Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Writing A very SERIOUS discussion about Antifreeze Scoops. Seriously.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

evilhamster Posted:

Where’d you get that from?

Googled it.

http://wizardofodds.com/software/bossmedia-apx1.html

markchd edited this message on 04/28/2008 3:01AM

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

I’m 99% sure that 6,6 is stand. The reason you hit against a 3 in single-deck with a 9-3 or 10-2 is because you’ve taken a 9 and 10 out of the deck already. The 10 gives you an advantage, because it’s one less card you can bust with. The 9 removes some of the dealer’s advantage, but it’s less clear-cut of an explanation. Taking out the 6s doesn’t do anything special as compared to 7-5 or 8-4.

I have the complete odds worked out now. I’ll try to put a full chart up by Friday, but I need to double-check the calculations and organize the data. Right now I have pages and pages of floating-point numbers in a giant ****-heap.

Oh, one of the other weird rules on GB:

Dealer’s BJ doesn’t count as anything special, it’s a regular 21. This is basically just a mbumive benefit, I’ve never heard of it in actual play.

Sancdar edited this message on 04/28/2008 3:05AM

plk

Avatar: 9972 2010-01-24 16:28:42 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Do we even need to go through the motions of playing blackjack? Just award the medals to the players in each bracket with the most flezz. That’s the way it works out anyway.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

plk Posted:

Just award the medals to the players in each bracket with the most flezz. That’s the way it works out anyway.

I disagree. It is a matter of available time, not available flezz.

Flezz totals will likely keep going up. Once a player gets past Ep. 1, they can run whatever forums they want. It doesn’t actually take a lot to figure out which forums will give you a profit and since there is nothing else to burn up excess flezz the total is bound to grow. A bankroll of 50k can allow for almost indefinite blackjack play if you are using a guide. Even if you hit a big losing streak, you can recover quite a bit through daily forum visits.

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

Hey all,

We have reviewed all of the various suggestions, and in the sake of time and ease to implement we are proposing the following solutions to the Antifreeze Scoops issue.

1) Limit Gamble-Bot 3000 to only give out up to 5 Antifreeze scoops per user per day.

2) Allow Gamble-Bot 3000 to give out Antifreeze scoops for Guess My Number & Paper, Rock, Scissors as well.

That’s it for now. Quick, dirty and solves the problem. We hope.

Discuss. We’re looking to implement this by the start of the next Domination round.

B2015

Sux2BU

Level 10 Troll

Sucky sucky 2 dolla!!!

I think allowing GB to give out scoops on Guess The Number only would be best. RPS and BJ lose money at far too slow a rate (or even allow money gains with good play and luck), and thus become unlimited sources. Guess The Number is seriously stacked against the player, making AF scoops a purchase rather than just a time sink.

BirdofPrey

Avatar: 2037 Sun May 10 02:46:48 -0400 2009

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Troll

I lick her up afterwards (After her great times session too! Yum!)

maybe you could give scoops when you lose large bets instead of winning. I thought anti-freeze scoops were supposed to be for self-destructive behavior anyway. That never made sense to me, that you can get them by winning.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

BirdofPrey Posted:

maybe you could give scoops when you lose large bets instead of winning. I thought anti-freeze scoops were supposed to be for self-destructive behavior anyway. That never made sense to me, that you can get them by winning.

While it is in the theme of AntiFreeze, with the current rules it would just make it easier. Whie gaining money, you lose a lot and get scoops, and when you have a bank roll you just lose on purpose.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Sux2BU Posted:

I think allowing GB to give out scoops on Guess The Number only would be best. RPS and BJ lose money at far too slow a rate (or even allow money gains with good play and luck), and thus become unlimited sources. Guess The Number is seriously stacked against the player, making AF scoops a purchase rather than just a time sink.

I concur with this post. Remove AF from blackjack and force people to hit guess my number. Don’t limit the number of wins you can possible have though because a cap would only discourage utterly self-destructive play.

Blackjack would then just be for topping the flezz board but it would be nice to make Blackjack a bit less favorable to the player.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

Hey all,

We have reviewed all of the various suggestions, and in the sake of time and ease to implement we are proposing the following solutions to the Antifreeze Scoops issue.

1) Limit Gamble-Bot 3000 to only give out up to 5 Antifreeze scoops per user per day.

2) Allow Gamble-Bot 3000 to give out Antifreeze scoops for Guess My Number & Paper, Rock, Scissors as well.

That’s it for now. Quick, dirty and solves the problem. We hope.

Discuss. We’re looking to implement this by the start of the next Domination round.

B2015

I bumume Vanilla, Pistachio, Chocolate and Lemon Sherberts to be limited in that case as well? I think this is one of the worst possible ways to deal with the problem, reallyLog in to see images! I like sux2bu’s idea better, where AF is still unlimited in theory but the insanely lame odds of Guess my number should put a practical limit on scoops earned.

Edit: Damn you Vuron for ninja’ing me!

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 04/29/2008 12:24PM

child_snake

[Brainfreeze]

Level 50 Troll

“eBaum”

Maybe we should mix BINGEBOT 2015 and BirdofPrey suggestions.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

Lemons and pistachios are already capped by the number of visits you have. Vanillas are uncapped if you have a good raiding klan only, and choco scoops are hit or miss. The cap on AF just brings them in check, but makes vanilla raids overpowering again. I don’t know what a good compromise is.

markchd edited this message on 04/29/2008 12:31PM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

You can make a lot of flezz in Forumwarz (at least if you aren’t a troll Log in to see images!). I think GB is originally intended as a way to balance flezz in the game. At a certain point you can’t spend flezz reasonably otherwise and as a motivation to gamble it away you can earn some scoops. It’s a good idea badly executed. Ultimately you “buy” scoops and there is theoretically nothing wrong with it except that the scoops are way to cheap now because a player with a good strategy doesn’t or almost doesn’t loose flezz at all at Blackjack. So yeah, gambling has to be nerfed to favour the bank.

I don’t know how much flezz a greedy player with an optimised build can make by pwning forums in a week but that shouldn’t equal more than about 50 scoops through gambling or so. You could still save flezz for some weeks to get a big advantage in Domination for a certain week, but I think that would be ok.

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

markchd Posted:

Lemons and pistachios are already capped by the number of visits you have. Vanillas are uncapped if you have a good raiding klan only, and choco scoops are hit or miss. The cap on AF just brings them in check, but makes vanilla raids overpowering again. I don’t know what a good compromise is.

A 5 a day limit on antifreeze would make them way harder to obtain than any other scoop. I still don’t know what’s wrong with my suggestion to make GambleBot pay only 6:5 on a BJ rather than 3:2.

Marcos El Ma-
lo

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

If you nerf gambling, it won’t be any fun for those who gamble for purely recreational purposes. A better solution would be to nerf the scoop reward for gambling, making it more difficult as you gain more AF.

Another purpose gambling serves is to (potentially) gain flezz at the lowest levels. Maybe you’ve all been high level for too long to remember what it’s like to be low level, going thru Ep 1, and needing to buy some meds for a mission. Winning at BJ could mean the difference between grinding for a day (maybe two) or getting immediate gratification.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

SG94 Posted:

A 5 a day limit on antifreeze would make them way harder to obtain than any other scoop. I still don’t know what’s wrong with my suggestion to make GambleBot pay only 6:5 on a BJ rather than 3:2.

No one said nerf flezz, but nerf Anti Freeze Scoops.

Trolly McTro-
llerson

[Brainfreeze]

Level 67 Troll

“Human Yeast Infection”

SG94 Posted:

And this nerfs the oodles of AF scoops how, again?

damn.. ninja’d

Trolly McTrollerson edited this message on 04/29/2008 1:33PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

SG94 Posted:

What we’re trying to avoid is making it “mandatory” for people to gamble in order to compete in Domination. As it stands, the more you gamble, the more of a benefit for Domination (and your wallet) it becomes. Changing the payout will reduce the amount of Flezz you win (and in the long run will reduce your ability to keep gambling). But it doesn’t really fix the problem.

Putting a limit on the number of scoops you can get makes it much more attainable for any user to log in and get them daily, if they so choose. We have limits on some of the other scoops too (as was previously mentioned, Lemon, Pistachio) so it’s not like this is a new concept.

In general for the future we’d like better and more ways for users to get scoops, but not at a cost of sitting at your computer day in and day out. We want to avoid a situation where if you’re devoted enough to stay up all night and do an action (in this case gambling) that it gives you such an advantage over other players that no one else wants to participate (which is the current issue).

If the solution we’re proposing doesn’t address the issue, and worse, causes an issue, we can look to adjust again. This fix is quick and easy to do and should stop the current abuse and level the playing field for people to get involved again.

B2015

ugh.. long response means I get ninja’d.. ok then Log in to see images! BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 04/29/2008 1:43PM

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Trolly McTrollerson Posted:

And this nerfs the oodles of AF scoops how, again?

damn.. ninja’d

By making you lose   of which you have a limited amount?

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

Echuu Posted:

No one said nerf flezz, but nerf Anti Freeze Scoops.

Ok, then now I say nerf Flezz to nerf Antifreeze. I’m making flezz on gamblebot currently, is that a good thing then?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!