Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Shock Cred Cap

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

quangntenemy Posted:

Actually at the start of ep2 I thought you could find a way to solve that problem but you didn’t.

The idea is quite simple. At the moment you reach a certain level by reaching a certain cred. But alternatively you can make it so that everyone has the same amount of cred to gain in order to level up, regardless of how much cred he has.

Wow, that totally would have worked Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

No I didn’t suggest it but I suppose that’s the way to go.

So we can eliminate the cap now?

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

Evil Trout Posted:

Except that you stated multiple times (long ago, but still) that cred earned during E1 would have a use for E2.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

Evil Trout Posted:

so is there a way for those who grinded in order to get the highest cred peen? I don’t wanna say it was merely for nothing now, since we get the level cap and stuff, but it would be another peen one could never reach

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

SG94 Posted:

Except that you stated multiple times (long ago, but still) that cred earned during E1 would have a use for E2.

But here’s the question — was it fun?

I guess it depends what kind of player you are. Some liked jumping 10 levels, others would have preferred to make E2 last longer.

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

Evil Trout Posted:

The content was great, and the additions are going to keep the game flowing for a while…I.E. the job board peens that have long term dedication requirements, and the streak peen.

Evil Trout Posted:

I guess it depends what kind of player you are. Some liked jumping 10 levels, others would have preferred to make E2 last longer.

I think it kinda depends on how long your characters were grinding post ep.1; my main alt easily ran through ep.2 because of my own desire to achieve the cred/flezz e-peen’s, but one of my secondary alts is still slowly chugging along in ep.2. I had so much flezz and cred that it was almost a speed run to get all the top equipment and just tear through ep.2.

Inertia

Avatar: 60995 Fri Apr 03 12:59:05 -0400 2009

[Shii is gay]

Level 35 Troll

also wow i have no male reproductive organ

Evil Trout Posted:

but then you aren’t rewarding people for their hard work.

You could, make the forums not so ridiculously easy to pwn even at high levels. By making the forums level up as we do. The base stats of each will be different to reflect forum difficulty, though. In other words, hard forums are really hard, not just relative to level. Concept from Final Fantasy 8.

Of course you’d think there would be no point in levelling up, but you gain new attacks….wait

I’m not sure this is a good idea anymore, but posting it anyway for review

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I don’t mind the cap, precisely because I have been grinding for MONTHS and not been able to get the cred peen because if someone is grinding the same forums as you are every day you will NOT get past them unless they decide to stop.

This is a way to let other people reach the top of the cred leaderboard without having to play the same forum everyday for months to stay in the running.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Aldo_Anything Posted:

so is there a way for those who grinded in order to get the highest cred peen? I don’t wanna say it was merely for nothing now, since we get the level cap and stuff, but it would be another peen one could never reach

yeah this also… I grinded since the summer, first to get the DML, then faux… and it feels like it was all for nothing.

People have got the cred peen by only reaching ridiculously low levels of cred/luck whereas others have enormous cred amounts and still no cred peen because they have been stuck behind one person or the other (not their fault, but it’s just a fact).

Also faux took minimum 10 times to run each time… hardly effortless and pretty time consuming if you consider 4 visits would be near to an hour a day.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

oh also I guess I understood wrong but there will be no peen for reaching it now ever even if there is a cap? just one for level 35?

great thanks, months of grinding down the drain

edit – i think people should just get both… most cred/level 35 when hitting that… either the most cred peen should not exist and be replaced automatically with the 35 one, or you should be able to get both even if you hit the cap

I don’t see why people who would be willing to get it – if not for the cap – should be penalized just because all of a sudden it changed and doesn’t exist.

I guess if I had figured out a secret magic way to pwn faux in half the time of anyone else “without the DML” then I could have gotten it too, sucks I don’t know ways to cheat or that I didn’t join a few weeks earlier or played the beta so I knew the highest cred forum to grind right off the bat.

Balance? More like chronic ‘catch up’.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 10/26/2008 11:26AM

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

elenaratelimit Posted:

I don’t mind the cap, precisely because I have been grinding for MONTHS and not been able to get the cred peen because if someone is grinding the same forums as you are every day you will NOT get past them unless they decide to stop.

This is a way to let other people reach the top of the cred leaderboard without having to play the same forum everyday for months to stay in the running.

It was possible. I got the peen even before I had DML. Then I stopped grinding to the streak epeens and some medals and DML trolls pbumed me but I climbed back on my way to the flezz peen.

If you really wanted the peen, you should have tried more. Everyone has his own goal, and when he reaches one he’ll aim for another. That’s your chance.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

quangntenemy Posted:

It was possible. I got the peen even before I had DML. Then I stopped grinding to the streak epeens and some medals and DML trolls pbumed me but I climbed back on my way to the flezz peen.

If you really wanted the peen, you should have tried more. Everyone has his own goal, and when he reaches one he’ll aim for another. That’s your chance.

I have been grinding since june so suck a male reproductive organ, for some of us Faux took around one HOUR, and some of us have responsibilities that make it so we can’t play every day – that doesn’t mean we don’t use most of our visits or that a leaderboard should become unreachable because we don’t sit glued to the monitor.

People have seen me grind long enough, so trying isn’t even the issue.

Furthermore, I still want to know (and others) how without a DML and similar stats (I remember you saying what stats you had) you managed to beat faux in half the time as your nearest speedrun competitor – consistently – when, no matter how fast you click your bumons, you still had to sit through the attack # bounce through sections after each hit.

I would have had time to grind faux everyday too if I could have cheated and done it in 20 mins. Yay for you. The rest of us had to take an hour, which isn’t always possible if you have a busy life. It isn’t for lack of trying though.

It is simple maths – someone grinds the same forum as you do, and they are ahead, they will stay ahead. Which is what you did to people…for months…

Sorry my school schedule didn’t align with the weeks SG decided to do successive e-peens or whatever. You are at the mercy of the people on top unless they decide to not grind the highest cred forum (before anyway) – and that has nothing to do with “trying hard enough” or not.

elenaratelimit edited this message on 10/26/2008 11:50AM

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Oh and I mean it, I AM SO TERRIBLY CURIOUS PLS EXPLAIN TO ALL OF US HOW YOU ALWAYS DID FAUX – WITHOUT A DML – IN 20 MINS MORE OR LESS!

I am desperate to know how your troll character without a DML was stronger than characters with the best equipment, OH WAIT, I GUESS IT WAS JUST “LUCK”

Johnny Mac

Avatar: 37704 2022-12-12 08:49:44 +0000

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 60 Troll

I grant you an bumhole x

Life isn’t fair. Just thought you guys should know that. Log in to see images!

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

Johnny Mac Posted:

Life isn’t fair. Just thought you guys should know that. Log in to see images!

It’s true, this is why being a cheater is the best option. I need to learn me some tricks. I mean, er, ‘get lucky’. Log in to see images!

quangntenemy

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

Uh oh. Back then I thought I could give you some tips, but now I see it would be pointless.

elenaratelim-
it

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

quangntenemy Posted:

Uh oh. Back then I thought I could give you some tips, but now I see it would be pointless.

No please, tell me. I asked you back then and you just said it was luck. Faux is nerfed so your position isn’t in any danger. Log in to see images!

So to recap, with similar offense etc stats, and no dml, which means yomomma hit at around 70 and ophelia at 100, you pwned 2008 threadhealth consistently in half the time as your nearest speedrun competitor.

So really, I’m just curious by now, because I like…want to know the tips.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I have the peen already, but from the outside looking at this, I don’t see why the peen should be retired.

Prior to Ep 2 the board was terribly broken. At first it could be done by any dedicated players, except re-res, who were willing to endlessly grind PrayPal. Then everyone was steamrolled by DML trolls who could profitably grind Faux News. How was this balanced and competitive? Now we see a cred cap that will lead to an epic tie and I say, so what? An epic tie that delivers the peen to everyone who hits that level is far more fair than the previous condition that only allowed one clbum a chance to get it.

With every other leaderboard a tie results in everyone getting the peen. *shrug* I’d say if it does end up retired, at least give a month or two notice, so that those who have been working towards it have a chance at it. If you haven’t done the daily grinding you can’t know how frustrating it is. I know I would be insanely frustrated and angry if months of grinding were to suddenly be pointless.

scully edited this message on 10/26/2008 12:46PM

Lord Shplane

Avatar: 49819 Fri Dec 05 01:45:00 -0500 2008

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Troll

:)

Crinkz Posted:

Better yet. Who the **** said there was going to be a EP3 in the first place?

The end of Episode 2.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

Evil Trout Posted:

I pity any poor sap who starts Episode 2 at level 10. That is to say, I pity most of my alts. Grinding from level 10 to level 20 is currently horribly tedious, because no forum gives the amount of cred you really need to make it happen. The few forums that you have unlocked that give decent cred are nigh-impossible to take on until you are around at least level 17 due to the implemented-without-testing level balancer that makes you deal almost no damage to higher level forums.

To play Episode 2 you really HAVE to be at least level 15 and to play it without constantly dying/going through mountains of consumeables/spending hours to beat each forum, you have to be 17-20.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!