Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

n00b65 Posted:

That’s damn good motivation. I’m in.

Of course, that could mean a lot of things getting negative votes where otherwise I didn’t care. So it might not be in your best interest to motivate me like that…

We’ll be able to tell if people are overly negative based on the deviation from the normal votes. I think people are more or less honest, but if we find they’re not we’ll discount their votes.

There are clear winners for Forum Ideas, Logos and Styles which we’ll have to keep an eye on, but for the other categories there can many winners, and it’s not like there’s a finite amount of   to go around. The threshold is based on quality, not X number of submissions.

PUBICDAWG Posted:

Is Domination still on track for release today or tomorrow or whatever?

It sure is! It’s basically done, it just needs some better dogreat timesentation and an introduction. It’s going to launch tomorrow night (Wed) and there will be a thread all about it.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Evil Trout Posted:

This is a little off topic, but yes Vanilla is making the launch. When The Other Other Hole wrote up the Wiki page, he was confused because I hadn’t implemented Vanilla yet and thought we were going to skip it.

Also, after some playing around we decided to change the way vanilla worked (the rewards are slightly different), so rather than update the wiki I just removed it for now. All the code is in place for it so it’ll be there on day one.

Sorry for the continued off-topicality, but according to an edit you made to the Domination wiki page after you posted the post I just quoted, Vanilla Scoops won’t be available at launch. Is this true, and how long will it be until they’re launched?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

PUBICDAWG Posted:

Sorry for the continued off-topicality, but according to an edit you made to the Domination wiki page after you posted the post I just quoted, Vanilla Scoops won’t be available at launch. Is this true, and how long will it be until they’re launched?

Argh, stupid wiki. That was a section that wasn’t showing before due to a tab that I brought back and missed the part about vanilla. Vanilla is definitely launching tonight (the code is already there.)

I’ve removed the offending text.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Suggestion: Add a “View My Submission” option on the various pages. Right now you have to kind of guess where yours fall by looking through all of them, and I think it’d be nice to just quickly be able to see how mine are doing.

PUBICDAWG

[7 VIBRATING DOLDOES]

Level 36 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

I’ve noticed that the speedrun leaderboards don’t list time ratings for the forum builder forums, so it must be impossible to get Lemon Scoops by pwning them. Will the forum builder forums be capable of counting towards Pistachio and/or Vanilla scoops?

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

n00b65 Posted:

Suggestion: Add a “View My Submission” option on the various pages. Right now you have to kind of guess where yours fall by looking through all of them, and I think it’d be nice to just quickly be able to see how mine are doing.

Yes, a “My Submissions” or something like that would be a nice feature. Trout take note!

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

Yes, a “My Submissions” or something like that would be a nice feature. Trout take note!

I agree, it’s a fantastic idea and I will definitely do it.

Also, a couple of people have pointed out the “Next Page” link when randomly voting on stuff is broken. That will be fixed too.

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’d like to mention that it kinda sucks to vote on a logo suggestion when it’s the only one available, then the next day a better one gets submitted and it can’t possibly win.

Maybe implement a way to change votes when new submissions come in for layout and logo?

(Yeah, yeah, I shouldn’t have voted on a logo before others were submitted.)

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

ravenblooDDarkdreams Posted:

I’d like to mention that it kinda sucks to vote on a logo suggestion when it’s the only one available, then the next day a better one gets submitted and it can’t possibly win.

Maybe implement a way to change votes when new submissions come in for layout and logo?

(Yeah, yeah, I shouldn’t have voted on a logo before others were submitted.)

I know what you mean. I don’t know if I like the idea of changing votes, but maybe voting would only open on the Thursday for the logos and styles? That way if someone submits a logo on the first day they won’t get all sorts of votes against a potentially better logo? I dunno, even that approach sounds kinda lame Log in to see images!

HAIL SATIN

Level 18 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Evil Trout Posted:

I know what you mean. I don’t know if I like the idea of changing votes, but maybe voting would only open on the Thursday for the logos and styles? That way if someone submits a logo on the first day they won’t get all sorts of votes against a potentially better logo? I dunno, even that approach sounds kinda lame Log in to see images!

I like this idea- unlike enemies or posts, there is only one logo. It should be treated differently.

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

HAIL SATIN Posted:

I like this idea- unlike enemies or posts, there is only one logo. It should be treated differently.

Maybe we can only get one vote each for the CSS or logo, and it can be switched, like a checkbox kinda thing.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Zombie Armageddon is up. It’s a tough forum although not as hard as Gamefabulous personS.

There were/are some complications with the style which will have to be worked out. Have fun, this week’s forum is the fanfiction freaks.

As I asked last week, if you have any suggestions for word types send them our way!

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

What’s the difference between this week’s “Fanfiction Freaks” and up-for-consideration “Versus vs. Versus”?

As to word types: @star_trek_characters, @star_wars_characters, @childrens_show_characters (Teletubbies, Tinky-Winky, Dora, Diego, Big Bird, etc.), @scifi_locations and _characters, @clbumic_tv_characters, etc.

Maybe add a submission area similar to “Enemies”, “Thread Titles”, etc., for “Word Types for this forum”?

MC Banhammer edited this message on 01/21/2008 12:42PM

The Random O-
ne

Avatar: 1876 Fri Dec 19 13:59:05 -0500 2008

[Nexus Warriors]

Level 24 Troll

“Dick in a Box”

n00b65 Posted:

What’s the difference between this week’s “Fanfiction Freaks” and up-for-consideration “Versus vs. Versus”?

This. I mean, I can see a difference, but I feel people are treating this forum in the same way they’d treat Versus vs. Versus (i.e., people are not just posting fanfic fragments but also discussing who’d win stuff. I mean, I know I am.)

Badly needed is @anime_characters. (GOKU VS. SUPERMAN!) Also I suggest @spaceship (Death Star, Enterprize, Babylon Five etc.) and @fictitious_vehicles (KITT, Mach 5, Yoshi, etc.)

Also this is my first post. HAI GUYS

Lady Banhamm-
er

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

Gunther, you’re the one my mama loves but daddy wont

I noticed a bug (eww!)

If you have the same term more than once, by default all will have the same value:

Example: @celebrity, @celebrity, @celebrity

Might output: Justin Timberlake, Justin Timberlake, Justin Timberlake

Except it doesn’t seem to work that way, at least not with Preview:

@celebrity, @celebrity, @celebrity

Rosie O’ Donnell, Lindsay Lohan, Angelina Jolie

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Barely Legal Posted:

I noticed a bug (eww!)

I’ve updated the dogreat timesentation. They should be random by default, unless an index is used. Thanks for pointing that out!

A couple of people Posted:

Here are ideas for word types!

The good news is I added a lot of your suggested word types. The bad news is the importing process broke the database and I had to roll back to our last backup which was 5 hours old :S.

Anyway, here’s what was added:

@star_trek_characters

@star_wars_characters

@childrens_show_characters

@scifi_locations

@tv_characters

@anime_characters

Oh also, don’t forget we already have @harry_potter_character

Let’s see some mad slash!

Evil Trout edited this message on 01/22/2008 12:47PM

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

No offense, but isn’t Versus vs. Verses almost the same concept as Fanfiction freaks? Goku vs. Batman could easily be encompbumed by the same idea.

MC Banhammer

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Vagitarian Posted:

No offense, but isn’t Versus vs. Verses almost the same concept as Fanfiction freaks? Goku vs. Batman could easily be encompbumed by the same idea.

Where have I?... Oh yeah. A couple of posts up.

n00b65 Posted:

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Vagitarian Posted:

Don’t ask me! I’m not the one who voted it up Log in to see images!

Hopefully people will notice and vote it down, since it’s only leading by 3 votes. We don’t need to do two very similar forums in a row.

Bigguyinblack

[Mock TSB]

Level 10 Troll

i'm so lonely... i have no friends... plz help...

My post went poof so I’m reposting. The latest forum is difficult to make enemies for because there are almost no sci-fi or fantasy avatars and those are the 2 main geek categories to compare. There aren’t even bishi anime characters or giant robots. That leads to the other problem with this forum. It’s mostly XXX vs YYY or XXX plus YYY plus maybe AAA through ZZZ and our choice is to either make specific crossovers or battles threads or to use options such as @generic_DC_superhero and put the work on whoever makes up the options. I’m not saying this is a bad forum idea but I think making it a good forum to play is beyond the scope of the forumbuildr.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!