Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

MC Banhammer Posted:

Doesn’t it tell you after each thread how much cred you gained? Or at the end of the forum itself.

Copy-paste is going be our friend.

Now that I have visits again I’ve checked this out. It does indeed tell you your cred-gain after each thread, so you could copy-paste it and add it up. But by the time you’re doing that, I think it’s easier to use the formula.

Each thread you pwn gives you a base figure, and the bonus for pwning subsequent threads is 1/5 the base cred multiplied by one less than the number of threads pwned so far. All the detail is in the wiki but the important part is the resulting formula for your total cred-gain from a forum.

If the base cred (which can be found either from the forum list, or by copy-pasting from the thread-dead screen) is C, and the thread count is N, you gain (C*N*(N+9))/10 cred from pwning the whole forum. There’s some rounding error in that coming from the fact that your bonus per thread is rounded down to a whole number, but it’s close enough.

So for example, Atheists’ Heaven: base cred 56399, 9 threads, cred-gain = (56399 * 9 * 18)/10 = 913663 by the formula, which is only 3 off the actual amount I recorded by copy-pasting as I went along. So I’ve got a note of it, estimated total cred-gain for today was 2884285.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!