Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant Obscure References and Downvoting

RopeBert

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

WTF!! What the hell is wrong with people on here? They see a forum that they don’t understand so instead of just pbuming, they downvote them. This is ridiculous. Encyclopedia Aynrandica, Cruel Britania, and some of the others have some major potential but if some twerp has no clue and misses the point, it gets sent to the bottom of the pile and all we are left with are sophomoric sex forum ideas.

I have submitted some ideas that you would have to know a little about pop culture but after they got shot down pretty ****ing fast, I started submitting sex-related forum ideas and they did great (didn’t win but got pretty high).

I hope what is happening with the Fran Is Fat forum helps address some of these issues because I know I’m not the only person sick of this.

doctormale reproductive organtor

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Agreed, people downvote witty suggestions just because they don’t get the reference.

Is it time to restart the “no more downvoting” bandwagon? Just upvoting and pbuming, it would get rid of stuff like klan mbum-downvoting and the “Fran is Fat” type downvotes where people downvote every other forum in order to promote a “protest” forum.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

And what references might you be talking about?

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

Maybe you should petition ET to advertise on more “intellectual” and “refined” websites instead of on sites like jj.am and encyclopediadramatica.com. If he did that (and actually attracted new players) then maybe there would be a change in both the types of entries which are submitted and the type of submission that actually ends up winning.

Until then, think about the kind of people who come from the sites that this game is advertised on, and realize that NO AMOUNT OF ****ING is going to change the way things work around here.

AUNTIE-LUNG

Avatar: 70672 Fri Nov 07 09:28:28 -0500 2008

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 59 Hacker

“Cracking Addict”

Did you ever consider that I got your references but thought that the concept was absolutely awful for:

A) A forum at all

B) A forum worth pwning

C) Writing content for

D) Being funny

E) All of the above

Because that’s probably the case.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Fran is Fat is winning because it’s funny. Unlike any other submissions.

Bonkenhi

Avatar: 75529 Sat Nov 22 17:24:38 -0500 2008

Level 69 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

Crinkz Posted:

Fran is Fat is winning because it’s funny. Unlike any other submissions.

Not only funny, but original. It’s not a sexual or rasist kind of funny, which is the typical forum humour.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fingerz Posted:

NO AMOUNT OF ****ING is going to change the way things work around here.

Really? Because it seems like ****ing usually works pretty well.

ITT we discuss why downvoting is not at all conducive to better entries winning because FWZ is populated almost entirely by bumholes.

Fingerz

Avatar: 22863 2010-11-15 01:15:51 -0500

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 35 Emo Kid

A neverhasbeen

doctormale reproductive organtor Posted:

downvoting is not at all conducive to better entries winning because FWZ is populated almost entirely by bumholes.

Couldn’t agree more. HOWEVER, what are you gonna do about it? Make people quit playing? I doubt it. May as well just accept it for what it currently is.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Ever think that people are smart and just think your unfunny? Or you can bumume your comedy gold and that were all slack jaw morons.

Just my thought, also cater to your audiance. Look at what you have, what wins, and think. Think. Next time you do better.

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fingerz Posted:

Couldn’t agree more. HOWEVER, what are you gonna do about it? Make people quit playing? I doubt it. May as well just accept it for what it currently is.

No downvoting, just upvoting and pbuming. Gets rid of mbum klan downvoting and the bumholes who will just downvote everything for the sheer erotic pleasure of it. Also gets rid of people ****ing about their entries getting to -5 before they actually have a chance to be seen by a lot of people.

Tig O-Bitties

Avatar: 24201 Thu Nov 06 12:02:31 -0500 2008

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

RopeBert Posted:

WTF!! What the hell is wrong with people on here? They see a forum that they don’t understand so instead of just pbuming, they downvote them. This is ridiculous. Encyclopedia Aynrandica, Cruel Britania, and some of the others have some major potential but if some twerp has no clue and misses the point, it gets sent to the bottom of the pile and all we are left with are sophomoric sex forum ideas.

I don’t think you should bumume that everyone who downvotes forums like the ones you mentioned because they don’t understand the references. For instance, I got those references, but I downvoted them because I didn’t think they’d make interesting forums. Personally I just couldn’t see anything fun coming out of, say, Encyclopedia Aynrandica (ITT: Existence exists…Discuss!). The forum title and description might be witty and original, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to an interesting forum.

Tig O-Bitties edited this message on 01/08/2009 8:11PM

RopeBert

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Raepdog Posted:

Ever think that people are smart and just think your unfunny? Or you can bumume your comedy gold and that were all slack jaw morons.

Just my thought, also cater to your audiance. Look at what you have, what wins, and think. Think. Next time you do better.

THIS is what I am saying. What I thought was funny turned out to be considered unfunny by the majority and I can accept that. If I was comedy gold, why would my submissions have been downvoted so fast? Like I said in my original post, I changed them to sex and they fly up. I think most of us know what kind of an audience is on here and who we are catering to these days.

RopeBert

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Tig O-Bitties Posted:

I don’t think you should bumume that everyone who downvotes forums like the ones you mentioned because they don’t understand the references. For instance, I got those references, but I downvoted them because I didn’t think they’d make interesting forums. Personally I just couldn’t see anything fun coming out of, say, Encyclopedia Aynrandica (ITT: Existence exists…Discuss!). The forum title and description might be witty and original, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to an interesting forum.

I get your point and it is a good one.

But you have to admit that ITT: Existence exists…Discuss! would be funny to see what kind of **** would come up. Maybe someone would finally be able to put their philosophy degree to work.

Stabby Rip S-
tab Stab

[Rip Apart my Soul]

Level 35 Emo Kid

“Cutty Cutterson”

RopeBert Posted:

Maybe someone would finally be able to put their philosophy degree to work.

Or Wikipedia

Big Brother

Avatar: 45759 Fri Oct 17 23:44:23 -0400 2008

Level 66 Troll

woman's genitals

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

In a game about trolling you’re faced with actual trolling. So defend it by saying “maybe you’re not funny” all you like but we all know why and we’re faced with harsh reality of these events.

They’re not going to get rid of downvote option. The would’ve done so long ago.

Auser

Avatar: 89481 Thu Feb 26 14:58:28 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Troll

Just south of sanity

I actually really like the idea of only having upvoting, I think it could only really improve forumbuildr. It can hardly make it any worse can it?

p.s. OP I’ll put Cruel Brittania back in next week and see how it does

Tig O-Bitties

Avatar: 24201 Thu Nov 06 12:02:31 -0500 2008

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 33 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

RopeBert Posted:

Maybe someone would finally be able to put their philosophy degree to work.

That would be a first. Log in to see images!

I really can’t talk, though. I have an English degree, after all. Philosophy, English, and art: the terrible trio of unmarketable (but fun) degrees.

bum****-axe-7

[bum****-AXE-KLAN]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

For research, and choc scoop, purposes I have submitted the same 7 forum ideas for the last few weeks. Whilst I wasn’t attempting to have one of my idea’s win (I already did that with my first ever submission Log in to see images! ), I’m fully onboard with getting rid of down voting.

I know others didn’t think my ideas were total **** because, at times, they have received upvotes in the hundreds. At other times they got the -5 bum**** within a short period, so didn’t get the chance for others to check out.

My main ideas have been a bit more obscure than generic paedo, sex and homo, race & religion bashing. But I think they provided fresh angles to come up with new replies and stuff.

I guess the problem with getting rid of downvoting is the amount of entries there would be. Which could stop people voting “well” simply because they can’t be arsed to read through hundreds of submissions and spend time evaluating them.

So, I think there is a need to have some kind of elimination process. The problem is what is a “fair” elimination process?

Maybe elimination should be have a time element? Like if the submission hasn’t achieved X votes within Y period of time it should get booted out? X & Y don’t necessarily have to be fixed numbers. They could be based on total votes casts for all submissions and amount of submissions entered in a period, for example?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!