Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Feature Kyoubai, the new ForumWarz Auction House.

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

In case you’re like me and blog.forumwarz.com won’t load for you, here’s the latest blog post:

forumwarz Posted:

We’re getting pretty close to launching our first major feature since Episode 2 was introduced back in October. It’s called Kyoubai, and it’s an auction house that allows player to auction their items to each other for Flezz.

The name Kyoubai was chosen by the horrible denizens of Flamebate in a series of polls. It is one of several Japanese translations for auction, but it also sounds a lot like Ok, you buy!.

The mascot of Kyoubai will be BidSquid (a cartoon squid with a cowboy hat and a gavel). He’ll be the one who corresponds with you when you are outbid or when you win an auction. He’s going to be designed by the talented artists at Dooomcat. They’re the ones who designed the awesome homepage for Forumwarz, as well as the player clbum portraits you get when choosing your clbum.

How the auction house will work:

* You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.

* You set the starting price, as well as a length of time to run your auction (12, 24 or 72 hours).

* Optionally, you can set a buyout price or a reserve price.

* The auction house will charge you a listing fee based on the parameters of your auction. Generally speaking: the longer the auction, the higher the fee.

* Other players can then bid on items. There is a minimum bid amount based on the current bid on an item. However, you can choose a maximum bid that is much higher than the minimum. In this case, your maximum price remains hidden, but you will automatically outbid any bids that are less than your maximum.

* At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the item. If the item does not sell, it is returned via tubmail.

New Items to Trade

* We plan to introduce new and rare items via the auction house. So keep an eye on it from time to time to see if there’s something you’ve never seen before. You’ll never know what you might find.

* We are going to introducing more rare .MOAR files soon. For those with lots of excess flezz but no patience to grind for Pink Floyd type of files, the auction house will be a great tool!

* We are planning to introduce ItemBuildr in the future, as a way to get a constant feed of new and awesome items into the economy.

When’s it coming out? What’s next on the Forumwarz agenda?

Most of the coding is done. We are mainly waiting on the artwork. If things go well, it will launch by the end of the week. If not, next week for sure!

Afterwards, we’re going to focus on enhancing Forumwarz Domination. There are plenty of discussions going on in the Domination Forum, and we plan to go a long way to address the major issues as well as to make Domination much more fun and open to all players.

One concern that immediately presents itself is that 12 hours is really too short a timeframe for a legit auction. People have different timezones, the need to sleep and to put food on their family, so 12 hour auctions aren’t open to all.

SG94 edited this message on 01/06/2009 4:32PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

My concern remains, if you set your own starting price, what’s to stop this from being a way to stop the people atop the flezz leaderboard from using this as an almost-guaranteed way of transferring flezz to their own alts? You’d only need two of the leaders working in collusion to pull it off.

Raepdog

Avatar: 57155 2011-07-31 00:44:38 -0400

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

My concern remains, if you set your own starting price, what’s to stop this from being a way to stop the people atop the flezz leaderboard from using this as an almost-guaranteed way of transferring flezz to their own alts? You’d only need two of the leaders working in collusion to pull it off.

True. This is why a closed economy (one were no money, items, or anything game-related can be interchanged between characters) was awesome, and made ForumWarz special.

Requesting Auction SubForum

aSh-gangSTA--

Avatar: 23493 2011-10-31 20:46:14 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 60 Emo Kid

The Delightfully Chaotic

I liked my proposal better, but it was probably a lot more work from a coding stand point. Also harder to exploit though so….

What’s to stop ET from blocking sales from one (legal) alt to another?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

handofg0d Posted:

What’s to stop ET from blocking sales from one (legal) alt to another?

That’s not my concern. My concern is two different people at the top of the leaderboards coordinating with each other to transfer large amounts of flezz to their alts, by setting the opening bid on a worthless file to an exorbitant price.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

MC Banhammer Posted:

That’s not my concern. My concern is two different people at the top of the leaderboards coordinating with each other to transfer large amounts of flezz to their alts, by setting the opening bid on a worthless file to an exorbitant price.

Okay that’s bad. But people transferring 100,000,000,000,000   from cheater account to a non-cheater seems a bit more important to me, game play and competitive fairness beats leader board.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

MC Banhammer Posted:

There’s a maximum minimum price based on the cost of the item.

Raepdog Posted:

Okay that’s bad. But people transferring 100,000,000,000,000   from cheater account to a non-cheater seems a bit more important to me, game play and competitive fairness beats leader board.

Cheaters can’t use it.

FalCoN

Avatar: 10741 2010-01-24 16:21:30 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

I NEVER LEFT FORUMWARZ

As I already wrote somewhere else: imo the auctions have to be completely anonymous and non-identifiable (e.g. all starting at rollover). Also there really should be certain limitations, e.g. maximum bids. And alts should not be allowed to participate in the player’s auctions.

Raepdog

[To Your Scattered -
Raepdogs Go
]

Level 35 Camwhore

We are foe.

Evil Trout Posted:

Cheaters can’t use it.

Evil Trout proving once again why he has his job.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Falcon, I highly doubt it’s going to be a real problem. Only completed files are being sold. If there is a max cap it would take a lot of effort to do any serious manipulation. The people with the energy and inclination for serious manipulation of the system, as simply not the same people who have taken the time to grind a lot of flezz.

CrinkzPipe

Avatar: 35643 2015-02-20 21:59:22 -0500

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 62 Emo Kid

Hi, I'm an adult whos into bumes. But not boners!

Evil Trout Posted:

Cheaters can’t use it.

...Yet another reason why buying fourm visits needs to not be counted for full frontal cheating. After a month or so it’s worthless.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

Crinkz Posted:

...Yet another reason why buying fourm visits needs to not be counted for full frontal cheating. After a month or so it’s worthless.

Un-cheating is still something on our list.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

Evil Trout Posted:

Un-cheating is still something on our list.

The Trout’s on fire today!

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

ok, what I see first is that you could have an alt not on the most flez list farm constantly for expensive harder to get .moar files, set a minimum buy-it-now price on it and buy it in the same second with your flezz alt, then sell it for a higher price.

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Wylin Posted:

ok, what I see first is that you could have an alt not on the most flez list farm constantly for expensive harder to get .moar files, set a minimum buy-it-now price on it and buy it in the same second with your flezz alt, then sell it for a higher price.

ET said you can’t bid on your own stuff with any of your alts, so that isn’t even an issue. I think we are bound to see some short term attempts at working the system, we always do. It will depend on how broad the range for min/max cap ends up being. I don’t see it being a real problem. Hell, it’s not going to be any problem at all if the max cap is low enough.

Of course a low cap risks creating a situation where people just don’t use the auction house at all. I mean if I farm a great file and it takes 60 visits to complete and doesn’t sell for much? Why would I bother selling it and giving someone else a 60 visit advantage on me? I think this part is going to be especially true for Dom players – farming vs buying. Obviously if you are pistachio looping it is in your interest to skip farming grinds. Anyway you slice this it should be interesting to see how things go.

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

imo un-cheating needs to work the same way cheating does – You “give up” whatever your advantage was (Doesn’t uncheat game dolphin for obvious reasons) and then you lose cheater status/get half your BP back? imo it would be fair.

You don’t use visits after the cap except for dom really and cheaters are banned from dom anyways so I think it would be fair. But then, I’m not CZ so it’s their decision in the end.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

scullyangel Posted:

ET said you can’t bid on your own stuff with any of your alts,

Ah, I didn’t see that part, so we can do what I said but we need a partner. I wonder if I could find anyone to sell me a minimum (buyout) priced pink floyd right away so I don’t need to farm for it.

Klannies, hook me up!

ghax

Avatar: 80241 Thu Jul 02 20:10:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Camwhore

I love 12 inch fine upstanding member of society male reproductive organs in my arse

Master_Troll Posted:

imo un-cheating needs to work the same way cheating does – You “give up” whatever your advantage was (Doesn’t uncheat game dolphin for obvious reasons) and then you lose cheater status/get half your BP back? imo it would be fair.

You don’t use visits after the cap except for dom really and cheaters are banned from dom anyways so I think it would be fair. But then, I’m not CZ so it’s their decision in the end.

what if someone uses up the 69 forum visits / million flezz?

Does it just prevent them from getting the “uncheat” until they earn that much back?

scully

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Master_Troll Posted:

I know it’s not really the thread for it, but uncheating should cost BP not refund them. Also, everything should be wiped except cred and storyline peens. Pretty much any other situation would be highly abusive. (If visits stay it would be simple to get the most forums visits. If flezz stays, same. If peens stay, that probably wouldn’t matter much since the only ones that have been enhanced by cheat ability are JingJing and the Turkey peens.)

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

generichaxor Posted:

what if someone uses up the 69 forum visits / million flezz?

Does it just prevent them from getting the “uncheat” until they earn that much back?

imo it would be a step process (Give X flezz back/Give Back X visits) until you paid it all back.

It would have to work that way for 69 visits, anyways. You’d be waiting 18 days to give all your visits back.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!