Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout It's Live Tonight - Forumwarz: The Rebalancing

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

kinky_gerl87 Posted:

I disagree with this. If BP becomes translatable into Flezz, the game will eventually devolve into “who puts the most money into the game”: something, I think, we all would rather not see. However, if it goes only one way (Flezz into BP) I can still see it working as a money sink, and a pretty effective one too I’ll think.

That’s how we plan to approach this. Flezz could become Brownie Points (in very high amounts) but we’re not comfortable with people buying Flezz.

At the very least, if we were allow something like that, we would take those characters off the Leaderboards, restrict their E-peen™, and perhaps deface their level names and avatars accordingly. The idea of a FWZ “GameShark” has been proposed for newbs who just want to see what happens without bothering to grind Log in to see images!

Sp00n_Ang3l

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Flayer Posted:

You people are forgetting that Camwhore items break faster than Troll/Emos and tend to give less benefit (for instance there is no Camwhore item that boosts Defence by 10). Camwhores should use less items to balance out the extra cost they pay in repairs.

Camwhores also get the most charisma out of any clbum, therefore they have the highest cash flow. And the patch increased the costs of consumables, while decreasing the decay rate of Camwhore glbumes.

Your statement that Emo Kid equipment are superior to Camwhores, is false. The best Emo items give you +8 Offense and +5 Defense. The best Camwhore items give you +5 Offense, +8 Defense, +5 Luck, and +5 Charisma.

The current Camwhores are STRONGER than the OLD Emo Kids. I have 13 Offense, and my strongest attack does MORE damage than my Emo Kid’s strongest attack at low health and 17 Offense.

Kelp Plankton

[Pumpkin Krew]

Level 13 Troll

Oooh look at me Im seasonal

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

That’s how we plan to approach this. Flezz could become Brownie Points (in very high amounts) but we’re not comfortable with people buying Flezz.

At the very least, if we were allow something like that, we would take those characters off the Leaderboards, restrict their E-peen™, and perhaps deface their level names and avatars accordingly. The idea of a FWZ “GameShark” has been proposed for newbs who just want to see what happens without bothering to grind Log in to see images!

If you do this, I suggest you also limit them to a significant distance behind the plot progression that actual players are able to see. Something like 2-3 episodes behind.

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Kelp Plankton Posted:

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

If you do this, I suggest you also limit them to a significant distance behind the plot progression that actual players are able to see. Something like 2-3 episodes behind.

Personally I would rather not see that happen. For starters, anyone with the Gameshark capabilities will likely run through the game very quickly, with multiple builds to find the most efficient one. Then, to earn e-peen (note the lack of trademark and capitalization) on the Internet, they’re likely to post up the superbuilds, potentially spoiling the game.

Of course one would argue that if a player wanted the challenge he wouldn’t have searched for the ultimate build in the first place. Or that it was bound to happen sooner or later, Gameshark or not. Or even that the whole conjecture is merely a slippery slope argument, that one does not necessarily lead to the other. Regardless, I fear that such an event may end up ruining Forumwarz and send it the way countless other MMOGs have gone: into obscurity and eventual oblivion.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

I’ll be pulling some stats out soon enough to see the differences between the clbumes at the high end, which should be able to confirm or deny our suspicions about the camwhore being overpowered.

Having said that, the last time I pulled out stats they matched pretty much with what people had been saying (Emos were too easy), so if I had to bet, I’d say the Camwhores are in need of a little pulling back. I’m going to wait until I have a little more data first.

As for rolling back, the major issue (one that has been brought up in another thread) is that right now it’s a very database intensive operation. If it’s done during a peak period on the site we get deadlocks, so some work would have to go into the process to address that.

However, since you guys are so awesome with the testing, if you’re a level 10 and are interested in seeing the balance with a new character, send me a tubmail. I’ll give away a few accounts for free based to active players.

CJLJ

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

How about making heals a percentage of the total ego? I started a new camwhore to see how overpowered it was and now i’m beating the KKK forum at level 4 using only 1 Lipstick. I can recover about 5 attacks worth of damage with one use and it comes up every 3 turns. If i was fighting the reactor forum then i would guess it would actually be possible to die but i don’t see myself dying for a few more days.

avocados

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Will we be able to respec again for free after the next update? I wanted to test out the changes to offense and defense so I used a couple resets doing that. The next time I did it I accidentally clicked the wrong upgrade and now it will cost me 10000 to fix it. I didn’t expect the price to skyrocket like that. There ought to be an undo bumon when clicking upgrades like there is when you’re shopping.

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

So I didn’t use my forum visits for 2 days and I only have 6 Forum Visits left? I thought we could carry over forum visits but it seems I only got 2 extras for the day I was inactive?

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Flayer Posted:

So I didn’t use my forum visits for 2 days and I only have 6 Forum Visits left? I thought we could carry over forum visits but it seems I only got 2 extras for the day I was inactive?

Cool, I knew there would be another bug or two regarding forum visits. I’ve fixed it, you should have 8 now.

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Just a note, I do the same damage with my re-re now (caturday!) with 6 offense as my emo kid with 16 at 5% health left.. pleaaaaase re-look at the emo kid adjustments.

Flint

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

They call me brokeback imafabulous person

Bugs probably shouldn’t be seen as “cool”

I wasn’t about to let my visits roll over until I’d heard if it worked well or not.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

Flint Posted:

I wasn’t about to let my visits roll over until I’d heard if it worked well or not.

While having an application broken is not “cool”, sometimes the discovery of weird cases you didn’t think of and then coming up with a good solution is strangely satisfying.

The above user was one of those situations.

As for waiting to try out new features out of fear of bugs, I do my best to make sure people who get affected by these types of things are compensated.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

ThisIsBull**** Posted:

Just a note, I do the same damage with my re-re now (caturday!) with 6 offense as my emo kid with 16 at 5% health left.. pleaaaaase re-look at the emo kid adjustments.

That doesn’t make any sense, what attacks are you comparing here?

eponymous_en-
nui

[the abyss]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

Flint Posted:

Lighten up, dude. I’ll rather have a developer who thinks that finding bugs are cool than someone who sticks his fingers in his ears singing “la la la la la” to anyone who so much as clicks the Report bumon.

ThisIsBullsh-
it

[drip drool]

Level 10 Re-Re

Evil Trout Posted:

That doesn’t make any sense, what attacks are you comparing here?

Caturday and I Have Issues (strongest emo attack).

I’ll take some screens if you want but they are the same damage, ~85. Well, tomorrow, because my emo doesn’t have any visits left.

Ed: To elaborate, at full health, I Have Issues only does 50-55 damage. Only near death does it approach 90.

ThisIsBullshit edited this message on 12/01/2007 11:55PM

Cyst

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Just wanna say good work Crotch Zombie team. I appreciate all the work (Log in to see images!

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Evil Trout Posted:

Cool, I knew there would be another bug or two regarding forum visits. I’ve fixed it, you should have 8 now.

Thankyou! That’s awesome. I was worried we would only carry over 2 by design if we missed a day.

Evil Trout

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

I looked into the data, and the Camwhores certainly seem to be having an easier time. I’ve made Pump me Up less effective.

Emo kids don’t seem to have the huge disadvantage people are reporting, but there is a small difference so I threw them a tiny bonus.

Trolls seem more or less OK, no changes yet.

Re-Re’s (for those following the challenge) were made a little too easy last night after I introduced the two new attacks, so I nerfed them hard.

Nitty Gritty

Camwhores: Pump me up now costs 4 sexiness, recovers 30-40 ego instead of 40-50, and the buff lasts 3 turns instead of 4. This should result in using a couple more items in the end game.

Emo: I have Issues now does a base attack of 30 instead of 25

Everyone has been credited one “reset count”, aka: if you choose to reset it will cost you the same as the last time you did it instead of 10x as much. If you’ve never reset it will cost you nothing.

MaryJane

Level 7 Camwhore

“Training Broad”

Damn, i was hoping to finish off the reactor tomorrow with my camwhore at level 7. I was planning on using stacked pumped me up with Bad Poetry to kill it quick since i just have a rather crappy pair of glbumes for items. I might have to pustpone a day to earn a bit more cash.

MaryJane edited this message on 12/02/2007 2:50PM

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

What’s the point of Pump Me Up stacking if it only lasts 3 turns?

And would it be possible to add an item on the level of the Defaced Mona Lisa for Camwhores and Emos?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!