Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Fun New Domination Card Suggestions

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Currently, there are 4 ‘Attack’ Cards (bumhole, Destroyer, Shotgun, Thief), 2 ‘Self-Help’ Cards (Modest Improvement, Switcheroo) and 1 ‘Reconnaissance’ Card (Peeping Tom).

This means you’re more likely to get ‘Attack’ cards than ‘Self-Help’ cards, which means that most Domination plays are going to be about screwing over other players. I’d like to suggest some cards that would keep a balanced gameplay but offer more strategy to the game.

‘The Mystery Leftovers‘ – Gain three random scoops for yourself (Combined with Switcheroos & Modest Improvements, it could make an interesting endgame for the Min Scoop Run, as well as to help defend against the random Shotgun from another player)

‘The Wall’ – Cancels the effect of the next card played on you by another player. Note: Only one ‘The Wall’ may be active at any one time. If you play a second ‘The Wall’ while the first is still active, it’s effects are lost. You can play a new ‘The Wall’ card immediately after the first has triggered and is no longer active. (You‘ve got a solid lead of about 40 scoops, but you just used Peeping Tom to find out that the guy with 3 scoops is packing 5 bumholes. Luckily for you, you‘ve got a couple of The Walls, so if you stay alert and pay attention during the endgame, you may just be able to keep your scoops and win the round.)

‘Mbum Chaos’ – By using this card, two random players (possibly even yourself) are selected, and a random flavor is chosen. Those two random players immediately swap scoop totals in that flavor. Note: Only one ‘The Mbum Chaos’ card can be purchased, per player per round. (So someone has found a legal way to work the system and ambum an insane amount of Chocolate Scoops? No worries! With this card, you might have a chance to screw with them… or it might just screw you or one of your buddies over. If you’re lucky, this card could change the game. If you’re unlucky, you may just have traded your 25 Lemon Scoops for Lil’ Abner’s one. But the mere existence of this card means that no one can ever be sure that they‘re safe.)

‘Take My Scoop, Please’ – This card, once played, ensures that any random scoops lost from attacks (such as from an bumhole or Shotgun) are taken from your most scoops first (I.e., your ‘Fave Flav‘). Specifically targeted attacks (such as Destroyer) still work normally, as would ‘Mbum Chaos’. Note that if your ‘Fave Flav’ changes for any reason, then this card simply follows over to the new flavor. (Many wonderful strategies could utilize this card)

’The Equalizer’ – This card serves but one purpose: to remove your opponent’s Domination Cards from their hand. For each ’The Equalizer’ you play on a chosen opponent, they will lose one random card from their hand. You cannot force a player to below 5 Cards, however. (Jesus Christ, that guy has 35 Domination Cards? What the hell, man? We’ve got to bring him down to size, so let’s team up!)

Just a few off the top of my head.

Acid Flux edited this message on 03/19/2008 9:55PM

ahjteam

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 16 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

More suggestions

“Safesex” – When activated, the next Domination Card action against you gets nullified. The effect lasts only 24 hours

“Mirror Mirror on the Wall” – When activated, the next Domination Card action against you gets reflected back to them. For example, if enemy used Shotgun, he would suffer the effect instead of you. The effect lasts only 24 hours

“Counter Attack” – The next attacker that attacks you gets two scoops removed from them. If they don’t have any, they will get one Domination Card removed. The effect lasts only 24 hours

“Spreader” – You must have atleast four scoops of fava flava to activate this. When activated, the four fava flava scoops get spread across the other scoops equally. For example, if your FF would be Vanilla, you would lose 4 vanilla and get 1 antifreeze, 1 chocolate, 1 lemon and 1 istachio

“Double Edged Sword” – You and the victim must have atleast 20 scoops to activate this. When activated, you will lose all of you scoops and the chosen victim will lose half of their scoops at random

“The Card Thief” – Steal one random Domination Card from the chosen opponent

“male reproductive organshot” – Disables the chosen user to use their Domation Cards for the next 24 hours. This cannot be piled up (means if its already activated, additional male reproductive organshot card does nothing), it must count down to zero first and then it can be used again.

“Swapper” – Similiar to Switcheroo, but add all of the chosen scoops to other flavor, eg. if you have 5 lemon and 1 vanilla and you use swapper, you would have 0 lemon and 6 vanilla

“Failed Suicide” – Removes all your scoops for 10 Domation Cards. You must have atleast 20 scoops to activate this

JThizz

[Brainfreeze]

Level 24 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

snowball: attack effects sent to a different chosen/random target

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

This thread seems useful. I’m going to sticky it until CZ tells me to not do that.

Nissyenia

Level 17 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Sweet Revenge: Only usable after being attacked. Will deliver the same type of damage as received, only 2x. Example: Scullyangel uses a thief card on Nissyenia, taking 1 Anti-freeze. Nissyenia uses her Sweet Revenge and steals her Anti-freeze back, as well as one of Scullyangel’s.

Sancdar

[Team Shortbus]

Level 50 Camwhore

LCC club

ahjteam Posted:

”male reproductive organshot” – Disables the chosen user to use their Domation Cards for the next 24 hours. This cannot be piled up (means if its already activated, additional male reproductive organshot card does nothing), it must count down to zero first and then it can be used again.

On behalf of the entire Sisterhood, I’d like to say that we wish this card had been around this round.

But seriously, as written that’s no good. Maybe prevent their next card from playing, but don’t tell them it’s on? At least that would let people waste extra Switcheroos and Peeping Toms to get rid of it.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

I posted this in the other vanilla thread, but it seems more appropriate here.

***“Catastrophe – Remove 10% of the scoops from every player.”

***“What Plans? – Destroy 2 random Domination Cards from the player of your choice.”

***“Commit Suicide – Using this card will destroy all of your scoops plus 2 of your Domination cards at random (you must be able to pay the cost.) Chose 5 other players, randomly destroy half the number of scoops you sacrificed from each of the selected players.”

***“Switcharoo part Deux – By playing this card, you can swap all of the scoops in two of your chosen opponents flavas.”

***“Chaos Rules – randomly destroy or award 3 scoops to every player. (The random function would be be a coin flip for each player either giving them scoops and taking scoops.)

***“Risky Rewards – gain 3 random scoops. 3 random players also receive 3 random scoops.”

***“Are you crazy? – gain 1 scoop of each color. 10 opponents will randomly be awarded with either The Shotgun or The Destroyer.”

***“Show me the money! – Destroy all your scoops and Domination cards. Gain 20 flezz for each scoop or card destroyed.”

——-

I dislike the idea of blocking cards that do more than protect a scoop or two.

Any time limit based card is sort of pointless, everyone would just play it 24 hours (or however many hours it protected) before Dom ends for the week.

scully edited this message on 03/19/2008 12:19PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

I think the key here is to make sure that none of the new cards are overpowered in comparison to the existing cards. Also, anything which inherently supports a non-win annoyance strategy needs to be very limited. For example, the Commit Suicide & Failed Suicide cards are both too powerful and are specifically only for a non-win strategy, or are too easily abused by Klan Mates teaming up in a single Round.

Echuu

Avatar: 6433 Tue Jul 21 22:01:07 -0400 2009

[Backdoor Amigos]

Level 20 Troll

You made Vader snobby.

For the overpowered card there could be an option to trade in 4 cards of your choice for something cool overpowered.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Several of the cards I thought of were in response to klan vanilla. I agree that, most would need toning down in a more normal environment.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

I think there need to be different “levels” of cards.

There should be a few cards you could purchase for ~3 scoops and some that require ~6 scoops.

The 6 scoop ones shouldn’t be too overpowered, and even if you spent 6 scoops there’s still be a 50% chance that you’d only get to choose 2 of the weaker cards instead of 1 of the more powerful cards.

Then, for every 3 additional scoops you add, you get a +50% chance to get a 6-scoop card. So at 9 scoops, you have a 50% chance with the first 3 scoops to spend the next 3 and get a 6-scoop card, a 50% chance with the second 3 scoops to get a 6-scoop card if you failed that one.

So at 12 scoops:
1st 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and go to 3rd
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 2nd
2nd 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and go to 4th
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 3rd
3rd 3 scoops: Try for 6-scoop card (50%)
  Win? Get a 6-scoop card and out of scoops
  Lose? Get a 3-scoop card and go to 4th
4th 3 scoops: Get a 3-scoop card and out of scoops

Basically, the more scoops you trade in the more powerful your cards might be.

Suggestions for Card Divisions:

3-scoop cards

– Peeping Tom

– The Destroyer

– The Thief (The stolen scoop should be random if this is a 3-scoop card.)

6-scoop cards

– The Modest Improvement (+3 instead of +2)

– The Shotgun (-3 instead of -2 or give the player a choice)

– The Switcheroo (Allows a player to swap all the scoops or half the scoops of two flavors.)

– The bumhole (In addition to the normal effect, also removes a percentage-based number, like 10% of the total scoops.)

I don’t like the idea of reflection/wall cards unless all players can see whether one is active or not – otherwise people will stop using domination cards altogether, or be too cautious about it.

I also think this is a good place to recommend the ability to have some sort of trigger that you can set for card usage. I’m tired of having things happen when I can’t get to the computer before domination ends – it’s one of the things that really ruins the game for me. I’d like the ability to set whether or not to use a card if someone uses a card on me, gets more scoops/a certain number of scoops, etc. With the ability to set specific triggers for specific cards or players that take precedence over the general rules. Also, time-triggered usage would be nice, but I have a feeling that many people will use their cards on the last day….

AHA! What if there were a limit to how many cards you could play per day? For the first few days of domination, the number would be extremely high … but later on the number would dwindle to 4 or 5 by the last day.

Corion edited this message on 03/19/2008 2:26PM

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

Corion Posted:

AHA! What if there were a limit to how many cards you could play per day? For the first few days of domination, the number would be extremely high … but later on the number would dwindle to 4 or 5 by the last day.

I like it! Right now, there’s a guy with 1 scoop & 20 Cards (and I know what most of them are) just siting and waiting. Thankfully, there are enough people ahead of me in Max Scoops that his bumhole Cards wont touch me.

But he’s been building them up over the course of the week. Unless he’s going to try to contest me for Min Scoops (and he doesn’t have enough Modests & Thieves to make it work, mathematically) he’s simply charging the A-Laser.

markchd

Avatar: 12369 2010-01-24 16:26:11 -0500

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Craves Power like it's Crystal Pepsi

A-laser is the best way to shake things up if you don’t have a shot at winning. Isn’t that the point?

Acid Flux

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

markchd Posted:

A-laser is the best way to shake things up if you don’t have a shot at winning. Isn’t that the point?

With 20 Cards (i.e. 80 scoops), and the second place player having 71 scoops & 1 Card, he had a chance at winning. It was only after an FoL showed up that things got weird, but this guy has been building up cards all week, long before those vanilla scoops showed up.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

bumhole the max players when you have almost no scoops, then Modest Improvement to victory!

Something should be done about last-minute wins. Maybe any card played on the last day should have a delayed effect – nothing would happen until the contest has ended. Then all of the cards you tried to play quickly rush through in the order people played them that day… So when you used bumhole, thinking that you were going to knock down the top player, you might have accidentally hit yourself with it. Or that thief card you tried using? Too bad the scoop you were trying to steal was stolen by someone else before you! I don’t know. Something to that effect.

I also wanted to append the following card ideas to my previous post:

3-Scoop

– Crouching Coward – The next offensive domination card that you play on a player will not show who did it.

6-Scoop

– Hidden Ho-bag – The next offensive domination card that you play on a player will look like the person of your choosing played it.

Corion edited this message on 03/19/2008 6:31PM

Kaer

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

What’s wrong with last-minute wins? There’s a lot less point in bumholing someone when they can just get all the scoops back the next day. The whole point of using the cards 30 minutes before the round ends instead is so your opponent doesn’t always have time to build their scoops back up.

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I can’t be on right before the domination round ends sometimes, and I know other people have the same problem. I just don’t think it’s very fair (not that it’s supposed to be 100% fair)...

And basically all I can do because of it is screw people over, never win.

Making the server spike right as competitions end probably isn’t good.

ForumWarz is supposed to be more of a “check back every few hours” game, not a “camp and hit refresh every five seconds” game.

I wonder if there are statistics for who wins Domination, and when the last time they logged on right before a win was – or sometimes, when were they put in the lead, even if someone else used a detrimental card on the previous leader seconds before the round expired.

Corion edited this message on 03/19/2008 6:52PM

jpsteel

Level 10 Emo Kid

Hello Kitty Underwear Aficionado

Is this Forumwarz or MtG?

taps Black Lotus Log in to see images!

I would like to see a card that either destroys or steals other cards. That being said all the other suggestions are good Log in to see images!

Kaer

Level 29 Camwhore

“Playmate of the Month”

It’s not like you have to win EVERY WEEK. When you can’t be on, you run the risk of someone coming along and bumholing you out of the winning spot. Everyone takes the same risk, and it makes sense that people who can’t be on as much are going to be at a bit of a disadvantage, so I don’t really see how it’s “unfair.” Domination isn’t really the same as the story part of the game, so you don’t play it the same way.

MAGICBEAR

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

We’d have to avoid any mbum effect cards, though, such as the wall or male reproductive organshot. I like both, but the wall would need to be limited to one player. A block to all attacks would make players that get ahead quick completely immune. Dom cards are designed (I think) to equalize things and add strategy. male reproductive organshot, likewise, would remove a person’s ability to equalize and perhaps even enjoy the game. At best it should block for a few minutes, 60 or so. Therefore, as the round winds down, you might get called out, you don’t have to stick around as much, like Corion says. I don’t think FW should be so time oriented. Kind of unfair to certainly geographies of the world. It’s big of me to say this as I have tons of time and am on 24/7.

Love some of the other ideas though. Especially if we start leveling them… then domination is almost like an active forum pwning. Sending attacks and what not. Much more interactive.

MAGICBEAR edited this message on 03/20/2008 11:09AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!