Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Cred Cap

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

quangntenemy Posted:

Uh oh. Back then I thought I could give you some tips, but now I see it would be pointless.

elenaratelimit Posted:

No please, tell me. I asked you back then and you just said it was luck. Faux is nerfed so your position isn’t in any danger. Log in to see images!

So to recap, with similar offense etc stats, and no dml, which means yomomma hit at around 70 and ophelia at 100, you pwned 2008 threadhealth consistently in half the time as your nearest speedrun competitor.

So really, I’m just curious by now, because I like…want to know the tips.

Still waiting, because I REALLY AM curious… wait let me guess, I should hold my breath for it. Or you just click bumons rly rly fast and stuff.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

bump4magic Log in to see images!

even with DML equipped by the end, doesn’t explain it… attack bouncethroughs take time regardless… (moreso before than now)

elenaratelimit edited this message on 10/26/2008 2:37PM

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

I’m with elena. not just because of the months of grinding and being behind you top 4 guys, it’s the retirement of that peen. why? there should be a way to combine the level cap and the highest cred.

Tesfan

Avatar: 17396 2011-07-31 06:49:56 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 35 Troll

Sucks **** through a straw in the face of convention

Orb Posted:

I pity any poor sap who starts Episode 2 at level 10.

a-****in-men

also imo they should retire the cred leaderboard peen and just give out a new peen for the people who hit 100 million cred

SIG-ENABLING-
MOCK-CONGLER

Avatar: 50390 Tue May 26 17:55:44 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHHAAHAHAHAHAH

i started most of my chars on ep2 at lvl 9, its not so bad Log in to see images!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Tesfan Posted:

a-****in-men

also imo they should retire the cred leaderboard peen and just give out a new peen for the people who hit 100 million cred

That’s pretty much the only way things are going to make sense (and that new E-Peen exists btw). Awarding 2 E-Peen for the exact same thing is just silly.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Orb Posted:

I pity any poor sap who starts Episode 2 at level 10. That is to say, I pity most of my alts. Grinding from level 10 to level 20 is currently horribly tedious, because no forum gives the amount of cred you really need to make it happen. The few forums that you have unlocked that give decent cred are nigh-impossible to take on until you are around at least level 17 due to the implemented-without-testing level balancer that makes you deal almost no damage to higher level forums.

To play Episode 2 you really HAVE to be at least level 15 and to play it without constantly dying/going through mountains of consumeables/spending hours to beat each forum, you have to be 17-20.

Actually it’s not fair to say it’s implemented without testing. I ran my balance bot on it many times and I tested the grinding from 10-25 myself.

The idea is to stick within 2 levels of yourself. You can’t grind against the forums that are much higher than you. With the community forums, you should always have a handful of forums within your pwning range at any given time.

If it’s taking more than 6 forum visits to level up, you are probably pwning the wrong forums.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

SG94 Posted:

That’s pretty much the only way things are going to make sense (and that new E-Peen exists btw). Awarding 2 E-Peen for the exact same thing is just silly.

So people who have the cred peen shouldn’t get the 35 peen, or vice versa – which is why they should consolidate it into ONE then if they’re going to retire the cred one.

Not have two peens – for people who have the previous one, and now the new one… since it’s the ‘exact same thing’...

Then I guess I could tolerate it.

7VibratingLa-
ngston

Avatar: 64688 Sun Oct 19 21:42:40 -0400 2008

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 33 Troll

“Permafail”

Evil Trout Posted:

Actually it’s not fair to say it’s implemented without testing. I ran my balance bot on it many times and I tested the grinding from 10-25 myself.

The idea is to stick within 2 levels of yourself. You can’t grind against the forums that are much higher than you. With the community forums, you should always have a handful of forums within your pwning range at any given time.

If it’s taking more than 6 forum visits to level up, you are probably pwning the wrong forums.

So Evil Trout because the cred cap is in effect, theres nothing to buy. What should I do for the next mo- years still Episode 3 comes out if it does?

Also I was working on some avatars to donate to FW. Im waiting till I have about 100 to show them, there all Public Domain with appropriate links.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

7VibratingRaepdogs Posted:

So Evil Trout because the cred cap is in effect, theres nothing to buy. What should I do for the next mo- years still Episode 3 comes out if it does?

Also I was working on some avatars to donate to FW. Im waiting till I have about 100 to show them, there all Public Domain with appropriate links.

Serious bugs are finally slowing down and I’m able to take some notes on the game.

The economy is a little out of whack now but it will be fixed. Basically Flezz shouldn’t be flowing as freely as it is.

In terms of end game content, we have plans to upgrade just about every end game feature we have in place (forumbuildr, domination, incit) and we have plans for a couple of new ones, too. We’re going to come up with some new hard to reach end game goals too.

Basically, like after E1 launched, very soon you will start to see many upgrades and new gameplay features here. In the meantime, please report everything you can think of that’s out of whack in the game. Even if it’s not broken per se, you can report it as a balance issue and we will get to it. We really need a lot of feedback to fix things.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

quangntenemy Posted:

If you really wanted the peen, you should have tried more.

Or cheated more, right mr. 250 seconds on Faux News?

I’m pretty sure it’s possible to run Faux News in 5 minutes, without a DML, consistently, and beating LOTS of people without DMLs. And, funny enough, that happened ONLY on Faux News. I mean, if you were a good speedrunner, you’d be dominating ALL forums, amirite?

Also, I’m 100% sure you were able to outcred people like meeeeeeeee and scullyangel without a DML, when you were not known yet. Yeah we know you outcred these people who have DMLs (well, meeeeeeee did back when he got his E-Peen) fair and square without a DML and without being able to grind Faux News. Probably your PrayPal gave more cred for you? Log in to see images!

Yeah everyone who takes FW a little seriously and accuses you of cheating is doing it without reason.

http://www.forumwarz.com/discussions/view_post/251146 never forget.

——

I know this is not important anymore, but at least we all know the behavior of this good Forumwarz member. Probably we will never know for sure if he cheated on Faux or not (of course he did but he will never tell us), and there’s no guarantees he’ll cheat again to get his Flezz E-Peen.

Fran edited this message on 10/26/2008 5:41PM

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

lol@quotes from the past

quangntenemy Posted:

INTERNET pwned Faux News in just 418s. I wonder how’s that possible without scripting? Do u have any idea?

So how’s it possible you got half that without scripting then?

But thanks for pontificating about how people should ‘try harder’ when they had to take an hour each day to do what you did in half the time… without any explanation as to how.

Combobreaker

Avatar: 70397 Sat Oct 25 21:25:15 -0400 2008

[WHEN I WAS]

Level 35 Troll

United States of Purple Drank

WAH! I JUST WANT TO WEAR MY CAP

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

elenaratelimit Posted:

lol@quotes from the past

So how’s it possible you got half that without scripting then?

But thanks for pontificating about how people should ‘try harder’ when they had to take an hour each day to do what you did in half the time… without any explanation as to how.

OK so with your question you earned the weirdest reply ever.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend…. except one. Which animal does not attend?

The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

aka no answer besides cheating

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

quang in all seriousness, I understand not wanting to give away your Secret Method but your evasion is even more curious than your speedrun times themselves. Now that Faux has been nerfed speedrunning it should be a moot point. What on other are you hoping to gain by this?

I mean, jesus. At least offer SOME reason. If you have to lie, **** it, LIE. But right now you’re just making yourself irrefutably guilty.

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

I wasn’t trying to evade but I had a feeling that some people didn’t really want to know how I speedran it but how I scripted it. They think that it’s unfair when they had to put a lot of efforts into it while I needed none. That’s not true. You don’t know how happy I was when ep2 came and I didn’t have to grind that goddamn forum again.

I feel that this topic is being driven the wrong way, so I’ll stop it here. Eventually I’ll write what I did with Faux to get that “cheater” speedrun time, but I’d say I’m more like the victim than I had actually gained any advantage from it.

For those who still want some justice, here’s the tubmail I sent to Evil Trout. It doesn’t explain much in details, but basically that was what I did:

If you try looking at my attack pattern you’ll see that I am using a strategy to make sure my strongest attacks (Poetry and Your Mom) are used whenever they are available. I even get myself well healed in preparation for attack combos (YM – Poetry – YM) so I need fewer turns to kill the threads.

I’ve been grinding Faux for quite a while that I’m like playing instinctively now. It gives me speed run but actually it’s bad for me as once in a while I hit the wrong bumon and instead of healing I attack and get myself pwned Log in to see images! I am trying to slow down but it’s kinda hard when I’m doing it again and again.

I got my cred epeen even before I started grinding Faux with DML but no one acknowledged it. For now I am grinding for Flezz but as the side effect I’m topping the cred leaderboard. Some people think that’s unfair but in fact they never really tried. They don’t know that for just a single epeen I have to sacrifice a lot in exchange. Like lots of time waiting for the forums to reset, or the incompetence in domination.

I hope when ep2 comes I don’t have to grind this forum anymore.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

quang, I see where you are coming from at the beginning. You (according to your story) worked very hard at this and don’t like being accused of cheating. That much is understandable.

However, I don’t appreciate the implication that you have been victimized. If people are hostile and accusing you of cheating it is because you have gone weeks and months stoking that fire. You have withhold explanations seemingly for no reason other than to **** people off. It frankly blows my mind to imagine any scenario where this level of provocation was an accident. Maybe you found some secret, super-cool speedrun technique. Maybe you’re a dirty rotten no-good cheater. I have no proof. But regardless of which is true, you have all but encouraged your detractors on Flamebate to continue trolling you. Now you claim you did it because you didn’t believe they really wanted to know “how you speedran it but how you scripted it”. Bull. There are TONS of ways you could’ve scripted it. That’s not the point. How you could’ve scripted it was never the mystery. The mystery is how you did it “without cheating”, something you continue to withhold for no apparent reason. Yes. We want to know. We will put up a polite facade if that is what it takes for you to understand that we are serious. We do want to know how you did it.

No one respects the “magician’s secret” when the trick is the words “trust me!”

As for grinding Faux? You were never forced to do that. You managed to get the Cred e-peen out of it, and this was clearly a lot of work for you (whether you cheated or not). Good for you. Every e-peen you get is an e-peen you wont be whining “clbum balance” about, so I guess it all works out for us. But don’t talk like the “horrible burden” of grinding Faux made it so hard for you. Tough. That much has nothing to do with the people criticizing you, it has to do with your choice. I bumume your excuse is that you had to overcome the “clbum handicap” of being a Troll vs a leaderboard of Camwhores. But that late in the game, everyone knows DML Trolls ruled the leaderboards. And before Camwhores were on top, Emo Kids were gods-among-men at pwning (if not at flezz-collection). Every clbum has had a moment at the top, and you were there for the Age of Trolls. Now this thread is the first I’ve heard that you clawed your way to the top without a DML, and that much sounds like BS. Even if you weren’t cheating at all, how’d you get that much cred, that much flezz, and not buy a DML? Log in to see images!

Personally? I think you did use a script and slightly randomized some of the timing so it wouldn’t look like a script. That is the common way to avoid detection with scripts. As far as character defense, you’ve never given any of us reason to believe you aren’t cheating. Frankly, quang, you act like a guilty man, and the evidence is against you. CZ seems to trust you, and I usually trust their judgment. So maybe there is something they know that I don’t. Maybe you’re just That Good, and if that’s the case I’m sure everyone apologizes for treating you like this.

But I don’t think so.

Orb edited this message on 10/27/2008 12:26AM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

7VibratingRaepdogs Posted:

I was working on some avatars to donate to FW. Im waiting till I have about 100 to show them, there all Public Domain with appropriate links.

Dude…that’s awesome. Is this intended for Forumbuildr, or Clbum avatar selection, or both? We could always use more ‘tars!

Let me just suggest that besides including the PD info and ensuring they’re the proper dimension, you also quickly adjust the brightness/contrast/colors to ensure that they’re easily identifiable at their small size.

Leechbait

Avatar: 38669 Mon Nov 03 13:38:26 -0500 2008

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 30 Troll

“Permafail”

Evil Trout Posted:

alternatrely since there is a damage peenalty cap just get strong enough too do one second wife thread

instantly you level faster than any amouint of plot grinfding

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!