Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Drugs Luck versus Charisma

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

ghax Posted:

13 is very realistic. it’s used in dom all the time. u prep a forum before rollover with at least 8 visits remaining. rollover hits, u have 12 forum visits and your prepped forum. pwn all 13. profit.

don’t think that’s a hack at all. if it is, a LOT of people are guilty.

snipe

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

That’s not 13 visits at all, you’ll still only get a maximum of 12 even at rollover Log in to see images!

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Chawin Posted:

That’s not 13 visits at all, you’ll still only get a maximum of 12 even at rollover Log in to see images!

This.

It might be a good dom strategy, but I see very little use for it in non-dom. You’re not actually gaining a visit, you’re just moving it from one day to the next. 12 is still the maximum you can bank if, for example, you’re away for a while.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

sorry. i thought the algorithm was “count the number of forums you finished pwning between rollover and rollover, factor in cred gain, luck, charisma at the time of rollover, and spit out a list of items”.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

That may be what you’re trying to do, but then what difference does it make if you do 11 one day and 13 the next, as compared to 12 one day and 12 the next?

I was just basically saying “Don’t throw misleading information out there”. And the post I began responding to seemed to serve no other real purpose.

man-man

Avatar: 156485 2010-01-24 16:36:14 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 69 Hacker

Selfish fine upstanding member of society

MC Banhammer Posted:

That may be what you’re trying to do, but then what difference does it make if you do 11 one day and 13 the next, as compared to 12 one day and 12 the next?

Potentially the same kind of difference as there is between doing 12 visits on one day instead of doing 4 visits on 3 days.

Although given that stacking up extra visits on one day seems to add less than spreading them out, 13+11 would likely work out being not as good as 12+12, and both would probable be beaten overall by 4+4+4+4+4+4

I also want to know what kind of hax you’re using to be able to use 12 visits on one day, and then another 12 the next day.

man-man edited this message on 08/16/2009 3:05PM

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

man-man Posted:

I also want to know what kind of hax you’re using to be able to use 12 visits on one day, and then another 12 the next day.

I have well over 4000 visits ready to go. don’t worry about that.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

ghax Posted:

I have well over 4000 visits ready to go. don’t worry about that.

Are you using the test server for this? You do realize that might not be fully functional, right? And so the data you receive might not be correct?

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

MC Banhammer Posted:

Are you using the test server for this? You do realize that might not be fully functional, right? And so the data you receive might not be correct?

If you’d rather I do it on this server for consistency, I’m cool with that. I have nothing against buying the 69 visits cheat on an alt over and over. Just send the Log in to see images!

Chawin

Avatar: 146808 2012-12-30 22:05:41 -0500

[Deth Krew 2010]

Level 69 Hacker

Scared of death

ghax Posted:

If you’d rather I do it on this server for consistency, I’m cool with that. I have nothing against buying the 69 visits cheat on an alt over and over. Just send the Log in to see images!

A. MC Banhammer has nothing to do with CZ

B. This isn’t an official data collection

Both combined mean; why should Banhammer give you BP for something that has nothing to do with what he isn’t part of? Log in to see images!

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Chawin Posted:

A. MC Banhammer has nothing to do with CZ

B. This isn’t an official data collection

Both combined mean; why should Banhammer give you BP for something that has nothing to do with what he isn’t part of? Log in to see images!

He shouldn’t. (No need to if we’re only testing normal conditions) That was more of a general statement.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

You have at least five alts ghax; that’s 20 visits a day. Instead of running visits wildly on some imaginary server, why don’t you occupy your time more meaningfully by making the data you collect useful rather than simply collecting mountains of sloppily organized and purely speculative data.

i.e. report:

alt 1 ran these four forums on this number threads each and earned this cred per forum. On this luck/charisma number this character received x items valued at y.

Alternately, you could post how many of which items you got from which forums.

And nobody in CZ needs to pay to learn this algorithm. I mean, what do you think, ET did some funky voodoo on the server and magically conjurs up deliveries? ET already knows the algorithm.

ghax

Level 35 Camwhore

Fortunato Posted:

Mountains of sloppily organized

How on earth is a screenshot of the deliveries sloppy? You have the item, price, number, and total value very nicely displayed. Works for any rollover regardless of which server and how many forums are run.

purely speculative data.

It’s speculative b/c it was on test server. Agreed.

alt 1 ran these four forums on this number threads each and earned this cred per forum.

Very funny. I’m not sacrificing Log in to see images! just to be able to dogreat timesent that information. 2/3 of my dom-disabled alts are busy farming files. The rest can test.

Fortunato Posted:

On this luck/charisma number this character received x items valued at y. Alternately, you could post how many of which items you got from which forums.

That’s the way I’ve BEEN doing it. Remember the screenshot?

And nobody in CZ needs to pay to learn this algorithm. I mean, what do you think, ET did some funky voodoo on the server and magically conjurs up deliveries? ET already knows the algorithm.

As I said earlier, no need for BP from anyone if we’re testing realistic situations on the real server. Since I found what should be well beyond the cap, realistic scenarios are all we have left to test.

ghax edited this message on 08/17/2009 8:57AM

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Luck -95

Charisma -75

(Upgraded to RectumScan 7.0, finally)

Forums pwned

-DeviousArtists

-MathBlasters

-Anarchist’s Playbook

-The Urbane Dictionary

Gifts that arrived

-Toy Eyeball x2

-Magic Mushroom x2

-Expired ground pork x 1

-Fish head x2

-Genuine Asimov OS x1

-Children’s Playhouse Kit x1

-Empty Gas Pump x2

-McBuggy Anti-Antivirus x1

-Electronic Transportation Device x1

-Jews Harp x1

-Pipe Organ x1

-Mary Magdelene x1

Total gifts recieved

Total Flezz from gifts

-31 102

Afterthotz edited this message on 08/18/2009 2:25AM

Afterthotz

Avatar: 187543 2010-01-24 16:13:10 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Hacker

I lurk much better than I post - and my lurking skills really suck.

Luck -95

Charisma -75

Forums pwned

-Informercial Enthusiasts (As seen on this forum!)

-Plagaristic Intentions

-Childhood Trauma Forgettance Forum

-The Sweaty Handbook for Virgins

Gifts that arrived

-Toy Eyeball x1

-Marble x1

-Chinese Takeaway x 1

-Rusty Old Kettle x1

-“Magic” Mushroom x1

-Abandoned Tire x1

-Human Skull x1

-Children’s Playhouse Kit x2

-Empty Gas Pump x1

-Bicycle x5

-Motherboard x2

Total gifts recieved

Total Flezz from gifts

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

Two questions:

#1 Why do we believe that cred earned or number of forums pwned have a direct impact on deliveries? Can anyone point to a doc or dev post where that’s stated?

As I understood it, deliveries depended on the number of *fans* you had at rollover (as well as charisma and luck). Of course you gain fans via pwning/cred, but if that’s the only connection between pwning/cred and deliveries, then we should only be studying # of fans.

(I believe you lose fewer fans pwning 4 forums per day compared to 12 every 3, which would explain why the latter gets poorer deliveries.)

#2 When making gear choices, is it better to maximize Luck + Charisma, or better to maximize whichever is currently the weakest of the two?

Case in point, I’m a Hacker sitting at 62 Luck / 16 Charisma in my rollover set (at level 14).

From the text descriptions it *sounds* like the total value of a set of deliveries will scale with Luck times Charisma — in which case it’d be better to make a gear change that gained me 2 Charisma (62x18=1116) than to make a change that gained me 6 Luck (68x16=1088).

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Camber Posted:

#1 Why do we believe that cred earned or number of forums pwned have a direct impact on deliveries? Can anyone point to a doc or dev post where that’s stated?

At the very least, it’s in the cinematic when Shallow first teaches you about pwning.

As to your number 2, the Luck/Charisma question STILL isn’t answered. However, it is my opinion that you should max charisma at the expense of luck, not the other way around.

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

MC Banhammer Posted:

At the very least, it’s in the cinematic when Shallow first teaches you about pwning.

The cinematic just says do A, B, C, and you get Flezz. If the algorithm to generate deliveries took only “Luck”, “Charisma”, and “Fans” as variables, that’d be consistent with the cinematic. But maybe there’s other data that rules that out — which is why I’m asking.

Camber

Level 17 Hacker

“Packet Sniffer ”

MC Banhammer Posted:

As to your number 2, the Luck/Charisma question STILL isn’t answered. However, it is my opinion that you should max charisma at the expense of luck, not the other way around.

Thanks — do you mean in my particular 62 Luck / 16 Charisma situation, or were you saying you think Charisma should always be maxed at the expense of Luck regardless of current numbers?

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Camber Posted:

The cinematic just says do A, B, C, and you get Flezz. If the algorithm to generate deliveries took only “Luck”, “Charisma”, and “Fans” as variables, that’d be consistent with the cinematic. But maybe there’s other data that rules that out — which is why I’m asking.

That wasn’t your question. Your question was:

Camber Posted:

I answered that. The cinematic showed you pwn forums, you gain cred, they send you stuff. The more threads you pwn, the more cred you get.

Fans are unrelated to deliveries. Fans are a function of how well you pwn forums and translate only to lemon scoops.

Camber Posted:

Thanks — do you mean in my particular 62 Luck / 16 Charisma situation, or were you saying you think Charisma should always be maxed at the expense of Luck regardless of current numbers?

I would absolutely get your charisma higher in your case. It’s speculated that there are Charisma and Luck upgrade caps, but no one’s been able to spade the correct information because it’s so tough to do.

You can search for the umpteen other threads which try to address the balance for more on this topic.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!