Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

You guys have clearly hit on some conspiracies that are too close to the truth. Log in to see images!

When I saw this entry I decided that this week’s build is my favorite one yet:

Who Knows Posted:

Now we all know the moon landing was shot on a soundstage, right? Well what you DON’T know is that the soundstage itself was located on the moon-they had to erect it to hide the Irish moon bases!

In other news, at first people were asking for the ability to upload enemy avatars and I was all for it, but then I realized that people have been coming up with new and hilarious names for existing ones. I think in a way it’s better that we’re stuck with the same old ones because it forces us to be so creative, you know?

For examples, check out the top voted enemies right now — some of them are ridiculously clever.

What do you guys think?

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Evil Trout Posted:

You guys have clearly hit on some conspiracies that are too close to the truth. Log in to see images!

When I saw this entry I decided that this week’s build is my favorite one yet:

*shamelessly claims credit* Funnily enough, I had that idea before forumbuildr had even started. I really enjoy writing posts – you start with one idea and before you know you’ve churned out a dozen.

In other news, at first people were asking for the ability to upload enemy avatars and I was all for it, but then I realized that people have been coming up with new and hilarious names for existing ones. I think in a way it’s better that we’re stuck with the same old ones because it forces us to be so creative, you know?

For examples, check out the top voted enemies right now — some of them are ridiculously clever.

What do you guys think?

I agree that clever things are being done with the ones we have. The thing is, when you see the same avatars across a lot of different forums, it kind of ruins the variety- like the Internet isn’t really as big as you thought. So I’m cool with whatever as long as new ones get added. They don’t have to be requested ones, but it’s good to have something new to play around with.

The Random O-
ne

Avatar: 1876 Fri Dec 19 13:59:05 -0500 2008

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

I agree. What bothers me the most is that we don’t have (for instance) a gazillion rapper avatars for Suburban Gangsta Paradise, or a mijillion alien/spacecraft/hollow earth avatars for Paranoid Panorama, but we do have a lot of pics of toilets for the real That’s a Lot of Feces! forum. I’d suggest that avatars pertinent to a forum’s theme were added during the week, but I can see that would be… logistically difficult.

DemonNick

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Hm. Is it a very special idea, or would it be cool if there were another section of forumbuildr where stuff like avatars, word types and that kinda thing could be submitted?

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

DemonNick Posted:

Hm. Is it a very special idea, or would it be cool if there were another section of forumbuildr where stuff like avatars, word types and that kinda thing could be submitted?

That would be neat, but the problem then is how people can use them for posts/enemies, when stuff is usually finalized after the forum is published. Maybe a dev could review and okay submissions?

The Random O-
ne

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Also, what would the guidelines be concerning copyrighted images? I think it’s better to keep things as they are – it’s been working well, and, as they say ‘round here, you don’t mess with a winning team. (It makes sense ‘round here.)

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

It’s really funny. The following are two of my lowest-rated submissions. I find it interesting what they show:

1) FDA allows bug parts and human hair in chocolate. The truth here: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=6339293&src=news

I added that one when I actually read the article off of Yahoo. It’s true! Not my in-character “it’s true”, my OOC “Yes, Yahoo really posted that story and it’s disgusting.” But I guess it was too true for Paranoid Panorama.

2) That @disaster_natural we just had in @state? That was hooman-made. @totally::scap, look it up on seriouslyprecisetruth.kid.

That one I took straight from an existing forum in Ep. 1. Don’t remember which one, and I changed the areas I could to madlibs (although I suspect they already were). So, Evil Trout, I guess the mbumes feel that that one’s a -1 Log in to see images!

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Looks like PP will be playable soon. And I had so many submissions on 4, damnit Log in to see images!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Okay, Paranoid Panorama is now live!

Next week’s is Home of Male Objectors, so as always feel free to suggest some word types for inclusion.

Oh, and an announcement: We’re changing the publishing time of the new forum to be 9PM EST instead of 1PM EST.

edit: Oh yeah, PP is the hardest forum in the game. Good luck trying to beat it!

Evil Trout edited this message on 02/10/2008 1:15PM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Evil Trout Posted:

Sorry, just fixed that.

edit: Also I want to send a shout out to the people introducing the foumwarz mythology into the forumbuildr forums. INSIDE Coral Springs: The story zionist bankers don’t want you to know! gets my vote for thread title of the year, even with a total lack of any word types.

Yeah it was me, I did it

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

Yeah it was me, I did it

Genius Log in to see images!

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

The earlier submissions tend to get more votes, I’ve noticed, since they get the most exposure. People are probably racing to get their votes in, like me Log in to see images!

EDIT: Oh by the way, is it possible that our previous submissions to forums – even the ones that didn’t get picked – could be archived somewhere? I’d like to be able to go back and chuckle at mine sometime in the future.

EDIT EDIT: I just thought of something else: what’s to stop someone copying someone else’s forum idea and submitting it as their own come rollover? Log in to see images! Cicadalek edited this message on 02/10/2008 8:03PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Cicadalek Posted:

The earlier submissions tend to get more votes, I’ve noticed, since they get the most exposure. People are probably racing to get their votes in, like me Log in to see images!

EDIT: Oh by the way, is it possible that our previous submissions to forums – even the ones that didn’t get picked – could be archived somewhere? I’d like to be able to go back and chuckle at mine sometime in the future.

EDIT EDIT: I just thought of something else: what’s to stop someone copying someone else’s forum idea and submitting it as their own come rollover? Log in to see images!

I’ll be looking into getting a more detailed “scoreboard” for submissions that didn’t or did make it into a given week. Can’t say when I’ll get to it, but it’s something I think would be awesome.

After the roll over, the top 10 ideas from the previous week are automatically submitted again by the same author. There is a possibility that someone would take an idea that had fewer than 10 votes and submit it again as a different person, but I think it’s pretty rare Log in to see images!

DemonNick

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

In retrospect, I’m not really sure the awkward name was worth the gay joke. Oh well.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Somehow the amount of submissions EXPLODED. 153 submissions in less than 26 hours?!!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

2x Post [combo]

Vagitarian edited this message on 02/11/2008 2:53PM

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Can we get a limit to how many submissions anyone can make on a given day? I mean, there’s no way I have time to go through all of these. No ****ing way.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Jesus ****ing Christ, what happened? 170 usernames? OH GOD.

Did we get a ton of new players all of a sudden, or what?

The Random O-
ne

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

Looks like Evil Trout’s evil marketing schemes are working. Maybe they are working… too well?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Anyway, I’m amazed at how some ideas almost win and then the next week they get bumped to minus a quazillion. Good ideas, too. Happened to The Shooting Gallery and it’s happening to The Pirate Cove now as well. Get here, sad face. Log in to see images!

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

Well personally I’m going to submit my idea until there are no ideas left and it will be chosen by default. Though I am surprised at how low forum ideas get voted in comparison to other submissions, and how high the current leader is.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!