Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Video Games Grand Theft Auto IV

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

There is no single game that I am more excited about this year than Grand Theft Auto IV. It’s coming out a week from today and I can hardly wait.

I have seen the trailers and a bunch of screenshots, but I have purposely kept myself away from details involving the gameplay and storyline so that I can be surprised when I play it. I understand they’ve changed a lot of the dynamics of the game, but I’m okay with that.

So far my favorite GTA setting has been Vice City, with the Miami Vice style locale and 80’s soundtrack. The best for missions is by far San Andreas though, which I’m sure I dumped well over 60 hours into.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

Sxxy_Saide_69

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I already pre-ordered it.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Definitely, for some reason i missed San Andreas so I’ve been playing it the last couple of weeks(when not playing FW!) and it’s great. My favorite of the series is probably GTA1(nostalgic memories) or GTA3.

BRB_GOINGTOT-
HEMOON

Level 25 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

well, im not going to post spoilers as far the the game play, but i just don’t see why everyone liked the GTA series. It’s definitly NOT original, it’s cloned TO DEATH (almost as much as dungeon crawlers…*shiver*), and…well, i mean, who wants to play as a GANGSTER anyway?Log in to see images!

Sxxy_Saide_69

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

BRB_GOINGTOTHEMOON Posted:

i mean, who wants to play as a GANGSTER anyway?

Who needs to play a game where you can enjoy all the destructiveness of urban life when you can enjoy the real thing just by visiting your local hood?

Really, I only pre-ordered the game because my bf absolutely loves the series and his birthday is coming up soon. However, I do find the games to be fun in an abstract way. But I would much rather they left the cars and guns out of it and just had people play as pimps. I would be so good at smacking around some hos. *sighs*

BRB_GOINGTOT-
HEMOON

Level 25 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Sxxy_Saide_69 Posted:

But I would much rather they left the cars and guns out of it and just had people play as pimps. I would be so good at smacking around some hos. *sighs*

that’s exactly what i thought, for the entire 15 minutes i played GTA 3! once i saw a hooker, i began the beatings, and then i grabbed her friend and bounced in the car some…then after i ran her over for my money, i put the game down and said, “that was the most fun beating a hooker i ever had!”Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Evil Trout Posted:

There is no single game that I am more excited about this year than Grand Theft Auto IV. It’s coming out a week from today and I can hardly wait.

I have seen the trailers and a bunch of screenshots, but I have purposely kept myself away from details involving the gameplay and storyline so that I can be surprised when I play it. I understand they’ve changed a lot of the dynamics of the game, but I’m okay with that.

So far my favorite GTA setting has been Vice City, with the Miami Vice style locale and 80’s soundtrack. The best for missions is by far San Andreas though, which I’m sure I dumped well over 60 hours into.

Make an unnecessary additional board about it, and have a gimmick mod that everybody hates! Is funny! /Borat

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

well, im not going to post spoilers as far the the game play, but i just don’t see why everyone liked the GTA series. It’s definitly NOT original, it’s cloned TO DEATH (almost as much as dungeon crawlers…*shiver*), and…well, i mean, who wants to play as a GANGSTER anyway?Log in to see images!

I disagree with the comment that it’s not original. GTA3 basically created a new genre – the “urban exploration” game. It was the first game I ever played with a living, breathing city that you could explore and do as you will.

Oh wait, were you trolling?

inks

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

GTA3: good game

Vice City: finest game ever, I played and re-played and loved every minute. Playing this game helped me understand the neighbourhood I was living in.

San Andreas: didn’t get far, too big, too hard, bit dull. I’lll maybe return one day and get into it.

GTA4: do I have the time now I’m playing forumwarz?

w00w00

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

Evil Trout, how much money are you getting advertising this on here?

and yea, it’s going to be so ****ING AMAZING!

w00w00 edited this message on 04/22/2008 5:42PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

w00w00 Posted:

Evil Trout, how much money are you getting advertising this on here?

and yea, it’s going to be so ****ING AMAZING!

Haha I wish I was being paid to advertise stuff on my own site.

w00w00

[The Fondler of Bal-
lsacks
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Balloon

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

Inflate my ovaries until they pop out of me and float away

I would propably like the GTA series. But I got a Wii.

There all better, feels good to wii.

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

that’s exactly what i thought, for the entire 15 minutes i played GTA 3! once i saw a hooker, i began the beatings, and then i grabbed her friend and bounced in the car some…then after i ran her over for my money, i put the game down and said, “that was the most fun beating a hooker i ever had!”Log in to see images!

If this is the moment that you experienced as the defining aspect of the game, then you were doing it wrong.

Sxxy_Saide_69

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Acid Flux Posted:

If this is the moment that you experienced as the defining aspect of the game, then you were doing it wrong.

You don’t like to beat up on hookers? Come on, everybody likes to beat up on hookers!

Honestly, I’ve never played a single GTA game all the way through because for me, yes, taking advantage of a hooker’s services and then beating the crap out of her and getting my money back IS the defining aspect of these games for me. I don’t know why, I just know that I get a huge kick out of it. Maybe you see that as playing the game wrong, and you may be right, but it works for me and that’s all I care about.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

Balloon Posted:

I would propably like the GTA series. But I got a Wii.

There all better, feels good to wii.

You could play them on your PC.

VIVa-ChiCk

Level 14 Troll

aka FireFury

Echuu Posted:

You could play them on your PC.

Fail.

My fav was GTA 2 For sure.. Overhead + gta just rox. (Especially at drving cars and ****)

When me and my friend dust off GTA3 (Only one i got) All we do is drive around use cheats and **** like that. Missions are for wimps. Log in to see images!

targetthyself

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I wasn’t all that excited about GTAIV but over the last four-five days fueled mostly by my Gamefly rental of Saints Row, as well as the endless advertising. I’ve got to admit that little feeling in the pit of your stomach is finally getting here and its been almost two years since i’ve felt it.(Gears of War)

With that said i very much doubt that this will be GotY with 8 months till Christmas season. I see this as Sony’s year to shine with their new franchises that have been kept behind closed doors. So, i see GTA being nothing more than a 2PM appetizer on a 6:30 dinner.

The game im most looking forward too, that we know off currently. Would be the release of Fallout 3 set for 10/30,(which i am so ready for) I still boot up fallout 2 every now and then, its the best RPG ever made, to this day, and i can’t wait to see what Bethesda does with it.

As to the favorite game in the series, story wise i liked San Andreas even if I thought CJ’s girlfriend story arch was really tacky. I liked Vice City the best however. San Andreas took itself far to seriously. And the ability to run around in a 70’s/80’s(VCS and GTA:VC) version of Miami was fantastic, i mean seriously what mind altering drugs must you be on to think orange sherbet is the perfect color for a suit.

Onli-Wan Cah-
one

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

It should be awesome. I’m definitely going to be getting it.

My favourite was Vice City too. I loved cruising around in the white Lambo with the 80’s soundtrack. So many good tracks that were just perfect for night driving in the game.

I liked Tommy as well and getting to kill Lance was great as he was an annoying twat.

Echuu

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

VIVa-ChiCk Posted:

Fail.

My fav was GTA 2 For sure.. Overhead + gta just rox. (Especially at drving cars and ****)

When me and my friend dust off GTA3 (Only one i got) All we do is drive around use cheats and **** like that. Missions are for wimps. Log in to see images!

It’s so easy to spot 14 year olds.

Oh and OnTopic, GTA VI was released today on the interwebz (for 360) (illegally ofc.).

Echuu edited this message on 04/23/2008 10:29AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!