Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

The marketing push seems to be working so far (although we didn’t make it to the front page of Digg), which I think is the explanation for the huge number of entries this week. It’ll probably mean it’s harder to vote on every single thing, but that we should have more quality entries overall.

Also, DemonNick, I had no idea it was an acronym for Homo until you just mentioned it Log in to see images!

edit: After voting on WAAAAAY too many ****ty submissisons I implemented a “buried” level. If anything is below -5, it won’t even come up for your voting consideration. I think this cleans things up considerably Log in to see images! Evil Trout edited this message on 02/11/2008 9:33PM

Oh_No_Shrubs

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Dear Jerks,

this person stole my logo idea:

http://cheat.forumwarz.com/uploads/user/873df86f8e7b1663603d60d74b525c53.png?1202691060

plz ban them 4ever thnx

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Just a suggestion regarding the 5chan submission in Forumbuildr-

As much as I would love to do a 4chan parody, I think it’d be better to hold off on that one. I can’t help but think that a 4chan knockoff might be important in the storyline someday, and I think it’d be much better to do it with a properly simulated imageboard.

I don’t think it’d be that difficult when we do eventually get to that point- change the forum template around a bit, allow us to post images within a certain (small) size and dimension requirement along with the text to go with it. Then again, I could just be crazy.

Oh_No_Shrubs

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

As much as I would love to do a 4chan parody, I think it’d be better to hold off on that one. I can’t help but think that a 4chan knockoff might be important in the storyline someday, and I think it’d be much better to do it with a properly simulated imageboard.

I don’t think it’d be that difficult when we do eventually get to that point- change the forum template around a bit, allow us to post images within a certain (small) size and dimension requirement along with the text to go with it. Then again, I could just be crazy.

THIS GUY KNOWS HIS **** Log in to see images!

So I have a question. Do we get a choc scoop per five votes up?

Or is it just for getting a submission to at least 5 positive points?

Like, can I score extra scoops fo a super groovy submission?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

I can neither confirm nor deny that we have this planned, but it’s certainly a good guess Log in to see images!

Oh_No_Shrubs Posted:

THIS GUY KNOWS HIS **** Log in to see images!

So I have a question. Do we get a choc scoop per five votes up?

Or is it just for getting a submission to at least 5 positive points?

Like, can I score extra scoops fo a super groovy submission?

You absolutely can. Any “score” of +5 will give you a chocolate scoop, so if you get enough positive votes you will get multiple scoops per submission.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

I'M BETTER THAN EVIL TROUT AT HALO 3

Can there be a way to preview the forums that we made without actually fighting in them and losing a forum visit? Or, in last weeks case, the forum was too high of a level to even see how it turned out.

ChrisBridges

Level 6 Troll

“Jerk Chicken”

Hey guys, sorry to be a dumbbum but I just submitted a logo for the House of Male Objectors and I don’t see it in the logos to vote for, does it need to be approved or something to show up? I thought of uploading it again but that would be pretty dumb if I didn’t know whether it was actually messed up so I didn’t

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

fallingeastward Posted:

Can there be a way to preview the forums that we made without actually fighting in them and losing a forum visit? Or, in last weeks case, the forum was too high of a level to even see how it turned out.

Hmm, I don’t know about this, but I’ll give it some thought.

ChrisBridges Posted:

Hey guys, sorry to be a dumbbum but I just submitted a logo for the House of Male Objectors and I don’t see it in the logos to vote for, does it need to be approved or something to show up? I thought of uploading it again but that would be pretty dumb if I didn’t know whether it was actually messed up so I didn’t

Was a bug, sorry. It’s fixed now.

DemonNick

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Is there any way to view results with scores lower than -5? I was planning on reworking a forum idea of mine that got voted down that low (Poz Playhaus).

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

DemonNick Posted:

Is there any way to view results with scores lower than -5? I was planning on reworking a forum idea of mine that got voted down that low (Poz Playhaus).

Doesn’t it show up on your “My Submissions” page?

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

No, just the file name does.

Cicadalek

[The Protected]

Level 42 Emo Kid

“Tearleader”

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/japantoday-menarebetterthanwomen.php?page=1

Coincidence? Synchronity? The gold-plated megaphone of destiny? Who can say :tinfoil:

(we need our version of :tinfoil: )

Cicadalek edited this message on 02/17/2008 5:19PM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Cicadalek Posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/japantoday-menarebetterthanwomen.php?page=1

Coincidence? Synchronity? The gold-plated megaphone of destiny? Who can say :tinfoil:

Never heard of this forum. Is it the one with Ozma, the posting whale?

Vagitarian edited this message on 02/17/2008 7:32PM

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Okay, HOMO is live. We’re running a new build now, Church of Saiyantology.

As usual, suggest any word types you’d like added!

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

Dude the new avatar setup is gay D: What if I was looking for a specific avatar and couldn’t find it! Log in to see images!

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

fallingeastward Posted:

Dude the new avatar setup is gay D: What if I was looking for a specific avatar and couldn’t find it! Log in to see images!

f5.

fallingeastw-
ard

[Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Camwhore

Yeah I changed my mind I kinda like it now. Log in to see images!

ILL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN EVILT

RoadLord

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Evil Trout Posted:

Okay, HOMO is live. We’re running a new build now, Church of Saiyantology.

As usual, suggest any word types you’d like added!

Names of attacks from DBZ? Although that would be gay and useless later, but what the heck

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

fallingeastward Posted:

Yeah I changed my mind I kinda like it now. Log in to see images!

ILL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN EVILT

Also you can just click “Shuffle.”

I agree the new system isn’t as good if you want to find a particular avatar, but generally I think people just want to be inspired visually. They see a funny avatar, then a name pops into their head.

Also, it sounds dumb but people were really biased towards the top of the select list before. Few people ventured far down. Now it’s completely random so it should be more distributed. Of course some avatars will always be favorites Log in to see images!

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

Jesus loiuseus, it used to be 23 submissions over a few days, now it’s consistently “too many to rate”.

SOooooo many contributiooonssssss

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!