Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
News Want Site Updates? Check out our Official Blog!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Bigguyinblack Posted:

Will there be an e-peen for 16 in a row after 2 more forums come out?

I’ve been thinking about this and I would like to continue the trend. However, I might need to rename them, since right now 12 is “Full Suite” Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

12 is ‘grbum on the field’. BTW, viewing all my forumbuildr votes at once is amazin’. Thank you.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

12 is ‘grbum on the field’. BTW, viewing all my forumbuildr votes at once is amazin’. Thank you.

No sweat, and that is a hilarious idea for renaming it. I’ll see what I can do.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

If you’re gonna do color/animal, are you legally prevented from naming them after Legends of the Hidden Temple teams?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

If you’re gonna do color/animal, are you legally prevented from naming them after Legends of the Hidden Temple teams?

No, we didn’t get your wacky children’s shows up here in Canada.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

New update is pretty keen.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

New homepage launched, complete with video trailer for Forumwarz. We’re testing a few random versions.

Is the whole design of the welcome page randomized between multiple versions? If so, for me at least, it seems to be stuck on the Camwhore version. If this isn’t a bug and the page design isn’t randomly selected, I think having the Camwhore version be the only version might put off people who see it.

Edit: Also, are you still planning to implement that ‘Buy Brownie Points for large amounts of Flezz’ feature? Or the text adventure design tool?

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 02/07/2008 5:50AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

Is the whole design of the welcome page randomized between multiple versions? If so, for me at least, it seems to be stuck on the Camwhore version. If this isn’t a bug and the page design isn’t randomly selected, I think having the Camwhore version be the only version might put off people who see it.

Edit: Also, are you still planning to implement that ‘Buy Brownie Points for large amounts of Flezz’ feature? Or the text adventure design tool?

There are two major versions of the homepage now, the camwhore one and the “cartoon” one, and then several minor versions of each where we’re testing different layouts. Once it selects one of the versions for you, it sets a cookie so you keep seeing it (we figured it would be too confusing if it kept changing on you), that’s why you’re always seeing the same one. A new user without the same cookie would get a random layout.

I hope the camwhore one wouldn’t put anyone off, but that’s why we’re testing Log in to see images! Once we have some good stats as to what layouts are working better we’ll ditch the ones that aren’t.

Regarding buying brownie points: I still want to do it but every time I bring it up at the meetings we decide there’s something else worth doing first. It’s still on the table though, definitely!

The text adventure game creator, to manage expectations, was never supposed to be a big thing like Forumbuildr. If we release the code to it, it would just be a ruby text adventure game developer kit people could run on their own computers, and then maybe we’d have a contest where we’d integrate some of the best games into the site. It would be fun, for sure, but on the other hand we really have to get rolling full time on Episode 2! (so far, it’s been slow as a back seat to other features) You wouldn’t believe the awesomeness we have in mind for our second episode.

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/07/2008 8:49AM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Evil Trout Posted:

on the other hand we really have to get rolling full time on Episode 2! (so far, it’s been slow as a back seat to other features) You wouldn’t believe the awesomeness we have in mind for our second episode.

Not sure what else you have on the burners, but getting Ep. 2 into production would, I think, be key towards publicizing the game. Domination is fun for those of us who take it seriously, but I’m not sure that it’s for everyone; it’s a different beast than playing Ep. 1. My concern is that most people pulled in from the recruiting drive won’t spread word of the game after they beat Ep. 1, if Ep. 2 is still a ways off in the future. So my vote is put Ep. 2 next on the list. If I get a vote.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

Not sure what else you have on the burners, but getting Ep. 2 into production would, I think, be key towards publicizing the game. Domination is fun for those of us who take it seriously, but I’m not sure that it’s for everyone; it’s a different beast than playing Ep. 1. My concern is that most people pulled in from the recruiting drive won’t spread word of the game after they beat Ep. 1, if Ep. 2 is still a ways off in the future. So my vote is put Ep. 2 next on the list. If I get a vote.

Episode 2 is already in production, it’s just been coming slowly because we wanted to get ForumBuildr and Domination in place as extra games to keep people busy. Now that they’re basically working it’s our plan to take on Ep2 face on. It should come together very fast once we get moving, don’t worry Log in to see images!

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

The text adventure game creator, to manage expectations, was never supposed to be a big thing like Forumbuildr. If we release the code to it, it would just be a ruby text adventure game developer kit people could run on their own computers, and then maybe we’d have a contest where we’d integrate some of the best games into the site. It would be fun, for sure, but on the other hand we really have to get rolling full time on Episode 2! (so far, it’s been slow as a back seat to other features) You wouldn’t believe the awesomeness we have in mind for our second episode.

Hmm. If Episode 1 had the forum builder and Domination as post-episode updates, perhaps the adventure game devkit could be a post-Episode-2 update.

PUBICDAWG edited this message on 02/07/2008 7:17PM

Oh_No_Shrubs

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Neat.

So will you increase the level max with the release of episode 2?

Or will you reset our stats somehow like Jick (What a jerk.)

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Oh_No_Shrubs Posted:

Neat.

So will you increase the level max with the release of episode 2?

Or will you reset our stats somehow like Jick (What a jerk.)

The level max will be increasing, yup. Right now the plan is for another 10 levels of growth in episode 2, that’s what we’ve been creating the content for so far.

Paraone

[egg]

Level 10 Troll

i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak.

Evil Trout Posted:

The level max will be increasing, yup. Right now the plan is for another 10 levels of growth in episode 2, that’s what we’ve been creating the content for so far.

How are you going to do the experience for the 11th level and the such. Some people have over a million cred points, are they going to jump to 15th level or something, or are you going to re-set cred to a certain amount?

f

Level 22 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

i have over 2 million cred hth

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Paraone Posted:

How are you going to do the experience for the 11th level and the such. Some people have over a million cred points, are they going to jump to 15th level or something, or are you going to re-set cred to a certain amount?

Haven’t decided 100% yet, but what I think makes the most sense is that they’ll level up really easily in the beginning. I mean, they put in the work, it’s only fair.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Is letting people “buy” 69 visits and beat the game in a day cost effective, vs. how many adverts they’d see over multiple days?

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Here’s a suggestion: when Episode 2 comes out, note the highest level that people instantly jump to and give a special E-Peen to everyone who jumped to that level.

I wonder how realistic it would be for someone to jump straight to Level 20.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

Is letting people “buy” 69 visits and beat the game in a day cost effective, vs. how many adverts they’d see over multiple days?

Yes, actually. They don’t see fewer ads if they play on the same day, and even if they did the brownie points go a lot further to support us. We get paid by the click right? So a user that donates $5 would have to give us the equivalent of $5 in clicks, which is actually a lot.

PUBICDAWG Posted:

I wonder how realistic it would be for someone to jump straight to Level 20.

Based on the fact that you generally need much higher levels of cred to go up each additional level, I’d imagine nobody. But I’ve been wrong before when guessing this kind of thing Log in to see images!

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/12/2008 2:41PM

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

What are the details on the instant kill ability? Does it have cool down?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!