Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout It's Live Tonight - Forumwarz: The Rebalancing

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

I think the camwhore is a little too powerful at this current level. All things considered, I have a standard chain going (best two attacks + Pump Me Up: the cooldown lines up perfectly) in the plant forum that I only have to break maybe once to use a Prepub; not even a lipstick or a single XRXR. On the other hand, my troll and emo both need to use at least 4 XRXRs- usually 5 to 7- to take the plant down.

Alternatively, keep the camwhore at this current power level and power up the other clbumes to where it is now. That way it’ll be less whack-a-mole since we’ll have a baseline to work with. Or find another character clbum and then balance it towards that ideal instead.

Razor

Level 21 Troll

“Li'l Hellraiser”

I’d like to insist about the strange change on “Insult” skill. It’s doing 39~42 damage with fap, it did around 50 damage with fap before. Before I was able to kill most RPGenius threads with 2 fapped attacks, now I almost always need 3. Log in to see images!

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

kinky_gerl87 Posted:

I think the camwhore is a little too powerful at this current level. All things considered, I have a standard chain going (best two attacks + Pump Me Up: the cooldown lines up perfectly) in the plant forum that I only have to break maybe once to use a Prepub; not even a lipstick or a single XRXR. On the other hand, my troll and emo both need to use at least 4 XRXRs- usually 5 to 7- to take the plant down.

Alternatively, keep the camwhore at this current power level and power up the other clbumes to where it is now. That way it’ll be less whack-a-mole since we’ll have a baseline to work with. Or find another character clbum and then balance it towards that ideal instead.

it may be easier to bring everybody up to that level but it might be less interesting while we wait for the next chapter.

Ixiru

[Trolls F T W]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’m just going to reroll my stats again, since I have a Smuggled Mexican Family. I don’t need 18 defense with 400+ ego.

...Or not. Wow, that’s a really steep 3rd – 4th stat reroll. From 1k flezz to 10k? Wtf. ;_;

Ixiru edited this message on 11/30/2007 10:16AM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

Tubmail me a picture of your male reproductive organ, and I'll send you several pics of my naked body from every angle.

presumably it’ll go from 10000f to 100000f

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

someone care to share the successive prices ?

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

i’m thinking a crothless zombie staff member will just have to tell us if it just gains a power of ten every time or not.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cubear Posted:

i’m thinking a crothless zombie staff member will just have to tell us if it just gains a power of ten every time or not.

So it goes 0->1->10->100->1000 etc ?

If so that’s pretty ****ed.

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

goes straight from 0-100 actually.

InsertCoins

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Cubear Posted:

goes straight from 0-100 actually.

Well that makes more sense. Still it limits the amount of upgrades possible without putting in mbumive effort. I’m sure Evil Trout will address this though.

JOJO_STEED

Level 34 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

It seems to me that it’s a combination of PMU’s low refresh rate and the cheapness of sexiness that’s making the camwhore so powerful now.

Comparing my CW (using 1 PMU) and my troll (with fap),

Contact the authorities = 140 average @ 6 sexiness

yo mamma = 65 average @ 6 DB

Vivid Description of Sexual Excapades = 75 average @ 5 sexiness

insult = 40 average @ 5 DB

That’s over double the damage for the same cost for the top attack, and close to double for the 2nd best attack. The max total secondary stat doesn’t reflect that cost: my CW has 135 sexiness, and my troll has 153 DB.

I think increasing PMU refresh to 4 turns in line with the buff duration and putting the top two attacks back to 8 and 6 sexiness cost would do a lot to bring the CW back in line with the troll. You’d need to use some/more lipsticks – opening you up to taking some more damage as well as not getting such crazy free ego replenishment so you’d need to use some XR XR’s.

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

InsertCoins Posted:

Well that makes more sense. Still it limits the amount of upgrades possible without putting in mbumive effort. I’m sure Evil Trout will address this though.

It is powers of 10 up to 100000 then it stops.

It’s free, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000

The idea is to discourage constant re-specing. I thought that 3 times should be enough for most characters, but it sounds like you guys disagree?

ravenblooDDa-
rkdreams

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

I’m also of the opinion that emos got nerfed a little too hard. With 390 ego and 240 tears, the nuke forum used to take me about 4 smileprin. At low health my best emo attack did around 110 damage.

After a respec, I had more offense, 495 ego, and 240 tears. It now takes me 5 smileprin and 2 girlfriend’s cologne to beat the forum. If I’m using my best emo attacks (no bad poetry) it takes me 6-7 attacks to pwn a thread with 25-100/495 ego. My best emo attack no longer goes above 88 damage at lowest health possible.

I think the emo changes would be just fine if the damage bonus at low health hadn’t been nerfed so hard. The new damage totals are okay, but the low ego damage bonus should be put back where it was.

Additionally, I agree that self-mutilate is now basically useless; 2 defense doesn’t seem to make much of a difference and the heal is now less than 50% of a standard nuke forum attack. I’d be okay with an attack that didn’t heal you at all if the defense bonus were higher.

Flayer

[Camwhore Love]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

You people are forgetting that Camwhore items break faster than Troll/Emos and tend to give less benefit (for instance there is no Camwhore item that boosts Defence by 10). Camwhores should use less items to balance out the extra cost they pay in repairs.

Look for instance at the Camwhores mega item, the Paris Hilton Sunglbumes. Benefits: +5 Charisma, +3 Defense and they cost 7,040 flezz with max frugality and break extremely fast. Camwhores pay alot in repairs for those glbumes which essentially only have a boost of +3 Defense in forums. The Charisma makes up some of the huge repair costs but definitely not all of them.

SugarSweet16-
XO

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

And yet other camwhores aren’t agreeing with you. Camwhore repairs have been adjusted twice already and as of right now I notice no major discrepancy between break rate or repair cost scaling with the item cost.

Emo kids don’t have many tattoos at all, and maybe the costs should be readjusted but in the end ultimate cam whore items are still better.

8 Off, 5 Def VS 5 Off, 8 Def, 5 Cha, 5 Luck… the two last ones contributing to Flezz. And a buff that both heals a respectable amount, has a recharge less than the buff duration, extremely cheap cost and all with the very useful effect, especially with the new formula that effects high base attacks exceedingly well, +4 Offense.

Prosthetic_m-
ind

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

you know, if you want to discourage people from resetting their stats more than 3 times, you could just make an option to use brownie points to buy more resets if they don’t want to pay 10,000FL up, or just let people buy flezz with brownie points. Someone might actually get the defaced Mona Lisa then.

Prosthetic_mind edited this message on 11/30/2007 7:24PM

Cubear

[Team AWESOME]

Level 10 Camwhore

SugarSweet16XO Posted:

And yet other camwhores aren’t agreeing with you. Camwhore repairs have been adjusted twice already and as of right now I notice no major discrepancy between break rate or repair cost scaling with the item cost.

Emo kids don’t have many tattoos at all, and maybe the costs should be readjusted but in the end ultimate cam whore items are still better.

8 Off, 5 Def VS 5 Off, 8 Def, 5 Cha, 5 Luck… the two last ones contributing to Flezz. And a buff that both heals a respectable amount, has a recharge less than the buff duration, extremely cheap cost and all with the very useful effect, especially with the new formula that effects high base attacks exceedingly well, +4 Offense.

The issue we’re having now is that there’s so much feedback from people who have already beaten the game. this was meant to balance things out as far as a new story run goes… I’ve seen plenty of people beating the game at level 8. While I agree that the game feels very easy at level 10 right now, I don’t know how that would affect my finding it quite difficult around level 5 or 6.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Cubear Posted:

The issue we’re having now is that there’s so much feedback from people who have already beaten the game. this was meant to balance things out as far as a new story run goes… I’ve seen plenty of people beating the game at level 8. While I agree that the game feels very easy at level 10 right now, I don’t know how that would affect my finding it quite difficult around level 5 or 6.

This is true.

Trout, perhaps make it so we all have an option of resetting our characters to level 1 in exchange for an E-Peen ( “For the Greater Good” )? This way the players who want to can do so for the greater good, but those who don’t want to can just remain grinding the plant.

To soften the blow, if it’s possible make it so that the game saves your Flezz until the point where you beat the game once more, so that you withdraw all your Flezz and previous items once you do so. The only thing that is truly resetted, then, is the cred and level.

kinky_gerl87 edited this message on 11/30/2007 9:34PM

Prosthetic_m-
ind

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

yeah, It’d be interesting to see how things are after the rebalancing. I’d buy another character, but I’m in college and I have no money.

kinky_gerl87

[the abyss]

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

Prosthetic_mind Posted:

you know, if you want to discourage people from resetting their stats more than 3 times, you could just make an option to use brownie points to buy more resets if they don’t want to pay 10,000FL up, or just let people buy flezz with brownie points. Someone might actually get the defaced Mona Lisa then.

I disagree with this. If BP becomes translatable into Flezz, the game will eventually devolve into “who puts the most money into the game”: something, I think, we all would rather not see. However, if it goes only one way (Flezz into BP) I can still see it working as a money sink, and a pretty effective one too I’ll think.

EDIT:

SugarSweet16XO Posted:

Another thing I think we’ll all need to consider is how different all our builds may be at the end of the day. A pure-Def troll, for instance, may be having an easier time with the rebalance, but a pure-Off troll who used to dominate forums pre-reb may be having a harder time now. At the end of the day it may boil down to, not a problem with the rebalance, but just a matter of build efficiency.

kinky_gerl87 edited this message on 11/30/2007 10:06PM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!