Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Rant i want an answer as to why crinks is banned for 2 weeks

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

Fran Posted:

The thread was moved to GRP.

User was still banned.

Care to explain? There’s the Banhammer quote above.

Why do I have to explain?

Czarnian bum-
bumin

Avatar: 43648 Fri Dec 05 19:45:05 -0500 2008

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

"He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

How did he ask the question in a ‘trolling’ manner?

Crinkz Posted:

I wanted to send him a tubmail, but it says he doesn’t exist. </3

rbux84@tubmail.co.jp

What part of this is ‘trollish’?

Neona

Avatar: 88117 Sat Feb 07 19:37:29 -0500 2009

[Board of Directors]

Level 43 Camwhore

Serious future peenwhore. XO!

well.

a)

Crinkz Posted:

</3

b) wasnt actually a question.

Czarnian bum-
bumin

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

The title of the thread was a question.

And even if it didn’t have a question, a thread doesn’t require a question to be a valid discussion thread. As I saw it, it was simply an initial post in regards to discussing why Ravit’s tubmail address was invalid.

Unless we’re banning people for having crappy threads now?

MOCK-CONGLER-
S ****

[KLAN GORSE POOP]

Level 35 Camwhore

I can't stop staring at Jessica Alba's nips all day ;(((

im glad its not just me who is questioning this ban, because it still seems unbelievable imo

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

TBQH, Neona’s Blackjack bot deserves more of a ban than that question. Log in to see images!

Acid Flux

Avatar: 6767 Tue Mar 17 11:41:54 -0400 2009

[Country Kitchen an-
d Flea Market
]

Level 35 Troll

KYOUBAI IS SUPER-SERIOUS BUSINESS

Yup, this ban is definitely questionable.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Czarnian bumbumin Posted:

The title of the thread was a question.

And even if it didn’t have a question, a thread doesn’t require a question to be a valid discussion thread. As I saw it, it was simply an initial post in regards to discussing why Ravit’s tubmail address was invalid.

Unless we’re banning people for having crappy threads now?

Are you saying that it is a valid game discussion thread to ask why a fictional character does not exist and does not have a way to be contacted?

twas edited this message on 12/14/2008 5:33PM

King Krimson

[Snobby McSnobbers-
ons
]

Level 69 Troll

A lot fo kewl boiz wer it ok!

I’m going to agree with was here.

It wasn’t a suitable question for game discussion, but in no way did it deserve a ban, ESPECIALLY since we have been told before that things like that aren’t grounds for a ban.

But we’re just going round in circles here. The only way we’re going to find out what’s what is when a Mod decides to chip in. Anytime now, guys.

King Krimson edited this message on 12/14/2008 5:51PM

Czarnian bum-
bumin

[Bigguyinblack Fan -
Club
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

was Posted:

Are you saying that it is a valid game discussion thread to ask why a fictional character does not exist and does not have a way to be contacted?

A) If a player came in here and asked why he couldn’t Tubmail The_**** with suggestions about how to improve INCIT, is that automatically RPing, or might that be a valid question, especially from a newbie?

B) In the context of the game, the character (Ravit) exists.

Just as you can add a certain NPC to your Friend list and receive an in-game benefit for doing so, why is it unreasonable to bumume that Tubmailing an NPC might yield a similar benefit?

Or perhaps what Crinkz meant to suggest is that Ravit is actually a bot.

For every single perspective you can present that suggests he was RPing, I can present a perspective that suggests he was discussing a valid game-related issue.

In other words, that part of the debate is a stalemate. It is unclear whether or not Crinkz was RPing.

Now, as far as how it should have been moderated, by the moderators own standards, the thread should have simply been moved and, at best, the player should have been warned.

If Crinkz has received warnings in the past for a similar offense and was advised to not be ambiguous with his posts in GD (i.e., told to be perfectly clear that he wasn’t RPing), then this ban is legit. But otherwise, it is not.

SHODAN

Avatar: 56565 Thu Oct 16 09:19:29 -0400 2008

[Citadel]

Level 35 Hacker

Look at you, Hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone.

I don’t care about most of your modding decisions, but that was a stupid thing to ban for.

twas

Level 35 Troll

Czarnian bumbumin Posted:

A) If a player came in here and asked why he couldn’t Tubmail The_**** with suggestions about how to improve INCIT, is that automatically RPing, or might that be a valid question, especially from a newbie?

B) In the context of the game, the character (Ravit) exists.

Just as you can add a certain NPC to your Friend list and receive an in-game benefit for doing so, why is it unreasonable to bumume that Tubmailing an NPC might yield a similar benefit?

Or perhaps what Crinkz meant to suggest is that Ravit is actually a bot.

For every single perspective you can present that suggests he was RPing, I can present a perspective that suggests he was discussing a valid game-related issue.

In other words, that part of the debate is a stalemate. It is unclear whether or not Crinkz was RPing.

Now, as far as how it should have been moderated, by the moderators own standards, the thread should have simply been moved and, at best, the player should have been warned.

If Crinkz has received warnings in the past for a similar offense and was advised to not be ambiguous with his posts in GD (i.e., told to be perfectly clear that he wasn’t RPing), then this ban is legit. But otherwise, it is not.

Did you read his second post?

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

MCB’s quote about putting threads in the wrong place doesn’t apply when the poster has 6 previous bans for ‘out of place’ posts.

Colonel Bear

Avatar: 68748 Mon May 18 15:38:07 -0400 2009

[Very Busy Klan]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

TUBSWEETIE Posted:

MCB’s quote about putting threads in the wrong place doesn’t apply when the poster has 6 previous bans for ‘out of place’ posts.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Fran Posted:

TBQH, Neona’s Blackjack bot deserves more of a ban than that question. Log in to see images!

Trying to de-rail a thread from it’s OP discussion in a non-rp forum might sometimes be bannable also?

I have to say that I think the post that is pointed to doesn’t seem like any serious trolling, but pointing out a game character’s false address in game discussion. If crinks has violated the rule numerous times he could probably use a very short ban for barelybreaking the the rules. Had I seen the thread I would have looked at it and moved along, and not noticed that it was trolling at all.

SimplyTHEBEST

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

I’m going to have to disagree with the ban as well, although not quite for the reasons provided here.

The address provided is a “real” address. Not in that it’s currently in use, but in that it’s a domain which could be used IRL. It’s considered bad form to do things like that for much the same reason as it’s considered bad form to put a VALID phone number or email address in a TV show or movie. (Psst: It’s because idiots call the number or email the account, and then people get ****ed.)

Given CZ’s love of Easter Eggs, I don’t think that anybody can blame him for sending an email to the address to see if CZ was employing some nifty metagame stuff. You know how kids send letters to Santa? What’s to keep CZ from getting that address and having somebody play the role of Rivit for answering emails?

I also can’t fault him for going on the Game Discussion forums and talking about it, since that’s a valid response to the situation. He thought he found an Easter Egg, it turned out to just be a waste of time, disappointment and discussion ensues, etc…

So, why did CZ pick a valid address for Rivit’s address? Wouldn’t it have made more sense to make the address something invalid, like @tubmail.co.jp.sux at the very least? o.0

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

SimplyTHEBEST Posted:

What’s to keep CZ from getting that address and having somebody play the role of Rivit for answering emails?

I was considering buying the domain for the lulz, especially since domains are about 10 bucks each and tubmail.co.jp wasn’t registered…

But then I found the reason why CZ hasn’t even registered that.

Price: 42,000 yen (including 2,000yen Japanese tax)

Duration: 2 year

42,000 Japanese Yen = 460.491 US Dollar

Ooouhhh****that****.

Also:

Please confirm the following points before you apply for a co.jp domain:

1. You must have a legally registered company within Japan in order to obtain a co.jp domain name. Click Here to establish a local company.

2. You can only have one co.jp domain name per company.

3. You need to send your Japanese “toukibo-touhon” (Japanese articles of incorporation) in order for you order to be processed. Orders will not be processed without this.

Please fax to 03-5458-8335

If you do not meet the qualifications above, we strongly suggest obtaining the .jp extension rather than the co.jp extension. This is the new Japanese domain (governed by the same body managing co.jp domains) and can also be used in Japanese.

Yeah.

FalconFour edited this message on 12/15/2008 2:39AM

Laguna

Avatar: 49898 Sun Dec 28 00:52:49 -0500 2008

Level 35 Troll

I LOVE LAGUNA. I ALSO LOVE SUCKING FAT male reproductive organS.

If he’d been banned 6 times before this, then there you go…

FalconFour

Avatar: 69421 Wed Aug 12 05:13:59 -0400 2009

Level 35 Troll

Minty Fresh

Laguna Posted:

But it wasn’t even breaking any rules. Eccentric, yes. But game discussion… not trolling… not RPing… breaking no rules at all.

Seriously, what the hell.

Wylin

Avatar: 19712 Thu Mar 26 21:15:20 -0400 2009

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

Causing Jealousy On The Internet On A Daily Basis.

Laguna Posted:

I would wholeheartedly agree if I thought he was really trying to RP or troll instead of just pointing out that he can’t mail an in game character.

I’m sure if we waited long enough Crinks would have done something that would actually deserve the 2 week ban either way, so I don’t really care, and our mods are human, so sometimes they can view things differently than us, so I support them.

Wylin edited this message on 12/15/2008 2:57AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!