Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Debate Which is the moar badbum .moar file? (.moar stat spoilers if anyone cares)
Poll: Which .moar is more badbum?
You must be logged in to vote.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

MC Banhammer Posted:

The new stats reflect ET’s belief, as shown through the various prices of items, that Ego is a more important stat than Offense.

Twitter feed Posted:

We’ve boosted the stats on our most badbum .moar file.

See?

From what I can tell, the community doesn’t agree. So let’s find out once and for all!

compelling evidence for existence of belgium.pres
100 pieces, sells for 13.5 million 
 * Max Ego +2000
 * Offense +50

Colonel Sanders and the Chickenheads – Cluck Cluck Pbum.noiz
39 pieces, sells for 15.5 million
    * Defense +60
    * Max Ego +330
    * Frugality +12
    * Charisma +14
    * Offense +60

Yes, I know that they’re different types of files so you can have both. Yes, I know that Belgium is the top offense-giver in the dogreat timesent category. But I’m curious aside from all that.

sdgrbbum09

Avatar: 165234 2015-08-12 01:30:51 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 69 Troll

I AM A BOVINE bum BAR

I’d say Colonel Sanders, because I don’t really need an extra 2000 Ego, but I could use an extra 60 defense, 60 offense, etc.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

I can restore 2000 ego for a little over 200K in consumables from Fifth Avenue. 2000 ego is pretty much worthless.

As soon as we remove ego from this equation, there’s really no question.

Frank Drebin

Avatar: 223877 2009-12-30 13:22:00 -0500

Level 69 Permanoob

“Permanoob”

Ricket Posted:

I can restore 2000 ego for a little over 200K in consumables from Fifth Avenue. 2000 ego is pretty much worthless.

As soon as we remove ego from this equation, there’s really no question.

Think of all those 200K’s you could save?

Drakodan

Avatar: 57623 2010-05-29 20:03:09 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Surfing the Tubes

I never take damage anyway, so Colonel Sanders is still better.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

The Poll Posted:

compelling evidence for existence of belgium.pres: 1

ET? Is that you?

I’ll let you all know if the stats abruptly change again Log in to see images!

mterek

Avatar: 192622 2009-09-24 16:39:01 -0400

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think the big question is why are you comparing them. They’re different types of .moars, if both were Music files a trade-off war could be understandable. But equip both, pwn forums = best end.

Now, in terms of straight offense Colonel Sanders wins. Truthfully, all of its stats are worthless because of the cap except for Defense and Offense, and Defense is a weaker stat per point benefit than Offense. But that doesn’t change the fact Colonel Sanders gives +10 Offense over Belgium.

Whether or not +2000 Ego is better than 60 Defense and 10 Offense (+330 Ego) is a pressing question. I think it could be better, it depends on how many hits are taken and how much Ego one saves with Defense.

mterek edited this message on 06/05/2010 5:34PM

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

I’m the one who made that tweet (although I guess you could say ET approved it). I meant “badbum” as in difficulty to collect. The actual stats don’t necessarily reflect its badbumitude.

Sorry for the…something.

Dunatis

Avatar: 78885 2011-11-01 01:20:41 -0400

[Cabal Gamez]

Level 69 Hacker

Richard Whittington

Voted Sanders, but Belgium is more badbum if you compare to other .moars of the same type.

Unless like myself you actually want high stats in all categories…

Majestic Ban-
ana Slug

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Belgium is a disaster for us emos! 2000 ego – no thanks.

Chickenheads isn’t so great either, I don’t want all that damn defense.

On a tangentially related matter CZ – raise the damn fan cap to 20 or 30k so that there is actually a challenge for emos and hackers to hit max in a few of the forums.

Majestic Banana Slug edited this message on 06/05/2010 7:37PM

Joseph of Su-
burbia

Avatar: 182182 2014-09-14 14:41:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

Foumwarz.com, Dev-free since 2012!

I UPGRADED MYSELF TO ABOUT 5000 EGO, AND EVEN THAT IS WAY MORE THAN I PRETTY MUCH EVER NEED. I CAN’T SEE MYSELF NEEDING THE UPGRADES EITHER, ESPECIALLY WITH .MOARS LIKE QUADRUPLE AMPUTEE TO HELP ME BUY THINGS. POINT IS, I THINK THERE IS REALLY NO COMPARISON BETWEEN CHICKENHEADS AND BELGIUM, BUT YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND IT IS A DOgreat timesENT FILE. HAVING SAID THAT, THOUGH, I DON’T THINK IT IS GOOD ENOUGH TO WARRANT 10 PIECES, NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF FILE IT IS.

notallcapsincd

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Majestic Banana Slug Posted:

Belgium is a disaster for us emos! 2000 ego – no thanks.

Chickenheads isn’t so great either, I don’t want all that damn defense.

On a tangentially related matter CZ – raise the damn fan cap to 20 or 30k so that there is actually a challenge for emos and hackers to hit max in a few of the forums.

Isn’t Emo Kid damage related to the % of Ego lost? Wouldn’t that mean higher Ego results in more damage done in the long run?

If you were being sarcastic I can understand. I’m not used to conversing with banana slugs, most of the slugs I’ve met in the past had trouble speaking after I dumped salt on them.

mterek Posted:

Isn’t Emo Kid damage related to the % of Ego lost? Wouldn’t that mean higher Ego results in more damage done in the long run?

If you were being sarcastic I can understand. I’m not used to conversing with banana slugs, most of the slugs I’ve met in the past had trouble speaking after I dumped salt on them.

If you have 5000 starting ego and use a death note you go down to 96% of your starting ego and your attacks go up a minuscule amount. If your starting ego is 600 and you play a death note you drop your ego by 33% and your attacks become quite strong. Do it when your base ego 220 and you become an unstoppable engine of destruction.

For the record, banana slugs are never sarcastic because they are all humourless male reproductive organs.

Also, alt fail.

Grand Galactic Inquisitor edited this message on 06/05/2010 7:55PM

mterek

[mahjong]

Level 69 Re-Re

Ah, Death Note. I knew it was a great attack, but I never imagined it would change how Emo Kids spec themselves so profoundly.

What good are upgrade points, then, once you’ve maxed out Offense and Ego Upkeep?

mterek edited this message on 06/05/2010 8:23PM

mterek Posted:

Ah, Death Note. I knew it was a great attack, but I never imagined it would change how Emo Kids spec themselves so profoundly.

What good are upgrade points, then, once you’ve maxed out Offense and Ego Upkeep?

For emos they aren’t, I can’t spend them all, I have 20 or 30 left over that I don’t want to use for ego or defense.

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

I picked Belgium because +2000 ego means you don’t have to spend upgrade points on ego so they can be placed on other things like offense. If I got this file I wouldn’t have to worry about putting any upgrade points into ego so I think it is better in those terms.

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Bear Posted:

I picked Belgium because +2000 ego means you don’t have to spend upgrade points on ego so they can be placed on other things like offense. If I got this file I wouldn’t have to worry about putting any upgrade points into ego so I think it is better in those terms.

Huh? Offense is capped and you have more than enough upgrade points to get everything you need – max out offense, maybe luck and put about 20 points into upkeep. Then you still have a lot points left to put into defense or ego or whatever…

Bear

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Amasius Posted:

Huh? Offense is capped and you have more than enough upgrade points to get everything you need – max out offense, maybe luck and put about 20 points into upkeep. Then you still have a lot points left to put into defense or ego or whatever…

I don’t use any upkeep because even when I take damage the max I have ever had to pay is a million or two. Do other emos not max all attacks? Now I am wondering what other emos use as their set up. I never use death note because trying to get myself damage for damage is a waste of time and repairs.

Bear edited this message on 06/05/2010 9:31PM

Amasius

Avatar: 21158 2015-06-13 23:07:57 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

OMFG! It is MY bum!

Bear Posted:

I don’t use any upkeep because even when I take damage the max I have ever had to pay is a million or two. Do other emos not max all attacks? Now I am wondering what other emos use as their set up. I never use death note because trying to get myself damage for damage is a waste of time and repairs.

Well, if you put some measly points into upkeep you don’t have to worry about repairs. And like I said you have enough upgrade points. Death note is great on forums where aggression does a lot of damage, especially nice if you are grinding fans.

Bear

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

Amasius Posted:

Well, if you put some measly points into upkeep you don’t have to worry about repairs. And like I said you have enough upgrade points. Death note is great on forums where aggression does a lot of damage, especially nice if you are grinding fans.

Well it could be I already have the fan peen so not much worry for that. I haven’t had to many forums I couldn’t take out in 1 or 2 hits so I never have much or any problem. If they could make more forums like the last one then I might add upkeep but until then I seen no use for it.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!