainted Halo]

Level 69 Hacker

“Trojan Horse Magnum”

I’m in, but forgot to dogreat timesent time

I posted a bit about doing Clan Warfare Missions in episode 2

And I’m out.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

you don’t need to remember the time, your post does that for you.

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

great… you just effed up my work… thanks…

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I think my contribution will be going through each sentence with a fine toothed comb after most edits are done to fix any punctuation, grammatical, spelling, or flow issues.

I have quite a history as a literary reviewer. Log in to see images!

drussthebrit-
ishbastard

Level 68 Troll

going in for the final time tonight…

and out again.

don’t f it up this time…

drussthebritishbastard edited this message on 04/17/2009 7:42PM

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’m in

dobnits

Avatar: 58842 2010-01-24 16:19:10 -0500

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

THE LEGENDARY PINK DOBS

I’m going in.

My intentions are to give a few details on a few of the minor characters. (Where they show up, and their quirks)

I’m out at 12:30 4/18/09

I only did the episode 1 minor characters, I don’t want to take ALL the credit. Somebody else can take episode 2 people.

dobnits edited this message on 04/18/2009 12:30AM

Celerysteve

Avatar: 61989 2011-12-28 11:21:37 -0500

[Temple of the Anth-
ropomorphic Majesty
]

Level 35 Troll

Right from the moment when I saw Saw, I laughed.

Hey Forumwarriorz,

I know it’s been a long time since we handed out the Collaborator E-Peen for Spoilerpedia edits, but I’m here to fix that.

Here’s what I want you to do: Help summarize the Forumwarz storyline, including Episodes 1+2, in Spoilerpedia.

I’ve created an article called “Forumwarz Storyline.” I’m hoping people can collaborate on it to build a punchy, accurate, succinctly written outline of how the typical story progresses up until the end of Episode 2.

It should be written for the total noob, i.e., someone unfamiliar with Forumwarz or even RPGs in general. Imagine it’s a book report for your not-easily-impressed Grade 11 English teacher.

Feel free to link to existing Spoilerpedia articles, using the standard Wiki formatting. If connecting articles don’t exist, feel free to create them. If you’re really savvy, using images (even original ones, like a timeline or flowchart) would be +1 awesomeness.

Use short, descriptive paragraphs. Go in a logical order and don’t get into extraneous details. I’d like to keep this to around 1,000 words or less.

THIS IS NOT A WALKTHROUGH. It is a précis of the Forumwarz mythology. Quickly mention aspects of the gameplay if it’s relevant, but no need to be too specific — if I see “press 1, 2, 1, 2” in there, we’ll consider it trolling.

Of course, feel free to let your writing reflect Forumwarz’s lighthearted and humorous tone, but concentrate on the still-developing story itself. And remember, brevity is the soul of wit.

RULES:

Now, this could easily degenerate into a cluster**** if everyone jumps in at once. So, here’s how I propose we do it:

* When you’re ready to start, bump this thread with “I’m in!” Users, note the time.

* Add to/edit the Spoilerpedia article.

* COPY YOUR WORK EXTERNALLY BEFORE POSTING ARTICLE CHANGES! There might be conflicts that could screw it all up!

* Come back and post by pasting in your changes — as they appear, or with Wiki syntax — doesn’t matter. No need to post the whole article, just the relevant changes.

* Add “I’m out!” to the end of your post.

* Please wait until the last person has finished working before making changes. You may ask questions and make comments in this thread, but respect the previous editor.

* Don’t take too long to make your changes. An hour should be more than enough time. A few minutes is probably all you need. Update the thread if you’re running late for whatever reason. After more than an hour has gone by, we’ll allow another to take over.

* Don’t be a ball hog. Don’t continually take on the article for an hour each time just to change one line. We’ll catch on pretty quickly.

* If you wrote/edited a different but related article, just post its link here.

* Anyone caught trolling or vandalizing the article (or any article for that matter) will be banned.

* Obviously, huge spoilers ahead!

If it turns out really well, I’d imagine an abbreviated, more neutral version would be welcome on our Wikipedia page. The “Plot” sections for films are typically 1,000 words long. Look up the plot summary of your favorite movie to see how it’s done!

We’ll be giving out BP prizes and E-Peen at our discretion, based on performance. The very best posters will receive special consideration for an upcoming, brick-****tingly huge meta-contest that is sure to cause widescale mind-blowage. (Stay tuned!)

Finally, this is an experimental contest. If it all goes downhill, I apologize in advance. We’ll also leave the thread open after the contest is done, where you can make a case for the Collaborator Peen based on previous efforts. For now, let’s concentrate on the contest at hand.

Best of luck, everyone, and thanks!

When’s the deadline on this?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

There’s no end date to this challenge (because there are always chances to get the Collaborator), but I’ll update the OP when time starts ticking away.

Patently Chi-
ll Prestidig-
itator

Avatar: 128746 2011-10-09 04:24:59 -0400

[love is a dog from-
hell
]

Level 69 Troll

Celerysteve is incredible... he is just so... so incredible.

I’m in again.

’’’haxlrose’’’: Computer hacker who first appears during Episode One, after you deploy your third XSS code. He allows you to re-distribute your upgrade points.

’’‘Anonymous’’’: A group of internet users loosely based on the internet group with the same name. Most members say GTFO a lot during Episode One, where he gives you the mission ’’Anonymous vs. Onymous!’’. They are the ones who provide you with an internet connection and a program that helps hide your true identity in the beginning of Episode two. They give out several other missions throughout Episode Two.

’’‘BubbleTroll’’’: The NPC that gives out the ’’Clbum Warfare’’ mission close to the end of Episode Two to the [[Troll]] clbum. He is also the star of the text-adventure game [[The Grand Adventures Of Bubble Troll]]

’’‘Reilly O’Bill’’’: Founder of the KKK (Konservative Kristian Koalition). Has a strange obsession for chicken shawarma and builds sexual fantasies around liberals. He likes to be degraded sexualy. He resurfaces in Episode Two, where he asks you to pwn three forums.

’’‘Ron BALLISTA’’’: Founding member of The Church Of Sayantology. He gives you a mission in Episode Two which you are forced to take because of his blackmail.

I’M OUT

Patently Chill Prestidigitator edited this message on 04/18/2009 9:44AM

SplodgeMonkey

Level 25 Permanoob

“Moron”

Back in the game.

Ye Olde Page Posted:

’’’CutiePie12xo’’’: A older man disguising himself (poorly) as a young girl. You must cyber with him in order to fulfill another characters mission. He, like Futinari-Moe, also makes random appearances throughout the ForumWarz storyline.

Are you certain? I recall CutiePie asking for your a/s/l, you see the avatar, say you’re female, she tells you to come back when you’re a man, comma, and you call her again telling her you’re a guy. When you ask her why she has an avatar of an old guy she tells you it’s her late grandfather. I’m changing this thing but let me know if I’m wrong. Also, I remember her being young but not 12. Anyone know how old she said she was?

New Age TechnoText Posted:

’’’CutiePie12xo’’’: A young girl with the avatar of her late grandfather. She gives you a blurry photo of her covered in bread crumbs and egg whites (oddly enough the exact kind Futanari-Moe wanted) if you successfully turn her on through answering her questions. She, like Futinari-Moe, also makes random appearances throughout the ForumWarz storyline.

’’’Opheliamammary glandsupp’’’: Internet Poet (Presumably an Emo Kid) Introduced to you by Krystl_crackr late in Episode 1. She and her lover RockStarGrrl69, are forbidden from their romance due to their respective interests, so she asks you stop the quarreling. Upon doing so, you are rewarded with a powerful attack only available through helping her.

Nothing to see here…

’’‘Yuriko-chan’’’: A female presumedly of asian descent. Futanari-moe gives you her contact after you accept the mission. You eventually ask her about bread crumbs or egg whites in an unsubtle attempt to get her to take the photo, to which she finds out you’re working for Futanari and promptly blocks you.

+1 (Very) Minor Character

I’m out.

SplodgeMonkey edited this message on 04/19/2009 6:59AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!