Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Drugs Luck versus Charisma

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

From the wiki article:

The value of gifts you receive is calculated based on the cred*, charisma, luck and number of unique forums pwned that day. The exact formula is only known to ET so far.

Luck, charisma and cred* govern the value of the items you recieve, the number of unique forums pwned that day governs the amount of items you recieve.

(*specifically the change in cred earned over the previous day)

But since the fans system is relatively new, that might be out of date. Seems like fans ought to affect deliveries since they’re the nominal explanation for the gifts you receive. Fans earned could replace cred earned as the measure of your days pwnage, but it’s more directly a replacement for speedruns in working out how many lemon scoops to award.

Whether the best thing is to maximise the sum or the product of your Luck and Charisma… again, still needs to be spaded out. If fans is a factor it could be hard to separate it out though.

Edited after I saw Banhammer’s posts: Like I thought, fans is the replacement for speedruns, so it’s just the luck/charisma balance that needs to be worked out.

man-man edited this message on 09/25/2009 5:15PM

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Luck: 62

Charisma: 16

Fans: 3,287

# of unique forums pwn’ed yesterday: 3

Cred at rollover: 240306

Cred gained yesterday: dunno

# of deliveries: 7

Total value of deliveries: 79,916

Camber edited this message on 09/26/2009 10:06AM

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Thanks for the wiki link man-man, that’s what I was looking for.

Seems really counter-intuitive that the # of Fans you have is not considered in the calculation of how much stuff you receive from them. But given that Fans are a relatively new concept in the game in makes sense historically.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Camber Posted:

Charisma: 16

Fans: 3,287

Cred at rollover: 240306

# of deliveries: 7

Total value of deliveries: 79,916

Stating for the record, this is p much exactly the kind of data it’d be good to see for spading this thing out. No fuss, no mess, just a nice set of numbers. Although, lacking the amount of cred gained makes this specific data point less useful…

If anyone wants to be super awesome in providing useful data (there’s got to be alts out there that aren’t being used) then running the same set of four forums repeatedly, to get as similar cred changes as possible, while varying your luck/charisma would be the clearest means of picking out the effect of the 2 stats. We know that more pwnage = better deliveries, but we can’t maximise both Luck and Charisma, so finding the balance between the 2 is the main point of doing this as far as I can see.

But any data is good, the differences in cred-gain can always be averaged out by grouping similar data together.

Your_Adonis

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Luck: 19

Charisma: 24

Fans: 647

# of unique forums pwn’ed yesterday: 1

Cred at rollover: 72017

# of deliveries: 11

Total value of deliveries: 26,062

I’m including the “Cred at Rollover” line because when I post on subsequent days, it’ll make it easy to calculate cred gain for the prior day.

Given man-man’s endorsement above, I’d propose this following as the standardized form for reporting data for luck/charisma spading. Should we start a new thread for it or just keep posting here?

———————-

Luck:

Charisma:

Fans:

# of unique forums pwn’ed yesterday:

Cred at rollover:

Cred gained yesterday:

# of deliveries:

Total value of deliveries:

(Note: it is not necessary or desired to enumerate specific deliveries.)

Your_Adonis edited this message on 09/26/2009 10:27PM

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Anyone know an easy way to track cred gain on a character at the level cap?

I know it’s possible to do the maths from the number of threads the forum had and the info in the wiki on base cred/bonus cred, but that’s kinda arduous stuff…

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

man-man Posted:

Anyone know an easy way to track cred gain on a character at the level cap?

Doesn’t it tell you after each thread how much cred you gained? Or at the end of the forum itself.

Copy-paste is going be our friend.

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Your_Adonis Posted:

Should we start a new thread for it or just keep posting here?

———————-

Luck:

Charisma:

Fans:

# of unique forums pwn’ed yesterday:

Cred at rollover:

Cred gained yesterday:

# of deliveries:

Total value of deliveries:

Ooh, this is good stuff. I heartily endorse this. Tell us exactly what you want/need from us Man-man, and ye shall recieve. I’d even go so far as to state we should focus on a specific set of four forums. I could be wrong though.

The question is, start a new thread with your parameters specified, or continue here?

Ie: I want you to run these (x) forums, this is the info that will be of the most use to me. One of the problems, methinks, is determining what exactly affects certain things and what doesn’t. Clbum? Streak length? Etc.

I’ll have a someone ready to run with zero luck/charisma as a base in the next week or so.

“Don’t put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That’s why they’re called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes.”

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

I’m hoping that the deliveries formula is only based on the previous days run of forums, independent of streak length, level, clbum, total cred or your overall pwning variety. Hoping.

To bash out the role of luck and charisma, it would be helpful if each run had the same cred gain, just vary the things under examination. Doesn’t matter which 4 forums it is, but hitting the same 4 over and over would be the easiest way of doing things.

Ideally speaking, I’d then have a set of like-for-like data where the only varying factors are Luck and Charisma. It’s not going to be that perfect, but as said, we can average together broadly similar runs to get the same effect. If there’s a random factor in there (seems likely) then having many repetitions of the same data points is useful too.

To get started, just provide whatever data you get, if trends start emerging I can ask to focus on something specific.

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Luck: 15

Charisma: 15

Fans: 4074

# of unique forums pwn’ed yesterday: 4

Cred at rollover: 285715

Cred gained yesterday: 45409

# of deliveries: 24

Total value of deliveries: 41249

(Forgot to equip my rollover set.)

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

MC Banhammer Posted:

Doesn’t it tell you after each thread how much cred you gained? Or at the end of the forum itself.

Copy-paste is going be our friend.

Now that I have visits again I’ve checked this out. It does indeed tell you your cred-gain after each thread, so you could copy-paste it and add it up. But by the time you’re doing that, I think it’s easier to use the formula.

Each thread you pwn gives you a base figure, and the bonus for pwning subsequent threads is 1/5 the base cred multiplied by one less than the number of threads pwned so far. All the detail is in the wiki but the important part is the resulting formula for your total cred-gain from a forum.

If the base cred (which can be found either from the forum list, or by copy-pasting from the thread-dead screen) is C, and the thread count is N, you gain (C*N*(N+9))/10 cred from pwning the whole forum. There’s some rounding error in that coming from the fact that your bonus per thread is rounded down to a whole number, but it’s close enough.

So for example, Atheists’ Heaven: base cred 56399, 9 threads, cred-gain = (56399 * 9 * 18)/10 = 913663 by the formula, which is only 3 off the actual amount I recorded by copy-pasting as I went along. So I’ve got a note of it, estimated total cred-gain for today was 2884285.

Your_Adonis

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Luck: 16

Charisma: 22

Fans: 984

Cred at rollover: 113870

Cred gained yesterday: 41853

# of deliveries: 24

Total value of deliveries: 71336

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Charisma: 17

Fans: 5568

Cred at rollover: 348240

Cred gained yesterday: 62525

# of deliveries: 18

Total value of deliveries: 98759

Sold with Frugality of: 21

Your_Adonis

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Luck: 21

Charisma: 31

Fans: 1,426

Cred at rollover: 147350

Cred gained yesterday: 33480

# of deliveries: 16

Total value of deliveries: 57122

Sold with Frugality of: 9

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Your_Adonis Posted:

Sold with Frugality of: 9

It’s already established that the effect of Frugality on your selling prices maxes out at 10, this is what I’d take to be the ‘value’ of deliveries, since 10 Frugality isn’t exactly hard to achieve once you’re past a certain point.

It’ll carry on making things cheaper to buy until level 50-something, but for making things more valuable to sell, 10 is the limit. So… yeah, I’d rather just have data with Frug>=10.

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Charisma: 21

Fans: 6970

Cred at rollover: 435631

Cred gained yesterday: 87391

# of deliveries: 16

Total value of deliveries: 94460

Your_Adonis

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Luck: 23

Fans: 2002

Cred at rollover: 196874

Cred gained yesterday: 49524

# of deliveries: 22

Total value of deliveries: 84549

Sold with Frugality of: >10 (won’t report this anymore)

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Your_Adonis Posted:

Sold with Frugality of: >10 (won’t report this anymore)

Many thanks.

man-man

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Whilst I’m here… some thoughts on useful things to test out, to get some variety in the data. It’d get there eventually with random data points, but it might enable some rough idea to become apparent earlier… or not, who knows Log in to see images!

• Pick a set of 4 forums and pwn them repeatedly with different combinations of luck and charisma. Or if possible, keep Luck the same but change Charisma (or the reverse)
  • Keep Luck/Charisma the same and on 1 day pwn 4 high-level forums, the next day pwn 4 low-level forums. Might help discern the role of cred-gain as against number of forums pwned
  • More permutations of the second point would be variations like 8 low-level vs 4 high level (with Luck/Charisma staying the same), or anything similar you can think of.
  • Pretty much anything where you keep everything as close to the same as you can, but significantly change one factor will help to discern the role of that variable and how much effect it has.
  • Repeating a run exactly (same forums, same stats) will help to show how much of a random element there is, and be good for averaging out that randomosity.

As always, any data is good data, but targeting it to the above may be helpful.

Your_Adonis

Level 17 Camwhore

“Attention Slut”

Hopefully others reading will reply with data gathered according to your strategies man-man. I would myself in the name of Science but I’m still playing to win / see the story on both these chars, so I’ll just keep on posting what happens along the way.

Luck: 23

Fans: 2407

Cred at rollover: 235083

Cred gained yesterday: 38209

# of deliveries: 18

Total value of deliveries: 62799

Your_Adonis edited this message on 09/30/2009 10:35PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!