Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Help Dumb Questions

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

n00b65 Posted:

where are you from?

Ron paul.
I became very acquainted with his face a couple of weeks ago in a photoshop thread. Goons seem to love to mention him in some way or anyother, don’t ask me why.
Cubear edited this message on 12/16/2007 5:08AM

7u880y

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

When we launched it used to dock you a visit the second you entered, but after lots of people got annoyed we made the decision to only dock it after your first move.

The unfortunate side effect of this is that it makes the random numbers of threads exploitable. It was the lesser of two evils as far as I was concerned.

In the future we might punish people who repeatedly enter forums, but it would be hard to get exactly right. Maybe like 3 visits would do it?

Was there really a lot of people who complained about that? It just seems to me that that particular problem is entirely the players own fault and doesn’t really require a fix. Maybe it’s because I’ve never had a problem with it, but I’d go back to the way it was when you lost your visit as you entered a forum. It’s not super important right now, I think, because the difference in re-entering most forums will just be about 2 threads, but if somewhere down the line you want to add forums where the randomizer can make a larger difference in the amount of threads, or the difficulty of threads like the Woe is us Forum, then removing the possibility of re-entering forums becomes more important.

Depending on how many people considers losing forums turn this way a problem I would maybe add a prompt, but adding prompts slows the game down for everyone who doesn’t consider it a problem. Maybe add a new optional called something like hardcore/softcore mode. One gives you prompts in various situations, like entering forums, selling items and whatever else, and hardcore removes all prompts.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Cubear Posted:

where are you from?

Ron paul.

Ah, thanks. It’s because I don’t pay attention to the Republican race, only the Democratic one. Thx for the info.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

7u880y Posted:

Was there really a lot of people who complained about that? It just seems to me that that particular problem is entirely the players own fault and doesn’t really require a fix.

I was surprised too, but there really were a lot of people who complained about this. It was our number one complaint when we launched the game actually.

I totally understand the argument that it’s entirely the player’s own fault, but on the other hand it’s also our job to make sure people have fun and don’t get ****ed off often. When we’re frustrating many players a day, I think we’ve failed in that regard.

To me the decision was simple: trade off the exploitability of the random thread count in order to frustrate fewer people.

I think that if I implement some kind of penalty for coming in and going it will discourage people from using that technique to maximize/minimize their threads. I certainly prefer that to a prompt that’s like “Are you sure you want to enter this forum and use a visit?”

Crawling Cha-
os

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

BeavisSaves Posted:

deploy the xss code in forums and you should unlock a few more contacts

Different player, similar problem, wherin I got blocked by Yuriko and am not sure what to do now.

Thing is, I -think- I may have deleted the tubmail with this xss code by accident, as I am a moron. What contacts am I supposed to have…? How do I do this?

Sorry for being such a n00b.

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Crawling Chaos Posted:

Different player, similar problem, wherin I got blocked by Yuriko and am not sure what to do now.

Thing is, I -think- I may have deleted the tubmail with this xss code by accident, as I am a moron. What contacts am I supposed to have…? How do I do this?

Sorry for being such a n00b.

Try talking to CutiePie12xo if you haven’t already. Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Somewhere around here, I saw a post which indicated you could transfer junk between players? Is this accurate, and if so, how? I don’t seem to have an “attach” bumon on tubmail.

I’d have searched for it, but I cant’ find a search function for Flamebate, either. Is there one?

EDIT: Found it. Turns out it’s on the first page of this very thread, so “noob65” is indeed quite an appropriate name for me…

MC Banhammer edited this message on 12/17/2007 10:42PM

Crawling Cha-
os

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Cyst Posted:

Try talking to CutiePie12xo if you haven’t already. Log in to see images!

Thanks a bunch, that did the trick Log in to see images!

Zanmatto

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Uhh yeah, I have a pretty big dumb question. *If any* How do you get douchebaggery restoring items? I cant find them anywhere. And if it matters, I’m at the Ricers forum.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

When Trolls need the sweet hookup they look Under the Bridge.

Found in the Stores tab of your bookmarks.

Bigguyinblack edited this message on 12/18/2007 8:52PM

Zanmatto

Level 4 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

Thats the thing! I cant FIND under the bridge. ITS NOT THERE

I tried to follow the link. It said that it doesn’t exist.

Nevermind, I’m retarted, checked my tubmail.

Zanmatto edited this message on 12/18/2007 9:01PM

Crawling Cha-
os

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

*edit* NEVER YE MIND THIS. I AM A MORON. MOVE ALONG. [incaps]

Crawling Chaos edited this message on 12/19/2007 5:18AM

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

If I buy another character, do they also get the 4 forum visits per day, or are my two characters limited to 4 between them?

MC Banhammer edited this message on 12/20/2007 10:41AM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

If I buy another character, do they also get the 4 forum visits per day, or are my two characters limited to 4 between them?

Each character gets their own 4 visits, so you’d have 8 new visits with two characters.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Whats the highest # of forum visits I can store up? I want to see how many times I can do the nuclear forum in 1 day.

Hamelin

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

12, I haven’t been using mine (cause I’m lazy and there’s nothing new to do) and they cap there.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

The Full Suite e-peen: How do you get it? I’ve pwned all 12 forums without dying (but accidentally did one twice). Do you have to do them in alphabetical order? Game order (which I don’t remember)? Without spending Flezz between? Something else?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

n00b65 Posted:

The Full Suite e-peen: How do you get it? I’ve pwned all 12 forums without dying (but accidentally did one twice). Do you have to do them in alphabetical order? Game order (which I don’t remember)? Without spending Flezz between? Something else?

You have to do all 12 in a row without repeating any of them or dying. So you lost your chance when you did the same one twice in a row. Otherwise the order doesn’t matter.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

Can Trolls wear shoes? If so what kind of item is it considered?

7u880y

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I noticed something while using my forum visits just now that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. A forum that up untill now either gave about me 23-28 damage or 0 occasionally gave me 2-5 damage. Is that a byproduct on a fix for the forums difficulty or something?

I don’t know if it is related, but it seems to me that forum visits vary much more in difficulty than earlier. Up untill the latest update I used 3 lipsticks per each forum visit, and now I use anywhere between 3 lipsticks and 3 lipsticks + 4 of the +100 ego items. I’m not complaining about having to use more items as I think it was a good decision to tone down the more powerful camwhore abilities, the thing is that the difficulty of individual forum visits in the same forum seems to vary a lot compared to ealier even with a fixed amount of threads per forum.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!