Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Gay general suggestions thread!

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Cubear Posted:

Evil Trout Posted:

You know games usually don’t, but off the top of my head I can’t think of a good reason not to. It’s hard for me to believe that someone would be like “YES, the secret forumla, I will now start up my own competitor to Forumwarz.”

I’ll ask at our next Crotch Zombie meeting and see what the other guys say.

A big reason nobody posts their formula is because it encourages everybody’s build to be exactly the same.

It’s not as if that doesn’t usually happen anyways, but with or without the formulae I can see myself spending the dough to redo my character two or three times to see what effect high amounts of certain stats do for me.

We talked about giving out the new formulas last night and basically agreed with this. It might ruin the fun for some players to know exactly what magic is at work behind the scenes.

Also, the formulas aren’t too hard to figure out if you work at it, so you could consider it a bit of a challenge (although in the rebalancing some forumlas take into account more variables).

CJLJ

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Yeah i’ll just try to work them out. Although defense will be harder because i don’t generally try to fight the same forums over and over at different levels. By the way does luck increase chance to dodge? It’s the only stat i can think of that would.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Heh, I’ll tell you this, in the Rebalanced Version (coming Tomorrow or Thurs night) there are two variables involved in dodging. There was only one previously.

milk on ur b-
ape

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

is luck involved in dodging now?

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

I want to be able to prank somebody’s name.

Maybe give them the option to change their name back to normal after a couple days?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cubear Posted:

Maybe give them the option to change their name back to normal after a couple days?

We actually talked about this in meetings. The main reason we didn’t was because we wanted to be able to turn it back like you said, and we didn’t have a facility in place to do so.

I think the next upgrade to pranks will have some time based ones (including this one).

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Maybe when you prank lots of people you get an e-peen? You know something like ‘Spends too much money on the internet’ – This person used their last Hot Topic cheque to buy avatars for people on the Internet.

Or when you get pranked a lot? Some kind of similar thing, I;m not bery creative with the ideas though

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cyst Posted:

Maybe when you prank lots of people you get an e-peen? You know something like ‘Spends too much money on the internet’ – This person used their last Hot Topic cheque to buy avatars for people on the Internet.

Or when you get pranked a lot? Some kind of similar thing, I;m not bery creative with the ideas though

We discussed this, but we thought it seemed a bit greedy, like an e-peen you could only get by spending money. I know we have the best player ever one now, but there’s a difference between rewarding all people who threw us a couple of bucks (no matter how little) and rewarding people who spend a lot.

Or maybe I’m just paranoid about such things Log in to see images!

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Oh yeah that’s a good point Log in to see images!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

Evil Trout Posted:

Cubear Posted:

We actually talked about this in meetings. The main reason we didn’t was because we wanted to be able to turn it back like you said, and we didn’t have a facility in place to do so.

I think the next upgrade to pranks will have some time based ones (including this one).

you could also charge flezz to change it back early? (maybe a larger sum than a smaller one?)

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Evil Trout Posted:

We discussed this, but we thought it seemed a bit greedy, like an e-peen you could only get by spending money. I know we have the best player ever one now, but there’s a difference between rewarding all people who threw us a couple of bucks (no matter how little) and rewarding people who spend a lot.

Maybe make it so that you can purchase brownie points for ridiculously large amounts of Flezz? This way it can act as a money sink and give players something they can work towards (i.e. another E-Peen). If you don’t want to give them full access to the suite of Brownieable abilities, perhaps arrange it so they can only buy Prank Points with Flezz?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

eponymous_ennui Posted:

Evil Trout Posted:

Maybe make it so that you can purchase brownie points for ridiculously large amounts of Flezz? This way it can act as a money sink and give players something they can work towards (i.e. another E-Peen). If you don’t want to give them full access to the suite of Brownieable abilities, perhaps arrange it so they can only buy Prank Points with Flezz?

We’re probably going to do this. We’ve already talked about it in meetings, it’s just a matter of putting together the code to do so.

Maestro

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Maybe some variation in battles could come from attacks/equipment doing different things against various forums?

specifically, i think Prunecomputers doing additional damage against the Feces-forum would make sense – and how come the Awful poetry-attack is useful in the Woe is Us-forum? The forum description implies that everything there is already pretty horrible. Consequently the attack should do a lot less damage there.

Lastly, if the bug about being able to benefit from other clbumes’ equipment is not a bug, would it be possible to have the items show up like other equipment? I.e. I’m an Emo Kid, but am currently wearing Camwhore euipment for +1 offense and +1 defense. The only way to see those pieces of equipment, however, is in the ppawn shoppe or Bruce’s fix-all.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

I am of the opinion that this needs to be a troll avatar option.

It’s a well-known optical illusion that’s intended to be viewed upside-down. This way it just looks weird as ****. Seems to fit.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Maestro Posted:

Maybe some variation in battles could come from attacks/equipment doing different things against various forums?

specifically, i think Prunecomputers doing additional damage against the Feces-forum would make sense – and how come the Awful poetry-attack is useful in the Woe is Us-forum? The forum description implies that everything there is already pretty horrible. Consequently the attack should do a lot less damage there.

Lastly, if the bug about being able to benefit from other clbumes’ equipment is not a bug, would it be possible to have the items show up like other equipment? I.e. I’m an Emo Kid, but am currently wearing Camwhore euipment for +1 offense and +1 defense. The only way to see those pieces of equipment, however, is in the ppawn shoppe or Bruce’s fix-all.

Good suggestions and are things we plan to do in Episode 2.

As for the bug, yes I’m aware of it and plan to fix it relatively soon.

Flint

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

They call me brokeback imafabulous person

i notice that at my native resolution, there’s a lot of blank space on the orange bar. this may not work for everybody, but could you put a character switcher up there? Just a quick little “click the avatar you’d like to use” thing. should probably be completely disabled while pwning, though.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Flint Posted:

i notice that at my native resolution, there’s a lot of blank space on the orange bar. this may not work for everybody, but could you put a character switcher up there? Just a quick little “click the avatar you’d like to use” thing. should probably be completely disabled while pwning, though.

A character switching option is definitely coming, right now it’s one of the most requested features.

In the meantime, you can go to http://www.forumwarz.com/characters to switch characters, there’s just no link.

Flint

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

They call me brokeback imafabulous person

Yeah, I’ve got a bookmark to the character screen, I was just wondering about a good use for that blank space.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Oh! how about some sort of e-peen finder now, like we can click on an e-peen and it’d take us to a list of people that share that e-peen.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cubear Posted:

Oh! how about some sort of e-peen finder now, like we can click on an e-peen and it’d take us to a list of people that share that e-peen.

Someone else asked for this recently and I think it’s a good idea!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!