Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Pics Favorite/Least Favorite stock avatars?

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

One of my favorite parts about ForumWarz is the avatar selection; rather than letting people just pick whatever male reproductive organ pictures they want, there’s a stock set of avatars that, more or less, fit your clbum.

My beef, though, is that some of them are TOO like your clbum.

Take this one, for instance: (Using the first account I found with this avatar) Log in to see images!

(I like how the URL for this is at goldaccounts.forumwarz.com. RUMOR MILL ENGAGE)

This picture is so goddamn emo it’s INFURIATING. I want to PUNCH THIS KID IN THE STOMACH. GRAAAAAAAAWR. That, in my opinion, is the sign that it’s the best fit for the emo kid clbum. I get peeved thinking about that little douche. Log in to see images!

On the other hand, my least favorite one is the Ron Paul avatar. I’m not even going to post the picture in this thread, because within 5 posts someone using it will come in here with it. I don’t care if you chose it because you hate Ron Paul or because you are one of those deluded morons who insists that Ron Paul wouldn’t immediately ruin the country by being President (end politirant here), but did EVERYONE who chose troll have to choose that one? It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin’ Log in to see images!

Anyway, now that I’ve made an bum of myself, let’s have you guys contribute? Which stock avatars do you guys enjoy, and which ones need to die in the flames of hell?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

SuperMo0 Posted:

(I like how the URL for this is at goldaccounts.forumwarz.com. RUMOR MILL ENGAGE)

Explanation time: I use extremely long periods of time for caching, like a year into the future. This is to speed up the site because for 95%+ of the images or javascript or stylesheets you won’t even make a request to the server. The downside is, when I update something nobody will know, so I basically change the name of the subdomain that static content is served from when there is an update.

Sometimes I use the dates like feb6.forumwarz.com or whatever, but once in a while I put in jokes. People were joking about gold accounts this week so I chose that name Log in to see images!, now back to the topic:

SuperMo0 Posted:

On the other hand, my least favorite one is the Ron Paul avatar. I’m not even going to post the picture in this thread, because within 5 posts someone using it will come in here with it.

You might be interested to know that we launched without Ron Paul. During the Beta for Forumwarz we didn’t allow anyone to upload avatars, and people were begging for it. One guy asked over and over if we could add a Ron Paul troll avatar, and I said as long as he found a public domain one I would. Of course ten seconds later he went to Wikipedia and found one, so I made good on my promise and inserted it into the game for everyone to use.

It quickly became the most popular.

The second most popular avatar is Red/Green/Red/Green, which also has a story behind it. Most of our avatars are from a stock photo site where we bought the rights to use them for web, but that one was custom made.

I’m Red/Green colorblind, and during one of the early Crotch Zombie meetings when we were planning Forumwarz, The Other Other Hole filed a bug asking for an avatar that would just flash red and green constantly. I don’t think he seriously expected me to do it, though…

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

Yeah. Log in to see images!

NEOJUGS

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

SuperMo0 Posted:

On the other hand, my least favorite one is the Ron Paul avatar. I’m not even going to post the picture in this thread, because within 5 posts someone using it will come in here with it. I don’t care if you chose it because you hate Ron Paul or because you are one of those deluded morons who insists that Ron Paul wouldn’t immediately ruin the country by being President (end politirant here), but did EVERYONE who chose troll have to choose that one? It’s soooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin’ Log in to see images!

You will be the first to suffer when the Ron Paulocaust begins.

SuperMo0

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

NEOJUGS Posted:

You will be the first to suffer when the Ron Paulocaust begins.

At least I’ll die before the **** hits the fan!

Evil Trout Posted:

Explanation time: I use extremely long periods of time for caching, like a year into the future. This is to speed up the site because for 95%+ of the images or javascript or stylesheets you won’t even make a request to the server. The downside is, when I update something nobody will know, so I basically change the name of the subdomain that static content is served from when there is an update.

Sometimes I use the dates like feb6.forumwarz.com or whatever, but once in a while I put in jokes. People were joking about gold accounts this week so I chose that name , now back to the topic:

I wasn’t actually hoping the rumor mill would start, but that’s a neat idea of getting around really huge bandwidth requirements. You should start stealing the alt tags from xkcd comics, using them completely out of context for lulz.

SuperMo0 edited this message on 03/05/2008 12:01AM

rocker

[Metafilter]

Level 5 Troll

“Slightly Unpleasant Individual”

isnt that Nick Wheeler from the all american rejects?

Cyberface207

[Fruit ****ers]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

On the subject of favorites, I really like my blood avatar for the emo kid. It seems to be a popular one. I guess it’s just because I don’t think most “real” emo kids are as self-awarely emo as a lot of the emo kid avatars suggest. The blood avatar is definitely an emo kid av, but it also seems like something someone would make their av without thinking about what it says.

I…I’m a story guy… Log in to see images!

Dr Ron Paul

[Team Shortbus]

Level 16 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

SuperMo0 Posted:

At least I’ll die before the **** hits the fan!

TOO LATE Log in to see images!

I honestly couldn’t see this game without the Ron Paul avatar. My least favorite would probably have to be the ear with the safety pins through it. Personal peeve, I guess.

Muffkin

[Noblesse Oblige]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

the spider-man creeps me out.

RoadLord

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Actually I didn’t really like most of the troll avatars Log in to see images! Ron Paul seemed the most normal.

I don’t really have any favorite avatars, but the once with mammary glands are nice Log in to see images!

SkinTicket

Avatar: 4386 2010-01-07 13:38:24 -0500

[Sisterhood of the -
Quivering Rose
]

Level 23 Camwhore

[Insert very special joke here, preferably about male reproductive organs]

I’ve rarely seen my avatar around on whores, I have to admit. Don’t know why I picked this out of all of them

delta1238

[Facepunch]

Level 15 Troll

“Inflammatory Agent ”

Watch mine.

I dare you to look at it for 5 seconds without laughing.

GHNeko

[Gyrus Hex Online]

Level 22 Emo Kid

“Bleeding Heart”

I like my avatar because she looks extremely hot.

I’m even using it as my MSN Avatar.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I wish there was a way to upload to the stock avatar database, or at least to the enemy avatar database. I have so many good ones.

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

what was the max file size on unique avatars, again?

dreamserpent

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

nevermind, i bought some brownies to look it up.

only 60k, dag.

it took me forever to get quality moving gifs down to 60k

Corion

Level 32 Emo Kid

I lost at domination?! How could this happen to me?

SuperMo0 Posted:

I want to PUNCH THIS KID IN THE STOMACH. GRAAAAAAAAWR.

Wow. And here I thought I was picking a rather bland one. I think he needs some makeup or something.

mechanical_a-
nimal

Avatar: 230684 2010-06-26 10:07:12 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 54 Emo Kid

“Emo Philips”

You know when you can redeem having a free custom avatar? every time I try it it says that it has an irrelevant resolution… anyone know how to fix this? It’s just a photo I saved off of my facebook.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

mechanical_animal Posted:

You know when you can redeem having a free custom avatar? every time I try it it says that it has an irrelevant resolution… anyone know how to fix this? It’s just a photo I saved off of my facebook.

Hello Mr. Inappropriate Necroposter,

Did you see this line when you tried to upload yours?

Make sure your avatar is 93x93 pixels and no greater than 100K in size. Accepted formats are: .jpg, .gif, and .png

Sergeant Cid

Avatar: 167814 2011-07-31 00:46:27 -0400

[The Airship]

Level 35 Re-Re

Scientifically Proven Terrible fabulous person..... Evidence shows mbumive build up of semen deposit in bum.

Expecting new players to actually read the rules and/or anything relevant in this game?

Shocker.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!