Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout [CLOSED] ITT: I found a Misspelling

FAIL

Avatar: 36735 2015-06-13 23:04:37 -0400

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 25 Re-Re

Head of the Ministry of Man bumes

Since there is a new e-peen for finding spelling and grammar errors, I thought this thread might help ET not get a ton of tubmails.

Also, I found one:

And it was fixed! – JB

Jalapeno Bootyhole here. If you found a typo, enter it as a bug! DO NOT BOTHER POSTING IT HERE, WE’RE NOT TRACKING THESE.

(If it’s already been posted, fine, we’ll get around to it eventually. But in the future, you’re better off logging a bug.)

I’m keeping this around so people can see it, and I’ll probably make a sticky thread elsewhere, but I have some notes and ground rules regarding typo reports:

Anything in a community-built forum (i.e., Forumbuildr) doesn’t count. Unless there’s a badly formed madlib (which should’ve been voted out to begin with). That goes for the forum’s description, which we don’t write.

Anything in blogs or on Flamebate doesn’t count. Basically, it’s got to be part of the game proper. Reporting an admin’s Flamebate typo might get you banned. That’s how annoying it is.

Anything posted in Spoilerpedia doesn’t count. For Christ’s sake, it’s the ****ing walkthrough anyone can edit! If there’s a typo, just fix it!

Petty, straw-grasping matters of style don’t count. People send in reports of “typos” when they’re really just flagging our use of casual English. This isn’t a textbook, people. Please don’t waste our time with trivialities.

Stuff that nobody could possibly give a **** about doesn’t count. This covers a lot of territory, and it’s a bit vague, but think before you post: Is this really an issue? Do I really think this is worth posting about? Or am I just trying to get an E-Peen™? (And yes, we know the feed for E-Peens is still referred to as “exploits” on their user profile. We can’t fix that. Ever.) For instance, yes, sometimes Bruce Bear types without a “lisp.” That’s because it would be ridiculous to try to read otherwise.

Stuff that isn’t actually wrong doesn’t count. We try to be consistent with our use of American English. That means reformed spelling, punctuation within the quotation marks and no Oxford commas (as in this sentence). However, being Canadian, we might slip up once in a while — and we kinda don’t care. This is a big site with lots of text. Even The New York Times has inconsistencies. We’re looking for major, obvious errors.

Spelling errors within forums that are obviously created by our Unintelligencer machine translation tool don’t count! I’m amazed that people actually bring them up.

NOTE: A lot of stuff is buried deep within the code and I can’t access it myself. So text apart from item descriptions, bookmarks, conversations and so on are Evil Trout’s domain, and not likely to be corrected anytime soon. Unfortunately, that may delay your Peen indefinitely.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Avatar: 7241 2011-07-31 00:42:33 -0400

[i have a thirteen inch male reproductive organ click for proof]

Level 35 Camwhore

Oh whoops, I dropped my monster condom that I use for my magnum dong

I shared this with ET in IDC, but…

Mix Tape description – “Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.”

It should be ”...that ARE sure to bring…”

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

L2 Posted:

I shared this with ET in IDC, but…

Mix Tape description – “Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.”

It should be ”...that ARE sure to bring…”

Your’s Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that are sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.

Theirs Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that is sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchbag.

I personally think it sounds good the way it is.

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

When I’m pwning forums there are usually a lot of misspellings within the posts or title topics.

Also it should be “owning,” though “pwning” is a common misspelling due to the close proximity of the letter P to O on the keyboard. I expect imminent fixings.

EDIT: Do misspellings in the blog count towards this E-Peen?

TeeKayEff edited this message on 05/19/2008 10:37PM

crayoncakes

[Team Shortbus]

Level 31 Troll

To Earthend and beyond!

Bear Posted:

Your’s Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that are sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.

Theirs Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that is sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchbag.

Maybe cut it down to “Sixteen hatingly selected tunes sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.”?

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Second Best mammary glands on Forumwarz

Noose and Razor society tubmail:

i hope you’re not join this guild to make “friends” or boost your pathetic self-esteem. we’re here for just one purpose: to depress the hell out of everyone we encounter (before we kill ourselves).

It should say “I hope you’re not joining this guild.

mary misanthrope edited this message on 05/19/2008 10:40PM

Bear

Avatar: 19845 2011-10-31 11:07:12 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Emo Kid

“The Infinite Sadness”

crayoncakes Posted:

Maybe cut it down to “Sixteen hatingly selected tunes, sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.”?

Yeah, that sounds good too.

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

Bear Posted:

Pop this antiquated mixtape into your cbumette player when you really need to rock out with your male reproductive organ out. Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure to bring out anyone’s inner douchebag.

I’m pretty sure it’s a grammar error. If it were “A mix of sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure…”, it would be ok, but it’s an obviously plural “Sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure…”

Actually, now that I think about it, it would sound better as “A mix of sixteen hatingly selected tunes that’s sure…”. Log in to see images!

Edit: Ninja’d by crayoncakes. His sounds best.

Also, nice find, mary. Log in to see images! Bill_Murray_Fan_7383 edited this message on 05/19/2008 10:42PM

TeeKayEff

[Team Shortbus]

Level 34 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Minor grammatical error:

From Plum Computers store description:

Plum is famous for their Prune™ line of personal computers. Compared to a generic PC, Prunes are expensive, however they are generally built of higher-end components and have several hidden benefits, such as how “kewl” they look.

The comma after “expensive” and before “however” should be changed to a semicolon, and a comma should be added after the however. In its current state it’s rather run-onnish and awkward.

TeeKayEff edited this message on 05/19/2008 10:47PM

nanafabulous personiesus

[ Team Shortbus]

Level 10 Re-Re

TeeKayEff Posted:

Minor grammatical error:

From Plum Computers store description:

Plum is famous for their Prune™ line of personal computers. Compared to a generic PC, Prunes are expensive, however they are generally built of higher-end components and have several hidden benefits, such as how “kewl” they look.

The comma after “expensive” and before “however” should be changed to a semicolon, and a comma should be added after the however. In its current state it’s rather run-onnish and awkward.

in your current state you’re rather run-onnish and awkward

...I KID!!

nanafagiesus edited this message on 05/19/2008 10:54PM

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

THE_****’s profile:

As for you noob pussies…prepare to get BIGGER, HARDER muscles and TINIER, MORE SHRIVELED testicles then y’all ****es have ever had before!!!!!!!!

Should say ”...testicles than ya’ll…”, since it’s a comparison.

mary misanth-
rope

Level 35 Emo Kid

Multiplayer page:

There are many different Leaderboards available, ranking everything from how many forums you’ve succesfully pwned to how many medals you’ve earned in Forumwarz Domination. Most leaderboards provide E-Peen™ if you top them!

Should be spelled successfully

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

Smileprin XR description:

Conveniently, the LiliPad Pharmaceutical Corporation released this mirrored version of Smileprin™ a day before its patent expired. Since it’s patended it’s more expensive, but boy is it effective!

patented.

Something_Wi-
tty

Avatar: 32289 2010-01-24 16:35:06 -0500

[Team Shortbus]

Level 26 Permanoob

OH GOD WHAT THE **** IS THAT MY HEAD JUST GOT DECAPITATED

From CutiePie12xo’s profile:

I’m gal of merely twelve years of age, looking to meet similarly aged young’uns like myself!”

I’m A gal would be better.

God I feel nerdy. Log in to see images! Something_Witty edited this message on 05/20/2008 2:15AM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

SG94 Posted:

Smileprin XR description:

Conveniently, the LiliPad Pharmaceutical Corporation released this mirrored version of Smileprin™ a day before its patent expired. Since it’s patended it’s more expensive, but boy is it effective!

patented.

Wow…Smileprin XR was the first thing that came to mind when I started looking, but I forgot about it. That would’ve saved me some time. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Sure, I’ll join the desperate bid for e-peens. You guys were total bastards to put the counter by our character pic.

From Fr4gGingR1teZ’s profile:

“I dine the finest Doritos and Mountain Dew products money can buy.”

Should be “I dine on”.

http://www.forumwarz.com/conversations/profile/117651

——-

From the Glbum Slippers description:

They worked for Cinderella, and she was an illegal immigrant whose life boiled down to scrubbing floors and playing with disease-ridden rats. So think of what it’ll do for you!

Should read “So think of what they’ll do for you!”

——-

From the Red Strap-Ons™ description:

The leather in these shoes comes from designer Italian cows, and dyed red with the dust of rubies.

The word “and” should be eliminated. This would still be awkward, but since it could imply that they cows had been dyed instead of the leather, I like it. Log in to see images!

——-

In other news Eye Drops (Medicated) has a freaking hysterical description.

scully edited this message on 05/20/2008 3:11AM

humblefool

Level 10 Camwhore

“Leave it to Cleavage”

In the description for Fitness fabulous personry, it reads

“unfortunately named Fitness fabulous personry”

It should be “unfortunately-named Fitness fabulous personry,” since neither adjective can stand on its own.

If that’s not good enough, then the description for Trapped in the Closet reads

“An absolutely confounding, puzzling and confuzzling”

Do you guys hate the serial comma or something?

humblefool edited this message on 05/20/2008 2:49AM

Bill_Murray_-
Fan_7383

Level 35 Camwhore

humblefool Posted:

In the description for Fitness fabulous personry, it reads

“unfortunately named Fitness fabulous personry”

It should be “unfortunately-named Fitness fabulous personry,” since neither adjective can stand on its own.

If that’s not good enough, then the description for Trapped in the Closet reads

“An absolutely confounding, puzzling and confuzzling”

Do you guys hate the serial comma or something?

No, you can legitimately ignore the comma before “and”. I’ve had a lot of college professors prefer that method, actually.

Vagitarian

[The Flamers of Loa-
thing
]

Level 10 Troll

Im a stupid ****wad

I’m sure I sent in corrections back in 2007. Unfortunately I kind of forgot them, ****, but give me credit. I probably halped, Leon

Jalapeno Boo-
tyhole

Avatar: 44 2012-11-06 12:31:55 -0500

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 44 Emo Kid

I had the first bum avatar.

This is great. Keep ‘em coming. Sorry, keep “them” coming.

I’ll try to correct these soon and start awarding the Peen. Unfortunately, some of them I am unable to change myself.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!